20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 275.
#1751 10 years ago

Mike, yes indeed

mine has a good story

the guy i bought my sw from locally is well in his 90s

he was one of the first video game distributors here back in the day

he told me he fell into some financial trouble in the late 70s so asked his accountant to help bail him out

the accountant did and as he was leaving the gents office commented on how it sure would be nice to have a pinball machine like the ones he saw being prepped for delivery

next day he received the in box strange world at his house ... it went in the basement and stayed there until very recently when he called up the distributor and asked him to come collect it as he wanted it out of the basement!!

i don't think it was ever cleaned till i got it (but it cleaned up really nice ... zero wear except for a tiny wear mark at kick out... but having learned my lesson on my c37 where i got too aggressive with alcohol and magic eraser here i decided to leave the center inserts area well enough alone .. for now !!

amazing how white the cabinet is compared to my other wedgeheads, which had been out on routes .. they looked white to me but now they look really yellow beside it

but back to your point .. yes alot of pinball plays .. on approx 40 years x 356 days = 14240 days ... call it 66,000 / 14240 = approx 4.6 plays per day average .. or something like that .. did i get that right?

no matter, just another great pin story, like Darcy's - and really all that matters is it survived and i was fortunate enough to have a chance to pick it up so i and others will be able to enjoy this less common game too

now if i could just find a replacement plastic for one of mine that has a chip in it ... i wouldn't have to remake that one !

cheers, Ron

#1752 10 years ago
Quoted from Grauwulf:

I have a '64 Bally Grand Tour. It was a bit of a basket case when I got it and I currently have it torn down for a resto, but here are some pics from before I tore it down. I've never seen another one except in a short video a friend filmed at Allentown.

GT Leftside.jpg 64 KB

There's a guy up here who has one. I need to go check it out tomorrow as the score motor just turns endlessly. I'm familiar with 70's Gottliebs, but not so much with Ballys. I'm guessing the first thing to check are the switches on the score reel?

Thanks
Phil

#1753 10 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I need to go check it out tomorrow as the score motor just turns endlessly. I'm familiar with 70's Gottliebs, but not so much with Ballys. I'm guessing the first thing to check are the switches on the score reel?

I have a '64 "Mad World" that I'm working on. It had the same problem you describe; the motor kept turning after
starting the game. It was one of the switches on one of the score reels. I think it was the top switch in the stack.
Still have other issues on the game which I'm slowly ironing out.

#1755 10 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

There's a guy up here who has one. I need to go check it out tomorrow as the score motor just turns endlessly. I'm familiar with 70's Gottliebs, but not so much with Ballys. I'm guessing the first thing to check are the switches on the score reel?
Thanks
Phil

That's where I would start. I don't have a lot of EM experience, this is the only one I've owned and I didn't really have to do much to get it running.

#1756 10 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

now if i could just find a replacement plastic for one of mine that has a chip in it ... i wouldn't have to remake that one !
cheers, Ron

Ron,

Which plastic do you need? I have the leftovers from when I put an NOS set on my SW from several years ago. But looking at IPDB I see I am missing the two slingshot(?) plastics.

I have the following:
B-17954 big one on left with five eyes on it. - split near bottom hole but all there.
B-17592 top left. split near hole on blue green end but all there.
A-17591 right side near outlane with one single eye - 100% complete.
A-17593 upper right side - bottom left corner chipped off.

If you need one of these you can have it. Just let me know.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#1757 10 years ago

Mike O. that is AWESOME!!!!

I need the large one with the 5 eyes !
B-17954 big one on left with five eyes on it. - split near bottom hole but all there.

i didn't think i would find one, and darcy had scanned his to help me try to redo a repro, but yes please if you are williing i will gladly take yours - send me a private message and we can work out details - if you have a c37 that needs a pretty new ribbon let me know ... i had my mom make some up that are near identical to the originals and i think i have one extra left too

man the guys here are awesome !!

very exciting

cheers, Ron

#1758 10 years ago

Finally getting around to posting my Analog kids pics. Enjoy!

#1759 10 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Finally getting around to posting my Analog kids pics. Enjoy!

Try manually select file(s) to unload and then after they're all uploaded send your post.........

#1760 10 years ago

Annnnd... Activate!

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-310.jpgimage-310.jpg
image-254.jpgimage-254.jpg
image-570.jpgimage-570.jpg
image-447.jpgimage-447.jpg
image-795.jpgimage-795.jpg
image-779.jpgimage-779.jpg
image-417.jpgimage-417.jpg
image-530.jpgimage-530.jpg
image-506.jpgimage-506.jpg
image-218.jpgimage-218.jpg
image-461.jpgimage-461.jpg
image-140.jpgimage-140.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1761 10 years ago

Nice collection 2step! I will take the Cross Town, Fireball and the El Dorado.

#1762 10 years ago

Great collection! Great variety!

#1763 10 years ago

Super collection 2step - several great games there.

#1764 10 years ago

Thanks guys. If you are in the neighborhood, hit me up and we'll play a game or 42.

Games highest in rotation on the EM side are currently:

Bronze: Abra-Ca-Dabra
Silver: Beat the Clock
And the most heavily played game at Casa del 2 Step is:
Drum roll please...
Flip Flop!

#1765 10 years ago

Very nice collection indeed!

Most of what you have is what I want.

Ken

#1766 10 years ago

That Klondike looks so inviting.....What a great player too!
Nice collection.

#1767 10 years ago

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I have Family in Denver. Can I come play your Klondike next time I'm in the area?

#1768 10 years ago

I'd love a Beat The Clock….

#1769 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'd love a Beat The Clock….

I know where one is. Not too far from you either.

#1770 10 years ago

I got the latest list about a week or two back and that one wasn't on there. Heat Wave is gone also.
Some other stuff worth considering though.

#1771 10 years ago

It's there (two of them, IIRC). Just ask about it. Heat Wave sold.

#1772 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Very nice collection indeed!
Most of what you have is what I want.
Ken

If you are in the neighborhood, hit me up. I'm happy to share!

#1773 10 years ago

If you are traveling to CO, consider the last weekend in April for the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. It's a solid show and always a great time.

For the more adventurous, The Dory Hill capground is the most unique and entertaining weekend you will have at altitude while competing at pin-golf. Check out my pics at the start of the Twilight Zone Owners Club thread to see what I did there last year.

If you aren't around then, let me know and I'm happy to open my collection to fellow pinsiders and give them the tour around our square state of pin-righteousness!

#1774 10 years ago

If you are in the neighborhood, hit me up. I'm happy to share!

Very Cool and Thanks for the invite!

Ken

#1775 10 years ago

If you are traveling to CO, consider the last weekend in April for the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. It's a solid show and always a great time.
For the more adventurous, The Dory Hill capground is the most unique and entertaining weekend you will have at altitude while competing at pin-golf. Check out my pics at the start of the Twilight Zone Owners Club thread to see what I did there last year.
If you aren't around then, let me know and I'm happy to open my collection to fellow pinsiders and give them the tour around our square state of pin-righteousness!

Do you have any details about the Rocky Mountain show? I'm hoping it is at the Sheraton DTC again, it is very close to where I live.

#1776 10 years ago

Hmmm, I will be in the Denver area in the first weekend of April. Gotta make my annual trip to Lyons Pinball. Awesome place.

#1777 10 years ago

Hey Guys, here is a shameless plug for a new thread I have started. I hope it will become a useful picture guide for rating pinball condition. Take a look and tell me what you think!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picture-guide-to-condition-ratings-your-input-please#post-1362578

#1778 10 years ago

It finally arrived! Thanks O-din for selling me your King of Diamonds! This thing is oh so sweet! And nope not an overlay. I am posting the good and the bad. I would give the backglass a solid 9. Cab with original paint an 8.5 to 9. I would give the playfield a solid 8.5. Very, very nice example of this game. I am very happy!

IMG_0317.JPGIMG_0317.JPG IMG_0319.JPGIMG_0319.JPG IMG_0320.JPGIMG_0320.JPG IMG_0321.JPGIMG_0321.JPG IMG_0322.JPGIMG_0322.JPG IMG_0327.JPGIMG_0327.JPG IMG_0325.JPGIMG_0325.JPG IMG_0326.JPGIMG_0326.JPG IMG_0323.JPGIMG_0323.JPG
#1779 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am very happy!

I'm glad! Your pictures show things that I didn't even notice. You got your microscope out! But anybody that walks up to this game would have to admit that it is in excellent shape and a fine original survivor. It all works doesn't it?

#1780 10 years ago

Yes it works 100% This machine is 100% of what I expected from the pictures that you took. The pictures don't do it justice. This thing looks stunning in my collection. I wanted to show the good and the bad. This is one nice survivor man! I am very happy! I just left you a voice mail about my excitement. This machine is kicking my ass! LOL. I am lucky if I break 1100 points and always left with a few targets short of a special.

#1781 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

It finally arrived! Thanks O-din for selling me your King of Diamonds! This thing is oh so sweet! And nope not an overlay. I am posting the good and the bad. I would give the backglass a solid 9. Cab with original paint an 8.5 to 9. I would give the playfield a solid 8.5. Very, very nice example of this game. I am very happy!

In regards to rating only (as part of the condition rating discussion going on in the other thread), personally, I would not rate that playfield as an 8.5. There appears to have been some water damage that has been covered up with a lot of repainting. I am not judging the quality of the re-paint, just pointing out what I see. I would rate an 8.5 playfield as being one that was in a lot nicer original shape with only minor touch ups, not complete areas of paint being re-coated like in this one.

You should post those same close up pictures over under the other thread to see what others might say about the rating. They are very nice photos and show excellent detail.

#1782 10 years ago

We all agree to disagree. I took these pictures extremely close up. The yellows pop and the greens pop. The pictures I took make it look worse than what it is. This machine is never leaving my collection. This is the same machine that someone thought it had an overlay. Every last King of Diamonds I have come across in 15 years never looked as good as this one. Most were very faded playfields where the yellows had turned into a beige color. There was tons more planking and wear around inserts etc. Warped plastics, craptastic backglass repainted cabs with too much webbing. This is not perfect nor is it a collector quality. This is a player plus machine. The areas without touchups which is 90-95% of the machine is a solid 9. The small areas with problems that I took detailed photos of bring the playfield down to an 8 or an 8.5 IMHO.

Backglass-9 (no fade all original)
playfield- 8 to 8.5
cab 8.5
plastics 9 (original with nice patina. no fade, no warping)
Metal 10 (all brand new door, coin chute,legs,arch stick...all metal posts are shined to a high gloss, lock down bar is shinier than a brand new quarter)
insides are a 9 to 9.5. Every contact, gear middle hub thingy is perfect and gleams like they are new. Score motor is f#$%%$#ing amazing looking. It looks brand new. Original coin mecs look brand new.

#1783 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

Do you have any details about the Rocky Mountain show? I'm hoping it is at the Sheraton DTC again, it is very close to where I live.

http://www.pinballshowdown.com/

4/11 - 4/13... hm, that's earlier in the year than previous shows.

Hope to see you there!

#1784 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I took these pictures extremely close up.

I believe you magnified the couple of minor spots that pretty much can go unnoticed if you are looking at this machine as a whole. For getting close to fifty years old and with never having been totally restored, it was in as nice of condition as any. As long as you like it Dan, that is all that matters.

#1785 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

We all agree to disagree. I took these pictures extremely close up. The yellows pop and the greens pop. The pictures I took make it look worse than what it is. This machine is never leaving my collection. This is the same machine that someone thought it had an overlay. Every last King of Diamonds I have come across in 15 years never looked as good as this one. Most were very faded playfields where the yellows had turned into a beige color. There was tons more planking and wear around inserts etc. Warped plastics, craptastic backglass repainted cabs with too much webbing. This is not perfect nor is it a collector quality. This is a player plus machine. The areas without touchups which is 90-95% of the machine is a solid 9. The small areas with problems that I took detailed photos of bring the machine down to an 8 or an 8.5 IMHO.

Agreed. The most important part, is that you are happy with your game and that's really all that matters. And I'll leave it at that.

Again, as it relates only to the discussion of rating its condition. Like I said, the photos you took do an excellent job of showing the condition and/or flaws of the playfield. They could be very valuable for the thread discussing how different people rate games.

#1786 10 years ago

yeah but that shooter lane man ..... just kidding

It looks great. Ill come over and play it soon

--Jeff

#1787 10 years ago

I always figure it must be a good game if most examples you find have beat playfields. I progressed through four different KoD games before finally getting a nice playfield. [Of course, this theory doesn't quite explain High Hand... ]

#1788 10 years ago

The King of all wedgeheads....Looks so nice!
Great find.

#1789 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

yeah but that shooter lane man .....
--Jeff

Yup, would make the overall game rating rate a 5 as a DMD title

#1790 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Yup, would make the overall game rating rate a 5 as a DMD title

That's what new Sterns look like after about 500 plays. Seriously.

#1791 10 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Great find.

I tip my crown from one King to another!

Odin is now a...

#1792 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

. For getting close to fifty years old and with never having been totally restored, it was in as nice of condition as any.

Hell, thats in better shape than most people getting close to fifty.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Very, very nice example of this game. I am very happy!

Thats all that matters^^ Great player that KOD,one of my favorites.

#1793 10 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Great find.

Vic, mine is the "peachiest" I've ever seen. DMs is also quite "peachy" but most "KODs" have faded PFs.
Look underneath the slingshot jewel posts to see what the original "coral" (I call it "peach") color should look like.
Herb made his overlay from a faded original and then used it on his "retro" disaster! One of the reasons I wouldn't want
to buy one!

#1794 10 years ago

Dan, see if you can beat the high score I scratched in on the side of the backbox.

#1795 10 years ago

Joe, how "peachy" was the KOD you sold to? I can't remember his name.Here are some pictures of your KOD you sold. You seem to have a little buyers remorse look on your face in the last pic.

Wayne has a "peachy" playfield in his game too.

may 26th 033.jpgmay 26th 033.jpgmay 26th 034.jpgmay 26th 034.jpgmay 26th 039.jpgmay 26th 039.jpgmay 26th 040.jpgmay 26th 040.jpgmay 26th 041.jpgmay 26th 041.jpg

#1796 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I scratched in on the side of the backbox.

Did you initial it too?

#1797 10 years ago

Shush it you two! LOL!

#1798 10 years ago

Made you look! Ha Ha!

#1799 10 years ago

What he said^^ times 2

#1800 10 years ago

I had a guy call me with a KOD today. He says it shows a lot of wear. It's about 240 miles away so I might let it pass. I think I can get it for a bill or two. What's a player's game worth?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.98
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Holton, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.