Topic Stats

• 12,208 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,003 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E82288B3-510E-48C9-A913-281C5CBC2BAE (resized).jpeg
20200118_141337_resized (resized).jpg
D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg
gm5 (resized).jpg
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9421 (resized).jpg
IMG_9354 (resized).jpg
IMG_9349 (resized).jpg
IMG_9427 (resized).jpg
IMG_9417 (resized).jpg
IMG_9416 (resized).jpg

There are 12208 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 245.
#10201 1 year ago

Three latest restorals.....

20180101_211510 (resized).jpg
20180114_171211 (resized).jpg

20180119_204621 (resized).jpg

#10202 1 year ago

Beautiful work Hoov.

#10203 1 year ago

All three of those look great Hoov!

#10204 1 year ago
Quoted from hoov:

Nice work, Dave.

Is there a reason you didn’t reinstall the posts above the kick out holes on Ice Revue?

#10205 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Nice work, Dave.

Is there a reason you didn’t reinstall the posts above the kick out holes on Ice Revue?

They are there now but when I snapped the pic I didn't have them on.

Quoted from AlexF:

Beautiful work Hoov.

Quoted from heatwave:

All three of those look great Hoov!

Thx

#10206 1 year ago
Quoted from hoov:

It’s so good to see these older short flipper games restored for years of future use. They look awesome! Do any of them have repro playfield?

#10207 1 year ago

Very nice indeed

#10208 1 year ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

It’s so good to see these older short flipper games restored for years of future use. They look awesome! Do any of them have repro playfield?

No, all three have original playfields that needed minor touch-up.

Sing Along has a Ron Webb bg (thanks Ron for making another run!) but 2001 and Ice Revue are original.

Quoted from DropTarget:

Very nice indeed

Thanks

#10209 1 year ago

Super nice Hoov.
(Double flipper rubbers for Ice Revue I think. ?)

#10210 1 year ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Super nice Hoov.

Thanks

Yes - all round top. Not on flat top.

#10211 1 year ago

Really nice work! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've got to find a Sing Along or Melody. I've never played either, but I absolutely love the artwork.

Brad

#10212 1 year ago
Quoted from hoov:

Yes - all round top. Not on flat top.

Ice Revue's flippers appear to be round top same as the SA which has double rubbers on the flippers unless I'm mistaken?

#10213 1 year ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Super nice Hoov.

Quoted from PinballFever:

Ice Revue's flippers appear to be round top same as the SA which has double rubbers on the flippers unless I'm mistaken?

Yes, correct.

When I first started on the game I threw one rubber ring on took a pic later. Later on in the restoral, I placed a 2nd rubber ring on each flipper and did some other last minute things to the game (including adding 2 missing playfield posts w/rubber rings. I was in a hurry on that one.

#10214 1 year ago

What about the cabinets? Are they original paint?

#10215 1 year ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

What about the cabinets? Are they original paint?

Vic,

Ice Revue is a very nice original cabinet. Sing Along and 2001 were average and I touched both of them up.

#10216 1 year ago
Quoted from hoov:

When I first started on the game I threw one rubber ring on took a pic later. Later on in the restoral, I placed a 2nd rubber ring on each flipper and did some other last minute things to the game (including adding 2 missing playfield posts w/rubber rings. I was in a hurry on that one.

When ever I put on double rubber rings on flippers,
I prefer to use red rings for the set on top.

#10217 1 year ago

That’s interesting Tom, lately I’ve been trying out a blue (titan) on top and white below it. Undecided if I like it that way or yours better.

#10218 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

When ever I put on double rubber rings on flippers,
I prefer to use red rings for the set on top.

Interesting......

#10219 1 year ago

I was given this in December I wanted to bring it back but I was missing the chime box, bell, tilt board cab etc..
20171213_173130 (resized).jpg
Then Dirtflipper told me he had this
20180104_193335 (1) (resized).jpg
soooo now after some hunting and gathering I have this
20180122_183350 (resized).jpg
with a little love it will be just fine!

#10220 1 year ago
Quoted from hoov:

Wonderful work Dave. The machines look fantastic. Good to see you 'well into it' post the 'tree season'!

#10221 1 year ago

Love the backglass integrated into the head art

#10222 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I was given this in December I wanted to bring it back

Good to see you could save it. Nice job..

#10223 1 year ago
Quoted from wayner:

Wonderful work Dave. The machines look fantastic. Good to see you 'well into it' post the 'tree season'!

Thanks Wayne

Yes, I can finally get back to my backlog of games that have been waiting for 3 - 5 years.

Slick Chick, Snow Derby, and Knock Out next.

#10224 1 year ago

Wonderful job on the game!

I really like the Vespas too!

E

#10225 1 year ago

If there's one thing I've learned in this hobby, it's you have to be patient. It's not like some antique car where you can just go down to the local AutoZone and get whatever parts you need.

A year or so later and I finally have a new backglass in 21. The rest is as it came. Quite a great playing game.

DSCN5688 (resized).JPG
DSCN5686 (resized).JPG

#10226 1 year ago

Nice looking 21! I haven't seen one in person, but I watched a game play video on youtube. I like the card score feature - kind of like a game within a game. Looks like it would be a fun game.

How's work on Beat The Clock coming along?

Brad

#10227 1 year ago
Quoted from bek1966:

How's work on Beat The Clock coming along?

No replacement backglass in sight. It now holds the position 21 did.

#10228 1 year ago

Did someone say Beat the Clock? I drove to Denver and back last year around this time to buy this from Wickerman2 I LOVE it! 20180126_070037 (resized).jpg

#10229 1 year ago

I missed that Beat The Clock by about a day and i know you got it at a very fair price. But driving as far as you did to get it, I'm glad you ended up with it.

The one I got is a bit of a project and if no backglass becomes available, I'll probably just set it up and fix it up so it's playable and then decide if I want to look for a better one. Either way it's a very unique machine and a good looker too.

#10230 1 year ago

It was a heck of a trip almost entirely on back roads. You should get yours up and running it is on heck of a game I haven't beat the clock yet. You should be able to find a glass I saw in an old Gameroom magazine they were screened repros done. The nice condition of mine made me wonder it is a repro I haven't checked yet.

#10231 1 year ago

Well, if anybody ever comes across a decent backglass, original or screen printed repro, please let me know and I'll start the restoration process to the best of my ability. It doesn't have to be perfect, but mine's faded into oblivion. Otherwise it will sit for a while, while I finish up some other projects.

I'm not counting on another repro being made as I already asked and got no answer.

#10232 1 year ago

Beat The Clock looks like a fun game and I think I saw one at the PHOF in Las Vegas last weekend when I went in to look over the games and try playing Atlantis for the first time to see if it's as good as everyone says it is.

#10233 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Beat The Clock looks like a fun game and I think I saw one at the PHOF in Las Vegas last weekend when I went in to look over the games and try playing Atlantis for the first time to see if it's as good as everyone says it is.

Soooo what did you think of Atlantis?

#10234 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Soooo what did you think of Atlantis?

One game wasn't enough to get a good sense of what the gameplay is like and, being used to 2 inch flippers, the 3 inch flippers look and feel like baseball bats to me.

#10235 1 year ago

That's a really nice looking Beat the Clock. The backglass and playfield appear to be in great shape. The backglass on the one I have is also nice, and the playfield is pretty decent. There was some wear through the ink in the green area below the race horse and also some wear to the playfield at the right lower flipper.

038 (resized).JPG

Things get busy with the two ball multi-ball and not being able to cradle a ball on the flipper!

Brad

#10236 1 year ago

i would love to find a beat the clock , ive ony seen one for sale in nova scotia about six months ago, and it was gone quick . funny with over 2000 made , i dont see this game very often.

#10237 1 year ago

Shopped my friend's Big Ben. It all works now and is cleaned up. Boy was it dirty!

20180127_141613 (resized).jpg

20180127_141558 (resized).jpg

20180127_141555 (resized).jpg

#10238 1 year ago

I REALLY like this thread. I can only handle so many "Look at my $20,000 perfectly restored *insert top tier game* where I made a topper out of figurines I found at gamestop and bombed the playfield with laser beam LEDs that sear your retinas so that my game is the last thing you'll ever see" threads, then everyone is like "woah dude so nice!" and "I played this game once, but I can't play anything else because I'm on the waitlist for a corneal transplant since all the flashlamps were converted to superbright LED flashers. Worth it."

Sorry for being so salty, but man... These EMs are so nice looking, and in a genuine way. Seeing these little windows of American culture so well preserved and loved is great to see. I wonder how many are left hidden away in someone's basement, forgotten, waiting to be revitalized.

#10239 1 year ago

20170603_133157.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Wouldn't mind seeing some pix of the Vespas!

E

#10240 1 year ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Sorry, couldn't resist.
E

Dude - you gotta at least come up with a funny explanation of why this qualifies as electromechanical. Nice ride.

#10241 1 year ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Sorry, couldn't resist.
E

Nice photo, Eric. No brainbucket required in PA, huh? Here in the Vampire State, you have to wear a bleepin' helmet riding a bicycle in the state parks!

#10242 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Dude - you gotta at least come up with a funny explanation of why this qualifies as electromechanical. Nice ride.

OK. I expected to get some flak from that one.

Well it's a stretch, but post #10219 has four Vespas in the background, and I just couldn't let that go without a comment.
And the scooter that I'm seated on belongs to my mom, who's pushing 80, and I guess she kind of qualifies for EM status
Based on her age alone.

Uh.......that's all I could come up with.

Eric?

#10243 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

And this one.....

Vespa - Mods - Quadrophenia - The Who - Tommy - Kings and Queens - EM pinball.

There's your tie in!

E

#10244 1 year ago

Here's two shots from today of my set-up here in San Antonio. Working on the second Quick Draw (to sell; not pictured) and in the market for another project or game to add to my own collection...

IMG_E0070 (resized).jpg

IMG_E0072 (resized).jpg

#10245 1 year ago

Current line up.

DSCN8860 (resized).JPG

DSCN8861 (resized).JPG

#10246 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Current line up.

Great looking lineup!

#10247 1 year ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Here's two shots from today of my set-up here in San Antonio. Working on the second Quick Draw (to sell; not pictured) and in the market for another project or game to add to my own collection...

The green cabinet on Bank-A-Ball really stands out.... great looking pin.

#10248 1 year ago

Very nice, but I know you must have more hidden somewhere.

#10249 1 year ago

My latest latest acquisition. I’m a mere 2 pins away from my complete want list: Sweet Hearts and Hearts & Spades . That’s a Webb Glass and a custom backglass keychain from Brettski.

BE164222-8E24-4EBF-A9BD-BE3F15C38C41 (resized).jpeg

#10250 1 year ago

Seriously, if you haven't seen these auction results, prepare to be blown away! Hundreds of restored rare games many going for tens of thousands of dollars:

http://auctions.morphyauctions.com/mobile/auctionresults.aspx?auctionid=313&closedsessionsonly=1

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-prices-at-the-torrence-collection-auction

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
There are 12208 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside