Topic Stats

• 12,151 posts
  • 681 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 minutes ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,963 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN6539 (resized).JPG
IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
IMG_5755 (resized).JPG
IMG_5754 (resized).JPG
73EE5064-79EA-4EE9-A685-051AD7F98D5F (resized).jpeg
4F62CED0-DB4E-4B77-9810-8EF1A832CFF0 (resized).jpeg
B999A498-FFA1-4B0E-A9DC-DCA865D10180 (resized).jpeg
Steve the pirate (resized).jpg
DSC05777 (resized).JPG
DSC05776 (resized).JPG
DSC05779 (resized).JPG
DSC05772 (resized).JPG
DSC05774 (resized).JPG
DSC05773 (resized).JPG
20191127_173035_resized (resized).jpg
20191117_141652 (resized).jpg

There are 12151 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 244.
#9401 2 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Super job on the "New York" Wayne! Did not know there was a Jones Plug for a "Replay" setting which is very cool indeed as I would have changed the plug to that setting as well. Love your sink work station too, hope to get one installed in my shop down the road. Enjoy!
Ken

I am unsure Ken whether that feature is on other machines in the family.

#9402 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

1960: Black Jack, Darts, Jungle, Magic Clock, Music Man, Viking.
1961: Bo Bo, Caravelle, Highways, Hollywood.

Somebody just scored a very nice Darts and it wasn't me.

IMG_2044 (resized).PNG

IMG_2045 (resized).PNG

#9403 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Yeah, it was "gdonovan". https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-something-you-see-every-day-willaims-darts#post-3875204

#9404 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

"Working" is a relative term.

I had to examine the unit while there to find out why there was no sound, the seller was surprised (or good actor, take your pick) to find out there were bells in the unit. Both coils and plungers were melted down into a pile of goo. The list of parts being ordered from PBR is growing.. The playfield, cabinet and BG are in good condition (the playfield in particular) that I paid the man what he wanted for it.

#9405 2 years ago

Darts Looks good and should be great when you fix it up. Unusual game - Cool !

#9406 2 years ago

Big Ben chimes once more...

The last of a trio of machines brought home last Saturday woke from its slumber this morning.. and in surprisingly good condition. Pulled the main board this morning, cleaned, lubed and adjusted everything and went through all the scoring reels. Shortly after the machine was up and running! From there did some meatball surgery to the ball count unit (which is a mess but at least working now) and cleaned all the stepper units. Popped out, cleaned and leveled a bunch of inserts. Changed out a bunch of bulbs. Pulled all the plastics and posts, compounded out the playfield (which had mold on it) and gave it a nice coat of wax and installed new elastics. Polished the plastics and posts. Found that the switches for slingshots were falling apart, repaired. Adjusted the drop targets. Scrubbed the "gear" domes for the poppers.

Not a bad game. With new elastics and waxed playfield far more entertaining then when I first started this morning. Give it a few weeks for a fair shake. Need to work on Star Action next.. once parts from PBR show up I'll be on Bus Stop, Dart and Orbit again.

Gary

DSCN8148 (resized).JPG

DSCN8149 (resized).JPG

#9407 2 years ago

Big Ben is a good game. I have one. You will like it.

#9408 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Big Ben chimes once more...
The last of a trio of machines brought home last Saturday woke from its slumber this morning.. and in surprisingly good condition. Pulled the main board this morning, cleaned, lubed and adjusted everything and went through all the scoring reels. Shortly after the machine was up and running! From there did some meatball surgery to the ball count unit (which is a mess but at least working now) and cleaned all the stepper units. Popped out, cleaned and leveled a bunch of inserts. Changed out a bunch of bulbs. Pulled all the plastics and posts, compounded out the playfield (which had mold on it) and gave it a nice coat of wax and installed new elastics. Polished the plastics and posts. Found that the switches for slingshots were falling apart, repaired. Adjusted the drop targets. Scrubbed the "gear" domes for the poppers.
Not a bad game. With new elastics and waxed playfield far more entertaining then when I first started this morning. Give it a few weeks for a fair shake. Need to work on Star Action next.. once parts from PBR show up I'll be on Bus Stop, Dart and Orbit again.
Gary

I would call that a good mornings work Gary-nicely done.

#9409 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I would call that a good mornings work Gary-nicely done.

Thank you! Still a little work to do. The scoring motor seem slow and makes a grinding noise which makes all the long chime sequences slow as well. I'm going to swap out a motor from one of my other machines to diag the problem. Lubricating the motor did not seem to make much difference and the cam set moves freely.

#9410 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Thank you! Still a little work to do. The scoring motor seem slow and makes a grinding noise which makes all the long chime sequences slow as well. I'm going to swap out a motor from one of my other machines to diag the problem. Lubricating the motor did not seem to make much difference and the cam set moves freely.

There is a 'hidden' lube point on those score motors Gary under the motor frame not normally accessed unless the motor is removed.

#9411 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

There is a 'hidden' lube point on those score motors Gary under the motor frame not normally accessed unless the motor is removed.

I'll pull today to examine- Are you talking about the "felt hole" in the area of the axle?

#9412 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I pulled the motor this morning and found the second lube point.

Looking everything over well I don't think the motor is the issue. Coil looks very good, everything spins freely and the bushings are in great shape. Where I think the problem lies is in the switch stacks. I think someone had one or two apart in the past and they seem to have excessive pressure on them which is making the motor work too hard, I think a spacer or two was left out.

#9413 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have buddy who recently picked up a "Space Mission". It's motor was also very slow. The eventual remedy was rebuilding it using a kit available through the Pinball Resource. It works fine now.

#9414 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have buddy who recently picked up a "Space Mission". It's motor was also very slow. The eventual remedy was rebuilding it using a kit available through the Pinball Resource. It works fine now.

I may end up going that route or swapping the motor out. Tried loosening up all the screws holding down the contacts till they were quite light, didn't seem to make any difference.

Think I'll rob the Star Action for its motor assembly and see what we see, doesn't take long.

#9415 2 years ago

Robbing the Star Action's motor assembly fixed the problem! Big Ben zips right along now.

#9416 2 years ago

Brought home my second EM a couple of days ago, a Sure Shot. Before moving it into the basement I decided to leave it in the garage as we had a block party planned for the weekend and decided I would put the game out for everyone to enjoy. I also provided the entertainment(DJing & games), the community water slide, the outdoor movie, and the fireworks show. Kids loved the pinball machine!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#9417 2 years ago

(Cringe)

#9418 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Brought home my second EM a couple of days ago, a Sure Shot. Before moving it into the basement I decided to leave it in the garage as we had a block party planned for the weekend and decided I would put the game out for everyone to enjoy. I also provided the entertainment(DJing & games), the community water slide, the outdoor movie, and the fireworks show. Kids loved the pinball machine!

Looks overcast there, but be aware that sun fading starts pretty quick.

#9419 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Looks overcast there, but be aware that sun fading starts pretty quick.

Mostly overcast. We had a storm coming in. Game went around 630pm, was back in the garage by 830. Storm hit at 845pm.

I think I'm going to put one in the street during Halloween this year. Just trying to do all I can to promote the silverball.

#9420 2 years ago

Good going djreddog.i also try to promote.been away from forum few days working on basket case machine.almost finished.made plastic piece for center of playfield.saved $50.00.it was a little tough making dome ,but managed.question ?. Does anyone have decent backglass for a full house.if so .pm me.thanks.

0724171056 (resized).jpg

0724171056 (resized).jpg

#9421 2 years ago

Finally finished playfield on full house.homemade center plastic turned out better than expected.will show rest of game when finished in few days.

0724172248a (resized).jpg

#9422 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I took a pic
of Swing Times

Very cool. I've been on a lookout for that game for awhile. My business partner remembers playing one at the Moose Lodge in Rockford, Illinois in the early 1960's when he went there with his parents. Thought If I ever find one I'll work on it and give it to him.

Nice find and deal.

#9423 2 years ago

Look what followed me home today!

Stripped the playfield, compounded it out, touched up the black areas with paint stick, nice coating of paste wax, polished the plastics, cleaned underside of inserts, replaced all the bulbs, cleaned the posts, fixed some coil stops, cleaned and adjusted some relays, cleaned scoring reels, polished stepper contacts and lubed & adjusted steppers, cleaned some roll over switches, got the match unit working (has effect on bonuses) found some bad contacts and repaired, rebuilt the chime unit so it doesn't clank-clank-clank.

Only problem I can find now is the player 1 and 2 lamps, ball count lamps and "one or two can play" lamps will randomly flash like there is a bad connection somewhere and I have to track it down. No rhyme or reason. Will be fine for a few games and then will flicker when you shoot a ball or hit a popper. Can't isolate it yet but will.

DSCN8168 (resized).JPG
DSCN8169 (resized).JPG
DSCN8170 (resized).JPG

#9424 2 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Thought If I ever find one I'll work on it and give it to him.

Years back, when I first got Swing Time in, I went through it and it was a
nice little add-a-ball player. Hopefully someday I'll be able to have it set back
up.
Add-a-Ball in Illinois in the early 60s. Must have never left the state..

#9425 2 years ago

Picked up an old Gottlieb that had been painted black with dazzling stickers attached!

But as exciting as that may sound, I appreciate the original art and scrubbed. And scrubbed. And scrubbed. And still have more scrubbing to do on the upper cabinet. But worth the effort!

Scrubbed_20170724_205016 (resized).jpg

#9426 2 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Picked up an old Gottlieb that had been painted black with dazzling stickers attached!
But as exciting as that may sound, I appreciate the original art and scrubbed. And scrubbed. And scrubbed. And still have more scrubbing to do on the upper cabinet. But worth the effort!

Nice work Kev.

#9427 2 years ago

I see i lit a few fires under some butts.or i hope i added to your motivational skills.ha ha.gdon .you work fast.if you did all that in a day.do you charge by the hour.ha ha.better raise your hourly rate.looks excellent.

#9428 2 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

can you elaborate a bit more please (awesome results by the way)..did you use any product and what did you scrub with? have a surf side with a half black house pain cab with the original art underneath and hoping to do what you did above.

#9429 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Look what followed me home today!
Stripped the playfield, compounded it out, touched up the black areas with paint stick, nice coating of paste wax, polished the plastics, cleaned underside of inserts, replaced all the bulbs, cleaned the posts, fixed some coil stops, cleaned and adjusted some relays, cleaned scoring reels, polished stepper contacts and lubed & adjusted steppers, cleaned some roll over switches, got the match unit working (has effect on bonuses) found some bad contacts and repaired, rebuilt the chime unit so it doesn't clank-clank-clank.
Only problem I can find now is the player 1 and 2 lamps, ball count lamps and "one or two can play" lamps will randomly flash like there is a bad connection somewhere and I have to track it down. No rhyme or reason. Will be fine for a few games and then will flicker when you shoot a ball or hit a popper. Can't isolate it yet but will.

You got it bad. Sounds like you have the wife behind you so that's a big plus!

#9430 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You got it bad. Sounds like you have the wife behind you so that's a big plus!

I just like to move along prompt so we can get to playing as soon as possible.

My wife is a jewel and we have lots of fun together!

#9431 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Nice work Kev.

Thanks, Wayne!

Quoted from illawarra92:

can you elaborate a bit more please (awesome results by the way)..did you use any product and what did you scrub with? have a surf side with a half black house pain cab with the original art underneath and hoping to do what you did above.

Metallic dish scrubber and water. Thankfully, the black paint was acrylic but I still didn't want to risk losing the original art. Scruffy from years of abuse but better!

#9432 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Fixed.

#9433 2 years ago

My 26 dollar eBay snipe from November. Lady did not want it and wanted it out of the house .

20170727_110403 (resized).jpg

20170727_110409 (resized).jpg

20170727_110412 (resized).jpg

20170727_110424 (resized).jpg

#9434 2 years ago

Good find mcshaney.i take it you are going to paint cabinet eventually. Here's my before and after. Still looking for used backglass. Hard to find used without hair color change ( brown hair to green on people) .

00606_cT26EAa3ixC_1200x900 (resized).jpg

0727171626a (resized).jpg

0727171624 (resized).jpg

0727171158 (resized).jpg

#9435 2 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

My 26 dollar eBay snipe from November. Lady did not want it and wanted it out of the house .

How is it that it only went for $26 on ePay?

#9436 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

How is it that it only went for $26 on ePay?

She had starting bid at $20 and buy it now at $26 it was on twenty minutes when I bought it .I was eating with my family at Texas road house at like 9 o'clock and started checking for pinball machines .I think I got very lucky.

#9437 2 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

My 26 dollar eBay snipe from November.

Who was the artist? The women look to be the same style as the ones in Big Daddy. Also it looks like the artist was influenced by George Herriman's Krazy Kat style with that flying bug.

Bruce

#9438 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Who was the artist? The women look to be the same style as the ones in Big Daddy. Also it looks like the artist was influenced by George Herriman's Krazy Kat style with that flying bug.
Bruce

The artist is unknown it is possible they did other reverse wedgehead machines from that time .

#9439 2 years ago

The garage where the repairs happen is being taken over! I'm being overrun!

Full House is 100%
Olympic Hockey the puck on the backglass gets stuck, humidity I think.
Darts is pretty much done aside from sealing the backglass
Star Action needs to be gone through 100%, scoring issues and add a ball feature not working.
Bus Stop mostly working, playfield touch up, reel cleaning and some contact cleaning needed on the bonus discs.
Space Odyssey was working 100% and decided it does not want to run two player tonight.
Orbit works 100% but won't play 2 or 4 player, long term project to get working correct.
Spirit of '76 working 100%, have to install new green insert and sand blast and paint legs.

Always something to do..

DSCN8181 (resized).JPG

#9440 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The garage where the repairs happen is being taken over! I'm being overrun!
Full House is 100%
Olympic Hockey the puck on the backglass gets stuck, humidity I think.
Darts is pretty much done aside from sealing the backglass
Star Action needs to be gone through 100%, scoring issues and add a ball feature not working.
Bus Stop mostly working, playfield touch up, reel cleaning and some contact cleaning needed on the bonus discs.
Space Odyssey was working 100% and decided it does not want to run two player tonight.
Orbit works 100% but won't play 2 or 4 player, long term project to get working correct.
Spirit of '76 working 100%, have to install new green insert and sand blast and paint legs.
Always something to do..

Like I said, you got it bad!

#9441 2 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

She had starting bid at $20 and buy it now at $26 it was on twenty minutes when I bought it .I was eating with my family at Texas road house at like 9 o'clock and started checking for pinball machines .I think I got very lucky.

Very, very lucky! Good for you!

#9442 2 years ago

I played this game everyday for the past two weeks, logged my high score in green. My son finally plays his 1st game on it this morning and burns right through my best. He rubbed it all day today. Can't wait for the kids to go back to school

IMG_2116 (resized).JPG

#9443 2 years ago

I guess it's time to cue up that old Psychedelic Furs song "Pretty in Pink".

I'm just happy to acquire a game of this stature in any condition. And the price was right. Thanks Robert.

DSCN5491 (resized).JPG

#9444 2 years ago

A few minor touchups and the playfield will be just fine. This machine is lovely even as it sits.

DSCN5492 (resized).JPG

#9445 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This machine is lovely even as it sits.

Never knew Beat the Clock was Multi-Ball. Interesting..
Looks like she'll fit nice with your other Gems.. (T)

#9446 2 years ago

There's no where to fit it at the moment and I never thought of myself as a hoarder, but I see no reason to let that empty space in mom's garage go to waste. So that's where the overflow has been going as of late. But not this one.

Beat The Clock is the only single player EM with multiball that I know of. That, the backbox animation, and the terrific art package make it a very special game indeed.

#9447 2 years ago

Beat the Clock was the second machine I bought. I really didn't know much about it and bought it because of the theme and the condition. My daughter and I enjoying playing it more than our other machines. Games are quick and can be brutal. The posts on either side of the the Star Hole make for a super fast lower playfield - right back at ya. The gaps between the 4 flippers can be cruel.

I have all of the paperwork for Beat the Clock and a large format printer (full size schematic). My instruction and ball/credit cards are really clean too. I you want a printed out schematic, or pdf scans of the cards let me know. Really excited to see yours come alive!

Brad

038 (resized).JPG

035 (resized).JPG

#9448 2 years ago

That's beautiful. I could tell long ago it would be a fantastic, fun playing machine, even before I had the chance to do so. They just aren't around here that I know of, and I never saw one on location.

I have a schematic, but could really use the instruction cards. No hurry at all though.

#9449 2 years ago

Finally got a chance to get some stencils painted this past weekend. Anyone want to guess the final project?

IMG_2647 (resized).JPG

IMG_2652 (resized).JPG

#9450 2 years ago

Nice work !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 12151 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 244.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside