20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 275.
#10601 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I prefer games with a smooth flat playfield, but i am not too bothered if there is some slight cupping
but mostly i am too lazy to do anything about it, unless it is severe enough to be a big detriment to gameplay.

Quoted from spinal:

Yes, this discussion depends on the amount of cupping. If it's deep enough to stop the ball then something should be done - mild cupping is OK with me. Laziness is also a factor which I'll admit too when it comes to mild cupping. Mine don't have too much and I'm OK with them as they are for now.

Addressing the cupping without damaging the rest of the playfield is the key.

The enemy of good is better applies here.

#10602 6 years ago

I don't post here anymore and have no plans to return (I'm sure it's best for everybody - forums are clearly not my forte) but wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm doing very well.

If I can't say I'm doing well myself, 2 tons of pinball on the road should! Even without Pinside my passion is higher than ever and still scoring $100 deals left and right. Hobby is well and good in the middle of PA. Even the Amish can't resist

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10603 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I don't post here anymore and have no plans to return (I'm sure it's best for everybody - forums are clearly not my forte) but wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm doing very well.
If I can't say I'm doing well myself, 2 tons of pinball on the road should! Even without Pinside my passion is higher than ever and still scoring $100 deals left and right. Hobby is well and good in the middle of PA. Even the Amish can't resist

Insecure much?

#10604 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Cupping could eventually lead to some PF wear
with the ball eventually chipping paint around the inserts edges
especially prone to forming the "flames" near top edges

#10605 6 years ago

Here is a few of my 50's and 60's Gottliebs. I love theses games!

IMG_9669 (resized).jpgIMG_9669 (resized).jpg

IMG_0351 (resized).jpgIMG_0351 (resized).jpg

#10606 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Cupping could eventually lead to some PF wear
with the ball eventually chipping paint around the inserts edges
especially prone to forming the "flames" near top edges

20180312_125652 (resized).jpg20180312_125652 (resized).jpg

#10607 6 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Looking good!

#10608 6 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

They are nice lookers, and I'd like to ask. From those five Wedge Heads in the photo,
it probably may vary, but for the most part, which is your favorite to play? (T)

#10609 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

They are nice lookers, and I'd like to ask. From those five Wedge Heads in the photo,
it probably may vary, but for the most part, which is your favorite to play? (T)

Not that you asked me but, out of those five games, Slick Chick is my favorite followed by North Star.

#10610 6 years ago

From the 60's Slick Chick is the winner, Sweet Hearts comes last. King of Diamonds in second place. All of them are really good looking machines with North Star being the nicest.

#10611 6 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

From the 60's Slick Chick is the winner,

Okay, Thanks. I have the same machines except for KOD, (I have Diamond Jack)
but never had them set up outside of North Star. I'm mostly into the AABs, but sounds
like Slick Chick might be one to have set up. I always liked the looks of World Fair, and
although I have a couple, I had never had one of then set up to play either. One day I'll
have the additional space..

#10612 6 years ago

My Slick Chick is beating me up lately. My last game on it I got a measly 250 points! Be careless with your flipper shoots or the ball will pass you down the middle. Its a great game, I am not a great player, bad combination.

#10613 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

My Slick Chick is beating me up lately. My last game on it I got a measly 250 points! Be careless with your flipper shoots or the ball will pass you down the middle. Its a great game, I am not a great player, bad combination.

Slick Chick will quickly school you on the bounce patterns you want to avoid.

#10614 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Slick Chick will quickly school you on the bounce patterns you want to avoid.

Of course S.C. is Replay, but does it play anything like Majorettes where you have to hit the
bumpers in order with the top one being the first to hit?

#10615 6 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

So that's where they all went!

#10616 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Of course S.C. is Replay, but does it play anything like Majorettes where you have to hit the
bumpers in order with the top one being the first to hit?

Somewhat. With SC, while you have to hit the pops in sequence to unlight them, you also have the targets to the right and left in the lower playfield that will give you all of SLICK or all of CHICK along with the center target above the pops that can give you SLICK, CHICK or SLICK CHICK depending on what is lit at the moment. Whereas on Majorettes you need to earn every single advance by hitting the pop bumpers in sequence. The goal is to get through five SLICK CHICKS to get the gobble hole lit for specials. On Majorettes every time you get all five of the red or yellow pops lit you get an opportunity to get an extra ball. Majorettes is more direct where SC is cumulative.

I quickly learned on SC that you need the pop bumpers to play strong enough but not too strong. I installed PBR's hot pop bumper coils and was afraid I would break something. The game almost played itself and was constantly hitting the target above the pops and earning slicks and chicks. I went back to the original pop bumper coils, where they were not playing strong enough, and took a few wraps off each and they are just right now.

For SC, the bounce patterns to avoid are the ones that leave the ball to die in the middle of the lower playfield only to drop between the flippers with no opportunity to bounce the ball back up to the flippers off the lane guide rubbers below the flippers.

#10617 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Somewhat. With SC, while you have to hit the pops in sequence to unlight them, you also have the targets to the right and left in the lower playfield that will give you all of SLICK or all of CHICK along with the center target above the pops that can give you SLICK, CHICK or SLICK CHICK depending on what is lit at the moment.

Okay, Thanks for the explanation. Although not much into Replay, I also have a Gigi which I
never had set up. I'm wondering if that also is a good player with a similar rule set.
Majorettes, Slick Chick, and Gigi are the only ones that I have with that type of Pop Bumper
layout. I'm not sure if there are any other Wedge Heads with a layout as such.. (T)

#10618 6 years ago

While we are on the subject of Slick Chick, here is mine that Nick Raschilla is finishing restoring. I am looking forward to getting this one!

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG

#10619 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I'm not sure if there are any other Wedge Heads with a layout as such..

Would Square head or Egg head count?
or you talking about the sequence required feature?

#10620 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The enemy of good is better applies here.

How do you address the cupping? Vid's guide always says to drip 2PAC into the cup, but what if you don't have a full-fledged shop like that, is there a "drip elmers glue" type option for those of us with more modest skills and resources?

#10621 6 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

How do you address the cupping? Vid's guide always says to drip 2PAC into the cup, but what if you don't have a full-fledged shop like that, is there a "drip elmers glue" type option for those of us with more modest skills and resources?

I use a system developed over years based on Cliffys guide and Clay Harrel that uses Varathane as a clear (spray cans) and brush on varathane to fill inserts. It takes patience. Several steps to fill the inserts. I sand the excess to level after the surrounding areas are protected enough that I will not ruin touch ups/original paint.

#10622 6 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I use a system developed over years based on Cliffys guide and Clay Harrel that uses Varathane as a clear (spray cans) and brush on varathane to fill inserts. It takes patience. Several steps to fill the inserts. I sand the excess to level after the surrounding areas are protected enough that I will not ruin touch ups/original paint.

Does Clay now use 2 part auto clear like Vid? His most recent threads seem to suggest it.

#10623 6 years ago

My Bodyshop friend gave me a 3 ounce bottle of resin and a 1 ounce bottle of catalyst, this was more than enough using Auto clear. A couple of new hypodermic - style syringes for applying glue and I had control. However, I cleared and sanded the play field to level the whole thing, you would have to be good to just do the inserts and it not show( yeah, there are a few folks here that can do it).

#10624 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Would Square head or Egg head count?
or you talking about the sequence required feature?

We more less were talking about the sequence feature, but having a Square head tucked
away, I remember it being tic-tac-toe related, but forgot all about all the pops it has..
I have to get that upstairs addition completed. Just another of a few I'd like to have
set up..

#10625 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Does Clay now use 2 part auto clear like Vid? His most recent threads seem to suggest it.

I believe so.

#10626 6 years ago

Might be hard to recognize

A070B0E4-EC8B-40FF-90FE-4C1931EE6BEA (resized).jpegA070B0E4-EC8B-40FF-90FE-4C1931EE6BEA (resized).jpeg

8BB2F5BA-D322-4608-986E-0C9C1CE66C3D (resized).jpeg8BB2F5BA-D322-4608-986E-0C9C1CE66C3D (resized).jpeg

#10627 6 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

PRO POOL? red webbing has to be a camera issue?

#10628 6 years ago

Hey guys. First time EM guy here with a Gottlieb Drop A Card. Excited to explore the EM universe.

The 100 digit scoring reel solenoid is missing, likely taken out before I was born because it cooked. I can’t find the solenoid number on the other coils for a replacement. 9154 maybe?

Can anyone with a Drop A Card confirm? Thanks!

FE9ABD55-41F0-4E3E-BC21-B40D4AE2516A (resized).jpegFE9ABD55-41F0-4E3E-BC21-B40D4AE2516A (resized).jpeg

#10629 6 years ago

You can call Steve Young at Pinball Resource and let him know the game is Drop a Card. He will send you the correct coil.

#10630 6 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

You can call Steve Young at Pinball Resource and let him know the game is Drop a Card. He will send you the correct coil.

Sending a new guy to PBR without a Part #.

#10631 6 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

call Steve Young at Pinball Resource and let him know the game

Sacrificing a virgin/lamb to the pinball gods, are we?

#10632 6 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Ought to be a way to narrow down the era
as to when GTB started stenciling Ser# on top of the head
while still utilizing the classic coin door.
Being a sample game maybe they were experimenting
with different colored webbing.

#10633 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Brutal! I can picture the phone call in my mind:

“I need a coil, but I don’t have the part number.”

-click-

“Hello?”

#10634 6 years ago

Actually, it’s not such a bad idea. Assuming you’ve never ordered from him before, it might be a good way to establish your account with them. Your first order needs to be small anyway. Give him a call, ask him what part you need, and go from there. You’ll either talk to Steve or Jimmy, and they’re both nice guys.

#10635 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hello Mr Young this is Mudflaps. Who? Mudflaps. What's your account number? My what? Your account number. Okay we will set you up as an new customer remember this # next time you call. What game are you working on? Gottlieb Drop A Card. What part do you need? Ah a 100 digit scoring reel solenoid it is missing. What's the part number? Ah I don't know. Son have you ever worked on a pinball machine or owned one? Ya I have had a bunch of new games. No have you ever owned a real pinball machine a EM? Ah no this is my first one.

Steve will help you I wouldn't hesitate to call him, but it can be fun without a PN....

#10636 6 years ago

I’ll give Steve a call and report back with any hurt feelings or tears. I’ll break the ice by telling him how many NIB Sterns I’ve bought. That should impress him.

#10637 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I can’t find the solenoid number on the other coils for a replacement. 9154 maybe?

Can anyone with a Drop A Card confirm? Thanks!

I'll save him. Yes, A-9154 is correct.

#10638 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’ll give Steve a call and report back with any hurt feelings or tears. I’ll break the ice by telling him how many NIB Sterns I’ve bought. That should impress him.

Start your order with a schematic, a flex stone and some Novus 2. You’ll need them anyway and can provide PN’s next time.

#10639 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I'll save him. Yes, A-9154 is correct.

Awesome, thanks MikeO. I’ll order through marco or Steve.

And stay tuned for more dumb new-EM owner questions! Like ‘How do I put it on free play?’ or ‘What’s the best LED to bling out Drop A Card?’

#10640 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#10641 6 years ago

While you have Steve on the line ask him if he’s taking bitcoin. I was wondering about that.

Jk No don’t

#10642 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Awesome, thanks MikeO. I’ll order through marco or Steve.
And stay tuned for more dumb new-EM owner questions! Like ‘How do I put it on free play?’ or ‘What’s the best LED to bling out Drop A Card?’

Freeplay I think is generally accepted as personal preference. The LED one may turn into a debate.

#10643 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Freeplay I think is generally accepted as personal preference. The LED one may turn into a debate.

May?

#10644 6 years ago

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 11.58.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-29 at 11.58.35 AM (resized).png

#10645 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

What about mirror blades?

#10646 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

What about mirror blades?

Are you following Whysnow's Fireball restoration. A lot of Pinsiders may applaud those mods. Most aren't in this thread though.

#10647 6 years ago

I’m absolutely joking about the mirror blades and EM mods.

My goal is to have a 100% working game, then I’m going to re-stencil the cabinet. It will be a fun spring project.

6903C530-D3F3-4D85-8444-7D1FDADB58E5 (resized).jpeg6903C530-D3F3-4D85-8444-7D1FDADB58E5 (resized).jpeg

#10648 6 years ago

I figured you were. Like restoring an old car or a kitchen, if you follow current trends in 10 years it will look dated. Maintaining an original classic is timeless. Congratulations on a fun game.

#10649 6 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Very hard to recognize. Gottlieb, small coin door, Sample Game. Very interesting. Yellow with a wedge of bright blue on the front of the cabinet.

Quoted from boilerman:

PRO POOL? red webbing has to be a camera issue?

Odd red webbing indeed! But would that 'S' effect its colour scheme? (Possibly). Not very many yellow cabinets on Gottliebs. As it does look yellow and not just nicotine/smoke stained.

#10650 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Like restoring an old car or a kitchen, if you follow current trends in 10 years it will look dated.

DukesCar (resized).jpgDukesCar (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 37.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/213?hl=silverstreak02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.