Topic Stats

• 12,115 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg
bar (resized).jpg
31762911-E7F3-4632-99E5-9968D7473A96 (resized).jpeg

There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 243.
#1001 6 years ago

TKO last EM Wedgehead from Gottlieb, Cool stuff there. Nice pin.

#1002 6 years ago

i thought space walk was the last em?

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not larger or smaller, just more to cover up a few things that the Bally brass weren't too impressed with. The story goes that Dave Christensen had a habit of pushing the envelope and sneaking little subtleties in on his artwork that usually went unnoticed until the machine was in production, but this time they caught on early.
A friend of mine was collecting his artwork for a while, which is how I ended up with several of his machines. He did however hang on to his rare x-rated back glass though.
I still have two of Dave Christensen's machines that are my favorites of his- Fireball and Bon Voyage, which has quite a few subtleties of it's own.

Just listened to the TOPCast episode with Dave Christensen on Sunday. Vary interesting interview. Clay really did a nice job with that Internet radio show.

Just opened up my new BGResto ACD glass. Sitting side by side with the original I just acquired this sunday. I have just decided that Steve will do all my glass reproductions from now on! Beautiful work!

image-978.jpg image-632.jpg image.jpg image-276.jpg image-951.jpg image-631.jpg
#1004 6 years ago

just checked TKO march 1979 space walk aug 1979

#1005 6 years ago

show us a side by side pic if you could

#1006 6 years ago

I added pics to my post above. What are your opinions?

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here are a few pics of my TKO. Fully restored (not by me) with a Shay repro BG.

photo-9.JPG 534 KB

photo-8.JPG 416 KB

photo-3.JPG 459 KB

That sure is a rare one!

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I added pics to my post above. What are your opinions?

Light 'em up (i.e. backlit).

But looks promising. Thanks for sharing!

#1009 6 years ago

the colors look spot on. the atlantis i got from him was pretty good also. my only complaint is the opacity of the light mask. it is much better on the screened glass but was told if you use led on the bgrestore glass it is much improved
don't have any to try.
this option is great for glass that will never get screened

#1010 6 years ago

I will post lit comparisons as soon as I can. The game is broken down in the garage for now.

He made a custom mask for me. Notice the three bubbles closest to the edge of the glass? I will be able to light those too.

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

He made a custom mask for me. Notice the three bubbles closest to the edge of the glass? I will be able to light those too.

what are you going to use them for? .

#1012 6 years ago

I want to make the bubbles light up with colorchanger LEDs. Either for GI or possibly as a 100,000 indicator.

#1013 6 years ago

sounds like a cool idea, should of had the 100k masked in it. all you would of had to do is add an extra relay with a few switches

#1014 6 years ago

I wanted it to be more of a stealth mod. At first I just thought it would be cool to GI lite up the bubbles that were not masked from the factory. Obviously Gottlieb changed their lighting plan after the backglasses were made. Since I was going to go through the trouble of lighting the three or four unlit bubbles, why not make it so I could lite all of them. Then I saw a discussion about ACD and ended up reading a common complaint about it. There is no 100k light! I could kill two birds with one stone now!. I need to figure out how to get it wired up so it will light up as the reels roll over and it would also be cool to have them light up in game over mode.

I think I will put red lights behind the monster's eyes and (wouldnt it be cool if they could fade between bright and dim?), warm white in all the other lit areas except for the bubbles of course which will have color changers or perhaps blinkers! that might look like popping bubbles.

#1015 6 years ago

I think you'll find that you'll rarely reach 100K on an Abra. The scoring's not really set up for that.

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I think you'll find that you'll rarely reach 100K on an Abra. The scoring's not really set up for that.

This makes the mod even cooler then. Doesn't it?

What a cool reward to see when you do have that one awesome game! Not that I expect to ever have an awesome game, but every now and then.....!! I'm getting better I hope.

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i thought space walk was the last em?

Yes, you are right. I wrote 'Wedge Head' EM, for the TKO. Space Walk has the square head.

#1018 6 years ago

When I bought my C37, somehow I had it in my head that it was the last Gottlieb Wedgehead, Then I bought Golden Arrow and looked at the date.....Hmmm

I know I read something somewhere about C37 being the last something. Anyone know or am I just smoking something I shouldn't be?

#1019 6 years ago

Last wedge head with back glass animation?

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

AlexF chimed in ahead, I think he is correct.

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

OK!

Any other ideas?

Thanks for not calling me crazy, by the way.

#1022 6 years ago

We're all a little crazy aren't we?

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

On my Abra Ca Dabra, I will reach a score over 100,000 approximately every 10 games or so.

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

On my Abra Ca Dabra, I will reach a score over 100,000 approximately every 10 games or so.

Glass on?

Totally doing this mod. Dont know when, but I think I'll contact boilerman for help. He made it sound pretty simple.

#1025 6 years ago

not simple but very doable

and for some reason I did not see LAST WEDGEHEAD I read last em DOH!!

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

OK!
Any other ideas?
Thanks for not calling me crazy, by the way.

That is correct. Last one with backbox mechanical animation (although that was really mostly gone after the 60's games anyway, '300' and 'Top Score' notwithstanding).

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

yeah, I didn't mean you.

#1028 6 years ago

What do you think of the game play on TKO? (having never seen one, never mind played... )
I am thinking there is one at The Silverball Museum?

#1029 6 years ago

Yes Pafasa glass on. With the glass off and using the illegal hand save in the outlane. I have hit scores above 150,000, LOL. The trick is to get the bonus unit up to 5000 as soon as possible. Shooting from the flippers up through the top rollovers either the 'A' or 'D', hopefully the ball will bounce to 'B' or 'C'. It can be done.

#1030 6 years ago

So, I read the description on pinrepair.com of C37 and Clay talks about the thermometer as a bonus unit that counts the bonus down at the end of the game. This doesn't seem accurate to me. I see it as more of a progress indicator showing how close you are to lighting the special. Have I been missing some bonus function on my game? Is there a repair I need to make? My thermometer does not reset until I start a new game. In addition, it does not have a step down coil, just a reset coil.

http://www.pinrepair.com/gtb/cent37.htm

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

With the glass off and using the illegal hand save in the outlane.

Gives a whole new meaning to "backhand".

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Not me!

#1033 6 years ago

I agree, with practice, I could get over 100k on my ABCD on a regular basis. I had the thing tuned up to play well. One thing I see on the BGresto glass is the light blue is less vibrant than the original, with side by side comparison. I would also want to see in person what it looks like when back lit. That was lacking with the Inkjet process.

#1034 6 years ago

I'll show lit pics as soon as I can.

You are right on the blue and if you look at the flame, there is a bit of a difference too. Neither concern me as the quality of the reds and purple is so nice. Those are what I see either peeled or faded on many original glasses. The first thing I look at on an ACD backglass is the "M" of the wizards lapel and the purple of his robe. Next is the white of the eyes of the monster and in the title of the game. Those tend to be a bit flaky too.

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

So, I read the description on pinrepair.com of C37 and Clay talks about the thermometer as a bonus unit that counts the bonus down at the end of the game. This doesn't seem accurate to me. I see it as more of a progress indicator showing how close you are to lighting the special. Have I been missing some bonus function on my game? Is there a repair I need to make? My thermometer does not reset until I start a new game. In addition, it does not have a step down coil, just a reset coil.
http://www.pinrepair.com/gtb/cent37.htm

No, that's not correct at all. The thermometer advances (steps up) to the top to light the kickout hole for special, and only resets at the start of a game (which is a bugger to get to work reliably when fully advanced or close to it; it only gets one switch close pulse to accomplish it).

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

No, that's not correct at all. The thermometer advances (steps up) to the top to light the kickout hole for special, and only resets at the start of a game (which is a bugger to get to work reliably when fully advanced or close to it; it only gets one switch close pulse to accomplish it).

Thats what I thought.

Mine works great by the way. It did not when I got it, but all it took was a complete disassemble, clean (including inside the holes of the plastic roller guides), lube everything that moves very lightly with superlube gel (including the pins that the plastic roller guides ride on), and reassemble. Resets like a charm every time.

Until I fixed it, I would only play one game in a session. After that game, I'd start another game to get the thermometer reset coil to fire and then turn the game off and walk away. A few hours later, the thermometer was down and ready for another game. Not ideal. This didn't last long.

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

What do you think of the game play on TKO? (having never seen one, never mind played... )
I am thinking there is one at The Silverball Museum?

They have two... If I remember correctly...

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yeah... We all go a little mad sometimes...

#1039 6 years ago

......don't we?

#1040 6 years ago

Choices^^^

#1041 6 years ago

Or this.

#1042 6 years ago

Yup, TKO was the last wedgehead EM, only 125 made. Space Walk was the last EM overall, 215 made. Space Walk though does have a SS version (Count-Down), which makes TKO even more of a rare find.

#1043 6 years ago

I used to have that Patsy Cline 45 but one of my jukeboxes ate it.

Quoted from GreyScale:

Yup, TKO was the last wedgehead EM, only 125 made. Space Walk was the last EM overall, 215 made. Space Walk though does have a SS version (Count-Down), which makes TKO even more of a rare find.

It's funny how rare TKO is but I've seen a few of them in person. I've never seen a Space Walk other than ipdb I think.

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

Worth owning for pure collectability.

#1045 6 years ago

That T.K.O. is rarer than hen's teeth. Very nice machine.

Quoted from Tyamry:

Here are a few pics of my TKO. Fully restored (not by me) with a Shay repro BG.

photo-9.JPG 534 KB

photo-8.JPG 416 KB

photo-3.JPG 459 KB

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here are a few pics of my TKO. Fully restored (not by me) with a Shay repro BG

Would love to own... or even just play a TKO. Looks like a great layout. You're not near me by any chance are you?
Congrats!

Quoted from AlexF:

It's funny how rare TKO is but I've seen a few of them in person. I've never seen a Space Walk other than ipdb I think.

I've played Space Walk at the PHOF. There was a Countdown right next to it.... I think I prefer the Countdown.

#1047 6 years ago

I just want to bump one of the coolest threads ever to the top.

#1048 6 years ago

Burp

#1049 6 years ago

I know where Chris must be! He's out there waiting for the great pumpkin.

#1050 6 years ago

One day $oon
Ill have a machine nice enough for this thread...
tmp_20131026_143739-256300788.jpg

Paitently waiting

tmp_20131026_143311-1399979585.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside