20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

947 posts in this topic match your search for posts by o-din. You are on page 3 of 4.
#5675 8 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

My theory why so many machines are located up there, basements!

Try boardwalks, amusement parks, and arcades.

#5677 8 years ago

Born in Chicago yes, but believe it or not quite a few even made it out to sunny So Cal. Although I will say in the 70s we were a little heavy on the mustache man out here.

#5706 8 years ago

Looks good!

#5722 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I would give one of my arms to own that Star Jet.

But you only have one left...

1 month later
#5885 8 years ago

Here are my games as of yesterday. I've also got Skill Pool, Kings, and Speed Way in the back room waiting on me.

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

3_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

4_(resized).jpg4_(resized).jpg

5_(resized).jpg5_(resized).jpg

6_(resized).jpg6_(resized).jpg

#5887 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Looking good, Odin. What's your score to beat on Wagon Train? Mine is set at 1100 and it's a rare occurrence I get over that. It's getting the most play over here now.

Thanks! Yep, love me some Wagon Train. On the backglass it says 1000 is the score to beat, but I need to change that to 2000 now.

#5892 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What kind of player is Classy Bowler proving to be?

Outstanding!

#5894 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I understand that Skil Pool is similar to King Pin

True. But it looks like it is going to Ken instead. And this will probably be arriving from England in the next few days.

s-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(resized).jpg

#5895 8 years ago

How is that? You own a Williams and you have your backglasses from the other side of the world.

#5899 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That glass looks so good it looks weird! I have honestly never seen a good one, so finally seeing a good one is strange!

It's plexi! Which is why it looks a little different than others , but also why I'm not worried that it will break in transit.

Quoted from hoov:

Do you own any other games with comical artwork?

They are pretty much all comical.

#5901 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

every one I've seen have major issues.

I've got two of those, but even the nice one(s) on glass seem to be a lighter shade or very faded.

#5903 8 years ago

fonz_(resized).jpgfonz_(resized).jpg

#5926 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I love the toppings!

20101122-pizzaclass_(resized).jpg20101122-pizzaclass_(resized).jpg

#5928 8 years ago

On OUR time.

#5930 8 years ago

You're right, Mr Spicoli.

#5932 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Does Big Daddy ever get lonely, being in the corner by itself?

Never. I fold my clothes on it at least twice a week.

#5934 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

He leaves the TV on during the day so it doesn't get lonely.

I left the TV on so you wouldn't get lonely.

#5941 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

A pr/high score for me! and 8 games won.

Nice job kid.

ward-bond-rm1sm_(resized).jpgward-bond-rm1sm_(resized).jpg

#5944 8 years ago

A new friend that has been into pinball for a long time came over today and we are playing all the games. He said this is the most lively EM he has ever played. I must agree. All it took was one game, a little luck, and a lot of skill to do this.

DSCN4377_(resized).JPGDSCN4377_(resized).JPG

#5946 8 years ago

Not even if I get 2000. Not talking about dollars either.

#5959 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

"Missed it by that Much!"
A worthy High Score

He said I see why it's on three ball becuase if it was five it would be too easy to beat But I'd like to buy your 4 Roses if you want to sell it.

#5969 8 years ago

Wisdom from Mr.Bally himself.

#5998 8 years ago
Quoted from Diamondbed96:

Im buying a Jungle this Saturday. The guy says it works and in great shape. I'll post the pics when I get it home. He wascasking $700 for it but will take $550 for it. Im hoping its a fair price lol.

Jungle is one of the most desirable games of the early 60s. Boston pinball price guide has an average of $750 up to $2150 paid for it, so I think you are doing OK if we are talking about the same machine.

#6015 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

hehe.... loved that BG art!

That makes two of you.

#6016 8 years ago

Speaking of backglasses, I'm not sure this is how I'd package one that has to travel halfway around the world.

But, we'll see!

DSCN4380_(resized).JPGDSCN4380_(resized).JPG

#6018 8 years ago

Oh, he done good! Thank goodness for plexiglass!

DSCN4383_(resized).JPGDSCN4383_(resized).JPG

#6021 8 years ago

Jim Dandy! And the colors really pop. They knew what they were doing back in the day. I've got another export glass on Fashion Show and you can't tell, except that it looks almost brand new.

#6023 8 years ago

It may not be as translucent as the first one .

DSCN4380_(resized).JPGDSCN4380_(resized).JPG

#6025 8 years ago

50+ years later there really aren't that many options when it come to Skill Pool backglass. And for 100 English pounds shipped I think I did OK. They weren't selling the Magic Bus.

#6028 8 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

if you are or plan on having your playfield cleared

I wouldn't do it. Mostly because I don't like it, but as vid has pointed out, if Millwax (a stuff I use) has ever been on a playfield, and I guarantee that many if not most EM playfields have seen it, then Auto Clear will not properly stick.

Leave the auto clear for the DMD boys, or do whatever you like with your machine, but i won't be buying it and probably won''t want to play it.

#6031 8 years ago
Quoted from Zarklin:

I know it's not the place but please humor a pin newbie. Would all the same methods apply for filling chips and doing touch up on an em pf if you won't be clear coating? Fill, sand, paint but just wax over? I thought I heard if you do waterslide decals on replacement inserts it had to be cleared over?

I don't go to extremes like some do. I try to find a decent example to fix and play. I'll pop out the inserts and level them the best I can. If the playfield only has minor wear I leave it as that is it's history. Once it's in our hands it will never suffer the neglect or wear that the last 50 years put on it.

If it is seriously worn though, I'd say do whatever you can to make it better instead of sending it to the dumpster.

#6032 8 years ago

I don't know what to tell you about this one though. Some are better left to the experts. I just want to play it!

DSCN4384_(resized).JPGDSCN4384_(resized).JPG

#6033 8 years ago

I can live with this one just the way it is. Many hours of elbo grease is all I've got for this $75 machine. Put it back together and on to the next one. Three coats of wax and it won't wear any more.

DSCN4385_(resized).JPGDSCN4385_(resized).JPG

#6035 8 years ago

Looks better than my playfield. They aren't new you know. But if you've got the time somebody's got the beer. Speaking of which, it's time to go play. If I spent too much time on one then the other 30 might feel neglected. See ya!

#6037 8 years ago

And packaged to stand the trip.

#6039 8 years ago

King Pin and Classy Bowler are on their way to Texas and I got something done this morning.

DSCN4390_(resized).JPGDSCN4390_(resized).JPG

#6041 8 years ago

I can't wait to see it lit up. I need to finish putting it back together first though. It started as a $75 parts game, but I made it work and decided it was a keeper. Then I found a better cabinet that had a burned playfield. And this glass from England. It's all coming together now.

#6043 8 years ago

We do some crazy things in this hobby. Has anybody else paid $300 to ship a $100 game? Well since the ad is still up, that's what I did with the intent of using the cabinet and sending this glass to BGresto. Finding the glass I have now was just a fluke. So about $600 total in this game and to me it is well worth it. And I have some parts leftover.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32063

#6044 8 years ago
#6046 8 years ago

I seriously bought it for parts. But all I had to do was adjust a flipper and it was pretty much plug and play. And we played the heck out of it before I got further enthused.

#6051 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Classy Bowler didn't last long? I hear it's a great player.

It is a great player and I had it for a while. Still doesn't top Frontiersman (not many can). Now all my bowling games are gone.

But with two spots opened up, I am now free to go shopping at the EM and woodrail superstore. Word has it there is a nice Arrow Head ready to go. Among others....

#6053 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

the EM and woodrail superstore.

"Pinball buying made easy"

IMG_3425_(resized).JPGIMG_3425_(resized).JPG

#6055 8 years ago

Who else?

#6057 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that is a good one.

The Arrow Head? I like the looks of that Struggle Buggies sitting next to it too. He will need a place to put BoBo.

#6059 8 years ago

Pinball wouldn't be pinball without a few clowns. Looking good!

#6062 8 years ago

Those two clowns remind me of other clowns.

download_(1)_(resized).jpgdownload_(1)_(resized).jpg

#6063 8 years ago

I wonder if these are made out of "plastikote".

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

#6065 8 years ago

Only the wealthy can afford them.

#6068 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Pinball machines with a clown theme are hard machines to sell.

They ain't selling. Meanwhile it is big trouble in little China.

DSCN4402_(resized).JPGDSCN4402_(resized).JPG

#6070 8 years ago

Now there's a happy clown.

#6071 8 years ago

If you roll into Dodge City prepare to take the bull by the horns.

DSCN4403_(resized).JPGDSCN4403_(resized).JPG

#6081 8 years ago

jokers4_(resized).jpgjokers4_(resized).jpg

#6084 8 years ago

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#6090 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

bgresto.com
They will sell it to you.

They will also sell you the alternate glass for this clown. But I say leave it be.

big_deal_1_(resized).jpgbig_deal_1_(resized).jpg

#6093 8 years ago

This thread has morphed into "Show us your EM Clowns"

#6096 8 years ago

Tough crowd here.

Screwball_(resized).jpgScrewball_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#6100 7 years ago

Out of three Skill Pools came one, and now to my standards it is done. It plays like greased lightning and it is fun! What an amazing pinball game it is.

DSCN4433_(resized).JPGDSCN4433_(resized).JPG

#6102 7 years ago

Thanks! Hard to believe it started as a $75 parts game that I got at the auction but was able to piece it together before the next auction. What a great game it is!

#6106 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Looks nice and it sounds like a great player. If I ever make it back to Orange County I'll make an appointment......

Hoov, you're welcome here anytime. Nobody else seems capable of keeping the phone lines up. You might enjoy playing that Fun Park too. In the land of underrated, it's leading the charge.

#6108 7 years ago

No wonder that game hardly has any plays on it.

#6110 7 years ago

It looks like somebody was using it as a step stool with the playfield up.

#6112 7 years ago

You should be able to adjust those by eye. Just unplug it and turn the score motor by hand in the direction it will turn.

#6133 7 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Williams 'Thunderbird' woodrail...

I'll take one.

#6164 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

right now I am broke.

Then do the next best thing! Sit back and watch 1,000,000 BC. Won't cost much...

raquel-welch_(resized).jpgraquel-welch_(resized).jpg

#6168 7 years ago

Sea Ray is one of the first pinball machines I remember playing when it was new. That game always had a good crowd around it. It had a look about it that stood out from the rest. Even though I'm a two inch flipper guy now I wouldn't mind finding one. Congrats!

#6175 7 years ago

I recently picked up a bunch of CEC brand #455s off ebay and they seem just as good as the old GEs. They even have the brass base.

#6188 7 years ago

I lost track of the hours I put into this one but it plays very snappy.

DSCN4562_(resized).JPGDSCN4562_(resized).JPG

DSCN4558_(resized).JPGDSCN4558_(resized).JPG

#6190 7 years ago

Standard woodgrain cabinet with green legs.

DSCN4569_(resized).JPGDSCN4569_(resized).JPG

#6196 7 years ago

Wow!

#6198 7 years ago

Makes me want the whole set!

#6200 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That game is really cool looking.

Arriba! Andale! Yee-Haw!

Thanks! At first I was a little bummed somebody had sanded all the cabinet art off, but it actually looks fine the way it is and there are so few of these that the chance of getting stencils are slim and none. I'll just live with it the way it is and eventually maybe one with a decent cabinet but blown out playfield and glass will show up. It really doesn't bother me though.

I will say this, each time I get another game designed by Harry Mabs, I gain a lot of respect for him. And I know he was one of the key inovators in the early days of flipper pinball. After all he invented them.

We put several games on it last night and it's an instant hit. Seems I've seen this guy before somewhere.

DSCN4575_(resized).JPGDSCN4575_(resized).JPG

Oh yeah on Magic Clock. He's just a dancing fool!
DSCN4578_(resized).JPGDSCN4578_(resized).JPG

#6209 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Most of my games are in storage in California

I'll take that Eager Beaver off your hands any time you're ready! You can send the parts game too!

#6212 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Now look who has turned into an Eager Beaver!

american_beaver_(resized).jpgamerican_beaver_(resized).jpg

#6228 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Hey O-din wake up

I'm up!

Quoted from Budman:

Hey O din
There is an Eager Beaver for sale on Mr Pinball this morning.

Thanks! I have been informed.

Quoted from stashyboy:

Good day for EMs.

indeed!

#6231 7 years ago

I took a pass on the Eager Beaver although it was offered to me. Overall it was in decent shape but I'm looking for one with a near perfect backglass which this one was not. So it's still available if somebody else wants one. But thanks for all the heads up!

Doesn't mean something else won't be coming soon though....

#6233 7 years ago

Eventually. I just made another purchase of a few machines that should be here in the next day or two, so really my eagerness for the beaver is not what it was a couple days ago.

thumbnail_IMG_3425_(resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_3425_(resized).jpg

#6235 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Could always get it in the meantime and wait for a rough one with a nice backglass, swap and sell, or just wait for a nice one overall.

The thought had crossed my mind. But I've got four on the way so I'm holding back for now. One thing I can never resist though is a single player Williams from the early 60s when and if available including this one.

thumbnail_IMG_2805_(resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_2805_(resized).jpg

#6239 7 years ago

It doesn't take much to find a kinship with anything that has that much character. And it's full of character.

#6241 7 years ago

You don't really notice the clown after a while. And drop targets every where.

DSCN4605_(resized).JPGDSCN4605_(resized).JPG
DSCN4600_(resized).JPGDSCN4600_(resized).JPG

DSCN4600_(resized).JPGDSCN4600_(resized).JPG

#6245 7 years ago

It was already repainted. But the playfield and backglass are in amazing condition. It's beautiful!

#6247 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Anyone like Skill Pool?

You know I do! What a fun machine.

#6250 7 years ago

It's not really a clown on Big Deal. More of a hobo. Or as the guys that were over last night said, it's me.

Quoted from DK:

Just picked this up. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on it soon!

Pit Stop rules the multiplayer universe! Congrats and enjoy!

#6252 7 years ago

I think it was.

#6254 7 years ago

A friend of mine not far away.

#6260 7 years ago
Quoted from frb:

What a fun game.

It can be.

One of the house favorites around here. Especially if you like a challenge.

Looks like somebody moved your outlane post a bit.

#6278 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Not bad for a CL $100 pickup

You paid a lot less than I did, but when I first played Pit Stop, I knew I had to have it. I think I've got my money's worth by now. It gets played a lot.

1 week later
#6311 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Here is my latest score ... Not to many around from what I hear. Home use for 40 years ... I believe it will clean up very nice.

Nice! Don't listen to those that say El Toro is not a good game. I don't think they they are talking about this one anyway. The day I got mine it became an instant keeper with no doubt it would be staying for the long haul. It's another top Williams two player from the 60s.

Congrats!

#6338 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Do you happen to have the rule card? If so I would love to get a scan if possible.

Yeah, I've got it. PM me your e-mail and I will scan it later.

I could sure use the rule cards for Arrow Head and Struggle Buggies. Wish me luck!

#6354 7 years ago

Vic was right. This one's great! Thank you sir.

LL_(resized).jpgLL_(resized).jpg

#6357 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

o-din, how many games do you have?

I've lost count.

#6359 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

our buddy in the hills said you were catching up to him?

Last time I talked to him a couple days ago we both reallized we were in the same boat. Past max capacity. Then he asked do you want one of these Darts? Apparently he now has two.

#6362 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

he grab the one on ebay. not sure why. i just sent him one?

Probably because he could.

#6364 7 years ago

But am I right to keep going up there and never come home empty handed?

#6366 7 years ago

I tend to find my wallet empty is what I tend to find.

#6368 7 years ago

Canoga Park is quite a lot further from Orange County than a couple miles, but it was well worth the drive. I went at night anyway so it only took an hour each way. But during the day it would have taken much longer than that. LA traffic is rarely something I like to deal with.

#6380 7 years ago

Skyway is an awesome looking game. One of the first flipper machines to have a ramp.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

just one left flipper bat? not cool...

There really doesn't seem to be a place for another left flipper bat.

#6385 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Yup, I think Seven Sisters was the first. It had a Pinbot style spiral ramp. This one probably came soon after.

Nine Sisters. Yep that may be the first. Although there were ramps on flipperless games years before.

Looks like this one has only one right flipper bat.

9sister2_(resized).jpg9sister2_(resized).jpg

#6389 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

The first is a 1953 Williams ARMY NAVY. I saw this game folded and non working at Pinfest in Allentown a few weeks ago and the artwork just grabbed me.

Your Army Navy looks pretty cool too. One of the few early games with score reels. Should be a lot of fun once you get them both up and running.

#6393 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Thanks. It's a beauty for sure. It was the very first score reel game to be introduced by Williams (only 3 reels are active). They did it for a few games and then reverted back to backglass/lamp scoring before bringing it back years later.
Sadly, the flippers are also impulse and they're linked, so that may reduce the fun a little, but I'm hopeful it'll still be fun.

I have a Struggle Buggies with the early reels. They aren't much different than the reels both Williams and Gottlieb used a few years later when they became standard. Except no EOS switch for the relay. It was tricky to get them working right as the relay is wired in series with the number bank relays .

Impulse flippers are not that bad. It was Williams way of being able to run a higher powered coil than the other single wound flippers that first arrived on the scene. Mine have lots of kick. Plus you've got over 50 volts powering them.

#6414 7 years ago

That would look right at home in my garage even without the full restoration.

#6418 7 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

I thought you had one Odin

I do. And like you I thought I would never find one. I looked for quite a while. It does look right at home in my garage too. Good playing, tough game. Congrats!

#6426 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

And which game do you think is the better player?

If you must know, KOD was a good player but was way too easy to beat even on three ball play. So it left after a few weeks.

River Boat, I am still yet to lite all the cards on five ball play. I don't think it will leave any time soon.

But they both "play" good.

They are complete opposites IMO. One very easy, and the other very hard to complete.

#6431 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

You won't light all the cards on it very often o-din.

That doesn't mean I won't go home and give it another try. The thing about River Boat is it is not that hard to lite several cards, but each time you do the next one gets harder. I've been down to the last card a few times now, but that last one still eludes me. I think the challenge of that is what keeps it strong in the line-up.

#6433 7 years ago

I had it sitting next to Heat Wave for a while and the characters on the backglass sure look similar.

#6435 7 years ago

I lit two cards. Whoopee!

#6442 7 years ago

My River Boat is currently tucked tight between a few other great playing and challenging games. Not a perfect example, but it has a very nice playfield and a decent backglass. Most of all it takes on all comers and keeps them coming back for more.

DSCN4662_(resized).JPGDSCN4662_(resized).JPG

#6443 7 years ago

What do we do on a Saturday afternoon in So Cal when it's going to be over 100 degrees out for the next few days?

What else?

DSCN4664_(resized).JPGDSCN4664_(resized).JPG

#6446 7 years ago

This one came nice enough, but I decided I'd rather be out in the garage doing something on such a nice day like this. And the fridge is full of Pacificas for when the Bills and the Bobs show up later.

#6448 7 years ago

I just want to see if that "no wagering" applies to a game like Lady Luck. We'll see.

#6454 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Nick you need to play a well set up Riverboat when you get a chance.

I thought mine was set up decent when he was here. Hard to play them all I guess...

#6458 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

When did it enter your stable? I don't remember seeing it there last time.

Almost two years ago. It came with Surf Side and Teachers Pet. Hard to play them all in one shot though.

#6475 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

when you have big $$$$ nothing is impossible to find.

Do you know where to find a Bo Bo?

#6477 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

our buddy has one, you ask him to sell it?

No, it was just an observation.

#6519 7 years ago

"If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to bring back another two player game"

Hey, I'm not too picky when it comes to cabinet paint as long as it comes with a decent backglass and playfield. And this one did!

Chow!

DSCN4672_(resized).JPGDSCN4672_(resized).JPG
DSCN4673_(resized).JPGDSCN4673_(resized).JPG
DSCN4675_(resized).JPGDSCN4675_(resized).JPG

#6521 7 years ago

It's not perfect but it is a pretty fun to play game. When my buddy gets here later we'll see how it is for competition. I think it will fit right in.

#6522 7 years ago

It passed the test.

#6526 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

the last of the gobble holes

And it's a good one!

#6536 7 years ago

That's one happy fish.

c61ab3e22cb7ddf5c209301c4f91ebedbe2d07a5_(resized).jpgc61ab3e22cb7ddf5c209301c4f91ebedbe2d07a5_(resized).jpg

#6545 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Not just export AABs from Gottlieb, but domestic games too.

Wow Stashy, your Palooka turned out nice. Not many left in that shape I'm sure. Fun game eh?

#6547 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I am very happy with it and will reside between two wedge heads in my future game room some day.

Glad to hear it and I'm sure they won't mind.

#6562 7 years ago

That Vagabond has found a home.

#6584 7 years ago

We don't have basements in So Cal. At least not very many. Something to do with the water table or earthquakes. But if I did, I could almost double the size of my collection.

#6606 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

What water table?

There's certainly not much of one lately. But some live pretty close to sea level so that may have something to do with it. Haven't heard of too many basements in Florida either.

#6610 7 years ago

I rearranged the furniture a bit yesterday. I kind of like the way this wall turned out. We'll be lighting them up soon.

DSCN4710_(resized).JPGDSCN4710_(resized).JPG

#6612 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I lost track of where all of your machines are.

Me too!
It would seem.... they are everywhere.

DSCN4713_(resized).JPGDSCN4713_(resized).JPG

DSCN4711_(resized).JPGDSCN4711_(resized).JPG

DSCN4712_(resized).JPGDSCN4712_(resized).JPG

DSCN4714_(resized).JPGDSCN4714_(resized).JPG

DSCN4715_(resized).JPGDSCN4715_(resized).JPG

#6613 7 years ago

Even the kid's room isn't safe anymore...

DSCN4716_(resized).JPGDSCN4716_(resized).JPG

#6616 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

O-din, how do you get a good slap shot in with them set so close together?

I nudge with the heels of my hands. All tilt bobs installed. Too tight for some it would seem..

#6617 7 years ago

And they wouldn't be so close together if I had a basement.

#6620 7 years ago

lol. It's like a war zone around here right now. Skyrockets and bombs in every direction. Glad I watered today.

Happy 4th fellow pinballers!

#6623 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

In drought-ridden California. Sounds wise. *LOL*

It's never been like this before. Lots of firepower tonight. Bob says it's WWIII. I agree.

#6625 7 years ago

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

#6641 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Fireworks must be getting cheap.

Whatever fireworks they were lighting weren't being sold around here. But they did make them legal a couple years ago after a 30+ year ban. The ones at the stands are so bad now, they aren't worth buying. Closest place that sells the real deal is New Mexico or Tijuana.
It was one heck of a show last night though from all directions. No fires that I know of.

#6644 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I can't believe that the state of California lets anyone shoot off fireworks.

Only the safe and sane variety. Last night was anything but...

#6646 7 years ago

Heck, Disneyland shoots them off every night.

#6650 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I love Unsafe and Insane Fireworks.

My guess is Thursday's raid didn't get them all.

http://abc7.com/news/nearly-1000-pounds-of-illegal-fireworks-seized-in-fullerton/1410347/

#6658 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Space Mission/Space Odyssey absolutely takes the cake for the pinball machine I see the most on Craigslist and eBay times 10 around here, like if there was a top 10 Space Mission/Space Odyssey would take the top 5 spots here on the East coast. I see at least 1-3 a month, it's weird.

Williams sold over 15,000 units between the two so it's really not that surprising. Fun game to play. I always liked those swinging target machines, but for now I'm sticking with the short flipper variety.

#6665 7 years ago

Love those clowns! She's not half bad either.

#6689 7 years ago

The eagle has landed.

DSCN4770_(resized).JPGDSCN4770_(resized).JPG

#6696 7 years ago

boilerman, the ones you did look very nice! But I couldn't take them all. I think he's rather attached to those anyway.

I didn't know Satellite had a mirrored backglass and this machine looks simply stunning in person. I don't know if I will be able to top this one.

#6697 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Is that going next to your Rocket?

That will probably work.

But since I do have room in my truck for two, I took his xtra Darts too. Complete with an STP sticker on the drink shelf.

DSCN4774_(resized).JPGDSCN4774_(resized).JPG

#6699 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Dammit - where do you find all these cool old Williams pins with the drink shelf? Did they ship them all to CA?

As far as I'm willing to drive these days. Magic Clock came from Oceanside, about an hour south. And Darts came from Beverly Hills, an hour north on a good day.

Quoted from dasvis:

Side note - if anyone needs a vintage STP sticker to restore a pin, I have several 100 in my collection.
Probably a Bardahl sticker too...

Um yes...

I remember back in grade school all the cool kids had STP stickers.. I had a very large one that somehow disappeared.

#6701 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Seriously, that Darts looks sweet! Never even knew that existed before right now.

It's in a good location too as that is where I had a cart where I used to set my drink.

#6703 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

My guess is that GTB Preview might not last too much longer, even if it is a prime example.

That's a Fashion Show. Nope, it won't be leaving soon. Looks can be deceiving, but it is a great playing multiplayer. If you trust the post between the flippers it can be your friend, but sometimes it isn't. I'm pretty content with what I've got for now, but did trade Steeple-Chase in on the two last night.

#6705 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I was surprized when you let Teacher's Pet go.

It wasn't easy, but I have a lot of single player games and it gave me a chance to bring another multiplayer- San Francisco, which around here is already a big hit. It's more fun to compete. Another reason Fashion Show stays. If anything is to go it will be a single player. Which will be tough with what's left.

#6708 7 years ago

I just played a couple games of Darts and it's pretty darn fun! I think it's already earned it's keep.

#6709 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Is the post between flippers on Fashion Show standard.

It's below in between. If that post isn't supposed to be there, I'll take that sucker out. That will make for one heck of a wide flipper gap without it.

#6712 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Totally never heard that one before

I have. My buddy waits until I'm just about too tired to play, like right now, and then decides he wants to play. But I'm always up for the challenge.

I just rolled Darts and won like 1o free games and was about to call it a night, but now I'm going to wake up and give it my best. Time to open a can of whoopass.

#6713 7 years ago

This is how I sent my buddy Bob on his way last night.

DSCN4776_(resized).JPGDSCN4776_(resized).JPG

#6715 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Best 2-player evar! Can anything dethrone it? I'm about out of alternatives...

I'll give it a "one of the best" to go along with the rest. So far though, Pit Stop remains the reigning champ of multiplayer games here. A title it has held since I got it. But they all work good in rotation.

#6720 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Tom.....All of the above....

Pretty much. When having several, variety is most important. Variety of artwork, layout, features, goals, and rules.

What sets Pit Stop apart besides the fact that it keeps track of each players progress on the race track and laps, is the playfield geometry and shots, which may not look like much in pictures, but once the ball is in play it becomes quite apparent.

It has the perfect balance of what a two player game should be, but is also just as much fun when a single player steps up to it.

#6721 7 years ago

Pit Stop hasn't moved, and it's not going to. It is the anchor of my garage collection.

DSCN4780_(resized).JPGDSCN4780_(resized).JPG

DSCN4779_(resized).JPGDSCN4779_(resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#6837 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

I have evolved and now have all 2" non drop target games:
Sing Along
Heat Wave
King of Diamonds
Nags

Funny, my Heat Wave has a drop target.

#6838 7 years ago

In fact several of my 60s games with 2" flippers have drop targets. Which I don't think is a bad thing. As long as it's not the only feature.

image-22_(resized).jpgimage-22_(resized).jpg

#6848 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Drop target is not the primary objective on either Heat Wave or Teacher's Pet (which is probably the game I regret getting rid of the most).

Without hitting the drop target on either how do you collect the special?

I like drop target games where there is only one or a few that can be most important shots at one point or another in the game. Also that require a different shot to bring them up again. I've had a couple games with 10+ drop targets and they just don't do much for me anymore.

#6857 7 years ago

LEDs probably look best on EMs with long flippers and lots of drop targets.

#6859 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I went back to 47 bulbs.

47s? Most of the EMs I've ever owned came with 44s. 47s are not bright enough for GI or inserts on the playfield. I have put some behind the backglass on games with some paint loss there though.

#6861 7 years ago

I had tried 47s in some games, but they just didn't cut it especially in machines with limited amount of GI bulbs. Under rollover buttons I could hardly tell they were lit.

1 week later
#6898 7 years ago

Williams Satellite. One of ? made?

DSCN4873_(resized).JPGDSCN4873_(resized).JPG

#6918 7 years ago

I finally got my Eager Beaver up and running and now it is in good company. I've had a few Stenholms, but he went all out on this one.

DSCN4886_(resized).JPGDSCN4886_(resized).JPG

DSCN4891_(resized).JPGDSCN4891_(resized).JPG

DSCN4879_(resized).JPGDSCN4879_(resized).JPG

DSCN4887_(resized).JPGDSCN4887_(resized).JPG

#6920 7 years ago

As far as game play, this thing's fast and fun. Not the most complicated rules, but the flow is there. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I find it to be one of the better playing drop target games.

#6921 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Very close to sending you sandpaper and some white paint for that San Francisco.

If you're going to San Diego, would you stop by with some stencils in your hand? I'm about halfway in between.

#6941 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Now I really need a longer wall and a great spinner game I really miss the Funpark I had!

Fun Park eh? Probably the best 60s spinner game I've ever played. Maybe the best spinner game period.

FP_(resized).jpgFP_(resized).jpg

#6943 7 years ago

I played the piss out of it.

As we have this one. I've played several Fun Lands but I think in this case the add a ball version is a better game. I got lucky finding such a nice example of a game that there were only 580 made.

#6945 7 years ago

Story is this one had a malfunction very early on and went into storage where it sat for years. Very well preserved, it looks like it just came out of the box. It wasn't working right when I got it either but I could only find one thing wrong.

Keys_(resized).jpgKeys_(resized).jpg

#6948 7 years ago

That Gigi is on my very short list of wedgeheads I might like to acquire.

#6951 7 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Just how big are those garages in California anyway?

Big enough to hold a 1968 Coupe De Ville and a 1968 Galaxie 500 at the same time and still have room for a workbench.

#6953 7 years ago

Did it have the slide down rear window?

#6981 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

My 1973 Gottlieb King Pin. Full restore including a clearcoat of the Playfield by me

Nice. So what are you going to do with that repro playfield when it happens?

#6983 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I already have an original 1965 Gottlieb Kings and Queens Playfield hanging on our hallway wall with room for another next to it.

I've got an A Go Go playfield I pulled from a parts game I could send ya.

#6991 7 years ago

I knew I should have sent one of those pods up there.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Was also going to also take Eager Beaver

Taking the Beaver seems like a no brainer. Great playing game.

#6993 7 years ago

My Trade Winds has a fairly decent backglass.

backglass (resized).jpgbackglass (resized).jpg

#7012 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"Fun Park/"Fun Land" are two of the most under-the-radar games out there. Fantastic players! Lots of fun!

So true. I'm not the biggest add a ball fan, but on Fun Park it is integrated in a fun way. And also good 60s games with spinners are few and far between, but these are situated just right.

Quoted from jrpinball:

This is where Stenholm and Parker really overlap. If you said this is a Parker glass, I don't think anyone would question it.

Except that the last glass Parker did for Williams was in 1956.

image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg

#7014 7 years ago

Original, unrestored Fun Park.

DSCN4931 (resized).JPGDSCN4931 (resized).JPG
DSCN4924 (resized).JPGDSCN4924 (resized).JPG
DSCN4923 (resized).JPGDSCN4923 (resized).JPG
DSCN4926 (resized).JPGDSCN4926 (resized).JPG
DSCN4928 (resized).JPGDSCN4928 (resized).JPG

#7029 7 years ago

Thanks for posting this, makes me not miss mine, as it was total garbage by comparison. Please let me know if you decide to move it along!!

Thanks. I had decided a long time ago I wanted one but knew chances were better of getting the replay version. However most every one of those I saw had been played into the ground. I almost bought a fairly nice one but backed out and decided to wait.

There weren't very many of these made in the first place, I think like 570 or so, so when I saw a friend of mine had picked it up along with some others I wheeled and dealed and snagged it. I don't think he cared for it much so I took it on home.

You will be the first to know if we decide it can go, but it would be tough being it is such a time capsule and a game we wanted in the first place.

#7037 7 years ago

Exactly. I just got home and measured it or I would have posted earlier. Thanks!

Another thing I appreciate about Fun Park is while Williams was the only company making drop target games, which I have a few, Gottlieb had the only spinners. And I think this is one of the better spinner games. Adds to the variety in the collection.

#7066 7 years ago

Dirt... the great protector!

#7075 7 years ago

This one we have nicknamed "Hell Toro". And with good reason.

DSCN4939 (resized).JPGDSCN4939 (resized).JPG

#7079 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

player #1 is definitely going to hell
or is from hades.

I better start praying then. Actually we gave it that name because it can be so brutal.

That score came later and was only a coincidence..... maybe.

#7098 7 years ago

OK, who's going to show us the classic solid state Ballys and Sterns now? Let's get some real meat on the table here.

#7101 7 years ago

My buddy has a Stern Stars and that is about as good an early SS game I ever played. And it has a chime unit. Got me interested in looking for more.

#7103 7 years ago

Stingray is supposed to be a good one. I keep hearing a lot about it. That beeping is one of the things that turned me off when solid states first arrived on the scene. However I'm learning to adapt as it opens up a whole new set of games to play.

When I was cutting my teeth on EMs in the 70s, it became apparent that Bally had made great strides and was well on it's way to being on top. Their only down side was the lack of many single player games. I think once everybody went SS Bally finally rose to the top and those early Sterns share many of the same components.

#7107 7 years ago

I'd like to say I miss my Joker Pokers, but I really don't. It was nice to have them for a while and such nice ones, but I can live without them.

#7109 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Now, if we can get back on track here, that would be great!

Good idea! But I will post a pic of that Skateball Robert's sending as soon as it arrives.

#7114 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

thought our buddy was getting roberts skateball? or are you getting it from our buddy?

I'm getting it, and I'm gonna rock n roll with it. I'm trying to diversify a little bit. Should be done soon. Robert does amazing work and I just couldn't pass it up.

#7116 7 years ago

Sweet.

#7136 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Would own if I could find one with a decent glass....right O-din?

Looks like BGresto was able to work with a very familar looking backglass photo..

http://bgresto.com/?p=1504

#7141 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Is that your old glass?

Yep. But I never sent it. Unless somebody else had one with a taped on 2 ball too.

#7143 7 years ago

I always kind of liked that taped on 2 ball. American inginuity at it's finest.

#7145 7 years ago

It was the nicest part of that backglass.

2 weeks later
#7202 7 years ago

My buddy's been lining up the mod cabs. Anybody have an original Viking backglass they can spare?

image1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPG

#7204 7 years ago

Those lockbars seem to be missing on quite a few of these. My Magic Clock has what looks like an original and probably wouldn't be too hard to fabricate.

#7210 7 years ago

Soon you will have 8. Trust me....

#7212 7 years ago

Once you have all the bugs worked out you will be an expert. And then the challenge of taking your knowledge to the next one will be too great to pass up. Soon after that you will be fixing them in your sleep and your garage will be full of them.

Just speculation of course....

#7216 7 years ago

Once the garage is full, sooner or later they will find their way into your house too. (I wish I could figure out which button on this camera will keep it from bending the machines. My old one didn't do that)

DSCN4995 (resized).JPGDSCN4995 (resized).JPG

#7232 7 years ago
Quoted from gottguy:

Some pics of my recent 64 Williams San Francisco restore.

We played some San Fransisco last night. Wish the cabinet looked as nice as yours. But it's a keeper for sure.

#7233 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

1968 Gottlieb "Fun Park", 580 produced, add-a-ball version of Gottlieb "Fun Land". Usually try to go for replay games but I heard that the add-a-ball version is the better version of the two and I absolutely must agree

Wonder where you heard that.

#7236 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I'm really glad I ended up with this version.

Congrats. You will probably want to keep it too.

I'm not the biggest AAB fan, but between that one and Flipper, I think I've got two of the better ones.

#7238 7 years ago

For those that don't know the basic rules, you lite the center ducks by hitting the corrosponding shots on the playfield. The two red insert ducks are lit by the upper rollover button. Indicated value is changed by hitting the center pop bumper.

Each time you spin the spinner the center arrow moves until the spinner stops and if it stops on a lit duck and the indicated value of that same color is lit you get points for green, one extra ball for yellow, and two extra balls for red. After a ball is added, all center lites go back out again.

1 week later
#7251 7 years ago

I always been more of a fix it guy than an artist. But I figured I'd try my hand at doing some touchups on this Darts since I'm not in any real hurry and a repro backglass may be a while off.

There was quite a bit of paint loss in the middle above the flippers and after a thorough cleaning even more had come off. It's a lot of trial and error and mixing paint to get the colors right, and details like the ladies hands can be a challenge. Every few days I'll go back, sand some off and try to keep improving on it. It'll get there eventually...

DSCN4941 (resized).JPGDSCN4941 (resized).JPG

#7255 7 years ago

Thanks! You've got a Darts too JR? I only got to play this one when it had sunken inserts and old crusty rubbers and it still played pretty darn snappy and fast. Kind of a fun game really. Can't wait to see what it's like all freshened up. There are so many bulbs behind the backglass it's no wonder it's seen better days.

#7257 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

These "styling of the sixties" cabinets have a slightly wider playfield glass.

The playfield is a little wider as well. Magic Clock's left out;lane is about 1/4 wider than the right.

I took measurements and went down to the local glass shop and got one for Clock, Pinky, and Capersville all at the same time as none of those use standard size glass. $40 a piece did not break the bank. You need to specify "no bugs" so they won't etch the tempered label on them.

#7259 7 years ago

We've got some good ole boys down at our local glass shop. Next day service. And the guy even waited a few minutes after closing so I could pick them up.

#7277 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I call it, the "o-din".

Around here, this is what we call an "o-din". Would you like me to mix you one?

o-din (resized).jpgo-din (resized).jpg

#7279 7 years ago

I forgot, you aren't much older than my own daughter. Heaven forbid she would ever be exposed to such an offer.

As you were, carry on.....

#7306 7 years ago

This is the one I usually play first. And can put a whole lot of games on it before I step away. Winning credits is what it's all about. Not easy to do but not impossible . I just had it lit for 5 specials but missed the putt. Did it before though and picked up two scoring replays at the same time. It's a fast paced machine.

DSCN5025 (resized).JPGDSCN5025 (resized).JPG

#7307 7 years ago

Once warmed up I'll play this one. A little less speed, a little more strategy. Similar geometry. Many replays to be had.

DSCN5026 (resized).JPGDSCN5026 (resized).JPG

#7308 7 years ago

It feels real good when you make the putt. I just sunk it with all the yellows lined up for extra special, pop pop pop pop. Four replays and I lit an arrow. Each time you line up the color inserts it moves the arrow. When the four is lit and you make it to five, five more replays.

Maybe time to call it a night? Ah, I still have to finish this game.

DSCN5027 (resized).JPGDSCN5027 (resized).JPG

DSCN5028 (resized).JPGDSCN5028 (resized).JPG

#7311 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

how do you even fit your hand in to use the right flipper? Tight squeeze. Maybe it's the photo angle.

I'll take a look next time I'm out there.

#7322 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

No kidding O-din, how can you make a decent slap shot with them that tight?

Didn't take no slap shot to win all those credits.

#7327 7 years ago

Never saw this happen before. At least not on this machine or any of the others around it. Late last night, I almost forgot I took these. It was a mad smack off the glass that sent it there.

DSCN5029 (resized).JPGDSCN5029 (resized).JPG

#7328 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

why Wedgeheads were invented.

I was thinking the same thing while moving these around today.

DSCN5042 (resized).JPGDSCN5042 (resized).JPG

DSCN5040 (resized).JPGDSCN5040 (resized).JPG

#7329 7 years ago

I'd like to thank

Harry Mabs
Wayne Neyens
Harry Williams
Ed Krynski
Steve Kirk
Norm Clark
Roy Parker
George Molentin
Art Stenholm
Christian Marche and
Alvin Gottlieb

For that row.

#7335 7 years ago

That was one of the earliest machines to use a ramp that wasn't a marble game.

#7350 7 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Brought these home last weekend. Surf Champ is almost fully functional, with a couple of switch adjustments needed. Grand Prix needs a little work.

I really enjoyed my Grand Prix when I had it. So much so I bought it back twice. Everybody loved ripping those spinners. Congrats!

2 weeks later
#7422 7 years ago

I picked up two more woodrails yesterday, or should I say they were delivered.

Unfortunately one of the backglasses got broke during transit and it was near mint but wasn't my doing. No use crying over spilled milk. All I can do is hope for a repro in the not too distant future. I'm going to set them up as soon as I get around to it.

DSCN5130 (resized).JPGDSCN5130 (resized).JPG

#7426 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

His "Sea Wolf" and "Rocket" are pretty good too

I'd probably use this taped up shattered 21 glass before chancing another one of those. The plexi Rocket I ended up with was terrible.

At least this Sunshine has a nice glass and playfield. I don't know about those legs though. lol.

DSCN5131 (resized).JPGDSCN5131 (resized).JPG

#7427 7 years ago

Looks like they both have really nice playfields. I guess that eases the pain a bit.

DSCN5134 (resized).JPGDSCN5134 (resized).JPG

DSCN5133 (resized).JPGDSCN5133 (resized).JPG

#7436 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Gottlieb "Sunshine" is the most commonly found woodrail pin lately; at least around here.
Williams "21" is one of the hardest games ever, to beat for a special. Too bad about the backglass.

Yeah, this Sunshine won't be staying here very long, so if anybody is looking for a fairly nice example, let me know.

And fortunately I got on the pre-order list for a 21 backglass before it's too late.

#7452 7 years ago

It's over 50 years old. They can't all be creampuffs.

#7464 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

colorful drop targets that seemed to disappear after being knocked down into the play field.

I guess prior to that you could only get that from Williams and Keeney.

#7467 7 years ago

I would be proud and happy to have a Spaceship in decent playable condition like that.

#7469 7 years ago

Many years ago? You look like you a little kid in that picture. lol

What I have learned when you're dealing with these rare, desirable Williams games, or any scarce machine of this vintage for that matter, you get it while getting's good, because another may not come your way any time soon. And if one does, then you decide if it's an upgrade or not. Or be happy with the one you have. And as long as it works and is all there, there is nothing wrong with that.

#7471 7 years ago

It says zero credits. Have you tried dropping in a coin?

Edit- turn on the switch underneath first.

#7476 7 years ago

DSCN5150 (resized).JPGDSCN5150 (resized).JPG

King.

#7494 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Did you give your wrists a rest after that score? Did the old Carpel tunnel start acting up?

Wrists are fine, but I didn't win every game after that.

Funny, when I broke 5000, my buddy Bob got enthused and started cheering me on. Average score for this Pit Stop is usually around 2000 with maybe 10 laps on a good game. I had broken 5000 only once before with 20 laps, but this is the highest score to date since I've owned it. I did it without winning an extra ball. It is one of the most beloved games in my collection

#7500 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

1000 points is great!

Usually. And I'm back to human on Pit Stop. Where 2000 pts and 8 laps isn't that bad.

1 week later
#7540 7 years ago

The latest addition to my collection is this 1962 two player Coquette. Not a very common machine and is unique as it is the last of the 50 volt Williams EMs and came in a cabinet style with that tall backbox that was only used for a short time. A variety of features like a swinging target, standup targets, kickout holes, rollover buttons and lanes, make it an interesting and fun game to play.

The backglass has some paint loss but is in mostly solid color areas so it should be easy to touch up. The original Plasti-Koted playfield is still in excellent shape. That extra touch of quality Williams used at the time to ensure long playboard life. And it does!

There is also what resembles a local landmark around here as part of the playfield art. Can anybody see what it is?

DSCN5166 (resized).JPGDSCN5166 (resized).JPG
DSCN5167 (resized).JPGDSCN5167 (resized).JPG
DSCN5168 (resized).JPGDSCN5168 (resized).JPG

#7544 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Is it the "Big A"- Anaheim Stadium?

Yessir! However Anaheim Stadium opened in 1966, 4 years later. One of my first memories was driving by it as it was being built.

Light up the halo! Is what is said each time the Angels win a game. And they do.

As far as the tall backbox, it makes room for that tall lovely lady. And in the twilite of the evening, she really glows.

#7546 7 years ago

If you want to get down, down on the ground, Coquette....

#7548 7 years ago

Mopar's got a Star Jet! That's cool. Neat Gun Game too.

#7550 7 years ago

Woodrail Flipper to boot! Look at that thing.

#7556 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Kind of WMS's answer to GTB's Fashion Show
or actually the other way around
since Coquette came out the month before.

Now I've got em both.

#7562 7 years ago

Why would Star Jet be on a website called wedghead.net. Just curious...

#7564 7 years ago

Gotcha!

#7582 7 years ago

I'm glad all my machines came with ample flipper power from the factory.

#7587 7 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Love it!! Thanks o-din!!

You were my Sunshine, my only Sunshine.....

#7598 7 years ago

I've always found ways to maximize flipper efficiency with stock coils on all makes and models. It may be harder, but if the shot can be made with what's there, there's no reason in my mind to change it. And most have the longer levelers in the back. If a game gets too easy, it has to go.

#7602 7 years ago

I can also tell right away if a prior owner put the game on high tap. That's one of the first things I undo.

2 weeks later
#7690 7 years ago

My 1960 Gottlieb Flipper and friends.

Happy New Year EM Hangout and all of Pinside.

DSCN5204 (resized).JPGDSCN5204 (resized).JPG

#7703 7 years ago

I've got you beat. I tilted a game before I scored a single point once. Game over.

#7705 7 years ago

21 is truly one of the hardest games to win a special. But a match and a dealer bust means I can play on.

DSCN5205 (resized).JPGDSCN5205 (resized).JPG

#7707 7 years ago

It would be cool if you could find the same one. The game is pure genius.

#7709 7 years ago

I'm sure that didn't discourage players from trying. I bet 21 was a big earner back in the day.

#7713 7 years ago

For those interested in why it is so hard to get a special on 21, first you have to get 21 card points on the score reels, which is an effort in itself. Then hit the gobble hole before you gain any more card points and bust.

I had it at 21 on one game sizing up my shot, but drained down the middle and busted before I could attempt the special again on the next ball. So I'll try again, and again, and again....

#7717 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Here's a video of my bro's "21" at the York Show several years ago. The "Jig-Saw" to it's left is mine.
» YouTube video

Nice! Mine's working perfect so I decided to work on something else instead.

I love the way these old plasti-koted playfields clean up. I even give them a little wet sand with alcohol on 1500 grit between the magic eraser and novus 2 and I still never get to the paint. Shiny and smooth as glass. There were those crinkly protectors around the pop bumpers but underneath was pure gold.

The only thing left to do is wax it, put it back together and play it.

DSCN5215 (resized).JPGDSCN5215 (resized).JPG

DSCN5223 (resized).JPGDSCN5223 (resized).JPG

#7721 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Can anyone tell me if there is much difference in the rules between WMS 21
and WMS BlackJack which came out a few months later with same basic PF layout.
or for that matter WMS ClubHouse.

I can tell you it's similar to Lady Luck. Haven't played Black Jack yet. Hell Toro's up and running againg.

DSCN5224 (resized).JPGDSCN5224 (resized).JPG

#7731 7 years ago

I'm pleased to say I got the special on 21 for the first time yeterday. A slow roller into the gobble hole from above. Best part is it was during a money game.

#7746 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

This will accept quarters as originally designed.

And if history repeats itself, it will probably accept a lot of them.

3 weeks later
#7876 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

the SS version offers more thrills despite the clack-clack of the score reels. Not that that's any consolation if you've just gotta have the EM.

One followed the other one right out my door. The novelty of owning this machine because I used to play it as a kid wore off fast. EM is solid and a fun game to shoot, but really lacks in long term appeal due to drop targets that only reset after each ball. That really limits the appeal in a home environment IMO.

Solid State has better rules but was even easier to win free games on. One after another after another.

My takeaway from owning both versions of Joker Poker is that I was glad I got to play them again, but even more glad somebody else was willing to take them off my hands as soon as I was done. I didn't really want to sell the EM at the time, but the guy wanted it more than me. And glad he did. Won't ever be looking to buy another, and don't really care if I ever play another again.

#7879 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

SS version is probably much better.

SS version resets the drop target banks after completed and has a pretty cool bonus rule so that is definitely an improvement. Mine seemed to have a different sound to the chimes than the EM but not sure if it was a different unit.

If I had to do it over again, removing the outlane posts might have made the game a little more challenging. But that's what I loved about both versions on route in the 70s is I could play all afternoon on one quarter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
£ 38.00
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Swansea, IL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

947 posts in this topic match your search for posts by o-din. You are on page 3 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/3?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.