IMG_9534.jpg
IMG_9537.jpg
IMG_9536.jpg
20240112_224157 (resized).jpg
20230522_161842 (resized).jpg
20230522_161836 (resized).jpg
20230522_154448 (resized).jpg
20230522_154506 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

495 posts in this topic match your search for posts by hoov. You are on page 2 of 2.
#3604 9 years ago
Quoted from greenechidna:

Is that the one currently on Ebay?...looks clean and a reasonable price....me, I'm all out of $$$ but Pro Football is on the list

I just searched ebay au and didn't see it. All I saw was a couple flyers and a rubber ring kit.
If you have any interest at all just send wayner a pm - hover over his avatar and click on pm. I'm not even sure if he still has it for sale.

#3606 9 years ago

If it was in Fishermans Bay it was probably his........

#3623 9 years ago

If that Wombat we're loose in your gameroom he could chew through some serious cabling!

#3624 9 years ago

Also wanting to know if Kangaroos hop into game rooms with their garage doors open. Any Kangaroo pics appreciated.........

#3631 9 years ago

Looks great. Really like the gameplay of Central Park. It tests your patience when the ball is on either side of the flippers.

#3652 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, these big collectors make me feel sane

At what figure does collecting pins become hoarding?

???

Collecting in my opinion means having games set up and playing. Most everyone then has so many games in que waiting to be restored so lets estimate 25% of collection again in storage. I have been in a large metal building that held a personal collection that had 100 games set up. He wasn't hoarding - he had them all playing. Pretty good for that large of a collection.

Now, let's say someone had 500 pins and 100 we're set up and playing in his collection - do the other 400 qualify as hoarding? Does that mean those 400 pins are not available to others in the hobby because they're being hoarded? Some have dreams of placing their games in a museum so maybe in that case it's hoarding for later. Just curious as to what others think.

#3658 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

When I had 2 machines an American neighbour accused me of hoarding. He has 3 dogs so I suggested he was the one hoarding under his own criteria!!

Geesh wayne,

If you ever get up to 10 what would he think?

#3660 9 years ago

In a previous job I had to go into peoples homes to work.

I went into a home of an elderly couple who had collected so much stuff in boxes that they were stacked almost to the ceiling and there were little paths through the house to go from one room to another. I had to literally step over 2 ft. of boxes just to take my tools through the kitchen doorway. Repairman's nightmare.

That was hoarding!

#3673 9 years ago

Nice Central Park Rat!!!!!

I miss mine.

#3679 9 years ago
Quoted from iron00monkey:

Got another yesterday:
ship ahoy.JPG

Congrats! Looks nice...

#3711 9 years ago
Quoted from greenechidna:

This turned up today...Not too bad, a bit of planking, insert wear, grubby. B/g a little faded around the 10 of diamonds otherwise unmarked
31000 plays

DSC_0258.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Nice Hit the Deck. 31,000 plays is low.

Another title I'm after.

#3717 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I picked up my Gottlieb Atlantis

Congrats Wayne! I wish I had an original playfield like yours.

Your neighbors must think you're in the pinball business as of late bringing home all these crated wonders!

#3719 9 years ago

<blockquote cite="#2299106"
Just finished a major Shopout of my Atlantis adding some new parts here and there

Coming along nicely Ken!

#3733 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Thks Dave. My garage faces the street so when I am working on a machine it is obvious to anyone walking past. There is a lady who cannot comprehend that I have more than one machine. So she invariably calls out "You still working on that machine!"

lol

Tell her you dropped a screw or a tool in the bottom of it somewhere a few months ago and you can't find it! Then find out who else she told when someone different asks you if you found it.

#3769 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well this happened today. I sold my King of Diamonds and bought a Surf Side. I can always replace the KoD. Surf Side is just one of those titles you don't see pop up for sale. I also figured I needed to change it up.

_surfside.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks nice Rat!

I don't see that title come up for sale very often.

#3771 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Out of curiosity Hoov.... How often do you see a Surf Side come up for sale. Then how many times have you seen a Surf Side with a perfect 10 non-faded backglass, 9 playfield and an 8 cab? Plastics are a 9+ as well.

I only remember seeing 2 or 3 in the last 5 years. The problem is I've never really looked hard for one but if one does come up for sale locally I'd grab it.

#3775 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I would like to add an AAB - if you could pick between Flipper Parade and Majorettes, which would you pick and why?

I would say Majorettes from what everyone here has said about the game play being good. You will have a harder time finding it (low production) and pay more money for it though (you probably know there's a Majorettes on ebay). It's an easy title to re-sell because of the demand. You may want to start your own thread.

#3821 9 years ago

That Nags is sweet!

#3863 9 years ago

Way to go Ken! I put a lot of games on Sky Jump back in my youth.

#3890 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Also for bonus points: Can you spot at least 12 differences between the two back glass?

1. Lucky Hand/Jacks Open
2. Balls to Play/Ball in Play
3. Tilt Light in different location
4. Previous Score to Beat/ Replay Window
5. 100,000 light in different spots
6. Girl on right has white pants in Lucky Hand - red in Jacks Open
7. Queen not holding cards in right hand
8. Spades have holes
9. Looks to be rolls of poker chips or cylinders/barrels
10. Coat pointed on JO
11. Coat has different pattern
12. Lucky Hand has wider neck - wider pattern on band at top of her shirt
13. Lucky Hand letters come all the way down to guy holding card below A
14. Score is different
15. Her head is straighter on Lucky Hand
16. Has a vertical band w/playing cards coming down below her neck band
17. No Game Over light on Lucky Hand
18. Guy in back left has yellow pants/guy in Jacks Open has blue pants

1 week later
#3932 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

just need a new bg glass if I could ever bgrestro to respond to my emails.

20150331_152631.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Dave, I'm working with Steve Azzam now on some pitch and bat glasses. You are using his address with his name and not the one on the website right?

#3933 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

just need a new bg glass if I could ever bgrestro to respond to my emails.

20150331_152631.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

How come a few years ago I had never heard of a Bally Skill Roll and now I've seen six or seven of these in the last year? Talk about the flavor of the month......

#3940 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

was told the web address was the best bet....

Pm'd you with the e-mail address I've been using

#3941 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

If he does, a pair of them with shipping is a pretty good deal (at least it was when I bought a pair of those glasses from Steve).

You're right. Buying 2 restored backglasses from Steve is cheaper because he can ship 2 in a box as opposed to one. Plus, the artwork is already done

#3949 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

All three great games. I just secured a Target Alpha today (been looking for a while!) in good condition and will be picking it up April 19. Can't wait!

TA is a good game - you'll like it - congrats

#3950 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I won 1st place for best 60's game at the Texas Pinball Festival. I also won two red "runner up" ribbons for my Surf Side I will post that picture tomorrow when I have the game back together.

11050822_10200506436099905_178867140235499728_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Even the ribbons are big down there in Texas - nice job

#3965 8 years ago
Quoted from lmcdonald111:

That's very kind.
High Speed polishing.
This picture you should see my reflection

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That door is so nice it would make me upgrade the rest of my game just so it would fit in with the door!

#3971 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

2015Apr02 013.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
2015Apr02 011.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
2015Mar31 031.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Nice Cowpoke. When did you get that?

#3972 8 years ago
Quoted from Raff:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Two good two-players........

#3974 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Thanks, Hoov. Tuesday.

I think I told you I got one myself about a month ago?

2 weeks later
#4053 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Been changing things up a bit in the garage lately too. Some are gone... and some have returned. Gotta keep those patrons happy.
DSCN0012.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Hey,

I patronized your place a few months back. And, you even offered an avacodo for the plane ride home. What a host!

If you didn't have that Magic Clock with the famous shelf, where would you put that bottle?

#4055 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

My third Dimension, plus a CPR backglass. 20150409_132721.jpg (Click image to enlarge)20150409_132633.jpg (Click image to enlarge)20150409_132651.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice Dimension. I got my Dimension glass from Ron Webb. Did CPR do one?

Wow, you have a big collection and you like old and new - dangerous for me because of the cost.

1 week later
#4088 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

hoov
are you speechless?

Totally

1 week later
#4174 8 years ago

Congrats on all 3 games Dave. That Blue Note is outstanding!

The only one of the three I own is Bank a Ball.

#4189 8 years ago

That is one nice CC Shapeshifter!

#4190 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave sold my BaB a while ago and have been looking for a nice replacement since. this one is nice but not as nice as the one I sold.. but glad to have it.
it truly is one of the best games of the 60's hands down imo

I'm on on Bank a Ball no. 2 myself.

I was lucky enough to stumble on a super nice one. Here's the base cabinet during clean-up showing the original paint:

bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 005.jpgbab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 005.jpg bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 001.jpgbab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 001.jpg bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 015.jpgbab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 015.jpg
#4200 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Looks a really nice one Dave

Thanks

Thanks

Quoted from boilerman:dave that is super NICE! see how the inside edge of yours is green mine is white? vic camp has a pic on ipdb with the white too so I think at one point it had white early on

Thanks
Yes I do - interesting.......

1 week later
#4265 8 years ago

I like the quote by "patrick"

Oh my! My parents would take us to the “Slick Chick in the early 1950’s. They would serve grilled hot dogs with the ends “butterflied”. To this day, my brothers and I call grilled hot dogs “slick chicks”.

#4294 8 years ago

Re-jigged my wedge line up to go AAB, replay, AAB, replay. These 4 are all great players. Ice Revue is the hardest!

IMG_8571.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Looking good!

1 week later
#4368 8 years ago

Nice looking River Boat Captain odin.......

#4388 8 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Just finished my Quick Draw! Just waiting for my new bgresto backglass.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-536.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-337.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-343.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-112.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Great job! Looks very nice!

#4407 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Don't want to ask a "noob" question but did you restore that playfield or use a better one? If you restored it then maybe there's hope yet for my Paul Bunyan playfield. It's a lot of fun, I play it every day and it has a great backglass plus it plays like new because it was shopped.
DSC_0775.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

There's several playfield restorations documented out there including some on pinside and several on pinrepair.com. Here's just one of them: http://www.pinrepair.com/restore/2001pf.htm

#4421 8 years ago

Vic,

Would you mind sharing how you touch-up your cabinet paint?

3 weeks later
#4676 8 years ago

Coming soon
Sluggin Champ. 1955.
Superb ruleset on this game with collecting teams on both sides of the backglass.
And it has has an 'extra special hole'! ( 6 replays awarded ).

pf 1.JPG

Looks great - I bet you're excited to get that. Looks like it will be a good player.

Video!

1 week later
#4731 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

This just arrived today via STI. The Gottlieb Flying Carpet has landed!
Could use a new paint job (or not) as it has the usually hard fade that turns into something other than the original color, but it's not in bad condition. Cabinet is in great shape with the right side of the Head having some minor laminate damage. Original Backglass is a solid 9 with some pinholes, the usual wear from the pads disintegrating and the glass rubbing. Playfield is a 9.5 with no paint touch ups. Original Coin Door is in great shape, best I have had to date for this style. Even has the Lockdown Bar with the end caps in super shape. Simply beautiful all the way around.
Now I just have to repair the usual mechanics as it currently does not work and see if I like how it plays. Most likely it will get it in the Shopout Que this August as I am currently shopping out my Gottlieb Sky Jump, so this will be next.
Ken

Flying_Carper_Arrived_001.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_003.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_005.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_013.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_015.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_004.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_010.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_009.jpg

Very nice Ken.

Hard to find that title with a good backglass (and cabinet). Playfields seemed to hold up pretty well in that era. You did good!

#4737 8 years ago

I can vouch for his doors also. I bought two of them and was very happy with the quality and communication. The more doors you buy the cheaper each one is too.

1 week later
#4808 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

got the strange world back together, and loving it.
it was well worth the wait

20150711_212303.jpg 20150711_212253.jpg 20150711_212231.jpg

Looking good!

I just played several games on my friend's Strange World the other night - fun game.

#4814 8 years ago

A Bally? And I supposed someone dropped it off at your doorstep right?

#4822 8 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Just bought this yesterday, pretty pumped... Playfield in solid shape, backglass is perfect, just needs some cleaning and will be good to go... Anyone know if they do stencils for this title would be nice to restore the cabinet to collectors shape...
IMG_0127.jpg

That cabinet paint on the face of the head looks nice. I just do touch-ups to the cabinet paint so you maintain in the patina. Sometimes new cabinet paint and a 40 year old playfield and backglass look out of place. JMHO - your game - it looks really nice!

2 weeks later
#4880 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing that game.

That looks like the aab to Outer Space even though it's a 2P - same playfield

#4893 8 years ago

I am so excited about this game. Winning 26 replays in one go is an amazing buzz - hope I do it! Will be a while before I play it as so much to do and other games to work on. This could well be a true keeper. It wasn't cheap but compared to modern SS games it was way better value - for me anyway.
Sweet Add A Line - 1955.
P/f was better in real life than the photos - not often that happens Cabinet 100% original, no touch up's. Repro backglass. Looking for an original if anyone has - highly unlikely!
Will do a video to show the 26 replay feature and put on youtube in next 6 - 12 months.
IMG_8671.jpg
IMG_8672.jpg
IMG_8673.jpg

Awesome looking game - congrats! I don't see that title too often.

#4937 8 years ago

Wow! nice looking game znet

1 week later
#5005 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Thanks Dave. It's going to need some cabinet love from you at some point and some minor work, but plays pretty good as-is. Maybe another winter project for you? You did such a fantastic job on my ACD!!
Believe it or not, next isn't even a pin (gasp!) I'm supposed to be picking up a Crusin' World driving arcade from a friend of mine. Drew really wants one.
Really loving the C37, ACD & Atlantis in the lineup. It's tough to pick which one to play! Maybe I can sneak a Volley in at some point.

Those are 3 really good Gottlieb wedgehead titles you have......

1 month later
#5105 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

brave new World Fair. Need to find an original set of score/instruction cards still.

2015Sep25_023.jpg 2015Sep25_022.jpg 2015Sep25_021.jpg 2015Sep25_024.jpg

Nice pick-up - looks great!

#5135 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

finished another repaint...

20151001_005343.jpg

Nice

#5136 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Picked up a GTB 1966 Crosstown today & fired it up when I got home. Needs a thorough resto/service but almost perfect bg and pf with clean/minor touchup & wax/ along with correct bumper caps will be fine. Cab needs quite a bit of work to correct some plywood splits & maluse. But overall very happy with purchase.
PballCT1.jpg
PballCT2.jpg

Nice looking Cross Town wayner! Looks very promising with that nice pf and bg. You're an expert on carpentry to repair/replace the face of the head and paint to match so no worries there........

#5151 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Not quite done yet. Getting down to the wire for the York show. Almost there. 20151004_201943.jpg 20151004_201932.jpg 20151004_201847.jpg 20151004_201913.jpg

Great job jr. Cabinet colors are unique.

1 week later
#5189 8 years ago

I've never been there but.........I remember someone here saying they put 30 games on the Captain Card every time they go there because they like it so much.

2 weeks later
#5231 8 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Just receive this!My first pinball ever,love it!

2015-10-30_20.29.45.jpg

Great player........

#5232 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

20151008_173430a.JPG Finally getting around to posting a photo or two of my 1957 Gottlieb "Royal Flush" as it appeared at the recent York, PA show.
20151008_173845.jpg
20151008_173856a.JPG

Awesome looking Royal Flush jr!

1 week later
#5263 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I started putting my North Star back together tonight into the cabinet that Ken Head repainted for me earlier this summer.
image.jpg

Nice to get North Star back into the line-up. Highly regarded at my house.........

1 week later
#5272 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

My 1957 Williams Jig Saw finally arrived today. I paid for it back in August but had to wait until now to get it.
Jig Saw 1957 Wms.jpg
It has the wrong lockdown bar, by the way. I wonder if anyone has a spare of the right one.

Congrats on the Jig Saw!

Besides nice looking it looks like it would be a good player too.

2 weeks later
#5285 8 years ago

300, Aquarius, Bally Freedom, and the 4th one is a tough one to guess - maybe Bank Shot?

#5288 8 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Hoov, did you cheat?

Nope

Just been on IPDB too many times.....

#5345 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

or an extension wing into the back yard.

As long as the Avacado's don't get disturbed!!!!!

#5350 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Along with Steeple-Chase I got me a Dodge City last night.
DSCN4088.JPG
festus.jpg

I'm outa control...

Dodge City is a fun game and you don't see it that often. You have to live west of the Mississippi to own one (not).

Quoted from n1teowl:

Picked this up a few weeks ago. Just got finished cleaning it up, putting on new rubbers, repro plastics, and fixing some minor issues. Plays great!

Jacks Open is a great game- never leaving my collection.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Cowabunga Dude! Surfs Up!
My 1976 Gottlieb Surfer:
Thanks to Pinhead52 for the New Cabinet Paint Job and some New Parts.
Super Shopped by yours truly.
Ken

Nice job on the Surfer Ken (and Ken for the paint job) - looks great!

#5365 8 years ago

"sigh......" jealous again

#5369 8 years ago

My Sweet Add A Line 1955 is finally ready to play
Well, not sure if flippers need double rubber or not?
Anyway huge thanks to DF for advice re troubleshooting
This game is a keeper simply for this one feature.
As you unlight the last rollover ( there are 16 ) the game goes crazy and fires an amazing 26 knocks ( replays ) ! Jackpot heaven.
I will post back the day I accomplish this feat but it might take a very long time.....

IMG_9234.jpg

Cool game!

#5388 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

yes, that's what they're for. The 1" will work, will just be a bit tighter.
And ever wonder why the area in front of the flippers on 50's games are sometimes blown out with wear? And the wear doesn't really line up with flipper "drag"? What do you suppose happens when the flipper rubber hits above the center line of the ball?

Good point.

#5403 8 years ago

It's been a little quiet down there Wayne - no wonder - big surprise with acquiring the Race Way! Nice fit with your Spin Out. Any other racing themed pins on your radar?

2 months later
#5701 8 years ago

Is that from the 40's?

2 weeks later
#5781 8 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

I've been a lurker on this thread for a while. Finally got inspired to post after EMsInKC pulled out his Ding Dong. I've got one too, it was my first pin. A family hand me down.
I've also got a Smarty the add a ball version. That's getting its cabinet restored at the moment. We'll see how that goes, and then I'll tackle Ding Dong. I like how hard it can be to hit the center horseshoe. I swear I can hit it no problem, right up until it lights up.
And if your immature like me, the Ding Dong jokes never get old. I know all my friends love playing with my Ding Dong!

IMG_20160307_230445_(resized).jpg

Love to have that Target pool sitting over there in the corner.........it looks to be repainted?

#5785 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

you can always have mine

You're too far and I'll probably end up getting a project some day but thanks for the offer. I've had one but miss it.

#5795 8 years ago

I bet it plays fast (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Playfield looks nice except for a little right flipper drag. Are you going to re-paint the cab or sell it to a Nascar fan after you've played it awhile?

#5797 8 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I think I'll try my first cabinet resto.

The game will look nice with a fresh re-paint.

#5813 8 years ago

Wow, good call pinwiztom! - not familiar with that game.

1 week later
#5844 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

On a side note.
Am I the only one to notice that Dirtflipper hasn't been on Pinside for more than 2 weeks.

He's fine - been talking to him off of Pinside.

#5859 7 years ago

I started a new thread on this game, but had to post here as well. Lucky Hand has joined the lineup of my small collection via trade (swapped my 2001 for it). Very excited to have one AAB in my collection!
I also recently added that Coke marquee sign -- using the right side for high scores and the left as a nostalgic menu of foods I love from my home state of Texas but can't get up here in the Pacific NW, haha!

Nice Lucky hand- great pf!

Quoted from boilerman:

just a few

20160321_152300_(resized).jpg

They all look nice Dave. Does the Astro have staying power in your collection? Never played one.

#5861 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I like 4 square MUCH MUCH more, but astro is good just not great. I am kind of on the fence right know about keeping it. have a few people interested in it.
it does fit in a larger collection but if I only had a few it would have to go
I will move it out to the garage and put Neptune or HtD in it's spot

Thanks!

#5898 7 years ago

I like the comical artwork on the Skill Pool - kind of like the Dodge City you have. Do you own any other games with comical artwork?

#5915 7 years ago

Half my woodrail room finished.
Remote control turns these 5 games on.
Original 1950's nickels and dimes on the games.
Kind of like how it must have been like ( minus the remote control! )

IMG_9521.JPGIMG_9522.JPG

Awesome line-up!!!!!

#5924 7 years ago

Thanks everyone.
Biggest thanks goes to DF

DF is a "pinabler" - in a good way

#5945 7 years ago

Big Daddy ain't never leaving your house......

#6022 7 years ago

Niiiiice!

#6048 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

A big Thanks to hoov and Alex for passing these up and o-din for selling them to me.
Finally got a Williams King Pin back in my lineup for good.
Ken

Enjoy Ken!

I'll continue my quest for a King Pin (o-din's Skill Pool would be nice too) - minus shipping of course.

#6078 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

"I want to reach out and grab you"

Abra_4-17-16_040_(resized).JPGAbra_4-17-16_044_(resized).JPGAbra_4-17-16_049_(resized).JPG

Good game to grab!

Abra_Ca_Dabra_001_(resized).JPGAbra_Ca_Dabra_001_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#6105 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Out of three Skill Pools came one, and now to my standards it is done. It plays like greased lightning and it is fun! What an amazing pinball game it is.

DSCN4433_(resized).JPG

Looks nice and it sounds like a great player. If I ever make it back to Orange County I'll make an appointment......

#6125 7 years ago

Great artwork on all three games - NICE

#6134 7 years ago

Yesterday's find.....

Name all of them - should be easy except for the P & B. The Sing along cab has been re-painted.

IMG_0698_(resized).JPGIMG_0698_(resized).JPG

IMG_0700_(resized).JPGIMG_0700_(resized).JPG

IMG_0702_(resized).JPGIMG_0702_(resized).JPG

IMG_0699_(resized).JPGIMG_0699_(resized).JPG

#6136 7 years ago

I know you know Alex!

#6140 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Pins are too easy! Yes

P&B is Williams "World Series"? No

#6142 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Fireball
4 MBC
Nip it
and that's all I got.

You got 3 of them correct (and Alex (cheater) and JR (knows most pins!) know the rest - ha)

#6144 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

That's bucket list material for a lot of collectors. Nice find.

Thanks

#6145 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

P&B is Bally Ball Park, I used to have one.
Nice find, I found a 4MBC and F at the same time once too. Great games.

Correct, the Bally Ball Park is circa 1960.

Only one left not named behind Nip It. Clue - it's a GTB 2P

I missed MikeO's post - I bet he knows (and JR and Alex)

#6151 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Torchy, Major League '63, Aloha.

Yes, Aloha was the last. You get bonus points for the Torchy and the '63 ML!

#6152 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Is that a sample North Star I see?

Not a sample but nice enough for me. That's in my collection along with that '63 ML you noticed. Actually got that not too far from you down in Belleville - yes, it came from Randy. He has another listed on ebay right now for $950.

#6155 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I see a smidgeon of a "Kings & Queens" as well, correct?

You're correct JR.

It's '63 Major League, North Star, Buckaroo, Kings and Queens, King of Diamonds, and then my 70's games the rest of the wall and around the corner.

#6156 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Not sure about the wedgehead with it's back to us, but I'll take a stab at it. "Sure Shot"?

That's an El Dorado that will end up in Florida when I'm done with it.

#6162 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My next machine will be a 4 Million BC to go along with my Fireball and Nip It. Nice Score David!

Thanks!

I agree - get a cosmetically nice 4MBC when one comes available and you have the money. I have a feeling you're saving up for the 4MBC or another Bally title like Capersville - or else you would have sent me a pm wanting pics

Dave

2 weeks later
#6283 7 years ago

Good choices - looks nice!

1 week later
#6306 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i did score one today also very low play 22k el do. cab is a little yellow but is pretty nice almost no wear. looks like has no pf wear, pf a little dirty to be sure. back glass has some speckling but shay owes me a glass so this might be it.
a shout out to pinbee who place it in my lap.

Nice score on the ED Dave. I'm sure it will turn out nice when you're done. I'm in the middle of one right now.

#6315 7 years ago

Cleaned up nice!

#6324 7 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Dropping a new pf in Mata this week. EM version

Looks nice! Only 170 made - haven't seen one in awhile.

#6326 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's a few of my Jacks Open that I got last weekend. I've chased this game for several years, finally got this really nice example. Little to no wear on the playfield, just needs a cleanup and shop job. Needs new plastics which I've already made arrangements for. The backglass is one of the nicest original ones I've ever gotten, no flaking and little to no fading. Cab just has a few nicks, other than that it's in excellent condition. The drop targets have the usual lines from the ball hitting them but again, an easy fix. Just needs the steppers cleaned up and a few things fixed up and it will be ready for the lineup.

Congrats on the nice example - these are tough to find in the condition you have because they got played a lot on location.

#6335 7 years ago

Hitting those spinners on Snow Derby and advancing your snowmobile around the track is so satisfying - pure pinball nirvana

Great looking collection!

1 week later
#6422 7 years ago

Nice Wayne!

I see you room is filling up fast with games. Lots of blue tarps!

#6471 7 years ago

Great find.

That title is on my "nearly impossible to find list" to own.

#6478 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

when you have big $$$$ nothing is impossible to find.

That rules me out then..........

#6494 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

No new EM to show, but my wife just finished a painting of part of my Sing Along play field. I think it turned out pretty nice

Deciding whether to hang it in my game room or in my home office (where unfortunately I spend much more time!).

I like it!

#6538 7 years ago

Nice job mate!

1 week later
#6632 7 years ago

At o-dins place, you may find him playing a game under an avaocado tree drinking a glass of lemonade.

#6638 7 years ago

Here's the one at the corvette museum that happened a couple years ago:

3 weeks later
#6766 7 years ago

Very nice looking original Wayne! And it's a racing theme to boot.

#6772 7 years ago

Is this a game you broke down and stored Dave because you were out of room and this was one you didn't want to sell?

#6774 7 years ago

I'm in the same boat. I have a pristine Bank a Ball and Pop a Card I'm thinking about selling but will probably regret it. I won't find another as nice as either of these.

#6792 7 years ago

Wow, what a difference after the re-paint. Great job Wayne.

#6816 7 years ago

I like the "Warning This Machine Is Protected By Burglar Alarm" sticker on the apron.

1 week later
#6907 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

My GTB Astro is punishing me, for not having played it for nearly two months.
Seems that sitting idle since Memorial Day, it now has scoring issues,
or should I say non-scoring issues (not scoring 100 pts).
Hopefully it is just a dirty switch stack and will self clean and fix itself
to get back to playing as it should.

I've always wanted to pick up an Astro. How do you like game play?

#6912 7 years ago

Good to know - thanks. This title seems to be well liked.

#6926 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I went to the Pacific Pinball Museum warehouse today. Pinball Heaven.. Here are a few pictures I thought you all would like

Thanks for sharing. Awesome

1 week later
#7021 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

shopped out that fast draw from the earlier post. now the pf matches the cabinet and bg. i got it work 95% just need to clean the bonus stepper.
anyone interested in it let me know

That will make someone a nice game. One of my favorite multi players.

#7025 7 years ago

I think you're price is right on out there in the land of plentiful games.

#7038 7 years ago

Great pics! That playfield looks nice. Unique flipper arrangement to Jungle Princess/Jungle Queen. Fun game. I have a Jungle Princess in que to do this winter.

#7061 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

I know there is a lot of back-and-forth on this topic, but I used the 'Magic Eraser + Alcohol / Novus 2 / Wax' method. I have used this for all my EM games and I like it. I do agree that you have to be careful as one time I was too aggressive and went through the clear and the paint.

+1

3 weeks later
#7183 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

99% finished with the rebuild on my King of Diamonds. As I had hoped, the playfield turned out very nice. Still a few minor playing glitches and I need to polish the legs, but happy with the overall results. Always felt that this is one of the most beautiful wedgeheads.
I'll be listing my other (sample) KOD soon.
BEFORE.....

AFTER......

That playfield looks awesome!

#7198 7 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

The shippers, got a claim started. But it all seems to work. It's had a well loved life. Here's a pic of one of the wedge sides and the whole cab on that side looks like that.

That's character! Great evidence of when it was on location.

2 weeks later
#7260 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

At my local glass shop, I'd be lucky to get a sheet of plate glass for $40, not tempered!

I got 3 or 4 quotes from glass shops by me and found out some specialize in commercial/auto widshields - they bid my job high because they didn't really want the work ($40 - $70). One shop made a safety glass for $30 for me - they did lots of residential jobs.

#7288 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Nice! Love my Majorettes, and now you can join the center pop club with Fantastic.

Next

#7290 7 years ago

What you got a center pop game on the way Hoov?

Just like Facebook groups classified ads, I'm next on your Majorettes if you ever decide to sell. You never know, that one 60's Williams title you've been wanting might pop up some day and you just "have to have it"

#7305 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

While I do love my Sky Jump, the AAB version is even better for home play. Love the layout and shots.

Replays are fun in a "home play" environment too! Especially games like North Star, Kings and Queens, Atlantis, etc., where they're was no aab made.

They're good on location and in a "home play" environment. I have 12 GTB em replay's set up currently on free play. And, it's neat if people set their games to take coins too.

#7319 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Sure, sure. With Sky Jump you work the whole game to get the roll overs lit to activate special mode which really gets the scoring going and another ball at the end would be HUGE. Last night my son finally got to that stage and the ball drained. He had enough for a replay but an extra ball there would have allowed him to keep his best game going a little longer.

Sky Jump is a good replay game. It wasn't designed to get the highest scores and extended game play from extra balls like Free Fall. You have 5 balls to get as many replays through specials and high scores that you can. Game time is quick and that's what I like. But, it's what you grew up with that determines what you like (for most).

#7338 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

You have to add Sweet Hearts to your list. It's a sensational Replay game!

Lot's of good replay games out there. Sweet Hearts has been on my radar for a few years now.

#7343 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

That is a nice Sweethearts Vic!

He said in the GRM article that Sweet Hearts is the most nostalgic game he owns - his Dad gave it to him in 1969

#7352 7 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

Picked up my first pinball Saturday from Dave

Welcome to the El Dorado club!

#7357 7 years ago

Another one that turned out great! You make it look so easy after doing so many..........

1 week later
#7371 7 years ago

Looks nice!

#7394 7 years ago

Nice original.......what Vic collects

#7412 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I have Jacks Open and Atlantis extra backglasses still to hang up. Still need ACD & C37 backglasses. Anyone have one or both to sell??

I have this C37 but would have to ship - not sure it would interest you - and you're probably looking for someone local.

Used backglasses for sale 013 (resized).JPGUsed backglasses for sale 013 (resized).JPG

Used backglasses for sale 016 (resized).JPGUsed backglasses for sale 016 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#7443 7 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

I've been a dedicated follower of this topic since I joined Pinside and finally worked up the courage to contribute
This Friday a very nice unrestored Pop-A-Card made it into the basement. Beings that I'm from Wisconsin I feel the need to have at least one Add a Ball in the basement!
Regards,
Brad

Great looking Pop a Card! Good player. It looks like you have Ron's repro bg in it or else that's one heck of an original. I have one in similar condition (Ron Webb's repro BG in it) next to my Dimension.

2 weeks later
#7521 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Completed a full resto on a GTB World Fair. On this occasion even touchup of bg went pretty well. Overall machine came up quite nice & plays beautifully. My thks to Dirt Flipper for assistance in resolving an issue with score motor not completing revolution to enable operation of replay button-turned out to be a mal adjusted 1C score motor run out switch.

Great looking World Fair Wayne. Haven't owned one but have always been on the lookout for it.

#7571 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

That would look nice hung next to my Sing Along!

My same thoughts!

#7575 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Just completed a resto on my GTB 2001 which I acquired about 12 mths ago. Machine although working was in quite poor cosmetic condition & operation was at best sluggish.
Resto included cab repaint; strip, clean & overhaul pf, head & motor board-drive shafts of all steppers in particular were particularly gunked with hesitant movement. As is now customary dismantled score motor & service included lubrication of that hard to get to upper lubrication point. Anyone spot the cab repaint problem in pic 3?
Machine now plays great & a pleasure to dedicate it to ' the Factory'-the name of my gameroom.

..and finally got round to making up a t-bar tool (the T from a disused kitchen drainer & socket from our local recycling centre) for getting to those pesty pop ring & shaft nuts-works a treat!

Nice work Wayne! You'll enjoy 2001

#7586 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Orange Dot Flipper Coils 5% more power, Yellow Dot 10% more, and the all new Red Dot with 50% more power for that extra zing that shoots the ball up the playfield, through the back of the cabinet, through the Gameroom wall, and outside into the yard for the dog to chase.

lol ^^^^

It's like trying to impress your girl at miniature golf about how good you are and you hit it too hard and it goes off the putting green and ends up one or two holes away.

#7601 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've always found ways to maximize flipper efficiency with stock coils on all makes and models. It may be harder, but if the shot can be made with what's there, there's no reason in my mind to change it. And most have the longer levelers in the back. If a game gets too easy, it has to go.

+1

#7616 7 years ago

DirtFlipper is alive and well - just taking a break from Pinside.

Send him all your leads for either GTB woodrails or late--era GTB em's!

1 week later
#7634 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Good guys, keep it coming! I spent the last 2 weeks finishing the restoration I started last winter of my game room center piece that inspired the carpet. Same planets, etc. Yes, solid state, but still a single level game from my youth. Also set up my soon to be restored Fire Queen. The blacklight effect is pretty fun, well worth tracking down and installing the carpet myself. I want to add an em gun game and another pin to complete the for now, current line up.

Really like that carpet and lighting! Turned out great.

#7639 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Snapped some pics a few days ago - a bit messy, with the holidays hustle and bustle and all!

You don't see Skipper come up for sale very often. Like the backglass.

2 weeks later
#7750 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I am excited that through a deal with a local business I do arcade machine repair for, that I am beginning my foray into public operation of pinball in the town of Ephrata, PA. (For those who do not know, my collection is in Union at my grandmother's house where I often stay for weeks at a time, but my "actual" home is out in PA. So no, I am not operating 3 hours away all the time!)

I think it's great you're doing this - I've always thought about doing it.

Just be very careful when you have machines available for the public to play. I'm not sure if you split in the profits at this "local business" but if you do here's a few things to consider:

Check with local, state, and federal authorities to see if zoning issues, taxes, fees, permits, certificates apply for coin operated devices available for the public to play.
Check into insurance coverage in case someone get's hurt playing one of your games and sues you.
Be prepared to respond to any service calls needed.

Maybe your local business has this covered - IDK

Here's a thread on this (there's many if you search) https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-started-as-an-operator-questions#post-3528355

Good luck - sounds like fun!

#7756 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

#26 has been picked up! I picked this game up (certainly a collector "favorite") from my friend David who owns the Morristown Game Vault (a spectacular giant retro arcade with 90+ arcade machines and 15~ pinball machines), which is inside of an old bank, hence the curtains! He is a good friend of mine and I spend many long nights there helping out and fixing machines so we worked out a great deal. This was waiting for me upstairs away from the action, planned to go on the floor as EM #2, but a few weeks ago we both agreed it would be better off in my private collection where it can be properly cared for and tuned up amongst its own kind. (But: hopefully one day it will join me in my pipe dream of a pinball museum while still receiving that proper care... just saying: public games are great for sure don't get me wrong and I'm not saying it wouldn't survive as they are built for that, he's just not an EM guy and that mix is not the best for it, so it will be better off with me! He had just got it in from sitting unloved in a basement somewhere and covered in stuff so this is certainly still a spike in this machine's future and its revival! Perhaps even much better... it will sure get the tuning, attention (both play, cosmetically, and mechanically) and love it deserves here!)
Welcome home, Mibs! I need to rearrange before I can bring it in and set it up, so I'll post more pictures later. So happy to add yet another pinball machine to the wedgehead "family" - and another already coming soon!

One of my favorites at the bowling alley when I was 12 yrs. old. That, Rack a Ball, and Kings and Queens I remember the most.

#7757 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just got Paradise cleaned up and running. Sweet playing game!

A buddy of mine decided to restore a Paradice his parents got for him when he was younger and it quit playing and sat for a long time - it's in exceptional shape. He got so excited after restoring it that he bought 25 more pins in 18 months

3 weeks later
#7842 7 years ago

Wow, what a difference Wayne. Another great job. I have 2 Volley projects so this is an inspiration for me.

1 week later
#7929 7 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Here is my gameroom in 360° (2 pics) :
http://www.aci360.com/Gameroom.html

Great photography and awesome collection!

How do you like game play of Charlies Angels and Solar Ride?

#7968 7 years ago
Quoted from Basil:

Here is my latest em added to the collection. Almost have the bugs worked out

Congrats on finding. Colorful artwork and a neat space theme. Looks like it would be fun to play.

How many score reels are in this?

#7983 7 years ago

In AU the pick'ens are slim.

Have fun with the KP restore Wayne. You're the right man for the job.

1 week later
#8066 7 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

Still unpacking and setting up my gameroom.

Coming together nice - my biggest dilemma would be where to put a big ball bowler because I've never owned one. I like the way you put that towards the center of the room because I hear they're popular when you have people over.

#8067 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Found these locally. Just trying to get the owner to part with them now!

That 2001 is a great game and the one you're trying to get is better than most.

I've had three of them and cabinets are usually beat up, the backglasses have some stages of flaking, and the playfields have the wear below the kickouts to some degree.

#8073 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Picked this up today. Seller told me he had a lot of calls today, but I was fortunate to have seen the ad shortly after it was posted yesterday afternoon (CL). He was very honorable letting me have first shot at it since I was the first caller. No brainer!

Nice.

On my want list.

1 week later
#8161 7 years ago

Jr got lucky on finding a Wms King Pin a week ago and I got lucky this past weekend.

1st Williams

14888332389431640294954 (resized).jpg14888332389431640294954 (resized).jpg

#8166 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Sweet, you never forget your first Williams. Seriously though, congratulations. That was actually one on your want list wasn't it?

Yes it was.

I remember playing this one in the bowling alley back in the day.

Quoted from o-din:

Uh oh... let's hope it's not like some kind of illness and starts to spread. Just kidding.
Congrats!

Really like the Norm Clark design and flow of the playfield. I also like your Skill Pool

Quoted from SYS6:

Must be like xmas at your place!

It's always Christmas when you own a Christmas Tree Farm

#8171 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow, twins separated at birth! It looks to be in very similar condition to the one I found. Your backglass looks like it's even better than mine. Are the legs supposed to be grey? Mine are exactly the same.

My backglass isn't very good in the top center/top left center - previous owner touched up. Previous owner painted the legs w/Rustoleum hammertone grey.

Congrats to both of us! Good player - I especially like the way the rollovers are tied in with the advancement/ruleset - and fits the bowling theme well. Norm did a great job on his 1st game.

#8175 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Hey,hoov.seen one king pin on st.Louis Craigslist.went within 24 hours.is that the machine.almost went for it myself. But budget wouldn't allow it.bought gott big shot a couple weeks ago on Craig in Indy.posted before after pics of play field on parts thread.also gather a few spare parts.switches ,score reel drive crank cogs ,pinball resource has them.the cogs.eBay for switches.anyway good luck with it.also I have a skill pool.that is what I'm learning so far about reverse wedgys.

That's the one if you're talking about last weekend.

If you ever sell that Skill Pool let me know. I like to try them all out at least once I'm also looking for a few other reverse wedgeheads and give them a whirl too..................

1 week later
#8203 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I have held flyers for most of my machines for some time but struggled as to how best to display them. Anyhow had a brainwave that display in the form of the backbox livery might be ok. These are the results of the first three:

Ties in nicely Wayne and looks like something you'd find in a museum (Wayne's Museum) - good work.

1 week later
#8270 7 years ago

Guesses for Rat Tomago's pin supplier: #1 odin
#2 Robert at Pinballmania LLC

#8279 7 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

I finished my Gold Strike restoration last weekend. It was a big project. The previous owner stored the machine in a shed on wet ground, so the bottom rotted off, mice moved in, and lots of rusting happened. I had to give it a donor cabinet, a Wade Krause playfield, a Shay backglass, and a lot of love to make it nice again.

Great looking game room and collection Jason

Ok, let's guess on your row of pins we can see plus clues you gave us:

Gold Strike
Lucky Hand
Hit the Deck
Pin-Up
Mini Pool
King Pin
Joker Poker em
Fireball

Now, on the row on the right I can't see much of I'll take a guess:

Dimension is one of them? (I didn't look at the games you list under your avatar)

Can you kindly show us a pic of the other games opposite the ones pictured? Curious minds want to know.......

#8288 7 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Good eye, Hoov. I have Neptune instead of Hit the Deck, but the rest of your guesses are spot on.
I found another pic of Gold Strike that shows the other side of the game room. To the right of Spin-a-Card, which DirtFlipper restored, is Blast Off, which stashyboy restored.

Thanks for sharing.......

I knew they would be good ones

1 week later
#8424 6 years ago

Nothing beats a room full of em's on a rainy day........

Nice collection

#8435 6 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Finally have my Flip-A-Card cleaned, rebuilt and glitch-free (thanks to some great tips from Pinsiders on repairing and adjusting the spin unit and spin relay which were really out-of-whack). Play field cleaned up pretty nice (for some reason I've rarely seen good play fields on FAC even compared to older Gottlieb titles).
Game had a nice back glass and cabinet was nice enough to not have to do much to it beyond a good cleaning. I know the back glass art is polarizing, but I love the colors (particularly the flashing green FAC title against the purple background) and as a former 70's college student, I do relate to the simple theme. Plus it's playing cards, probably my favorite of all the main Gottlieb game themes (cards, cowboys, "futuristic").

This is really a fantastic playing game. Love the asymmetrical playfield and variety of shots you need to do well. One of the best 'gotta play just one more' games I've owned.

Nice job. If you ever get tired of it lmk. That's one game I've been looking for.

#8473 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

here is the dimension i got from pinsider "Marp84" a little while back, with the help of my buddy Cliff.
After good cleaning and a few minor touchups it turned out to be real nice original.
now to set it up next to the 2001 and see which one is the better player. the looser gets SOLD

I've got to finish my 2001 and matchit up to my Dimension and do the same.

Let us know who the winner is.......

#8474 6 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Picked this up last Wednesday from an estate sale.

Nice find.

I've been looking for the replay version Ice Revue

#8547 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

basket case surf champ pf before and after

Nice work Dave.

It's amazing how much the colors pop after you're restore

#8561 6 years ago

Vulcan for sure

#8617 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

my lowest sample number to date. it just beat my 1979 blue note sample # 01005 S

I have an 01001 S El Dorado! The 1st ES out...........

Keep look'n.....

#8681 6 years ago

April seems to be "Volley" month so here's the one I got recently. Great player........

Love the lower rebounds that score but are not kickers (like Jacks Open)

14927016883131984010354 (resized).jpg14927016883131984010354 (resized).jpg

#8682 6 years ago

Pf dirty but will clean-up nicely.

42,529 on the playmeter

14927019504991611156949 (resized).jpg14927019504991611156949 (resized).jpg

#8683 6 years ago

Original bg - pretty nice

1492702014770-870293693 (resized).jpg1492702014770-870293693 (resized).jpg

#8684 6 years ago

Look what STI brought me a few weeks ago.........

orange pin (resized).jpgorange pin (resized).jpg

#8690 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Eye of the Tiger then?

Correct!

1492711704453-282508552 (resized).jpg1492711704453-282508552 (resized).jpg

#8691 6 years ago

1492711835978-1031891295 (resized).jpg1492711835978-1031891295 (resized).jpg

#8692 6 years ago

1492711971047944665420 (resized).jpg1492711971047944665420 (resized).jpg

Pf should clean up nicely. Need to replace a dt too.......

#8694 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Oh very nice! I have always been intrigued by that one. Sinbad is probably my favorite drop target game but being an EM guy I'd prefer EOT of the 3 variations.

Dirtflipper had me pick up two of these for him awhile back and then I saw this one come up for sale and thought I'd try one

#8696 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Tell me this one didn't come from St. Louis? That's where a bunch of them seemed to end up.

Nope - Florida

#8699 6 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I am scheduled to go look at an Eye of the Tiger tomorrow. I would be great to hear everyone's opinions about this games playability, looks, value, etc. Is this game sought after?

Bring it home and try it out Vic. It's a good player and adds a little diversity to your collection. The DC-powered pops and flippers from these late-era Gotliebs make this game play faster than regular em's. As far as price I don't know - not enough of them comes up for sale to establish a good price. You won't have any trouble selling if you decide to because of the low production run.

#8729 6 years ago

Looks good. Always liked pegging that vari-target shot off the left flipper - not easy to time. Gottlieb came out with those rubber post caps for the light shields but the op's we're being called out a lot on repair jobs when they came off - so they went back to the trusty metal acorn caps.

I'm looking for a Cleopatra myself. Congrats on finding one.

#8738 6 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

I'm looking to get into a few EM games. Never worked on one. I found an average Ships Ahoy needing rubbers and TLC. What do you think for a price? They are asking $1000, I'm thinking $500. Input?

$400 - $500

#8747 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Really? That seems low, I think I've seen most of them go for $600-$700 in only moderate shape. It really depends on condition though.

A $500 pin that needs a $200 shop job (labor value) and $100 in parts is now worth $800. And, that's not even considering a new back glass if needed/available. That guy is fishing with that price imo.

#8752 6 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

I'm looking to get into a few EM games. Never worked on one. I found an average Ships Ahoy needing rubbers and TLC. What do you think for a price? They are asking $1000, I'm thinking $500. Input?

My price is for an average one as you had stated.

Sometimes guys will buy their 1st pin already shopped/working from someone in the hobby to get their feet wet - so they can enjoy it. You can get a little frustrated working on your 1st pin.

#8753 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

No...... its not. You cant add labor to the value of a pinball game. A game with a value of $700 is still $700 even after someone spent time tinkering with it.

If I buy a pin for $500 and put 40 hrs. Into a shop job (average) I charge $700 for the pin if I sell. If you sell it to the next guy for $500 he doesn't have to spend 40 hrs on it. Time = money.

#8757 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Have to sell outside of Pinside & fixers like us to get anything for work done.

I make sure I buy low enough to justify the shop expense. If a game is worth $700 in the price guide that's for the price of a game that's in very good condition working. Deduct $200 for 40 hours of labor to bring it up to those standards = $500 project.

I will pay $200 more for a shopped game from a Pinsider than a project - and I have.

#8776 6 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Still looking. What price would you put on a fully functional MASQUERADE with no back glass? Can you even get back glass for it? Cabinet looks a little rough but playfield looks good from the pics.

I'm wondering if someone on Pinside that lives in Texas could hook you up with a decent game.........

#8799 6 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Since we are still waiting to see this big reveal I'll share one of my grails that I was lucky to find a few months ago. ALL original Strange World

Beautiful example. I have one but my playfield is not as nice as yours. BTW, awesome collection.

What's your serial no. and plays on meter?

2 weeks later
#8920 6 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Picked up a few projects!

From an op's warehouse in Iowa to my barn in Illinois to your house in Minnesota.

Has Dirtflipper seen them yet?

#8922 6 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Yeah crazy story! No, he hasn't seen them yet. Can't speak on the other pins and if they are all gone or not, any insight Hoov?

Of 31 to start, about 13 left. Going fast......

#8926 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'm relieved you're not closer. Trying to be good and there are some tempting deals still left.

Haha

Alex, I'm still kicking myself for not buying your Majorettes

Timing wasn't right

#8930 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'm relieved you're not closer. Trying to be good and there are some tempting deals still left.

Sold Stn Prospector, Bly Sky Kings yesterday

#8987 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Latest project. The more I look at this one, the more I like it. Playfield is covered with dirt, the great protector. Should clean up nicely. The sooner the better.

I went right to 4 Square when I walked in the bowling alley in the 70's - it was my favorite. Such a simple game and rule-set but with the colored inserts it had a magic effect on me as a kid trying to get all the targets knocked out. Tough to get them all.......

#9056 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I had to show all of you this. What the heck is this?
fresno.craigslist.org link

A woodworker who was bored?

1 week later
#9118 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I always get thrown off a little when I see solid state components wired into an EM game. I understand rectifiers and diodes wired onto DC coils, but I don't get why I'll see capacitors or resistors sporadically wired in some places. It seems to be only on later games as well. Anyone have any insight?

Late-era Gottlieb em's were using some new design functions of System 1 SS's in some ways - DC rectified components - flippers, pops, kickers, etc., for instance.

Somewhere around 1977

2 weeks later
#9173 6 years ago

My latest aquisition

20170609_081647 (resized).jpg20170609_081647 (resized).jpg

#9179 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Love that game. Many of them, such as yours,
came with the blue and green card tray which may have been left over from "Bank A Ball".
It doesn't match that game as well as the red and blue variety IMHO.

I went to Pinball Owners and found 4 Ice Revues in the US with pics showing the apron and 3 of 4 had the Bank a Ball apron.

#9183 6 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Nice game Hoov. Saw that on Craigslist but just couldn't pull the trigger. Seemed like it was in very nice shape.

Nicer than most I bring home

#9186 6 years ago

Ice Revue is in top 3 of my favorite 60's games - great ruleset.

That's saying something because you've acquired some nice games. It was one I hadn't had yet.

4 weeks later
#9344 6 years ago

Soccer for sure - easy to find another if you want it back

3 weeks later
#9461 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Alex, once you sell your C.C. Basketball, look for one of these.
The Jumbo 10 Strike is a cool player, but from the 4 manikin
machines that I have, none compete (playability wise) to the
Genco..

Nice collection Mopar!

4 months later
#10096 6 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Thanks, Mark!
I just sprayed over the top of the magenta. It was faded, of course. The base white and yellow were 99% intact and just needed a few spot touch-ups. I posted about it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stencil-circles#post-3390526
Blast Off still getting enjoyed. Still one of my top five games in cosmetic excellence.

Really impressed with your touch-up skills Jason.......

3 weeks later
#10170 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

New Year family time is a time for my Grandsons to sharpen their EM skills!

Looks like your Grandsons are having fun Wayne!

#10183 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Just in today, long time favorite and finally I snagged one! Put it together, fired it up and played. Got excited and tilted the last ball.
Plays much better than the one I played in Asbury Park a few years ago and that one interested me enough to buy one.
So need to clear it, LED it and paint the cabinet. Joking this one I leave alone.

Looks to be in better shape than most I see. Especially the playfield - usually the paint is wore to the wood in places (sometimes big areas).

#10201 6 years ago

Three latest restorals.....

20180101_211510 (resized).jpg20180101_211510 (resized).jpg
20180114_171211 (resized).jpg20180114_171211 (resized).jpg

20180119_204621 (resized).jpg20180119_204621 (resized).jpg

#10205 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Nice work, Dave.

Is there a reason you didn’t reinstall the posts above the kick out holes on Ice Revue?

They are there now but when I snapped the pic I didn't have them on.

Quoted from AlexF:

Beautiful work Hoov.

Quoted from heatwave:

All three of those look great Hoov!

Thx

#10208 6 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

It’s so good to see these older short flipper games restored for years of future use. They look awesome! Do any of them have repro playfield?

No, all three have original playfields that needed minor touch-up.

Sing Along has a Ron Webb bg (thanks Ron for making another run!) but 2001 and Ice Revue are original.

Quoted from DropTarget:

Very nice indeed

Thanks

#10210 6 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Super nice Hoov.
(Double flipper rubbers for Ice Revue I think. ?)

Thanks

Yes - all round top. Not on flat top.

#10213 6 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Super nice Hoov.
(Double flipper rubbers for Ice Revue I think. ?)

Quoted from PinballFever:

Ice Revue's flippers appear to be round top same as the SA which has double rubbers on the flippers unless I'm mistaken?

Yes, correct.

When I first started on the game I threw one rubber ring on took a pic later. Later on in the restoral, I placed a 2nd rubber ring on each flipper and did some other last minute things to the game (including adding 2 missing playfield posts w/rubber rings. I was in a hurry on that one.

#10215 6 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

What about the cabinets? Are they original paint?

Vic,

Ice Revue is a very nice original cabinet. Sing Along and 2001 were average and I touched both of them up.

#10218 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

When ever I put on double rubber rings on flippers,
I prefer to use red rings for the set on top.

Interesting......

#10223 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Wonderful work Dave. The machines look fantastic. Good to see you 'well into it' post the 'tree season'!

Thanks Wayne

Yes, I can finally get back to my backlog of games that have been waiting for 3 - 5 years.

Slick Chick, Snow Derby, and Knock Out next.

1 week later
#10269 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Coming along nicely.

I have the Eye of the Tiger em also - nice addition.

1 month later
#10491 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

What do they do exactly?

From Pinrepair.com:

The Score Reel EOS Switch.
Each score reel will have an end-of-stroke (EOS) switch for its coil. This normally closed switch will open as the coil plunger reaches its end of stroke when advancing the score reel.
The EOS switch's purpose in life is to break the power going to the score relay. If this switch never opens, a score relay can stay energized (stuck on). This can lock on the score reel coil on (energized) and any feature (such as a bell or chime) wired to the score relay. This EOS switch should be cleaned and adjusted properly. If a score reel EOS switch does not open, it will cause problems (particularly on Bally and Williams games), keeping the score relay (and score reel coil/chime coils) energized. However a broken, permanently open, or missing score reel EOS switch causes far less problems.

The score reel EOS switch keeps the score relay energized for a longer period of time (increasing the score relay's pulse length for the things it is controlling). A broken EOS switch can mean if a playfield target switch is activiated quickly, the pulse train may not be long enough to score the points (or features) for that target.

What about a missing or broken score reel EOS switch? In reality this is usually Ok, and very common. Often one of the blades on the EOS switch breaks off (from constant use). This leaves the circuit permanently open. Again, this is Ok in most cases. The only problem that can occur is if the EOS switch becomes permanently closed, not open! If there is a broken score reel EOS switch, just forget it until the game is all working (then go back and fix it). Having a broken normally closed EOS switch blade only makes the pulse slightly shorter for the score reel to move to the next position. The exception to this is if the EOS switch is a 3 blade make/break switch or a normally open switch. In this case it is performing a carry function and is critical.

Note that 10,000 point score reels usually do not have a score reel EOS switch. Since the 10k score reel is controlled by the carry-over "9" switch on the 1000 score reel, a 10k score reel does not need an EOS switch.

#10507 6 years ago

Aloha?

Dang, I answered right after Theo!

#10517 6 years ago
Quoted from nomo:

Hey Darcy, I'm working on the same machine right now! I like it! Enjoy. Does anyone know of a way to repaint the blue letters in the pop bumper caps? Thanks - nomo

1. Use a blue combination medium tip/fine tip Sharpie Marker (cheapest option)
2. Buy brand new reproduction caps from The Pinball Resource Daisey Domed (specify color) 10 Points When Lit - $12 ea.
3. Shop ebay pinball parts, etc. for used ones in good shape

#10525 6 years ago

The Aloha looks good!

1 week later
#10659 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Sample games of Ice Review had yellow cabinets. The playfield bottom is different from the production game. It matches the playfield from Ice Show, the add-a-ball version of the game.
I had one years ago.

From IPDB under Ice Revue:

Sample games (test games) had cabinets painted in a yellow base color, with webbing, instead of the white color used in production games. The colored circles under the five round playfield bumpers were all red in production games, whereas the sample games had three yellow and two red. Also, sample games had six outlanes, while production games had only four. Instruction cards are different for the two versions, and at least one production game has been found having the Instruction card for a Sample game.

*Need some sample cab & pf pics on IPDB*

1 week later
#10704 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Picked this up today. Moving sale.

Great moving sale pick-up jr.

Nice all around condition for it's age and a sweet bg to boot.

#10713 5 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Here are pics of the sample Ice Revue

That yellow cabinet on the sample IR really sets it apart from the regular production run white cabinet.

#10720 5 years ago
Quoted from newracer:

This GiGi has been in my wife's family for many years. I recently decided to clean it up and replace the rubber parts. Everything works except for two bumper lights only work intermittently, I'll check into those someday.
Here are some before and after picts, I was amazed on how much grime came off.

They look 100 times better after you clean them up and put new rings on them - you're lucky to have a Gottlieb "in the family". Sometimes a dab of 100% silicone caulk (some guys use tape) will keep those pop-bumper caps in place so the numbers look right.

2 weeks later
#10801 5 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

Here is my Midway Raceway, have a Bill Davis playfield all original

Very nice. Always wanted to play that title.

1 week later
#10830 5 years ago

Glass is a repro. Playfield is not — if that’s what you’re asking?

He's just saying your pf is nice enough where he won't need to buy a repro for it

1 month later
#10996 5 years ago

I'm with Electrocute. I like 2001's artwork better than dimension. Not a fan of the girls head on Dimension. Looks like she just walked out of a beauty salon

I've had both games and they're equally great.

9 months later
#11575 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Been on the lookout for a GTB 1965 Skyline for some time but they rarely pop up in Australia. But recently purchased a machine from US Arizona and picked it up last Friday at the port of Sydney.
[quoted image]
Machine fully operational 'off the pallet' but requires significant cosmetic restoration including cab repaint (lots of nasty touchups and structural issues) and pf renewal particularly around the lower flipper area. But I really like the game play on this title so anxious for the machine to look the part as well as play good.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
On cab repaint I prefer to fabricate mdf stencils so as to replicate the original manufacturing process and also achieve the graphic bleed. On this title however it is a tricky stencil with so many unbroken lines. However this is made easier when the unbroken vertical and horizontal blue lines are examined. It is evident that on the blue lines this was originally a two stage process where the horizontals are done first and the verticals next as shown by the 'lip' and heavier blue at each line intersection.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I wonder how common this process was on unbroken lines using an identical colour?

Enjoy your Skyline Wayne! I liked moving the elevator up as I played. Retro artwork for sure.

4 weeks later
#11619 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

see what i find when i am not looking... kinda EM'ish[quoted image]

Nice.

I really like my Seeburg 100B.

5 months later
#12110 4 years ago

Hey guys,

Been awhile since I've been on here because I've been so busy.

I've got a pinball friend of mine who's selling five games in his collection to make room for some newer games.

He's selling three now and two either before Thanksgiving or after Christmas (when I'm free).

Jack's Open ($1200) Plays good. All around good shape. One insert is wrong and will need to be sourced and replaced.

Volley ($1000) Plays good. All around good shape.

Buccaneer ($750) Plays good. Has some wear/graining on pf..

Selling later:

Strange World ($2200) (SOLD thru FB) plays fine but needs a shop job, good bg, some wear on pf, some fade in cab. paint..

Hit the Deck ($2900) Plays and nice.

These games are all playing and were shopped by a local Amusement Company tech. six or seven years ago - light play since. You can play them now and maybe change rubber rings later. He says he's firm on price but if you want to make an offer that's fine.

I'll be listing in the Marketplace with more pics.
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpgIMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg

#12112 4 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

How does this work?

For now he's firm since he just listed but if no one meets his price in a few weeks he's willing to come down to sell. Listed in Marketplace as OBO

#12114 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

maybe he will consider a bundle discount offer.

Yes, definitely.

4 months later
#12323 3 years ago

CANADA DRY

Lucked out......

Estate sale in NJ. I told the estate co. owner to mention my offer to the game owner (with the estate) thinking at the end of the auction they may consider. He said it would start out higher than my offer which I expected. I said no thanks. Then, four days before the sale started he texts me and said seller would accept my offer (afraid coronavirus would shut the sale down). I'm surprised no one submitted an offer higher than mine for a rare game like this. - only 6 or 7 that I know of in US. Most all (2,885) were sent to France for their promotion/tournament.

Here's a Canada Dry post from rgp in 2009 that may explain the history of this one.

[email protected]
- show quoted text -
I had 1 (Canada Dry) sold it b4 I moved to va from nj there were cont loads of them
brought in to hillside nj in the late 70,s when nyc said it was ok to
have pins in bars

The game had a paper in it saying it was serviced in Oct, 1980 in New Jersey. Or, it never left the US which I doubt.

Really like the artwork and the silk screened backglass (glass) is in great shape! Playfield and cabinet have wear that had been touched up. It was definitely played on location. Plays somewhat but needs refurbished.

IMG_20200409_190947713 (resized).jpgIMG_20200409_190947713 (resized).jpg Added over 4 years ago:

EDIT:
After investigating further, this Canada Dry never left the US. It has the standard US 115V transformer, standard score motor, no Mondial coin entrance housing, and correct 25c plates & labels.

#12336 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Love the artwork on that pin.

Best part

Quoted from wayner:

Great find Dave-congrats.

Thanks Wayne

#12337 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

hoov's post motivated me to put this together. just need to work out the bugs.
NOS PARTS : playfield, backglass, drop targets, plastics, score cards, paperwork, and a ton of new repro parts.
i have been chasing this white whale for almost 20 years.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet CD. Great addition to your collection!

#12379 3 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Just finished restoring this late 70's Gottlieb Rock Star. Some parts familiar to System One games include vinyl coated wire, coin mechanism changes and blue print schematic would indicate DC powered flippers, slingshot kickers and pop bumpers though this game was never wired that way. Sorry it is not for sale. Several people have asked me already. NOS Playfield swap, all the usual rebuild/recondition stuff, but the most challenging part was replacing 90% of the metal work in the game due to severe corrosion. Exhausted my supply of spare parts. Also upgraded the playfield rails to real solid oak as the cheap looking contact paper ones were showing their age. Game was stored on the Jersey Shore from what I understand.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice restore. Looks great! I have Blue Note sample #3.

2 years later
#13406 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Can anyone confirm for me (Pro or Con, but with very high certainty) that mid-1960's era Gottlieb EMs did *not* have what we'd consider formal Owner / Operator manuals ? Not referring to minimalist schematic diagrams here. I would have thought that such manuals went back even earlier than that. Like Slick Chick earlier, or even maybe to woodrails era ?
If not, as of WHEN did such manuals become fairly common ?

It makes me wonder that up until that time Gottlieb thought with factory parts catalogs it wasn't needed. But as they got into the 70's, there was either pressure from numerous operators who suggested they make the manuals, or maybe someone within the company convinced them it would be beneficial. I would think someone like Wayne Neyens would have been able to answer that question. Purely speculation here......

#13412 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I think late 60s for Williams manuals. There is a manual on Ebay for Touchdown (1967). Maybe that was an influence on Gottlieb?

Could be.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
495 posts in this topic match your search for posts by hoov. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/2?tu=hoov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.