Topic Stats

• 12,115 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg
bar (resized).jpg
31762911-E7F3-4632-99E5-9968D7473A96 (resized).jpeg

There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 243.
#9351 2 years ago

Forgot to comment on embryonjohn .your game room is awsome looking man.good job.i would store your game though.from what im seeing.good restorable ones are getting scarce here already.thanks for pic.again looks awsome.

#9352 2 years ago

Finally got around to pull this out (Odin was the persuader),
and when I parked this many years back, it had the chunk missing
from the top left corner, but no other missing paint, and even more so,
no other crackage (?), but I did already have planned on having another glass
made..
Considering how mushroomed (that I just noticed today) the plunger is,
the playfield's very decent. Those trapped doors could very possibly make this
machine an interesting player..

IMG_0874 (resized).JPG

IMG_0872 (resized).JPG

IMG_0870 (resized).JPG

#9353 2 years ago

It is a shame about the corner of the backglass, but you are more than welcome to put it on a Greyhound bus to Ca, if you decide it's not to your liking.

Bus-Desert (resized).jpg

#9354 2 years ago

While the camera was out, and the Dolly (no 36-24-36) in my hands, I took a pic
of Swing Times head. Cab. was painted, but with a very nice playfield, I couldn't say
no for $50.00 The lower cab's someplace (not too far away)..

IMG_0876 (resized).JPG

#9355 2 years ago

You can send that one too.

#9356 2 years ago

While still moving some machines around, took a snap of Friendship's playfield.
I lost track after the first 4, but this has to be one of the first 10 machines that
I owned. I went through it back in the early 90s before I knew about buying new
rubbers, so I cleaned used rubbers that I got from an old local vender..
Someday I'll once again have her in a line up someplace..
Also a Loop the Loop that has a nice playfield. The coin door was held closed
with Froggers Tape when I got it in, so I left the somewhat dusty playfield glass
on..

IMG_0879 (resized).JPG

IMG_0877 (resized).JPG

#9357 2 years ago

Being the last one in another row and didn't have time to pull out
any other machines, I did a little climbing and too this pic..
Only knowing that it was in a different cabinet, and with very little clues,
(if it was "Name this Tune", it would be like 2 notes), JR cleverly guessed
it to be in a Skill Pool cabinet, and after looking it up, I believe him to
be right..

IMG_0875 (resized).JPG

#9358 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You can send that one too.

If Metal Detecting ever becomes my only hobby,
there will be a Greyhound Bus, Westernly bound, with standing
room only..

#9359 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Considering how mushroomed (that I just noticed today) the plunger is,
the playfield's very decent. Those trapped doors could very possibly make this
machine an interesting player..

Looks like a fun pin! One day I too will own a Williams wood rail.

#9360 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Looks like a fun pin! One day I too will own a Williams wood rail.

I'm also thinking it may be an enjoyful pin. 1 of (I believe) only 3 woodrail
Williams pins that I have, but looks maybe to be the one mostly not seen..
Here's another Head that I moved today. I had forgotten how heavy (for a head)
this one is..

IMG_0871 (resized).JPG

#9361 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I'm also thinking it may be an enjoyful pin. 1 of (I believe) only 3 woodrail
Williams pins that I have, but looks maybe to be the one mostly not seen..
Here's another Head that I moved today. I had forgotten how heavy (for a head)
this one is..

I have two 4 player Gottliebs I'm working on, the head units are insanely heavy!

#9362 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have two 4 player Gottliebs I'm working on, the head units are insanely heavy!

Nothing compared to a Bingo pin.

#9363 2 years ago

Does anybody have a list of the titles Williams made in the 60's with that drink & butts shelf in front of the coin door?

#9364 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Does anybody have a list of the titles Williams made in the 60's with that drink & butts shelf in front of the coin door?

Yeah, I want one of those too!

#9365 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Does anybody have a list of the titles Williams made in the 60's with that drink & butts shelf in front of the coin door?</blockquoteblockquote>
</blockquote

There are 10 listed on IPDB, 1960 and 1961.

#9366 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

1960: Black Jack, Darts, Jungle, Magic Clock, Music Man, Viking.
1961: Bo Bo, Caravelle, Highways, Hollywood.

#9367 2 years ago

IMG_8724 (resized).JPG

IMG_8587 (resized).JPG

#9368 2 years ago

Nice Strange World! Was the cabinet repainted or is that original?

#9369 2 years ago

Cabinet is original - a home use only machine with a neat story

One of the first game distributors here found himself in a bit of tax trouble in late seventies and called his accountant in for help - on leaving his shop the accountant mentioned it would be neat to have one of these 'pinballs' and a few days later found this one delivered to his home

Fast forward 40 yrs and the accountant called up the distributor buddy (now in his 90s I think) and asked if he would come collect it out of his basement !

I was glad my buddy spotted it and pointed me its way

I have it set up as hard as possible and it kicks my but most games !

A Good escape from the real world pressures of late .. I am sloooowwly working through a 'protector decal' for it along with some other pin projects and a '30s king pin resto - all of which are taking way way too long but will get done

I think strange world will get taken down for a bit and maybe buccaneer will take its place next

#9370 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Thanks for the info. It looks like a Music Man is the best on that list with 4 flippers and a disappearing pop bumper.

IMG_2011 (resized).PNG

#9371 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

They all have a simple two-tone paint job; white, and each game with it's own color. No graphics. Silver spatter too. Chromium steel legs which bolt directly into the extra heavy underside of the cabinet. My "Darts" had legs which were pretty rusty and crusty when I got it, and they came out looking like new.
One other thing to note on these is that the playfield glass is about 1/2" wider than standard size. Not terribly convenient.

#9372 2 years ago

Music Man is neat but seems to be one of the harder ones to find. I had Jungle and I think it was probably the most charming of the bunch. Pretty tough/fun game too. I have heard Highways may be the best player of them. Hard to know as just finding any mod cab Williams in a collection is kind of a challenge.

#9373 2 years ago

It was either 1967 or 1968. My Mom took me along with her to the Rexall Drug store in our small town, in rural Manitoba. In the back was a couple of men (could of been older teens), playing a pinball machine. Asked my Mom, "What is That!" She tried to avert my attention, but to no avail, I was very interested. One time we went there, no other customers were in the store. I got a Dime from her and went over to the pin, stuck the 10 cents into it, then promptly moved an ashtray full of butts off of the little shelf on the game, to a close table. Do remember that the play time was short, but that was it! Flashing lights, bells, and that shiny ball just whipping around all over. Pinball had me, "Hook, Line, and Sinker"

I can't remember the theme, but certainly that shelf was etched into memory. Fast forward to 1982 I was looking for a used EM in Vancouver. Went almost everywhere in Lower Mainland for a game. Saw one with that shelf, and legs that looked like they off of a dinning room table. Took the, 'How Heavy is it Test', it is heavier than most pins, strong and thick plywood construction. Didn't buy it, couldn't remember it's theme either. It was in good condition and most likely I should of bought it, it was less than $400.00.

From the internet somewhere that Williams cabinet is described as having an anti-vandalism design. It was impossible to kick the coin door, or the bottom of the game in the front. With an up swung kick.

#9374 2 years ago

Darcy .. which rural town in mb!?

And the Vancouver Williams may have been highways? I had a friend here who had a highways - who knows

Cheers Ron

#9375 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Took the, 'How Heavy is it Test', it is heavier than most pins, strong and thick plywood construction.

From the internet somewhere that Williams cabinet is described as having an anti-vandalism design. It was impossible to kick the coin door, or the bottom of the game in the front. With an up swung kick.

The styling of the 60s cabinets are solid as can be including the entire bottom panel. I can see how they would be hard to break into, or break period.

Quoted from gdonovan:

One day I too will own a Williams wood rail.

It wasn't that long ago I said one day I will own a woodrail, just happens that the first one that became available to me that I didn't have to ship was a Williams. That Rocket on the right and I still own it.

DSCN5465 (resized).JPG

#9376 2 years ago

For the mod cabs, Magic Clock is a real good one. Not just built like a tank with a place to set down a drink, but the overall theme and art package are very appealing. It is the design, rules, and game play that anchored this one to the ground.

DSCN5470 (resized).JPG

#9377 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For the mod cabs, Magic Clock is a real good one. Not just built like a tank with a place to set down a drink, but the overall theme and art package are very appealing. It is the design, rules, and game play that anchored this one to the ground.

Only ever saw one "Magic Clock", but it was in a pinball store and not set up.

#9378 2 years ago

This one gets played all the time, and is a real favorite during two player competition.

#9379 2 years ago

Bus Stop is functional!

Ordering elastics, a few coils and some other odds and ends this morning from PBR..

DSCN8131 (resized).JPG

DSCN8132 (resized).JPG

DSCN8133 (resized).JPG

DSCN8135 (resized).JPG

DSCN8134 (resized).JPG

#9380 2 years ago

Do you plan on keeping those metal posts
to the sides of the blue pop bumpers,
as they are not original standard parts of the PF layout.
Might give it more action around the pops
but again not as intended by designer.
Guess it may depend on how it plays and
how much damage to the playfield the screw holes made.
Bus Stop definitely has neat art package and layout otherwize.
A game one does not see too often,
I miss mine, now at the PPM.
The head's repaint job looks good, but how are the CAB sides repaint theme?

And what are those rubber posts to the sides of the left and right mushroom bumpers?
Are those plunger shooter rod tips re-purposed for a mini post?

#9381 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Do you plan on keeping those metal posts
to the sides of the blue pop bumpers,
as they are not original standard parts of the PF layout.
Might give it more action around the pops
but again not as intended by designer.
Guess it may depend on how it plays and
how much damage to the playfield the screw holes made.
Bus Stop definitely has neat art package and layout otherwize.
A game one does not see too often,
I miss mine, now at the PPM.
The head's repaint job looks good, but how are the CAB sides repaint theme?
And what are those rubber posts to the sides of the left and right mushroom bumpers?
Are those plunger shooter rod tips re-purposed for a mini post?

Still working on all those issues, machine finally came lurching to life this morning around 7:15AM when I finally tracked down the continuous scoring motor running issue. Then found that someone had taken apart the left bonus wheel and reassembled it wrong and fixed that. Fixed a bunch of lamp sockets. Main board pulled out and gone through the other day while hunting down issues.

Metal posts are going away but PF already has holes! Might installed small posts with no elastics across as "repair" for now.

Ideally will repaint unit in original colors and do away with greek diner theme.

DSCN8128 (resized).JPG

DSCN8121 (resized).JPG

#9382 2 years ago

My son and I are super excited about bringing home Gold Strike. The kid is getting so big, that at one point (on the stairs) he had ALL the weight, and he was just talking his ass off ~ throughout the whole move...
I got winded pretty quick from carrying the schematic

IMG_2017 (resized).JPG

#9383 2 years ago

You have a good kid.

#9384 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

My son and I are super excited about bringing home Gold Strike. The kid is getting so big, that at one point (on the stairs) he had ALL the weight, and he was just talking his ass off ~ throughout the whole move...
I got winded pretty quick from carrying the schematic

Is that the one that was on Craigslist in the Hartford, CT area?

#9385 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Is that the one that was on Craigslist in the Hartford, CT area?

IMG_2013 (resized).PNG

Yes

#9386 2 years ago

Just completed a full resto on a GTB 1976 New York which I acquired a couple of years ago. Machine generally was in reasonable condition but significant damage to underside of cab rear where it was apparently dragged along the ground. It has come up quite nice & plays well.

Limited production of 300 machines & is said to have been produced to celebrate the lifting of a pinball machine ban in New York. Although listed as an aab machine can by jones plug adjustment be converted to replay which I prefer.

Once again I am ecstatic with the performance of Evaporust-the legs on this machine had a degree of rust but an overnight soak & now like new. Along with using a parts washer (good quality water soluble concentrate) & limited use of a wire brush on a bench grinder I find I am using a tumbler less & less.

canon20072017 004 (resized).JPG

canon20072017 005 (resized).JPG

canon20072017 008 (resized).JPG

canon20072017 006 (resized).JPG

canon11072017 019 (resized).JPG

canon20072017 007 (resized).JPG

canon15072017 001 (resized).JPG

canon15072017 002 (resized).JPG

canon20072017 003 (resized).JPG

canon20072017 002 (resized).JPG

AAgr1 (resized).jpg

#9387 2 years ago

Wow! That is one clean and pretty machine. Super nice!
I've played Spirit of 76 many times, but never bumped into a New York. Thanks for sharing the pics.

#9388 2 years ago

I remember returning from a family vacation in Vermont in the summer of '76, walking into our local arcade, and seeing this game brand new.
At the time, I thought maybe they had produced games for each of the fifty states in celebration of the American bicentennial year.
"Spirit of '76", and "Pioneer" are of course the only other alternate versions.

#9389 2 years ago

Beautiful job on that rare machine. Nice view from the gameroom, too

#9390 2 years ago

Fantastic work Wayne! Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.

Brad

#9391 2 years ago

Super job on the "New York" Wayne! Did not know there was a Jones Plug for a "Replay" setting which is very cool indeed as I would have changed the plug to that setting as well. Love your sink work station too, hope to get one installed in my shop down the road. Enjoy!

Ken

#9392 2 years ago

Great job, it looks wonderful. Good luck with it.
J

#9393 2 years ago

Not something you see every day.

2017-07-20 14.07.12 (resized).jpg

#9394 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not something you see every day.

I do.

Darts is a great single player game and can be pretty tough to light one of the three specials if set up correctly. Fast and fun.

#9395 2 years ago

Can you have aab on a multi player Gottlieb em??

#9396 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Sure, there are a few. Pleasure Isle, Big Top and Lariat. Maybe more.

#9397 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hmm. Yep just checked ipdb. I didn't know that.

#9398 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Quoted from AlexF:

And there's also Hyde Park which I made a trade for and will be picking up before long..
I'm a little exited about this one. Mr. Pinball list it as the Italian Add-a-Ball version
of Mayfair (Has some Italian writing on the backglass), but the one that I'm acquiring
is an U.S. version and finding out not many around. IPDB is interesting in pics,
so once it's in, I'll be posting a few.. (T)

#9399 2 years ago

edit: answered above

#9400 2 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I remember there being a Pretty Baby in one of the Seaside Hts boardwalk arcades back in the late 1960's. I'd drop a nickle or two into it, but never more. Back then any money i dropped into a game mostly likely had Special When Lit feature so i could win and extend my playing time, which was all i cared about.Beating the machines on route for free replays was all that mattered to me. Today i feel the same way but not as important as it was when i played on route.

Vic, wouldn't it be funny if I owned the same game you had played all those years ago? The family I purchased mine from almost 10 years ago said it came from a boardwalk arcade in Seaside Heights. It is really fun as a 2 player game when we have guests. Best 2 player game I own i would say. Otherwise it doesn't get too much play by me, but my daughter loves it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside