IMG_1007 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1177 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2560 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 275.
#10901 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

What a find! The backglass looks better than a 7+ in the picture. Post some more pictures of the complete game when you get a chance. I would love to view them. Nice addition to your collection for sure.

Thanks Vic. Having problems with the lockdown bar being frozen. Working on getting it in my house but this ridiculous rain is not helping. I’ll post when I get it loose. Any suggestions to get it freeed up would be appreciated. It’s REALLY frozen/rusted.

#10902 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Yeah, didn't mean to be harsh. If that's what the owner wants, we'll, it's his
machine. I have Old Chicago, and what I like about it was (is) the warm glow of incandescents, the soft purples and yellow pastels. It looks OLD (which it is). It just glows warm. Some things pop without LED's. Check out the red and turquoise clothing in the backglass. That's what I'm talkin' about.

I like this one too. I think this game lends itself to original or optional illumination. Cool machine either way. I enjoy the artwork. Bet it's fun to play also.

#10903 5 years ago
Quoted from tengle93:

Thanks Vic. Having problems with the lockdown bar being frozen. Working on getting it in my house but this ridiculous rain is not helping. I’ll post when I get it loose. Any suggestions to get it freeed up would be appreciated. It’s REALLY frozen/rusted.

Is the locking lever frozen, or just the bar won't pop off after pulling the lever down?

#10904 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Is the locking lever frozen, or just the bar won't pop off after pulling the lever down?

Finally!!! I got the lockdown bar off. It was really rusted. Something was spilled in there. Sprayed PB Blaster under the bar where the pins are and let it sit. Then used a mallet to move the bar back and forth, finally I put a huge adjustable wrench on the lever and it finally budged. Here are the other pictures. Little planking on playfield but no sign of the terrible wear I have seen on other Sky Jumps.

A1310D2C-95D7-4DAB-8155-8518CAFC780F (resized).jpegA1310D2C-95D7-4DAB-8155-8518CAFC780F (resized).jpeg

109534F4-752D-405C-992C-B14EDBA07A25 (resized).jpeg109534F4-752D-405C-992C-B14EDBA07A25 (resized).jpeg

ED4EE501-ECCC-43E9-B89C-67840429931C (resized).jpegED4EE501-ECCC-43E9-B89C-67840429931C (resized).jpeg

CDEABD56-1E62-4139-BE0D-3B5C5FE1B164 (resized).jpegCDEABD56-1E62-4139-BE0D-3B5C5FE1B164 (resized).jpeg

ABA79394-9789-4492-A8D9-062C1433F17D (resized).jpegABA79394-9789-4492-A8D9-062C1433F17D (resized).jpeg

5F05D0D6-5395-4C35-B343-D9690C6A5882 (resized).jpeg5F05D0D6-5395-4C35-B343-D9690C6A5882 (resized).jpeg

BA6701B4-F93F-46D6-8F50-BA639CB87E91 (resized).jpegBA6701B4-F93F-46D6-8F50-BA639CB87E91 (resized).jpeg

#10905 5 years ago
Quoted from tengle93:

Finally!!! I got the lockdown bar off. It was really rusted. Something was spilled in there. Sprayed PB Blaster under the bar where the pins are and let it sit. Then used a mallet to move the bar back and forth, finally I put a huge adjustable wrench on the lever and it finally budged. Here are the other pictures. Little planking on playfield but no sign of the terrible wear I have seen on other Sky Jumps.

not bad looking, should clean up nice. drop plastic not broken...... very uncommon that is a plus

291a2394c8ba0bd9529ea3a6b934d8bd3e93842b.jpeg (resized).jpg291a2394c8ba0bd9529ea3a6b934d8bd3e93842b.jpeg (resized).jpg

#10906 5 years ago

Damn, you beat me to it by a minute!
Was going to say the same thing; drop target plastic isn't broken. Nice game for that cash!

#10907 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

not bad looking, should clean up nice. drop plastic not broken...... very uncommon that is a plus

Quoted from jrpinball:

Damn, you beat me to it by a minute!
Was going to say the same thing; drop target plastic isn't broken. Nice game for that cash!

Thanks Dave and Joe, didn't realize that was a problem on Sky Jump. Again thanks to both of you for your infinite wisdom. Learn stuff all the time on here.

In fact, I don't think I've played one before. Never seem to be at the shows I've been at and the Silverball doesn't have one, neither does Vic for that matter.

I'm really excited to get this cleaned up.

#10908 5 years ago

A good cleaning and some TLC and a new front and you'll have a nice Sky Jump. Thanks for sharing your new addition.

#10909 5 years ago

Silverball had a "Free Fall". It was a pretty nice copy too as I recall. I haven't been there in quite a while though. They're slowly sliding toward the dark side, so maybe it's gone.

#10910 5 years ago

I had a nice Free Fall for a while and played Mark N. Sky Jump and aways like the game play on these wedgeheads. I also owned a Sky Riders and Sky King.

#10911 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Silverball had a "Free Fall". It was a pretty nice copy too as I recall. I haven't been there in quite a while though. They're slowly sliding toward the dark side, so maybe it's gone.

I haven't seen a Freefall there in the past 4 years. A bunch of their machines went down to Florida. Yup, just checked, it's in FL.

#10912 5 years ago

PF a good candidate for the Sharpie Method that restorer extraordinaire Tim Meighan (TimMe on Pinside) does so well.

#10913 5 years ago

Not any of my games, but saw these at PinALoDi aka Golden State Pinball Fest
and you do not see them in person all that often if ever
so will share a couple here.

IMG_20180520_112154 (resized).jpgIMG_20180520_112154 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180520_111938 (resized).jpgIMG_20180520_111938 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180520_111957 (resized).jpgIMG_20180520_111957 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180520_112202 (resized).jpgIMG_20180520_112202 (resized).jpg

#10914 5 years ago

Would like to get my hands on a Pleasure Isle one day. Was that the rare one, or Paradise? As for Bongo, well, I'd like it if I could just have its cabinet.

#10915 5 years ago

and a williams el toro packed between the two

#10916 5 years ago

Looks good, kind of reminds you of the all the neon that Old time Chicago would have! Less all the bullets of course.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Not any of my games, but saw these at PinALoDi aka Golden State Pinball Fest
and you do not see them in person all that often if ever
so will share a couple here.

Go Cart and Bronco I have never seen before, but they do look great!

#10917 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I do remember that, Sean. I think I referred to your girlfriend at the time as "your wife". I think I asked you if the "Ice Show" was for sale, and you said no. You still have that game, right?

That's right Joe! Good thing she wasn't my wife, only virtually...but then we got to have a virtual divorce too, which was way easier than a literal one usually is...lol. You and your brother, along with Dave, Gene and Vic, where some of the first "pin friends" I scored...and still the best! )

The Ice Show is still in my possession..."in service" at a friends house where he tries, somewhat futilely, to best my high score. LOL What a great game...it's still one of the fastest EMs I've played.

The Polo was sold to Tom Taylor, who still has it I believe...in his multi-player section.

#10918 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I found out through the years that most collectors/players find the game not desirable mostly because of the flipper arrangement. It takes some practice to get acclimated to the flippers arrangement and once you do this game becomes a sensation player.

Quoted from ckcsm:

If anyone really gives themselves a chance to get use to the flipper arrangement on this game, they might think different about what kind of player this wedgehead truly is.
Vic, wow what a write up.
I bought one about a year ago, it has a beautiful playfield but the backglass has some paint loss along the bottom.
Mine needs some monor fixes, so I'll have to get it going after reading I'll have to give it a go again.

This is a great point, and can also be used on other EMs people generally think suck that have different flipper arrangements. Alot of the early flipper games in the late 40s/early 50s also fit this mold - I think most folks give up too easily on most of these games.

However, the ones I speak of must be working correctly, and have the PF angle low like they were designed to have, or else they truly do stink. Unless you like rarely hitting the ball and almost constant frustration... )

Sean

#10919 5 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

the ones I speak of must be working correctly, ... or else they truly do stink.

Agree - this is in fact true for every pin, old and new, just becomes more important the older the machine. I went to NW Show last year and found a long row of highly-tuned Gottliebs (I think by TimMe) and it was a joy to behold; every machine was being played and enjoyed all weekend long even by newcomers.

#10920 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Agree - this is in fact true for every pin, old and new, just becomes more important the older the machine. I went to NW Show last year and found a long row of highly-tuned Gottliebs (I think by TimMe) and it was a joy to behold; every machine was being played and enjoyed all weekend long even by newcomers.

Exactly. Classic pinball at it's best. TimMe's restored pins are outstanding!

#10921 5 years ago

I just finished cleaning up a neglected Bon Voyage. It looks great next to my Air Aces. I was not going for a restore; just a good cleaning, some touch-up and making sure everything worked properly (it does now).

Bon Voyage Playfield Before and After (resized).jpgBon Voyage Playfield Before and After (resized).jpg

Dual Machines Cropped (resized).jpgDual Machines Cropped (resized).jpg

#10922 5 years ago

Interesting that the single player Bon Voyage features a mass capacity jet plane while the four player Air Aces has a single pilot bi-plane.

Bally got it right with Super Sonic

#10923 5 years ago

I completed my "A" copy Show Boat restoration this weekend and place it into my line up. I really enjoyed working on this low played beauty and knew it would come out nice, once I worked my magic on the game.The "B" copy Show Boat which was in my collection for 15 years is now seeking a new home.

I've had couple and seen other early 1960's Gottlieb wedgeheads with the slim cabinets, but this "A" copy is by far the best condition one I've ever owned. It's a game I played over a 1000 times or more in my grandmothers house (only a few doors down from our house) back in the mid 1960's to 1970's.

Read my Show Boat game play posting at #10852 or was it #10857....

SB1 (resized).JPGSB1 (resized).JPG
SB2 (resized).JPGSB2 (resized).JPG
SB7 (resized).JPGSB7 (resized).JPG
SB8 (resized).JPGSB8 (resized).JPG
SB9 (resized).JPGSB9 (resized).JPG
SB10 (resized).JPGSB10 (resized).JPG
SB12 (resized).JPGSB12 (resized).JPG
SB13 (resized).JPGSB13 (resized).JPG
SB15 (resized).JPGSB15 (resized).JPG
SB16 (resized).JPGSB16 (resized).JPG
SB18 (resized).JPGSB18 (resized).JPG
SB22 (resized).JPGSB22 (resized).JPG
SB26 (resized).JPGSB26 (resized).JPG
SB27 (resized).JPGSB27 (resized).JPG
SB28 (resized).JPGSB28 (resized).JPG
SB33 (resized).JPGSB33 (resized).JPG
SB36 (resized).JPGSB36 (resized).JPG
SB37 (resized).JPGSB37 (resized).JPG
SB39 (resized).JPGSB39 (resized).JPG

#10924 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I completed my "A" copy Show Boat restoration this weekend and place it into my line up. I really enjoyed working on this low played beauty and knew it would come out nice, once I worked my magic on the game.The "B" copy Show Boat which was in my collection for 15 years is now seeking a new home.
I've had couple and seen other early 1960's Gottlieb wedgeheads with the slim cabinets, but this "A" copy is by far the best condition one I've ever owned. It's a game I played over a 1000 times or more in my grandmothers house (only a few doors down from our house) back in the mid 1960's to 1970's.
Read my Show Boat game play posting at #10852 or was it #10857....

Is it HUO, Vic? Sure looks like it.

#10925 5 years ago
Quoted from Skidave:

I just finished cleaning up a neglected Bon Voyage. It looks great next to my Air Aces. I was not going for a restore; just a good cleaning, some touch-up and making sure everything worked properly (it does now).

That's a real nice pair !

#10926 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Is it HUO, Vic? Sure looks like it.

I don't think it's HUO. It was most likely on route for just a shorter period of time than the normal for that era game. The cabinet edges are very sharp all around which indicates it hadn't been moved around a lot through the years. The previous owner had it many years and so did the owner before him. I'm loving every minute of its condition for a 57 year old pinball machine and was a nice upgrade for my collection.

#10927 5 years ago

Last week bought HOKUS POKUS to add to my magic (and pinball) collection. Shopped it, cleaned it up, and its working perfectly!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b39a (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b39a (resized).jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b395 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b395 (resized).jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b399 (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b399 (resized).jpg

#10928 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Last week bought HOKUS POKUS to add to my magic (and pinball) collection. Shopped it, cleaned it up, and its working perfectly!

Good lookin pin

#10929 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Bally got it right with Super Sonic

Yes, now I want a Supersonic to go with the other two!

Quoted from NoQuarters:

That's a real nice pair !

Thank you!

#10930 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Nice. Working on a barn find one. Down to one electrical problem, and ordering a bg resto back glass. So will be a while before done. Yours looks really good.

#10931 5 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Nice. Working on a barn find one. Down to one electrical problem, and ordering a bg resto back glass. So will be a while before done. Yours looks really good.

THANKS! I drove 4-1/2 hours to get it. On line the seller said it worked perfect, no problems. Of course, it turned out to be not as described. It had lots of electrical issues, broken wires, hacked relays, gummed up score reels, broken playfield posts.... as rather long list. But the playfield and backglass were good, so I loaded it up and brought her home. Was fun (and challenging) to get it all fixed and working. And it's a really fun game to play! Enjoy yours!

#10932 5 years ago

May be selling a Capersville soon. Such a cool game. PM if interested.

#10933 5 years ago

Vic, I saw a beautiful Show Boat in a basement in a giantly remote location out in West Pennsylvania (3+ hours from me, likely 7+ hours from you) during somewhat of a bizarre pickup (had to drive through 10-20 minutes of unpaved roads, through the woods, and across a farm - scary - but still somehow a public road!) on my project Gottlieb Slick Chick. I entered his basement to see his collection, saw the Show Boat, and thought about you the whole time as it was nicer than your previous one and wondered if you would upgrade. I don't think I ever passed on the lead as it seemed kind of distant for you. I think he said he was bringing it to Pinfest. It would be funny if that was the one you ended up grabbing at the show.

Please keep me updating on the sale of the other one.

#10934 5 years ago

Picked up a project a few weeks ago. Been working on it non-stop. Finally have it completed and working 100%. Here are some before and after pictures. 1964 Gottlieb World Fair

IMG_7291 (resized).jpgIMG_7291 (resized).jpgIMG_7292 (resized).jpgIMG_7292 (resized).jpgIMG_7293 (resized).jpgIMG_7293 (resized).jpgIMG_7294 (resized).jpgIMG_7294 (resized).jpgIMG_7295 (resized).jpgIMG_7295 (resized).jpgIMG_7363 (resized).jpgIMG_7363 (resized).jpgIMG_7370 (resized).jpgIMG_7370 (resized).jpgIMG_7641 (resized).jpgIMG_7641 (resized).jpgIMG_7642 (resized).jpgIMG_7642 (resized).jpgIMG_7643 (resized).jpgIMG_7643 (resized).jpgIMG_7644 (resized).jpgIMG_7644 (resized).jpgIMG_7645 (resized).jpgIMG_7645 (resized).jpgIMG_7646 (resized).jpgIMG_7646 (resized).jpg
#10935 5 years ago

Very nice work there JethroP & great to see the machine brought back to original condition. World Fair IMO is a great machine from artwork & player perspectives.

#10936 5 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Very nice work there JethroP & great to see the machine brought back to original condition. World Fair IMO is a great machine from artwork & player perspectives.

Thank you Wayner. I am really pleased with how it came out, and I had never played World Fair until a few days ago when I finished it. It is a blast! The spinning wheel is like a slot machine, hoping for your numbers to come up! And I am amazed that those little flippers can shoot the ball all the way back to the top! It's a keeper!

#10937 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Picked up a project a few weeks ago. Been working on it non-stop. Finally have it completed and working 100%. Here are some before and after pictures. 1964 Gottlieb World Fair

It's amazing how good a older pin looks if you give it a little attention. Great looking pin.

#10938 5 years ago

Looks fantastic JethroP. Awesome job on the cabinet! Great game. I love mine.

#10939 5 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Vic, I saw a beautiful Show Boat in a basement in a giantly remote location out in West Pennsylvania (3+ hours from me, likely 7+ hours from you) during somewhat of a bizarre pickup (had to drive through 10-20 minutes of unpaved roads, through the woods, and across a farm - scary - but still somehow a public road!) on my project Gottlieb Slick Chick. I entered his basement to see his collection, saw the Show Boat, and thought about you the whole time as it was nicer than your previous one and wondered if you would upgrade. I don't think I ever passed on the lead as it seemed kind of distant for you. I think he said he was bringing it to Pinfest. It would be funny if that was the one you ended up grabbing at the show.
Please keep me updating on the sale of the other one.

It could be the one I just bought in May and JR picked up for me at the Allentown Show. What was the persons name?

My other Show Boat that was in my collection for 15 years sold quickly. I listed it on Mr. Pinball and got a call the first day it was posted. The new owner came over this past Saturday to see and play the Show Boat and the rest is history.

SB23 (resized).JPGSB23 (resized).JPG
#10940 5 years ago

Greetings! It is with great excitement that I await picking up my first pinball and joining the community of enthusists/owners. Collector status may have to come later. I have loved PB since highschool back in the late 70's early 80's but the video game era made the number of places ro play disappear rapidly in upstate NY. I spent many hours, and quarters, in a small diner across the street from my highschool playing PB, foosball and video games. Since those long ago days I have always been on the lookout for one PB in particular....#Williams Blue Chip. Recently I was dreaming and web surfing and happened across someone selling my favorite game, in working condition AND in my neck of the woods. After consulting my financial advisor, my wife, I got permission to persue purchasing the PB. I am lucky to have found who I think is the ideal seller, a retired gentleman, lifelong colletor and honest man who I belive will become a good friend. I hope to post soon with photos of my first PB living in my lower familyro.....err, gameroom.

#10941 5 years ago

I usually like some "J" with my "PB".

#10942 5 years ago

I love that World Fair. You did a beautiful restoration. Quite fantastic to see the Before and After pictures.....

Yves

#10943 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmedic871:

Since those long ago days I have always been on the lookout for one PB in particular....#Williams Blue Chip.

I wish I would have known this a couple of years ago. I had a really nice one for sale. I practically gave it away at the York Show a few years back. And, I'm in NY state.

20160306_202231 (resized).jpg20160306_202231 (resized).jpg
#10944 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I wish I would have known this a couple of years ago. I had a really nice one for sale. I practically gave it away at the York Show a few years back. And, I'm in NY state.

That game played so nice Joe...gave me a better appreciation for this title...

#10945 5 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

That game played so nice Joe...gave me a better appreciation for this title...

Yeah, as with many other Williams titles, they are great players but not so good lookers. The theme of that game is really bizarre. I remember seeing that game brand new in the arcade back in the day, and just thought it was a crazy theme for a pinball machine. I didn't like it, but it is a good player and very fast.

#10946 5 years ago

I always thought the station wagon on the upper left hand corner of the backglass on Blue Chip looked pretty cool.

#10947 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

theme of that game is really bizarre

I was always interested in getting one but never did,
part of reason for liking weird theme was the oil field and chemist depections
which were kinda my line of work.

#10948 5 years ago

One of the ongoing projects:
20171019_140957 (resized).jpg20171019_140957 (resized).jpg20180430_213931 (resized).jpg20180430_213931 (resized).jpg

If interested, photo dump here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6OzDoCiIy73Dwyqa2

#10949 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

I like the bowling ball detail. Cool. I’m restoring a second King Pin as well right now.

#10950 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Looks really nice.......! Thanks for sharing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
£ 37.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 13,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.