By Rat_Tomago

4 years ago

Stats

• 10,910 posts
  • 595 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by spinal
  • Topic is favorited by 155 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6,970 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180520_112202 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180520_111957 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180520_111938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180520_112154 (resized).jpg
291a2394c8ba0bd9529ea3a6b934d8bd3e93842b.jpeg (resized).jpg
BA6701B4-F93F-46D6-8F50-BA639CB87E91 (resized).jpeg
5F05D0D6-5395-4C35-B343-D9690C6A5882 (resized).jpeg
ABA79394-9789-4492-A8D9-062C1433F17D (resized).jpeg
CDEABD56-1E62-4139-BE0D-3B5C5FE1B164 (resized).jpeg
ED4EE501-ECCC-43E9-B89C-67840429931C (resized).jpeg
109534F4-752D-405C-992C-B14EDBA07A25 (resized).jpeg
A1310D2C-95D7-4DAB-8155-8518CAFC780F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
CD492F58-E6BA-4EB5-A3C5-65937F2D285C (resized).jpeg
770F8D28-5D5D-457B-BDFD-1FC94E8716F9 (resized).jpeg
EA172E96-5B30-4957-86BA-8233C8C208F8 (resized).jpeg

There are 10910 posts in topic. You are on page 208 of 219.
#10351 3 months ago

WD-40 has it's uses, but not for lubricating anything on a pinball machine except maybe the leg levelers and coin door hinge, but there's better stuff around for even those two items.

#10352 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I'm surprised none of the commenters said anything about Ray using the WD-40!

There are better products for rusty locks than Water Displacement formula #40

#10353 3 months ago

Shout out to @dr_nybble, I finally got to use one of the steel tapes he sold me for Touchdown.

Painted it with some green paint and rather than rivet a "diamond" like the original I downloaded some football clipart, sized it, printed on some thick photo paper and used some double sided tape to attach. The one pictured is a 1" wide football and I replaced it with a 3/4" one. It looks rather good and ready to go back in the lineup.

Gary

2018-02-14 18.24.36B (resized).jpg

#10354 3 months ago
Quoted from JAHpinWizard:

I'd like to see a pic of the candy (cig) machine. I had a much larger once but would like to some day find one like you have. A pic of her when I first got it. I ended up selling it to a prop crew for something HBO was filming in New Orleans. I liked that it was all mechanical, the only thing the electricity was for was to turn on a light.
Then back to EMs

Here ya go.....I'm pretty sure that it's not a pin.

IMG_1823 (resized).jpg

#10355 3 months ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

What price do you have set for the items? Going old school or current on those prices? Looks just like I remember. Now you need a chip, cigarette and Pepsi machine.

Sorry I like Pepsi more than Coke.

#10356 3 months ago

I know it's not a pin (candy machine) but very period correct in a room full of EM's.

#10357 3 months ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

What price do you have set for the items? Going old school or current on those prices? Looks just like I remember. Now you need a chip, cigarette and Pepsi machine.

55¢ I think that's as high as it can be set. I like Pepsi better too, but I do have a coke machine.

#10358 3 months ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Man, just looking at the pics bring back so many visceral memories--the feel of the knobs, and the feel/sound of them as you pull them out to get the mechanism to trigger and get the item dispensed.

Crap, I feel old.

#10360 3 months ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I agree, but I like RC better than Pepsi.... "Me and my RC".

#10361 3 months ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I agree, but I like RC better than Pepsi.... "Me and my RC".

I can drink about anything and I do like RC too. Do they even sell that anymore my stores around me don't carry it anymore. Did it go the way of Mason's root beer? If you remember that you are old.

#10362 3 months ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I can drink about anything and I do like RC too. Do they even sell that anymore my stores around me don't carry it anymore.

yep, they appear to be doing well sales wide, especially outside the USA.

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Did it go the way of Mason's root beer? If you remember that you are old.

We did not have mason's root beer where i lived, but i'm old enough. I remember at the stores as a kid, Hires, Mug, Dad's, and A&W (the best) at the restaurant (60's-70's).

I used to sell a lot of root beer brands working for a distributor in the 80's & 90's: IBC, Sioux City Sarsaparilla, Dr. Browns, Stewart's, Henry Weinhard's, and Thomas Kemper being the best (made with honey and sugar).

#10363 3 months ago

I'll get us back on track

image (resized).jpeg

#10364 3 months ago

#10365 3 months ago

Sometimes the threads that go sideways are a lot of fun on Pinside. Thumbs up to two fun games though.

#10366 3 months ago

Space Odyssey is a game I'd like to own!

#10367 3 months ago

Should I let these two go or keep them ? Buying too much newer stuff LOL. I have room at the moment but what happens when the next game shows up ? I really like playing these two.... Maybe should move them along though. Anybody close with genuine interest contact me. If they would happen to go I'll make a donation to Pinside. If they stay that's fine too.

1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg

#10368 3 months ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

"Me and my RC"

download (resized).jpg

#10369 3 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Should I let these two go or keep them ? Buying too much newer stuff LOL. I have room at the moment but what happens when the next game shows up ? I really like playing these two.... Maybe should move them along though. Anybody close with genuine interest contact me. If they would happen to go I'll make a donation to Pinside. If they stay that's fine too.

#skylab I have already and I have played #big-ben-williams before. What price are you looking for on the Big Ben?

#10370 3 months ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Skylab I have already and I have played Big Ben before. What price are you looking for on the Big Ben?

PM sent. Thanks

#10371 3 months ago

Williams Blast Off I finished up several years back...

http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/jah53089/slideshow/1967%20Williams%20Blast%20Off

#10372 3 months ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Pepsi is Communist. Coke is it!

#10373 3 months ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

55¢ I think that's as high as it can be set. I like Pepsi better too, but I do have a coke machine.

Fuggedaboud Pepsi. Coke is it!

#10374 3 months ago

You guys with your snobby high end games and colas. Sheeesh..

download (3) (resized).jpg

#10375 3 months ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Candy Machine should go here:

Thanks

#10376 3 months ago

We got it goin on now.

DSCN5716 (resized).JPG

#10377 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

You guys with your snobby high end games and colas. Sheeesh..

Well if you want a RARE non cola brand which I only heard of a few years ago you could go with a Ale8 made in Kentucky!

Sorry had to say that and now back with the pins....(picture of pin to enjoy)

Ale8x354-q80 (resized).jpg

Full House00l0l_byQtUwnYtPC_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#10378 3 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

We got it goin on now.

Looks great! O-Din, how many games in your collection now?

#10379 3 months ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

you could go with a Ale8 made in Kentucky!

I bet that would go very well with that considerably more potent liquid that is also made in Kentucky!

#10380 3 months ago

I picked up a San Francisco and a Moulin Rouge a little over a year ago as learning objects. Neither worked.
They were cosmetically and mechanically in bad shape. I used them to practice playfield and cabinet restoration figuring that I couldn't make them any worse. Both got extensive playfield paint work and clear coats. The cabinets got stripped and repainted inside and out. Nearly every switch got cleaned, polished and adjusted. I remade all of the plastics for Moulin Rouge. Now that they are pretty much done I have happily discovered that I really enjoy playing them, too! (I wasn't sure that would be the case since I had never played a good dialed in example of either one.) Next up in the project queue - Old Chicago and Space Mission.

20180216_102432 (resized).jpg

20180216_102422 (resized).jpg

20180216_102134 (resized).jpg

20180216_102118 (resized).jpg

20180216_102054 (resized).jpg

20180216_095357 (resized).jpg

#10381 3 months ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I picked up a San Francisco and a Moulin Rouge a little over a year ago as learning objects. Neither worked.
They were cosmetically and mechanically in bad shape. I used them to practice playfield and cabinet restoration figuring that I couldn't make them any worse. Both got extensive playfield paint work and clear coats. The cabinets got stripped and repainted inside and out. Nearly every switch got cleaned, polished and adjusted. I remade all of the plastics for Moulin Rouge. Now that they are pretty much done I have happily discovered that I really enjoy playing them, too! (I wasn't sure that would be the case since I had never played a good dialed in example of either one.) Next up in the project queue - Old Chicago and Space Mission.

Well done. Fun games to play to boot.

#10382 3 months ago

Fantastic work! Should have a before and after pictures to see just how much you did. Did you go by Vid's instruction thread on the redo? I see many Space Mission pins starting to get on the expensive side $1,000 for a good one. Good Luck and there are many more EM's that need your help.

#10383 3 months ago

Yow very nice work Pierre! Also good point... the fun factor of EM's can be difficult to evaluate because condition affects enjoyment... A LOT.

#10384 3 months ago

It's always a great feeling for me to see others restoring the EM's and sharing their pictures here. Thanks and enjoy those great players.

#10385 3 months ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Fantastic work! Should have a before and after pictures to see just how much you did. Did you go by Vid's instruction thread on the redo?

Thanks! Not sure I have much except the section by section scans I used for creating stencils. I really wasn't in a documentation frame of mind with these and took practically zero pictures along the way. For SF, I repainted all of the blue, white and yellow as well as some red and text. For MR I repainted all of the blue, yellow and white along with the purple on the guy and the peach toned lighthouse beams.

Yes, I followed the advice of @vid1900 via his playfield restoration thread. Well, pretty much...I deviated a few times in the early stages, quickly regretted it and learned not to question the master.

As @nicovolta says, condition affects fun A LOT. That has been one of my big takeaways from these projects. The difference between how these play compared to examples in need of mechanical care and/or a smooth, low friction playing surface are worlds apart. I had played both before and did not care for them at all. Now, they are among my favorites (and not because of the countless hours spent working on them). My mechanical and restoration skills have a ways to go before I would consider myself competent, but I am determined to keep learning as it is both interesting and rewarding.

My approach going forward, now that I have some basic abilities, may be to clean a game and tune it up mechanically as soon as I get it. If it shows promise as a keeper, I would probably do a full topside teardown, deep cleaning and 2PAC clearcoat to halt further deterioration and allow for true play. I don't buff the clear for my EMs. It's smooth enough and probably close in gloss and color saturation to what these looked and played like when new with their fresh acrylic lacquer sealant. If it has held my interest after a year of playing, then I might get into a detailed paint restoration.

#10386 3 months ago

Pierre - those are two beautiful looking games !

#10387 3 months ago

I came across these pictures courtesy jrpinball or his brother and noticed that the playfield looks a lot like Volley. These pictures I am posting here are also on IPDB but no name who put them there. What's interesting is the other day when I was playing my Volley, I said to myself it would be nice if Gottlieb had a added a stand up target near the top rollovers of the playfield. The other thing is this game is manufactured by Playmec as an EM. See pictures at IPDB.

It looks like the Firestar was made before Gottlieb's Volley according to the dates.
Check it out.
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=volley&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5366
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=volley&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5449

DCP04089 (resized).JPG

DCP04090 (resized).JPG

DCP04091 (resized).JPG

DCP04092 (resized).JPG

DCP04093 (resized).JPG

DCP04095 (resized).JPG

#10388 3 months ago

Truly outstanding work. Bravo! "Moulin Rouge" is an excellent player. I see you even made the very rare center "plastic". The actual one is metal, but it was only on sample games and maybe some of the early production ones. I had an image of the graphic design on it, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

#10389 3 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Truly outstanding work. Bravo! "Moulin Rouge" is an excellent player. I see you even made the very rare center "plastic". The actual one is metal, but it was only on sample games and maybe some of the early production ones. I had an image of the graphic design on it, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Thanks - and yes, I copied the shape from this image on IPDB. I tried one out of metal and did not like it as much. It blocks too much view imho. It does seem to have a function, however (less airballs from hard shots skipping over the saucers) so I made one with clear acrylic. Now that there is a really nice maker lab at my local library, I might cut one on the laser cutter and have the machine etch the original pattern into it. Not sure how to handle the two color overlap as an etch, though.

mr center (resized).jpg

#10390 3 months ago

Kind of like Volley?... That Firestar layout looks 99% like Volley! Only spot targets added.

#10391 3 months ago

Yes, Volley layout, but what about the Solar City artwork?! Are manufacturers dates to be taken as gospel? Hmmmm

#10392 3 months ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Looks great! O-Din, how many games in your collection now?

Thanks! Too many. But I've been working on that.

#10393 3 months ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Yes, Volley layout, but what about the Solar City artwork?! Are manufacturers dates to be taken as gospel? Hmmmm

Volley playfield, Solar City artwork, in a wedge head? Interesting indeed.

#10394 3 months ago

I'm partial to TIC TOC (pic from ipdb, not mine)

image-9 (resized).jpg

#10395 3 months ago

that tic and toc seems to combine or use elements of a lot of pool games. the pool player on the left had me go look at 8 ball, a little bit of target/mini pool for game play with drop targets added. what tic and toc have to do with pool though i dont know . looking in translation in italian doesnt bring anything up either

#10396 3 months ago

all these amazing restores , i thought id share this . its a CDN buy/sell site but if anyone was looking for one this might be attractive. remember its CDN funds which makes it just under a 1000US

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city-of-toronto/n-o-s-high-hand-pinball-playfield/1333810968?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#10397 3 months ago

IMG_1624 (resized).JPG
I lined them up to make room for recording stuff.

#10398 3 months ago

Attention!!. Does anyone have a gottlieb funland pin.would like to get some pics as I'm having a few problems.thanks.

#10399 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Attention!!. Does anyone have a gottlieb funland pin.would like to get some pics as I'm having a few problems.thanks.

If no one responds you can also PM any of the 32 owners on Pinside to help you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/fun-land/owners

#10400 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

I had one and still have lots of pics. What are you wanting specifically?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
£ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
1,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
€ 45.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10910 posts in topic. You are on page 208 of 219.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside