By Rat_Tomago

4 years ago

Stats

• 10,014 posts
  • 551 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6,372 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171122_150726 (resized).jpg
20171122_150449 (resized).jpg
20171122_150434 (resized).jpg
20170903_171811 (resized).jpg
DSC07347 (resized).JPG
DSC07346 (resized).JPG
DSC07345 (resized).JPG
DSC07344 (resized).JPG
DSC07242 (resized).JPG
IMG_0208 (resized).JPG
DSCN0328 (resized).JPG
Bally Joker photos scan - crop PF (resized).jpg
Bally Joker photos scan - crop BG (resized).jpg
Bally six shooter PF scan (resized).jpg
Bally six shooter bg scan (resized).jpg
Bally Double Up Pacak comission press photo scan (resized).jpg

There are 10014 posts in topic. You are on page 196 of 201.
#9751 52 days ago

My $100 Card Whiz! Picked it up about 4 years ago. Finally got her all cleaned up and running flawlessly. Time to get a back glass!

» YouTube video

IMG_20170910_194739541 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170909_143304176 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170909_143315591 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170910_194731994 (resized).jpg
IMG_20131027_180614814 (resized).jpg
IMG_20131027_181002459 (resized).jpg
IMG_20131027_180955789 (resized).jpg

#9752 50 days ago

Here's my Zig Zag. I might touch up the play field in the future, but for now I'm just having fun playing it.

Machine (resized).jpgBG Light (resized).jpgBG Dark (resized).jpgPF (resized).jpgPF angle (resized).jpg

#9753 50 days ago

I always liked the colors, artwork and theme of that game. I actually played one a long time ago too. Great addition to your collection.

#9754 49 days ago

You do beautiful work, Boilerman!

It was a pleasure meeting you at York.

E

Game (resized).jpg

#9755 49 days ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

You do beautiful work, Boilerman!
It was a pleasure meeting you at York.
E

thanks!
it is always nice putting a face to the guys on the em group.
i really enjoy the restoration side of the hobby, that is now that i am better at it..

#9756 49 days ago

I caved... again. But this classic has Norm Clark's whimsical inventiveness written all over it.

IMG_3647 (resized).JPG

#9757 49 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I caved... again. But this classic has Norm Clark's whimsical inventiveness written all over it.

Expo?

#9758 49 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

So how is buying a game on your wish list caving?

#9759 49 days ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Expo?

It's easy for Alex to guess, as he has owned or thought about owning most EM's at one point or another - sometimes twice .

#9760 49 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

this classic has Norm Clark's whimsical inventiveness written all over it.

Nice.

My 60s lineup seems to have been taken over by Norm as well. With Stop N Go on the way...

#9761 49 days ago

Monsonb, that Zig Zag is killer! Love to have one.

#9762 49 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Nic's got his Expo!!

I'd recognize the side of that backbox anywhere.

Now, I want you to wipe that frown off your face and post some pics of of one of your favorite games with a huge smile on your face!

Congratulations Nic!

#9763 48 days ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I always liked the colors, artwork and theme of that game. I actually played one a long time ago too. Great addition to your collection.

Quoted from phil-lee:

Monsonb, that Zig Zag is killer! Love to have one.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it.

#9764 47 days ago

Today's pick up. Cab has been repainted so will need a restencil. At least it's white...

20171007_110615 (3) (resized).jpg

#9765 47 days ago

Nice, I saw that add and thought about calling on it, glad someone picked it up so I didn't have to

#9766 47 days ago

Looks like I need to straighten out a bunch of those pool ball numbers, too. And triple-thick that backglass.

#9767 47 days ago

Finally got around to changing up the line up- Hi Flyer is out and for sale, Touchdown in the workshop for cabinet repaint and Space Odyssey and Star Action are in! My wife can kick ass on Star Action, her new favorite.

Gary

DSCN8340 (resized).JPG

#9768 47 days ago

Nice lineup Gary. I love the art work on the Chicago Coin "Moon ?" Kinda looks like Bally art from that time period. If you have the time post some close up pictures of the backglass and the playfield. I don't think I have ever seen this game. Thanks. Don

#9769 47 days ago
Quoted from fingersport:

Nice lineup Gary. I love the art work on the Chicago Coin "Moon ?" Kinda looks like Bally art from that time period. If you have the time post some close up pictures of the backglass and the playfield. I don't think I have ever seen this game. Thanks. Don

Moon Shot artwork was by Christian Marche and it is a really fun game.

DSCN7809 (resized).JPG
MS_BG_AFTER (resized).jpg

DSCN7813MS (resized).jpg
DSCN7816MS (resized).jpg
DSCN7817MS (resized).jpg
DSCN7810MS (resized).jpg
DSCN7821 (resized).JPG

#9770 47 days ago

not the most desirable of 1950's gottlieb pins by any means..but woodrails very rarely surface down here in australia.

gottlieb just 21 from 1950

been collecting since 1977, lost count of the amount of games that have come and gone but this would be only the 4th or 5th woodrail found 'in the wild'

still in 2 minds about what to do: restore (which would need a repro backglass), sell or trade.

20171008_140118 (resized).jpg

#9771 47 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

With me its been really pretty much making room for another pin or two or so each time, or getting over capacity. A necessity of thinning the herd. If I could have a some back, the first one though not an EM, was my first pin that got me started. Stern Stingray.
Gulfstream and Ship Ahoy were games I enjoyed and miss. The Sure Shot I had was beautiful and was also fun to play.

How about that- this swam up to my door last week....

20170928_170711 (resized).jpg

#9772 47 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Very nice looking game! Never seen that one before.

#9773 47 days ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Very nice looking game! Never seen that one before.

Two player version has different back glass art and playfield colors!

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=101

It is a solid effort by Chicago Coin and goes toe to toe with many other titles from this era in my opinion. Tough game with high rewards if you know how to play the table (rack up the bonus and collect via center lanes, harder than it looks) and game play gets very exciting when the ball is trapped "down in the pocket" as you try to boost it out with those 2" flippers.

If I had a complaint the bells are a little weak, I should look to see if there is worn bushings.

On reflection, the 50's and 60's were the high water mark for Chicago Coin, once the 70's picked up speed they seemed to head downhill as far as pinball goes. The '74 Hi-Flyer I have is ok and very similar to the Williams Star Action (2 upper lanes, 4 drop targets, 2 return lanes, 3 bumpers) with a spinner instead of a disc with 2 posts.. Great "wood block" triple chimes too.. from what I have been reading they got cheap after that.

image-9 (resized).jpg
image-3 (resized).jpg

#9774 47 days ago

Not a lot of difference between the two.

DSCN8274 (resized).JPG

DSCN8309 (resized).JPG

#9775 46 days ago

Beer o'clock

SC beer (resized).jpg

#9776 46 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not a lot of difference between the two.

What's the "CC" game?

#9777 46 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

That's a cool machine. Can't say that I've ever seen one. Very Bally-like in appearance.

#9778 46 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

What's the "CC" game?

Hi-Flyer

DSCN8308 (resized).JPG

#9779 46 days ago

Ah, I should have known. Vic Camp once had one that I saw and played.
That was a long time ago though.
One main difference between that game and "Triple Action" is that it has return lanes.

#9780 46 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ah, I should have known. Vic Camp once had one that I saw and played.
That was a long time ago though.
One main difference between that game and "Triple Action" is that it has return lanes.

Minor difference, overall the same pf.

Enough so my wife agreed to let it go for Star Action.

#9781 45 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Minor difference, overall the same pf.
Enough so my wife agreed to let it go for Star Action.

Your just going to have build on your house or buy a larger one!

Just a question do find working on Chicago Coin's machines hard? I have come across some repairmen who will not work on them.

#9782 45 days ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Your just going to have build on your house or buy a larger one!
Just a question do find working on Chicago Coin's machines hard? I have come across some repairmen who will not work on them.

Very easy and the two I have here really do give me the least amount of trouble.

The most PITA? Gottlieb.

#9783 45 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The most PITA? Gottlieb.

SHHHUUSH! You'll get hate mail for days!

(I agree tho... Gottlieb is the fussiest all things considered)

#9784 45 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

It is too late, now.

#9785 45 days ago

Gottlieb are tough but very dependable once they're right.

#9786 45 days ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is too late, now.

Is what it is. Both almost caused me to rip out what little of my hair is left.

The two Gottlieb left in my collection are largely reliable.. mostly. Domino has been pretty good since put in the line, though it seems to have an appetite for 47's for some reason down in the slingshots.

On the Chicago Coin reliability I can only speak for machines made from 1969-1974, the later ones look like they might have gotten cheap so can't say.

Doorbell chimes to save money? That is scraping the barrel.

#9787 45 days ago

When we picked up this 1953 Gottlieb Flying High, one of the guys says, "Hey! where are all these coloured flakes coming from?", as he was brushing off his clothes. I looked at him and said, "What is left of the Backglass artwork"

DSCN1338 (resized).JPG

Lots and lots of flakes.

#9788 45 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Those damn Gottlieb relays with the short blades & tiny throws.
.... Then there is the feared Gottlieb "AS" relay, the ones that have two switches are an absolute bitch to get setup just right...

Gimmie a big 'ol Bally relay any day.

#9789 43 days ago

I have worked on quite a few Gottliebs and find their materials and general workmanship better than others, but they do have sensitive relays, for example, the dreaded AX relay. But once, set, they keep going and going and going...

#9790 43 days ago

I've worked on quite a few Gottliebs myself now, along with all the others and from what I can tell in many instances they were able to save on materials by over-engineering some of the parts like score reels for example.

I mean you get a lot more plastic and thin copper where others didn't. And the size of some of these components tend to be smaller.

#9791 43 days ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

The backglass on that Dodge City looks really nice. Usually the animated cowboy cuts into the blonde girl's hair. Very good pickup. Took me awhile to find a decent example.

I've been looking for a nice Dodge City for a long while. I have a Paradise, which is a similar game with the spinning projector under the playfield. Paradise is unfortunately 99% luck because you can't shoot directly to the drop holes to collect the big points. The ball simply drops in as it is rolling around randomly. Dodge City on the other hand is a shooters game (pun intended) with the gates. It is basically an early Steve Ritchie fan!

#9792 43 days ago

Domino and Stop N Go arrived yesterday and I am very happy. Backglass on Stop N Go is about as perfect as a 50 year old glass gets and Domino is so clean inside and out, it is verging on collector quality.

And you just never know what you will find inside of these machines...

DSCN5553 (resized).JPG

DSCN5551 (resized).JPG

DSCN5554 (resized).JPG

DSCN5550 (resized).JPG
DSCN5552 (resized).JPG

#9793 43 days ago

What a find! Amazing condition.

#9794 43 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think we have a thread for that here on pinside.

50 year old beer!

#9795 42 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Domino and Stop N Go arrived yesterday and I am very happy. Backglass on Stop N Go is about as perfect as a 50 year old glass gets and Domino is so clean inside and out, it is verging on collector quality.

Wow, I thought Vic Camp had the nicest "Domino" on the planet. Yours might be better. Nice pair to add to your already staggering collection!

#9796 42 days ago

They aren't the only thing that was staggering.

#9797 42 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Domino is so clean inside and out, it is verging on collector quality

That is a really nice Domino. It was the second EM game I ever had and a lot of fun. I'm a pop-bumper lover and the pb action on Domino is one of the best.

#9798 42 days ago

So far so good on Domino. I completed the pattern and got a special last night. The roto target is a little sticky but I will fix that this weekend. What's the star for? I haven't looked into that yet. I'm guessing it might give you the next domino.

#9799 42 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

They aren't the only thing that was staggering.

Don't tell me you power pumped all that beer at once?

#9800 42 days ago

No, I'm saving it for the weekend. It was the usual Jack and Coke night and make it into work the next day. My buddy Bob did come over and we initiated Stop N Go, and he beat me! After I beat him on a couple other games. Some times I am real hot out of the gate..

Stop N Go looks to be a shoe in in the multiplayer lineup, with unique features and rules, flippers in the correct direction, and that beautiful Stenholm art package.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Machine - For Sale
Endicott, NY
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 52.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
€ 8.40
$ 18.99
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
£ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 43.50
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 71.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10014 posts in topic. You are on page 196 of 201.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside