Topic Stats

• 12,115 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg
bar (resized).jpg
31762911-E7F3-4632-99E5-9968D7473A96 (resized).jpeg

There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 243.
#1801 5 years ago

My newest addition

image.jpg image-876.jpg image-871.jpg image-628.jpg image-925.jpg image-219.jpg image-50.jpg
#1802 5 years ago

Great looking game.

#1803 5 years ago

Wow, fantastic looking example of a Pin Up. I don't see any wear in the usual spots. Very, very nice.

#1804 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Wow, fantastic looking example of a Pin Up. I don't see any wear in the usual spots. Very, very nice.

Now if I could only find a Gottlieb King Pin in that condition, local and cheap.

Ken

#1805 5 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Now if I could only find a Gottlieb King Pin in that condition, local and cheap.
Ken

I've yet to see a King Pin come anywhere near that condition. I've seen at least one other, and maybe two other Pin Ups in that shape though, which seems odd.

#1806 5 years ago

Very sharp machine! My friend picked up a very sharp King Pin tonight. I can't wait to play it!

#1807 5 years ago

I figured I would show a few more pictures of this King of Diamonds I got today. The earlier pictures did not do it any justice. I am too lazy to pull the glass off or pull the machine out and re-level it. I will leave you with some pics that O-din took before he shipped it too me. Is this better O-din? The first pic (backglass) I took.

IMG_0332.JPG DSCN2043.JPG DSCN2044.JPG DSCN2050.JPG DSCN2049.JPG DSCN2058.JPG DSCN2054.JPG DSCN2069.JPG DSCN2074.JPG DSCN2066.JPG
#1808 5 years ago

How much for the Pole Position?

#1809 5 years ago

All I can see is the fireball hiding in the garage! I guess the KOD is nice too.

#1810 5 years ago

Oh you mean the Fireball that will end up next to King of Diamonds next?

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

in the garage!

And a fine garage it is! I love my garage! These pics made my just go out there. It's springtime in paradise!

#1812 5 years ago

What's this guy up to anyway?
DSCN2041.JPG

#1813 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What's this guy up to anyway?

That's Johnny Smoke.

Ken

#1814 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

My newest addition

Holy crappola! What a nice "Pin Up"! Another mint one pictured right here on Pinside!

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

My newest addition:

Very very nice Pin Up. I miss my King Pin. I'll just have to get another.........

#1816 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Joe, how "peachy" was the KOD you sold to? I can't remember his name.Here are some pictures of your KOD you sold. You seem to have a little buyers remorse look on your face in the last pic.
Wayne has a "peachy" playfield in his game too.

I got good coin for that "KOD". Rich H bought it. That game was a disaster when I got it. In fact, it started as a
body only. The cabinet literally fell apart when I got it home and cut the stretch wrap off of it. The playfield was
covered with dirt; yeah DIRT! I borrowed a head from another "KOD" I had stashed. It did come out nice and played
awesome. I haven't spoken to Rich in years, but he says it's the only game he has left and it's a keeper.
Yeah, waybro's "KOD" is quite peachy too. Don't remember how this one was, but probably average.
BTW: you suck for posting that picture!

may 26th 033.jpg 238 KB

may 26th 034.jpg 205 KB

may 26th 039.jpg 202 KB

may 26th 040.jpg 192 KB

may 26th 041.jpg 142 KB

#1817 5 years ago

Great looking game Rat. Enjoy it!

I

#1818 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

My newest addition

image.jpg 195 KB

image-871.jpg 200 KB

image-628.jpg 184 KB

image-876.jpg 193 KB

image-219.jpg 119 KB

image-925.jpg 165 KB

image-50.jpg 185 KB

Nice!

Is this the stashyboy one?

#1819 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice!
Is this the stashyboy one?

Wow shapeshifter nice guess. Yes it is. I have two of his Sweet Hearts and Pin-Up.

#1820 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Wow shapeshifter nice guess. Yes it is. I have two of his Sweet Hearts and Pin-Up.

Oh, ok that explains it. The two are one and the same. I thought maybe someone uncovered a hidden stash of mint
"Pin-Up" machines.

#1821 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Vic, mine is the "peachiest" I've ever seen. DMs is also quite "peachy" but most "KODs" have faded PFs.Look underneath the slingshot jewel posts to see what the original "coral" (I call it "peach") color should look like.Herb made his overlay from a faded original and then used it on his "retro" disaster! One of the reasons I wouldn't wantto buy one!

The original Overlays that Herb made for his restorations were a very bad color match. We used these on the first few prototypes that were made. However, when it came to Retro Pinball re-doing them for the production run, I corrected all of the colors to the best of my ability comparing it to multiple playfields underneath posts, rails etc. I changed the Yellow, which was too "milky". I change the Baby Blue, which was too faded. And I Definitely change the Flesh Tone (as you say "Peachy" color) since it was too faded. And corrected the Off White which was way to dark or dirty looking. Everyone was very happy with the new run of overlay and how the colors now "popped". Albeit the fact that they still remained overlays. Herb could not believe how "Wrong" his originals were until he saw the new version.

I'll try to get you some comparison photos when I get the chance.

To MTPPC, as has been mentioned numerous times here, the games remaining in the wild are usually pretty worn now. Most of the better ones have long since made it into collections. Most original Backglasses have peeling to some extent - sometimes to a great extent (but its been reproduced a number of times). A good clean original game will typically sell/trade for between $600 and $1200. Excellent examples, if you can persuade them away from the current owners, usually go for much more. When the Retro Pinball project was anounced, even beat up games were going for the $800-$1000 range. But now, a project can occasionally be found for $500.

#1822 5 years ago

Hi All,

I've been following and enjoying this thread for quite some time and I posted a few weeks ago about my first EM purchase, a 1973 Williams "Jubilee." ( http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/29#1284469 ) I'm starting some cosmetic restorations and I'm curious if anyone has an apron in better shape than mine.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I also posted this question in it's own topic ( http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jubilee-williams-72-apron ), but after posting I thought this thread might be a helpful place. ...so pardon the dual post.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if they made the same apron design and colors for other machines as well. I'm not opposed to a reproduction apron (if such things have been produced). Would be interested to hear from anyone with info about other similar aprons or if they might have a nice Jubilee apron they are willing to part with.

Here are some pics of my apron just for reference:

DSC08324.jpg

A close-up of some of the wear:

DSC08325.jpg

Again on the right side:

DSC08326.jpg

Thanks for your time, guys, and KEEP POSTING YOUR EM's! Love seeing the diversity.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#1823 5 years ago

I came across a jubilee in the wild a couple weeks back. It was out of order and I didn't get to play it. It looked good except for the BG. Thought about you and your project.

#1824 5 years ago

image-959.jpg
Working on a Capt Card. This machine is sold already. The Playfields on theae are usually rough. This one is in amazing condition.

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

Working on a Capt Card. This machine is sold already. The Playfields on theae are usually rough. This one is in amazing condition.

Definitely a low play example there! Probably doesn't have a play meter in it, does it?

#1826 5 years ago

Here's mine.
1117132307d.jpg

#1827 5 years ago

Here are a few of my EM's. My Evel Knievel EM will go next to the Mata Hari EM when the playfield swap is done. Mata Hari just had a CPR playfield installed in it.photo-7.JPG

#1828 5 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

image-959.jpg 193 KB

Nice Adam, a really good example, is the cab just as nice? Head looks good.

#1829 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here are a few of my EM's. My Evel Knievel EM will go next to the Mata Hari EM when the playfield swap is done. Mata Hari just had a CPR playfield installed in it.

photo-7.JPG 144 KB

Awesome collection of rare games! How is the game play of TKO?

#1830 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here are a few of my EM's. My Evel Knievel EM will go next to the Mata Hari EM when the playfield swap is done. Mata Hari just had a CPR playfield installed in it.

Very cool collection indeed! I would live to play all of your EM's as I have not played those titles since the 70's.

Ken

#1831 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here are a few of my EM's.

Nice collection Tyamry. I would be proud to own any of those gems.

#1832 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

photo-7.JPG 144 KB

Superb set of rare games

#1833 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

photo-7.JPG 144 KB

Wow! Where are you? Can I come play?? Please?

Looks like all you collect is Unobtanium Machines. Do you have an EM Sinbad too?

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Awesome collection of rare EM pinballs, Larry !

Where is your Close Encounters EM ????

#1835 5 years ago

Thanks for all of the kind words. Although I do have some of the rarer pins, I have a very nice collection of DMD's, SS's and few Gottlieb Wedgeheads. I am in the Seattle, WA., area and If anyone is ever up this way and has time to stop by and play a few games, you are more than welcome.

Yes, I have a Sinbad that I will be putting up for sale in the next week or so. I found a nicer Eye of the Tiger, so Sinbad is going to go. My Close Encounters EM is in storage right now while I round up a few parts for it.

#1836 5 years ago

This game is just amazing. I had an epic game this morning at 1839 points. I hope to flip it soon!

IMG_0346.JPG
#1837 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Thanks for all of the kind words. Although I do have some of the rarer pins, I have a very nice collection of DMD's, SS's and few Gottlieb Wedgeheads. I am in the Seattle, WA., area and If anyone is ever up this way and has time to stop by and play a few games, you are more than welcome.
Yes, I have a Sinbad that I will be putting up for sale in the next week or so. I found a nicer Eye of the Tiger, so Sinbad is going to go. My Close Encounters EM is in storage right now while I round up a few parts for it.

now you need the em charlie's angles
from what i am told that is the hardest to find

#1838 5 years ago

I have been looking for a Charlie's Angels EM and a Space Walk for quite some time now, with no luck. Any leads on either, I would pay a nice finders fee!

#1839 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This game is just amazing. I had an epic game this morning at 1839 points. I hope to flip it soon!

That sounds just like what I did, but I believe you have a different meaning of the word "flip".

#1840 5 years ago

Tyamry, I think a Mermaid would look nice in between that TKO and Joker Poker.

#1841 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I have been looking for a Charlie's Angels EM and a Space Walk for quite some time now, with no luck. Any leads on either, I would pay a nice finders fee!

i know two rare gottlieb collectors and they both have space walk and charlie's angles on there want list they have almost every other.

#1842 5 years ago

I know of a few Charlie's Angels EM's out there, but even "crazy" money would not buy them. Boilerman, do your rare Gottlieb collectors have any that they want to sell?

#1843 5 years ago

not that i know of, you have a want list?
pm it to me and i will ask them

#1844 5 years ago

Just bought my first EM this past weekend. 1977 Sonic Mars Trek -- will get some pics up when I'm done going through it. It's in really nice shape though.

#1845 5 years ago

sonic made some nice machines, the only thing i hated about them is they were made out of particle board.
boy that made the heavy

#1846 5 years ago

I never see Sonic machines come up around me. Mars Trek looks pretty fun.

#1847 5 years ago

The guy I got the Fireball from has a Mars Trek that I played while I was there. It is challenging and a lot of fun.

#1848 5 years ago

sonic and zac's playfields had a thick clear coat they never had wear. backglasses are always nice too

#1849 5 years ago

Boilerman, the location of the Gigi for sale is in San Francisco. He is asking 995. And I left a link for it on the most current page of the Look what came on CL forum. The play field and back glass look gorgeous on it.

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

IMG_0346.JPG 146 KB

Think you mean 'roll' it Unless you are selling it of course!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside