20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 275.
#1451 10 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Have a seat and get a drink...this photostream is a bit long.

Impressive!

Quoted from Darcy:

I watched the flicker, now I need a smoke, then a short nap.

Seconded.

#1452 10 years ago

Quick question: Does anyone have advice on the best way to go about clearing a backglass? I started a topic over here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-clear-a-backglass#post-1288530

...but thought I might find some knowledgeable folks in this thread. I recently purchased my first EM, and the BG is pretty immaculate.

jubileeAnimated-425.gifjubileeAnimated-425.gif

I'd like to preserve it, but I'd also like to do it right the first time.

Thanks, guys!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#1453 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Quick question: Does anyone have advice on the best way to go about clearing a backglass? I started a topic over here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-clear-a-backglass#post-1288530
...but thought I might find some knowledgeable folks in this thread. I recently purchased my first EM, and the BG is pretty immaculate.

I'd like to preserve it, but I'd also like to do it right the first time.
Thanks, guys!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

Sealing with Kylon Triple Thick is only necessary if you have any lifting of the paint due to moisture, bulb heat, etc.. If you have scratches or other defects where the paint is not lifting or if your backglass just doesn't have any problems, don't seal it. You may cause more harm than good.

If you do seal it, Wal Mart and other stores carry Triple Thick. Since Krylon makes so many different products you have to make sure you get the right one. Ask for Triple-Thick 0500.

Do not clean your backglass. Lay your glass on the floor. Cut up card stock, playing cards etc., to the shape of the score reel windows and credit window. I cut mine slightly smaller than the painted area. Place weights such as quarters, etc., to hold the cut-outs in place. Apply a uniformally heavy 1st coat of triple-thick starting at the top with your can about 6 inches away from the glass. Use left to right sweeping motions and work towards the bottom. This 1st heavy coat "sets" the paint chips that have lifted and bonds them to the product which stops the flaking process. Apply 2 more lighter coats reversing direction each time you spray your glass. Let dry at least 24 hours before you touch-up with paint. Seal your touch-ups with triple-thick when you're done. I spray some in the cap and use a q-tip for small touch-ups.

This is just how I do it. Everyone has their own way.........

#1454 10 years ago

What Hoov said.
A couple things I do differently. If the backglass is not the best i just TT the whole thing score windows and all.
If you do it correctly you will never be able to tell.

If there is a large chunk bubbling or coming off after you first light sealant coat I will spray a thick second coat and put some saran wrap over the offending spit and some books on top to lock it down. Let dry for 24 hrs and then spray the remaining final coat(s)

--Jeff

#1455 10 years ago

Wow. So if my BG is darn near perfect (no bubbling or flaking, just the most minor of scrtaches in a spot or two) you're saying just leave it alone? Since it is in a temp controlled environment and not on 8 hrs a day it should be good?

#1456 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wow. So if my BG is darn near perfect (no bubbling or flaking, just the most minor of scrtaches in a spot or two) you're saying just leave it alone? Since it is in a temp controlled environment and not on 8 hrs a day it should be good?

Thats my opinion yes

--Jeff

#1457 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Thats my opinion yes
--Jeff

Concur!

#1458 10 years ago

You are now in a controlled environment of your house where you may turn the machine on for 30 min at a time a few times a week. At the most you leave it on for 3-4 hours during a party once or twice a year. Maybe you bring it to a pinball show once or twice in your lifetime of owning it. It simply should be left alone unless it was flaking to begin with. With pinball the general rule if it works then leave it alone. I have learned this the hard way. We all learn. I know I learned from Hoov's post on how TT a back glass if I absolutely have to.

#1459 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Like McCartney sang... "Let It Be."

#1460 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Leave it alone. If it survived almost 40 years without anything but proper care then it will survive another 40 as long as you take care of it and keep the machine indoors in a climate controlled room.

Ken

#1461 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That feels better. Thanks for reading this.

I didn't read it.

#1462 10 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for all the quick and consistent feedback. That makes for an easy decision.

Much appreciated, guys!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#1463 10 years ago

Still working on my Capt Card - coming along nice.

As for backglasses - I now do as little as possible - too scared of messing them up!

top of ball arch.JPGtop of ball arch.JPG
#1464 10 years ago

Lookin' good. You need to add it into your Pinside collection.

#1465 10 years ago

I always love taking off the top apron and getting 35-50 years worth of dirt out of that area. It's the little details that make a pin pop. You should show off Captain Card when it is finished. Like Alex said make sure you add it to your Pinside collection.

#1466 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I always love taking off the top apron and getting 35-50 years worth of dirt out of that area. It's the little details that make a pin pop. You should show off Captain Card when it is finished. Like Alex said make sure you add it to your Pinside collection.

I also like doing this. I also like taking all the metal bits under the apron and the metal piece that holds the glass, and having them re-chromed. Just like the way the light hits and reflects. Not really bling just makes them pop. Only worth doing if keeping for a while, as most people wouldn't notice really.

This is the CC metal piece at the back - re- chromed.

IMG_7251.JPGIMG_7251.JPG
#1467 10 years ago

I thought that one was looking extra shiny. I like it!

#1468 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I also like doing this. I also like taking all the metal bits under the apron and the metal piece that holds the glass, and having them re-chromed. Just like the way the light hits and reflects. Not really bling just makes them pop. Only worth doing if keeping for a while, as most people wouldn't notice really.

IMG_7251.JPG 166 KB

Very nice........

#1469 10 years ago

IMG_7251.JPG 166 KB

What do you usually spend on re-chroming?

#1470 10 years ago

Good question. I'm curious as well. It certainly is a nice mod to a game one would consider a long term keeper. Most of us Em guys are pretty frugal though and I always assumed sending stuff out to chrome was pretty expensive.

#1471 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Good question. I'm curious as well. It certainly is a nice mod to a game one would consider a long term keeper. Most of us Em guys are pretty frugal though and I always assumed sending stuff out to chrome was pretty expensive.

Every place is different from what I hear and chrome prices seem all over the place. That bit was around $40 from memory. Can just do small things like the runaway shields etc or go all in and do a 31 inch set of legs which is expensive!

#1472 10 years ago

Not so bad really. Do you have a preferred chromer you use?

#1473 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Not so bad really. Do you have a preferred chromer you use?

I think for most people you find the nearest you can and then go and talk to them in person and expect a few delays etc but worth it in the end.

#1474 10 years ago

IMG_7251.JPG 166 KB

I want to send some parts out to chrome, who does yours and how $$?

#1475 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

As I said, personally think best to go local, in person and try and negotiate - my prices change depending on who I see!

#1476 10 years ago

IMG_7251.JPG 166 KB

Yea, SS, what do you pay to have that part rechromed? I have looked into it locally, and it seems really expensive around here.......

#1477 10 years ago

Here's a few pics of my latest-Pin-Up. Really, really nice game, perhaps the best original condition I have restored!PB190768.JPGPB190768.JPGPC040807.JPGPC040807.JPGPC020792.JPGPC020792.JPGPC020788.JPGPC020788.JPG

#1478 10 years ago

A Pin-Up (or King-Pin, for that matter) with no wear below the kickout hole? Outstanding (and rare).

#1479 10 years ago

That's so niceeeee!
I'd bet HUO for sure.
Please if you can post some more pic's of that gem Pin Up.
Too bad the wedgehead Add a Balls don't have a total game meter like the replay games do so you could document & view the actual total plays.

#1480 10 years ago

Yea, I don't really want to part with it, but have other projects that are waiting and need the room. (game is already spoken for ) Considering *all* the original paperwork was with the game in pristine condition as well....
Here's a few more to enjoy!

PC020776.JPGPC020776.JPG
PC020783.JPGPC020783.JPG
PC040798.JPGPC040798.JPG
PC040802.JPGPC040802.JPG
PC040804.JPGPC040804.JPG

#1481 10 years ago

I do not say this very often but the pin up is HUO... the coin mech area is like new and I have NEVER seen a king pin or pin up with out a little wear at the kick out hole area. this one shows no sign of even a dimple in the paint.

great game thanks for sharing

#1482 10 years ago

That Pin UP looks like factory new.
Is a schematic taped to the backdoor?

Thanks for letting us see a true mint condition Gottlieb EM.

#1483 10 years ago

Holey moley, that is a sweet looking, clean machine.

#1484 10 years ago

Beautiful, and kind of amazing. That Pin Up, has been hiding somewhere.

#1485 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Yea, I don't really want to part with it, but have other projects that are waiting and need the room. (game is already spoken for ) Considering *all* the original paperwork was with the game in pristine condition as well....

That is one sweet PIN-UP!

#1486 10 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

That Pin UP looks like factory new.
Is a schematic taped to the backdoor?
Thanks for letting us see a true mint condition Gottlieb EM.

wasn't taped to the door, but that copy is there if you look closely!
Thanks for the props guys, now I wish I had put it up for auction!? dooh!
(was just looking at what the 'clinic' was selling for $3495-with an extra box of bulbs!)

#1487 10 years ago

I also like taking all the metal bits under the apron and the metal piece that holds the glass, and having them re-chromed.

Hot diggity, that looks nice! Any pics with it installed?

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

#1488 10 years ago

Have one picture - I just like this area of p/f to look good as this is how it would have looked back in the day - so it is an original look so to speak, not a mod.

IMG_7645.JPGIMG_7645.JPG
#1489 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

PC040798.JPG 170 KB

PC020776.JPG 175 KB

PC020783.JPG 137 KB

PC040802.JPG 137 KB

PC040804.JPG 223 KB

That is one super nice Pin Up. Looks HUO for sure or very very low plays. Thought mine was nice as have nearly zero wear on kick out hole, but this one is as good as it gets. Definitely a $2000 plus pin. I mean, how often are these pins found in this condition? Also it just happens to be a great player as well!

#1490 10 years ago

No arch wear on that CC either! (or nice job cleaning up) Paint looks pretty minty as well.

#1491 10 years ago

I think Pin-Up must have been out on the street for a little while. There were a few minor beverage spill stains in the usual places (coin box area/under lock bar). Perhaps it didn't earn well and was pulled soon after. Since this was 1975, solid state games would have been out within a couple years. Either way, the new owner will have a really nice example.

#1492 10 years ago

Sure wish I could find add-a-balls here in Denver. That pin-up looks great and being an add-a-ball must be a lot of fun for the home player.

#1493 10 years ago

Thanks, Shape!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#1494 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I had several of this same receiver channel rechromed a little over a year ago. I sent mine to Mike Chestnut in TN. I don't know if he frequents here but his work is outstanding. He is a pinball guy and his own games are exceptional to match his work. He has been doing WPC game habitrail plating for going on a decade now.

He charged me $35 each which included some repair on most of them where there was rust/pitting. They all came back amazing. I did have to cover the shipping on top of that both ways.

Let me know if you need contact information for Mike.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#1495 10 years ago

Hi Guys,

I miss seeing your sweet EM's and I'm sort of going into withdrawls. Ha-ha! So here's my attempt to bump this thread and also get some answers from any EM vets still poking around this thread.

As you may have seen above, I got my first EM a week ago: a Jubilee. My pop bumper caps are a little faded and worn:

jubiPinkPop.jpgjubiPinkPop.jpg

...and...

jubiGreenPop.jpgjubiGreenPop.jpg

My questions are:

1) Do they make reproduction pop caps for Jubi?
2) If not, does anyone have suggestions for refurbishing that wacky atomic "100" symbol on the top?

Also, I'm thinking about doing a cabinet restore, but I've never removed siderails from a machine before. So...

A) Does anyone have tips for removing the siderails from a '73 Williams machine?
jubiSiderail.jpgjubiSiderail.jpg
B) If I mess up, does anyone sell them?
C) In addition to the little nails/tacks that hold them in place, there is also adhesive. Once I get them off, what is a good way to RE-adhere them to the cabinet (in addition to the nails/tacks)?

Thanks, guys!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

#1496 10 years ago

Steve at Pinball Resource has those caps. Just bought some.
The way you order them is by the center color and the outer color.
So your bottom photo cap would be a Yellow Sun 100 Blue squiggle.

#1497 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Do they make reproduction pop caps for Jubi?

A lot easier to find then Star Pool was. PBresource sells blue sguiggle "100"s, maybe not the exact color, but better than burned up old ones.
http://www.pbresource.com/pfbumper.htm

#1498 10 years ago

Oh, perfect! Thanks a bunch for the tips, Arcade and O-din!

#1499 10 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Here's a few from when I was head-over-heels w/EM's. ; )

Cash, you had some of the best titles! Hope you're doing well. JR

000_0939.JPG 246 KB

000_0941.JPG 287 KB

000_0940.JPG 219 KB

#1500 10 years ago

To remove the rails, use those disposable putty knives WalMart sells in the auto section I think. It's a pack of 3 different sizes in red. Find a spot you can squeeze one in and tap it under, work your way along the rail being careful not to put too much pressure on any one area. I have done a dozen machines like that with little to no damage to the rails.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 38.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

£ 38.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.