20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
20240413_220205 (resized).jpg
20240413_215945 (resized).jpg
20240413_220157 (resized).jpg
20240413_215929 (resized).jpg
20240413_215858 (resized).jpg
There are 13,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 275.
#11551 5 years ago

Picked this 1968 Gottlieb Paul Bunyan (SAMPLE GAME #01019 S) on Tuesday night. Today I worked on the legs and leg levelers and cleaned the cabinet, which was filthy. I was shocked to see how nice the cabinet turned out. Check out before and after pic’s.

6D837CB6-E157-4A20-8D28-B60FF4F55D25 (resized).jpeg6D837CB6-E157-4A20-8D28-B60FF4F55D25 (resized).jpegB0891406-8088-4F08-9A4F-8E8F4CF59988 (resized).jpegB0891406-8088-4F08-9A4F-8E8F4CF59988 (resized).jpeg78B147D0-FEC2-4D9F-81E2-AE59FF85E484 (resized).jpeg78B147D0-FEC2-4D9F-81E2-AE59FF85E484 (resized).jpeg9DAA68B5-D117-4580-A996-3F4AC889E8DA (resized).jpeg9DAA68B5-D117-4580-A996-3F4AC889E8DA (resized).jpegAF5C1E61-45E1-4A9B-9B66-D2B417935C9A (resized).jpegAF5C1E61-45E1-4A9B-9B66-D2B417935C9A (resized).jpeg90F2444C-E2D5-4263-BEFB-1610DE0022B0 (resized).jpeg90F2444C-E2D5-4263-BEFB-1610DE0022B0 (resized).jpegBA0C5B0F-10A3-4151-8D60-9BCA99D96D35 (resized).jpegBA0C5B0F-10A3-4151-8D60-9BCA99D96D35 (resized).jpeg

#11552 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Check out before and after pic’s.

Vic, your on a roll with shopping games recently, looking good!

#11553 5 years ago

sweet

#11554 5 years ago

Thanks Chuck.... I’ve seen pictures of your set up and collection from your pinball gathering this pass weekend and gotta say they looked sensational! You too have been working hard to have such a great collection in a short time. I can’t wait to visit you.....

#11555 5 years ago

I swear you're like the "cabinet whisperer" or something! Looks amazing! How do you always find such cherry cabinets? What did you use to clean it with?

#11556 5 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I swear you're like the "cabinet whisperer" or something! Looks amazing! How do you always find such cherry cabinets? What did you use to clean it with?

I guess its part luck and positive thinking. I sprayed Super Clean on the cabinet and wiped cleaned with ease. I have to say, I didn't expect the cabinet to clean up like it did, but it sure was a great feeling when the dirt disappeared.

#11557 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I guess its part luck and positive thinking. I sprayed Super Clean on the cabinet and wiped cleaned with ease. I have to say, I didn't expect the cabinet to clean up like it did, but it sure was a great feeling when the dirt disappeared.

Man, I've never had enough....well, guts.... to try super clean on stuff

I've used it for years, but for degreasing engine stuff etc. Tiny splash in my oil pain and it wipes clean...but I use it full strength.

I'm assuming you must dillute it quite a bit and use it lightly? I'd wind up being the guy who wipes all the paint off too.

Do you "rinse" it away when clean? Or let it just dry? That stuff feels slippery like bleach on skin...I always thought it had to be rinsed.

Or is that asking too many trade secrets ?

#11558 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Man, I've never had enough....well, guts.... to try super clean on stuff
I've used it for years, but for degreasing engine stuff etc. Tiny splash in my oil pain and it wipes clean...but I use it full strength.
I'm assuming you must dillute it quite a bit and use it lightly? I'd wind up being the guy who wipes all the paint off too.
Do you "rinse" it away when clean? Or let it just dry? That stuff feels slippery like bleach on skin...I always thought it had to be rinsed.
Or is that asking too many trade secrets ?

Just remember we are talking about super clean on cabinets only, no playfields, front or backside of the backglass, card trays, pop bumper caps, metal white top arch, any stickers, labels, score reels, flippers, targets and other things. The most important thing to remember here is.......Super Clean must always be used with extreme caution.

When I use super clean and I've been using it for many years, I always spray test a small area on the lower cabinet. Normally the very back of the game first, where the four white plastic sliders are. If all works out there ok, I will move to the very back of the side of lower cabinet just below the metal side rail or near the back leg. There in that area I will apply a small amount of Super Clean to check to see if, the super clean method will work on the rest cabinet.

If I feel the super clean is really working well, then I move forward just spraying the entire cabinet without any worries, but small sections at a time and only if the complete cabinet doesn't have any other areas where I know it won't harm the paint or cabinet. Sometimes one side of the cabinet might have been exposed to a different environment and does have a different condition to it than the other side of the cabinet or other sections are not consistent with the rest of the cabinet paint. These conditions you must take into consideration before applying super clean. Sometimes this is where experience comes into to play. A cabinet with stress factors where the wood is splitting, cracking,spider webbing or bare wood is showing would not be a candidate for super clean and should not be used.

The best way to use the super clean method is outdoors and have the cabinet sitting on the four white sliders with the shooter rod facing the sky. I spray from the top of the game and letting run down towards the bottom, wiping quickly and constantly with white clean rags. Once I see my white rags are filled with the dirt (which happens quickly) I immediately use another white clean rag and repeat this process over and over until the cabinet sections are removed of all its dirt and grime. When using super clean on the head of the game the back glass should be removed and set in a safe place away from the spraying area.

I make sure I never rub a wet dirty filled rag into the cabinet area that is drenched with super clean working its magic at the moment. I keep many white clean rags waiting to be used close by in my reach, so I never have to leave the super clean on the cabinet for anytime longer than it needs to be. The white rags do not last long during clean up and become saturated quickly and must be replaced by other clean white ASAP during clean up.

I can tell right away if the Super Clean is going to remove what ever dirt or grime a cabinet might have.......I've done so many cabinet with super clean (100+) and 99 % of the time it never removes anything,but the dirt and grime.

The factory lacquer paint on the cabinets does not get removed with super clean normally, but beware it could damage the original painted design or graphics. There are other exceptions when using super clean.....like a dried out cabinet paint that already is visible to the eye is a red flag if your going to use super clean and other obvious conditions that may exist. There were times I come across a cabinet that the super clean did not work its magic on also,but not many.

Go to my videos below to view super clean being sprayed directly on cabinet and watch dirt and grime disappear immediately.

#11559 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Just remember we are talking about super clean on cabinets only, no playfields, front or backside of the backglass, card trays, pop bumper caps, metal white top arch, any stickers, labels, score reels, flippers, targets and other things. The most important thing to remember here is.......Super Clean must always be used with extreme caution.
When I use super clean and I've been using it for many years, I always spray test a small area on the lower cabinet. Normally the very back of the game first, where the four white plastic sliders are. If all works out there ok, I will move to the very back of the side of lower cabinet just below the metal side rail or near the back leg. There in that area I will apply a small amount of Super Clean to check to see if, the super clean method will work on the rest cabinet.
If I feel the super clean is really working well, then I move forward just spraying the entire cabinet without any worries, but small sections at a time and only if the complete cabinet doesn't have any other areas where I know it won't harm the paint or cabinet. Sometimes one side of the cabinet might have been exposed to a different environment and does have a different condition to it than the other side of the cabinet or other sections are not consistent with the rest of the cabinet paint. These conditions you must take into consideration before applying super clean. Sometimes this is where experience comes into to play. A cabinet with stress factors where the wood is splitting, cracking,spider webbing or bare wood is showing would not be a candidate for super clean and should not be used.
The best way to use the super clean method is outdoors and have the cabinet sitting on the four white sliders with the shooter rod facing the sky. I spray from the top of the game and letting run down towards the bottom, wiping quickly and constantly with white clean rags. Once I see my white rags are filled with the dirt (which happens quickly) I immediately use another white clean rag and repeat this process over and over until the cabinet sections are removed of all its dirt and grime. When using super clean on the head of the game the back glass should be removed and set in a safe place away from the spraying area.
I make sure I never rub a wet dirty filled rag into the cabinet area that is drenched with super clean working its magic at the moment. I keep many white clean rags waiting to be used close by in my reach, so I never have to leave the super clean on the cabinet for anytime longer than it needs to be. The white rags do not last long during clean up and become saturated quickly and must be replaced by other clean white ASAP during clean up.
I can tell right away if the Super Clean is going to remove what ever dirt or grime a cabinet might have.......I've done so many cabinet with super clean (100+) and 99 % of the time it never removes anything,but the dirt and grime.
The factory lacquer paint on the cabinets does not get removed with super clean normally, but beware it could damage the original painted design or graphics. There are other exceptions when using super clean.....like a dried out cabinet paint that already is visible to the eye is a red flag if your going to use super clean and other obvious conditions that may exist. There were times I come across a cabinet that the super clean did not work its magic on also,but not many.
Go to my videos below to view super clean being sprayed directly on cabinet and watch dirt and grime disappear immediately.

Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to write this up. Knowing the power of super clean, I ABSOLUTELY would never try on other parts....thank you for the reminder/warning (Good PSA before someone goes trying it!).

I was always scared it would wipe cabinet paint right off. Mean green is strongest I've been using, but it doesn't clean too much of the nasty....and adding a magic eraser definitely gets down to paint layers (before a lot of the dirt).

You do not dilute it?

I forget if the gallon bottle stuff is same strength as the little spray bottles, or if spray is already diluted...I'll definitely have to check first.

Will certainly watch those videos. Thanks for the links!

#11560 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Picked up this 1967 Gottlieb 2 player about two months ago. I still have some fine tuning left to complete. It was missing the 10 point bell and assembly, play field glass, lockdown bar and flipper coil. Only part left to find is an original back door.
The four flipper arrangement is a blast to play and I don’t find the flipper arrangement awkward at all since I was brought up playing on a Gottlieb Show Boat which is the same flipper arrangement.
I have a tremendous amount work hours into this game and was a beast filled with tons of issues. I found out the game was laying dormant for 50+ years without being played.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What are the lights in the bow tie for?

#11561 4 years ago
47651684-6E9A-4904-9943-AB3F69A47AAA (resized).jpeg47651684-6E9A-4904-9943-AB3F69A47AAA (resized).jpeg
#11562 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to write this up. Knowing the power of super clean, I ABSOLUTELY would never try on other parts....thank you for the reminder/warning (Good PSA before someone goes trying it!).
I was always scared it would wipe cabinet paint right off. Mean green is strongest I've been using, but it doesn't clean too much of the nasty....and adding a magic eraser definitely gets down to paint layers (before a lot of the dirt).
You do not dilute it?
I forget if the gallon bottle stuff is same strength as the little spray bottles, or if spray is already diluted...I'll definitely have to check first.
Will certainly watch those videos. Thanks for the links!

I never dilute it.

I also deep clean my playfields with straight super clean,but I am extra careful and work extremely slow in small sections. Check out some pictures below and go to page 231 pictures of my Gottlieb Super Score, Bally Gator and Card Whiz, they all had the "deep cleaning" Super Clean treatment on playfields without an issue.

SupScor11 (resized).jpgSupScor11 (resized).jpgSupScor26 (resized).jpgSupScor26 (resized).jpgSupScor5 (resized).jpgSupScor5 (resized).jpgSupScor7 (resized).jpgSupScor7 (resized).jpg
#11563 4 years ago

Vic, starting to worry about you with all these recent acquisitions of multiplayer pins,
as you used to be primarily a bingo and GTB wedgehead guy.
You having a mid life crisis?

#11564 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Vic, starting to worry about you with all these recent acquisitions of multiplayer pins,
as you used to be primarily bingo and GTB wedgehead guy.
You having a mid life crisis?

Is there a Pit Stop in his future, too? Odin would highly recommend....

#11565 4 years ago

Thank you, Wade!

9B0871B7-4CF0-40D5-9E56-8C1F2AEB254D (resized).jpeg9B0871B7-4CF0-40D5-9E56-8C1F2AEB254D (resized).jpegCBF0768F-F596-4D9B-8D47-AD89B2700302 (resized).jpegCBF0768F-F596-4D9B-8D47-AD89B2700302 (resized).jpeg
#11566 4 years ago

With the room just about complete I was finally able to put them together and in order (by age)
1956 Piccadilly
1960 Lite a card (not powered on doh)
1961 Double barrel
1975 Hokus Pokus

Lil cap’n fantastic in there too for the little ones

AFE207F4-7E89-4619-A305-C2B04C1CE83F (resized).jpegAFE207F4-7E89-4619-A305-C2B04C1CE83F (resized).jpeg
#11567 4 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

With the room just about complete I was finally able to put them together and in order (by age)
1956 Piccadilly
1960 Lite a card (not powered on doh)
1961 Double barrel
1975 Hokus Pokus
Lil cap’n fantastic in there too for the little ones
[quoted image]

Nice!

#11568 4 years ago

Domino is now at work to entertain my residents and help those who need standing physical therapy.

20190426_130217_resized (resized).jpg20190426_130217_resized (resized).jpg
#11570 4 years ago

That really is a great idea. How often do seniors take advantage of your pin service?

#11571 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinslot:

That really is a great idea. How often do seniors take advantage of your pin service?

All the time, the staff like playing too. A number have never played before!

#11572 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

All the time, the staff like playing too. A number have never played before!

Awesome.
You need a multiplayer game in there & get some trash talking chatter going.
It's more fun to compete!

#11573 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Awesome.
You need a multiplayer game in there & get some trash talking chatter going.
It's more fun to compete!

Have to see which one I can rotate in next after a few months. Night Rider would be a good choice.

#11574 4 years ago

Been on the lookout for a GTB 1965 Skyline for some time but they rarely pop up in Australia. But recently purchased a machine from US Arizona and picked it up last Friday at the port of Sydney.

canon27042019 003 (resized).JPGcanon27042019 003 (resized).JPG

Machine fully operational 'off the pallet' but requires significant cosmetic restoration including cab repaint (lots of nasty touchups and structural issues) and pf renewal particularly around the lower flipper area. But I really like the game play on this title so anxious for the machine to look the part as well as play good.

canon29042019 002 (resized).JPGcanon29042019 002 (resized).JPG

canon29042019 005 (resized).JPGcanon29042019 005 (resized).JPG

canon29042019 006 (resized).JPGcanon29042019 006 (resized).JPG

canon29042019 007 (resized).JPGcanon29042019 007 (resized).JPG

On cab repaint I prefer to fabricate mdf stencils so as to replicate the original manufacturing process and also achieve the graphic bleed. On this title however it is a tricky stencil with so many unbroken lines. However this is made easier when the unbroken vertical and horizontal blue lines are examined. It is evident that on the blue lines this was originally a two stage process where the horizontals are done first and the verticals next as shown by the 'lip' and heavier blue at each line intersection.

canon29042019 011 (resized).JPGcanon29042019 011 (resized).JPG

canon29042019 013 (resized).JPGcanon29042019 013 (resized).JPG

I wonder how common this process was on unbroken lines using an identical colour?

#11575 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Been on the lookout for a GTB 1965 Skyline for some time but they rarely pop up in Australia. But recently purchased a machine from US Arizona and picked it up last Friday at the port of Sydney.
[quoted image]
Machine fully operational 'off the pallet' but requires significant cosmetic restoration including cab repaint (lots of nasty touchups and structural issues) and pf renewal particularly around the lower flipper area. But I really like the game play on this title so anxious for the machine to look the part as well as play good.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
On cab repaint I prefer to fabricate mdf stencils so as to replicate the original manufacturing process and also achieve the graphic bleed. On this title however it is a tricky stencil with so many unbroken lines. However this is made easier when the unbroken vertical and horizontal blue lines are examined. It is evident that on the blue lines this was originally a two stage process where the horizontals are done first and the verticals next as shown by the 'lip' and heavier blue at each line intersection.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I wonder how common this process was on unbroken lines using an identical colour?

Enjoy your Skyline Wayne! I liked moving the elevator up as I played. Retro artwork for sure.

#11576 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

What does shipping a machine to Australia cost anyway?

#11577 4 years ago

There are many variables including just palletising or crating and any arrangements involving shared container. But generally for single machine $750-$2000 including local customs/taxes.

#11578 4 years ago

Here are the first pictures of my latest additions to the collection, picked up during my first trip to Pinfest in Allentown:

1967 Bally Rocket III
I was somewhat looking for this title when one popped up in Philly about 2 months ago. I responded to the ad but pinsider Bruce ZNET was able to snag it. Bruce already had this title and passed it onto his friend and fellow pinsider @colsond3. Colson did some great restoration work but ultimately decided to sell the game and I was able to pick it up Friday night after Pinfest. A Ted Zale zipper flipper design with a spinning bumper and left lane kickback.
IMG_1347 (resized).JPGIMG_1347 (resized).JPGIMG_1348 (resized).JPGIMG_1348 (resized).JPG

1966 Bally Loop The Loop
I have always been intrigued by the layout of this Ted Zale game with the S-curve ball entry, spinning bumper and dual bonus ladder feature. I had passed on buying several times previously but got serious after playing it for the first time at the 2018 Spring VFW show. Pinsider Pinjunkie16 offered his for sale but since I could not meet him at York last fall, we waited until Allentown to complete the deal. This example is the add-a-ball version and will clean up very well.IMG_1349 (resized).JPGIMG_1349 (resized).JPG

#11579 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Here are the first pictures of my latest additions to the collection, picked up during my first trip to Pinfest in Allentown:
1967 Bally Rocket III
I was somewhat looking for this title when one popped up in Philly about 2 months ago. I responded to the ad but pinsider Bruce znet was able to snag it. Bruce already had this title and passed it onto his friend and fellow pinsider colsond3. Colson did some great restoration work but ultimately decided to sell the game and I was able to pick it up Friday night after Pinfest. A Ted Zale zipper flipper design with a spinning bumper and left lane kickback.
[quoted image][quoted image]
1966 Bally Loop The Loop
I have always been intrigued by the layout of this Ted Zale game with the S-curve ball entry, spinning bumper and dual bonus ladder feature. I had passed on buying several times previously but got serious after playing it for the first time at the 2018 Spring VFW show. Pinsider Pinjunkie16 offered his for sale but since I could not meet him at York last fall, we waited until Allentown to complete the deal. This example is the add-a-ball version and will clean up very well.[quoted image]

Wife and I played a Loop the Loop in the freeplay area, it was pretty good.

#11580 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Wife and I played a Loop the Loop in the freeplay area, it was pretty good.

That was a different one. I know the guy who brought it and the "San Francisco" next to it. I helped him bring them in. He sold both for a giveaway price.

#11581 4 years ago

A few of my recent Flip a Card restoration and the beginning of my Big Indian restore

20190404_202727 (resized).jpg20190404_202727 (resized).jpg20190404_202758 (resized).jpg20190404_202758 (resized).jpg20190404_174441 (resized).jpg20190404_174441 (resized).jpg20190506_142103 (resized).jpg20190506_142103 (resized).jpg

#11582 4 years ago

My Gemini bought to Classic Pinball NJ from Mark Clayton, after and before 5 years !

DSC05765 (resized).JPGDSC05765 (resized).JPGDSC05758 (resized).JPGDSC05758 (resized).JPGDSC05761 (resized).JPGDSC05761 (resized).JPGgemini (resized).JPGgemini (resized).JPGgeminiIMG_3984 (resized).JPGgeminiIMG_3984 (resized).JPGgeminiIMG_3987 (resized).JPGgeminiIMG_3987 (resized).JPGgeminiIMG_3974 (resized).JPGgeminiIMG_3974 (resized).JPGgeminiIMG_3972 (resized).JPGgeminiIMG_3972 (resized).JPG

#11583 4 years ago

Love the art on that Gemini. That era of Gottlieb art was so good imo.

#11584 4 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

Love the art on that Gemini. That era of Gottlieb art was so good imo.

Agreed. I've never seen that one before. It is gorgeous!

#11585 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

my recent Flip a Card restoration

Great looking game. I really like the dark legs - are those 'hammer-tone' painted? / powder coat?

FAC is one of my favorite games. I like the variety of shots and ball movement.

#11586 4 years ago

Picked up a working really nice Duotron for $300. Playfield is about a 9, and backglass is a 10/10 (except for some very minor flaking on the robot's eyes). Also some slight scratches and moderate yellowing on the cabinet paint but I like my games with patina. Gonna shop it out and remove the rust from the legs/shooter rod bracket/coin door and it'll be ready to move inside and enjoy!

20190508_201142 (resized).jpg20190508_201142 (resized).jpg20190508_201145 (resized).jpg20190508_201145 (resized).jpg20190508_201202 (resized).jpg20190508_201202 (resized).jpg20190508_201204 (resized).jpg20190508_201204 (resized).jpg20190508_201221 (resized).jpg20190508_201221 (resized).jpg
#11587 4 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

My Gemini bought to Classic Pinball NJ from Mark Clayton, after and before 5 years !
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just a part of your wonderful collection Andrew.

#11588 4 years ago

Super-Flite cleaned up, tuned up, touched up, and playing. Ready to go to GSPF.

2019-04-21 19.42.27 (resized).jpg2019-04-21 19.42.27 (resized).jpg2019-04-21 19.42.42 (resized).jpg2019-04-21 19.42.42 (resized).jpg
#11589 4 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Great looking game. I really like the dark legs - are those 'hammer-tone' painted? / powder coat?
FAC is one of my favorite games. I like the variety of shots and ball movement.

Powder coated. I used to paint them, now I powder coat them all unless I spring for new legs. Even if you Evaporust old legs, they just never get back to as good as the original. I rarely get a game with legs that look worth a damn. Generally rusty as hell.

It's a mod some don't like, but one that's easily fixed.

#11590 4 years ago

Finally!! First time posting my own pics in this thread..needs a backglass but should clean up nice & I can't wait to get it flippin'

20190511_182042 (resized).jpg20190511_182042 (resized).jpg20190511_182055 (resized).jpg20190511_182055 (resized).jpg20190511_182104 (resized).jpg20190511_182104 (resized).jpg
#11591 4 years ago

http://bgresto.com/?p=1302
where Miss O BG can be found at...

#11592 4 years ago
8B0C2336-0E34-4ABB-BB5E-C5AC897BFD4E (resized).jpeg8B0C2336-0E34-4ABB-BB5E-C5AC897BFD4E (resized).jpeg
#11593 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Finally!! First time posting my own pics in this thread..needs a backglass but should clean up nice & I can't wait to get it flippin'

Nice Pin. Saw it on line and missed it by 4 hrs. If you need a hand getting it working let me know.
- Charles

#11594 4 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

Nice Pin. Saw it on line and missed it by 4 hrs. If you need a hand getting it working let me know.
- Charles

Appreciate that very much Charles! And yes! I will definitely be needing a hand on this one!!

1 week later
#11595 4 years ago

Took over a week to get to this point.. Another coat or two of primer, some block sanding..

Then to start on the cabinet.

20190521_205648_resized (resized).jpg20190521_205648_resized (resized).jpg

#11596 4 years ago

Seen better days

20190522_183241_resized (resized).jpg20190522_183241_resized (resized).jpg20190522_183300_resized (resized).jpg20190522_183300_resized (resized).jpg
#11597 4 years ago

Picked up this beauty this morning about an hour from here. Will clean up nicely! Can’t decide if I’m keeping or selling yet:

815B9DCB-0168-4789-98DB-4336004432F9 (resized).jpeg815B9DCB-0168-4789-98DB-4336004432F9 (resized).jpeg
#11598 4 years ago

Picked up my first EM a few months ago.
Gottlieb Sing Along!

Hadn't been plugged in for at least 20 years. Non working, filthy, and had hundreds of dead Ladybugs in it. (At least it wasn't rodents!)

I ended up going through everything. All of the switches and mechs. Completely rebuilt the flippers. Replaced the fried 115v hold coil and lots, lots more. Cleaned up pretty nice too.

Unfortunately the lower cabinet paint and backglass were shot from being stored in a barn all those years. Thankfully Ron Webb had a repro backglass in stock! I think I see a cabinet repaint in my future.

It's been alot of fun to play, but can definitely be unforgiving with those lil' flippers and wide outlanes. Either way, it was a good and sometimes challenging experience working on my 1st EM. I'm ready though, bring on the next one!

20190327_195911 (resized).jpg20190327_195911 (resized).jpg20190327_195936 (resized).jpg20190327_195936 (resized).jpg20190522_213527 (resized).jpg20190522_213527 (resized).jpg20190513_211922 (resized).jpg20190513_211922 (resized).jpg
#11599 4 years ago
Quoted from PinZig:

Picked up my first EM a few months ago.
Gottlieb Sing Along!
Hadn't been plugged in for at least 20 years. Non working, filthy, and had hundreds of dead Ladybugs in it. (At least it wasn't rodents!)
I ended up going through everything. All of the switches and mechs. Completely rebuilt the flippers. Replaced the fried 115v hold coil and lots, lots more. Cleaned up pretty nice too.
Unfortunately the lower cabinet paint and backglass were shot from being stored in a barn all those years. Thankfully Ron Webb had a repro backglass in stock! I think I see a cabinet repaint in my future.
It's been alot of fun to play, but can definitely be unforgiving with those lil' flippers and wide outlanes. Either way, it was a good and sometimes challenging experience working on my 1st EM. I'm ready though, bring on the next one![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! Looks good!!

I am picking up a Melody a week from tomorrow and also will be doing a full cab repaint!

#11600 4 years ago

Congratulations! Glad to see another Sing Along brought back to life. I’ve had mine nearly a year and while I’ve battled mechanical issues it’s a keeper for me. Outlanes deal me fits but the center post more than makes up for the 2” flippers.
Good luck when you decide to repaint. My cab is not as bad but I may repaint someday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 38.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 38.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

There are 13,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/232?hl=pinslot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.