Topic Stats

• 12,143 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by EM-PINMAN
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,956 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Steve the pirate (resized).jpg
DSC05777 (resized).JPG
DSC05776 (resized).JPG
DSC05779 (resized).JPG
DSC05772 (resized).JPG
DSC05774 (resized).JPG
DSC05773 (resized).JPG
20191127_173035_resized (resized).jpg
20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg

There are 12143 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 243.
#9251 2 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

where in america are you as if you're thinking of selling the flying circus

I hadn't gave it a thought on selling the Flying Circus, but since I
have Gottlieb 60s 2 Player Add-a-Ball machines, and you want it,
I may have, but unfortunately I'm on the East Coast..
I also like the Art Work of some of those 60s machines and liking
Circus/Carnival theme machines, I don't mind hanging onto the
Flying Circus. Another one some day I'm sure I'll be able to get to..

#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Would love to get a captain card to go next to my high hand. Played a captain at the nw pin show... totally different pin. Though the one I played had crappy flickering LED's in it. Incandescent bulbs all the way please, in rebuilt or new sockets.

How was the show this year? I miss not going this year -- that would've been a long trek!

#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Domino is a work in progress.. but getting there..

I really like how Gottlieb, for a short time, had the pricing and score cards sunken into the apron and gently illuminated with a bulb towards the bottom. Completely unnecessary, but it adds such a refined touch, I wish they continued it on more games.

Honestly, that'd be a nice feature to bring back on pinball machines. I know no one ever reads the score cards, but people go through so much effort to produce custom ones, it'd be nice to actually be able to see them on new games in a dark arcade/bar/gameroom.

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I really like how Gottlieb, for a short time, had the pricing and score cards sunken into the apron and gently illuminated with a bulb towards the bottom. Completely unnecessary, but it adds such a refined touch, I wish they continued it on more games.
Honestly, that'd be a nice feature to bring back on pinball machines. I know no one ever reads the score cards, but people go through so much effort to produce custom ones, it'd be nice to actually be able to see them on new games in a dark arcade/bar/gameroom.

Chicago Coin did something similar, at least for the ball count and game over.

Not as well done but a nice touch which stands out and it would be nice to see again.

DSCN7838 (resized).JPG

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

How was the show this year? I miss not going this year -- that would've been a long trek!

Pretty decent, as usual. I would like to attend the Texas show. Sounds like it's HUGE

#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Pretty decent, as usual. I would like to attend the Texas show. Sounds like it's HUGE

It has grown enormously over the years and is easily in the top three best shows nationally. Maybe top two! I'll be modest and not say #1... through several think so.

The variety and number of games is unmatched due to the fact that it is a BYOG event and thus no one knows what will be there from year to year.

#9257 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

This happened tonight - all 2's plus the match!

Just registered this score and match on my "Sky Line"!
I'll be bringing this game to Pintastic.

IMG_20170626_173218_938 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170626_173201_134 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170626_173134_839 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170626_173114_664 (resized).jpg

#9258 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Just registered this score and match on my "Sky Line"!
I'll be bringing this game to Pintastic.

Almost had a 6 on the replay counter too. Nice looking game.

#9259 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Almost had a 6 on the replay counter too. Nice looking game.

Thanks. Sorry the pictures came out so crappy. The camera on this phone apparently isn't very good.

#9260 2 years ago

The newest addition to the collection..

DSCN8061 (resized).JPG

DSCN8062 (resized).JPG

#9261 2 years ago

It's a fun game. Your backglass and center plastic both look to be in great condition. That's rare on this title.

#9262 2 years ago

Nice Full House ! I enjoy seeing those Western themed games. Looks like a fun layout too.

#9263 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

It's a fun game. Your backglass and center plastic both look to be in great condition. That's rare on this title.

It is a fun game- Its fairly speedy and you keep hammering away hoping to beat the dealer! My wife likes it which is something as she hates most 2 inch flipper games.

Plastics are in good shape and the back glass is very nice with some minor peel here and there. I spent about 2 hours touching up the problem areas and hitting it with triple thick when I was finished. The only area I did NOT touch was the fellow in the center with the red shirt. Typical massive red peel which you can get an idea of looking at the cuff of his shirt.

Would look like hell if I tried to brush it.

I want to give the triple thick a few days to setup proper and try masking and air brushing the area red and see how it comes out. I have a Domino I'm working on too, excited to see how it is going to come out, it needed a lot of work but less than the one already on the machine.

DSCN8055 (resized).JPG

#9264 2 years ago

Here is the Domino glass if anyone is interested in how it came out, wish I took a before shot. It needed several hours of work! I'm going to make a clear overlay decal for the red letters "DOMINO" and see how that works out.

DSCN8067 (resized).JPG

#9265 2 years ago

Newest project... this one has a tough road to go.

DSCN8070 (resized).JPG

#9266 2 years ago

STILL hunting for an EM.. is Hootenanny really that bad?! there is one for sale locally and was gonna go take a look at it. it's not rated very high on here tho, wondering how bad is it?!?

#9267 2 years ago

I just read Caucasian2step's review of Hootenanny. Wow, that was harsh!

His ratings are typically well-informed and even-handed. Occasionally, he is stuck playing a very poor example of a particular game.
For instance, he rated the SS version of 1977 Stern "Pinball" at only 5.858 but the EM version he had rated at 8.357. Same playfield, same rules, same chimes, but the SS version must have been in crappy shape or just set up too slow.

I have to say, Hootenanny really doesn't look like a lot of fun. Also, the Kijiji photos show a lot of wear around inserts and directly above the flippers. There have been better games posted recently up here for $1000 or less (Sky Jump, GIN, MIBS, On Beam, Big Ben, etc.. ). I would just keep hunting...

#9268 2 years ago

I also found a Jungle Queen on someone's front porch and knocked on their door to see if they'd sell it! no dice, haha! oh ya, I'll keep hunting

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

I just read Caucasian2step's review of Hootenanny. Wow, that was harsh!

I find it best to take some ratings with a a grain of salt.

Full House and Domino both have mediocre ratings and yet I enjoy playing both very much.

#9270 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I find it best to take some ratings with a a grain of salt.
Full House and Domino both have mediocre ratings and yet I enjoy playing both very much.

Agreed. I have both of these machines, and I really enjoy playing them. I have read many comments on Pinside that indicate that Domino is "underrated".

I bought a Full House project machine just so I could have something to work on. Once I got it going, I realized it was a crackerjack to play, and I did my best to restore the whole machine. I love having it in the lineup.

#9271 2 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

Agreed. I have both of these machines, and I really enjoy playing them. I have read many comments on Pinside that indicate that Domino is "underrated".
I bought a Full House project machine just so I could have something to work on. Once I got it going, I realized it was a crackerjack to play, and I did my best to restore the whole machine. I love having it in the lineup.

Domino sizzles with a standard amount of rake IMHO (down in the front, all the way up in the rear) and yellow dot coils. Once the ball gets down in the lower play area (which does not take long) the action factor cranks up in a big way trying to get it back up field or hitting the side targets. I have only been able to light the special 2 or 3 times at best.

I have owned both Klondike and Full House (both slot reel games) and hands down Full House is the better title. Klondike is positively boring in comparison to Full House. FH has some speed going for it that Klondike lacks and a certain "play it again factor" that is missing on Klondike. Trying to beat the dealers hand is far more exciting in FH than picking off a random bonus in Klondike.

#9272 2 years ago

Decided today to start putting LEDS in my Conquest.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

finished gottlieb fashion show

I just got mine finished up and now it is back in the corner where it belongs. Honestly I haven't found many 60s Gottlieb multiplayers that turn out to be keepers, let alone fun to play repeatedly, but this one is especially when two players are involved. It's in top tune now and taken off high tap and plays quite snappy.

DSCN5444 (resized).JPG

DSCN5445 (resized).JPG

#9274 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just got mine finished up and now it is back in the corner

"Nobody puts baby in the Corner!"

Looks like it has some interesting shots. That risky center roto value. Then there are those two roll through lanes with the same roto value. Could be challenging to compete, indeed!

#9275 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just got mine finished up and now it is back in the corner where it belongs. Honestly I haven't found many 60s Gottlieb multiplayers that turn out to be keepers, let alone fun to play repeatedly, but this one is especially when two players are involved. It's in top tune now and taken off high tap and plays quite snappy.

interested to note yours has had a centre post added between the flippers also.

#9276 2 years ago

"Trust the post", is our motto.

I've wondered about that as the post has the same aging and patina as all the other posts. At least it's not that two post jobby. I was going to remove it during the shop job and decided to wait and see. If the game gets too easy, which it's not, the post is gone.

Quoted from Darcy:

"Nobody puts baby in the Corner!"
Looks like it has some interesting shots. That risky center roto value. Then there are those two roll through lanes with the same roto value. Could be challenging to compete, indeed!

The corner is prime real estate under the light, and Fashion Show has an art package that deserves it. If it was only I that played it, it might be gone, but sometimes I let the patrons decide what stays. And it gets played.

#9277 2 years ago

As far as the one player, fully addictive pinball experience, the one next to it would be really hard to beat. I bet it took in a lot of nickels back in the day, and still does. Thank you Mr. Neyens.

DSCN5455 (resized).JPG

#9278 2 years ago

Hope you like my final EM restored cabinet....
She's the tallest of my 3 Gottlieb machines....
Playfield resto is next.
IMG_3833 (resized).JPG
IMG_3834 (resized).JPG
IMG_3835 (resized).JPG

#9279 2 years ago

Picked up in Bethlehem yesterday. great deal .liking the Williams reverse wedgehead's art packages a lot.

20170706_191655 (resized).jpg

20170706_191653 (resized).jpg

#9280 2 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

liking the Williams reverse wedgehead's art packages a lot.

Game play on the ones I have aren't too shabby either. Still haven't come across a Friendship 7 yet though. Congrats!

#9281 2 years ago

Just got back from joplin mo.found a full house.needs plastic set .and backglass.but playfield will clean up excellent. Will show pics of before and after.dont laugh too hard guys.ha ha.this is where i put my skills to work.i hope.ha ha we will see.

00606_cT26EAa3ixC_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00202_1cbH3oiAZD8_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#9282 2 years ago

My apologies if this has been asked before, but owning an EM Game has now happened for the first time in 25 years.

Are there any thoughts about adding color graphics, and or text to Award/instruction cards?

Sure, who cares, its paper to be replaced, but just wondering as it feels a bit sacrilegious to do.

Examples.

pasted_image (resized).png

#9283 2 years ago

Also been away from forum awhile as i got busy with this bowler.but its an E.M.thought i would post my progress.almost finished.bought same time i bought pro football but sold pin and kept bowler.ha ha .it was one really worth restoring.hate to see it in hands of cheapo or someone who will toss in corner.so i bought it also.wish me luck.will really need it prob for full house.ha ha.will show both when finished.and ya 18 score reels rebuilt and 5 step units in backbox.it was a chore and challenge.down hill stretch now.

0621171038 (resized).jpg

0614171327 (resized).jpg

#9284 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My apologies if this has been asked before, but owning an EM Game has now happened for the first time in 25 years.
Are there any thoughts about adding color graphics, and or text to Award/instruction cards?
Sure, who cares, its paper to be replaced, but just wondering as it feels a bit sacrilegious to do.
Examples.

Purely subjective. If the simple beauty of a classic isn't enough, some choose to personalize with some upgrades.
Ruined-Classic-Mustang (resized).png

Seriously though I don't think anyone would be offended by some custom instruction cards.

#9285 2 years ago

Dear old pinguy.sorry interupted.must of been writing when you forumed.in my opinion no.im custom painting some of my cabinets.(stencils to expensive or not available. ) i say whatever makes it better.original out the door.they are what they are now.(40_ 60 years old) and since everyone's using LED lighting.bg resto back glass .( no complaints).i like very much.do your own thing!. I hope thats what its about now .to get some machines back working even if we have to cheat a little or just want to dress it up a bit.anyone else?

#9286 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Seriously though I don't think anyone would be offended by some custom instruction cards.

Some of us wouldn't be offended if we could even find original or reproduction cards for some of our machines. For ones without, I have to guess what I'm supposed to do.

#9287 2 years ago

Thanks, I was being lazy, and didnt know if Drama was big here on this thread, or as it seems with a few pages,
a bit more humbleness for EM collectors!

I have only 2 red LEDs on the playfield, couldnt find anything I had that I liked for the playfield!

Likely its because of my summer memories of the game when new.

#9288 2 years ago

Art, I wouldn't mind some custom cards for Trade Winds that would fit the theme. My game has none and I get totally lost when playing it. Lost at sea.

http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2621

#9289 2 years ago

Looking at what i just dragged in.he he.ha ha.i hope that is my only problem. Seriously though. i will be doing custom paint although i would like to know is that machine on data site painted original.light green with white ,red or is it another color.anyone know.?i really like the green .white and red .mine was purple and black .no graphics.help!anyone.also nice to hear from you odin.i haven't been on forum lately.busy with projects.

#9290 2 years ago

Nice Game....

Im guessing you think I have more time than you, O-din...??

Well, your right! HA!

Retirement is nice, so are naps!

Seriously...You guys dont grab a back glass graphic, and throw it on the instructions, or are there just
no cards, and cant be found?

#9291 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nice Game....

Im guessing you think I have more time than you, O-din...??

Well, your right! HA!

I have plenty of time and play these games till all hours of the night.

Speaking of Trade Winds, it probably has the most on field specials of any game I own, but the object always seemed to be to get to Tahiti, which I haven't done in well over a year. It's a real tough game. But the other night, I was riding the current and got to Tahiti and more.

DSCN5446 (resized).JPG
DSCN5448 (resized).JPG
DSCN5451 (resized).JPG

#9292 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have plenty of time and play these games till all hours of the night.

One day, when Im on the other coast, Ill come knockin on your door for some games!

I play more after midnight as well.

#9293 2 years ago

Anytime. As soon as it cools off this evening, I'm back out in the garage for more fun and games. And it's about that time. I never know who's going to come straggling up the driveway.

#9294 2 years ago

after chasing this title for about 30 years FINALLY bought not 1 but 2 of them yesterday that have been in storage for 30+ years.

this is the better of the 2 and will get a ground up restore come late spring this year (i'm in australia) just have to finish some other games first.

cab is half painted black and missing a few playfield parts - looking to buy a complete set of plastics for this title

20170707_140531 (resized).jpg

20170706_170451 (resized).jpg

20170706_170531 (resized).jpg

#9295 2 years ago

Surf Side is a great game. The one I have was almost on it's way to Australia, but the guy put in a low offer so I just decided to keep it. It is a winter game around here and gets plenty of play.

One hour later ....

DSCN5458 (resized).JPG

#9296 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Surf Side is a great game.

Another one that has caught my eye the last few months, love the art package. The backglass has to be one of the best of the EM era right up there with Paul Bunyan

#9297 2 years ago

SWEET!

Been speeding around like a madman all morning and before taking a nap decided to run off another game on Domino. Been averaging around 4000 points per game with a high score of 8002 but I must have hit the upper kick holes 10 times this game and posted a new best of 9071! Closing in on that number one spot!

DSCN8101 (resized).JPG

DSCN8099 (resized).JPG

#9298 2 years ago

Domino always had Dimes on the glass and a line, when it was released!

I remember those summer days at Atlantic Beach, NY so well......

Heres a young Jersey Jack in the 60s, hitting on my Aunt and her daughter!

(Thats actually Silverpoint, one year we had the end Cabana..but JK on Jack

#9299 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Domino always had Dimes on the glass and a line, when it was released!
I remember those summer days at Atlantic Beach, NY so well......
Heres a young Jersey Jack in the 60s, hitting on my Aunt and her daughter!
(Thats actually Silverpoint, one year we had the end Cabana..but JK on Jack

Wished I had pics of the arcade that is now an Ace Hardware next to the Maitland overpass. It was called "Sunshine Playland" and was open for only one year, 1975. Arcade took up the north side, Lee & Rick's oyster bar on the south. There was also a miniature golf course, "Goony Golf" which closed in 1983.

#9300 2 years ago

I remember back in the late 1960's playing Domino at the corner candy store just 50ft from our home. Lots of quarters stacked on the playfield glass waiting to slide down the coin slot into the metal coin box. There was a older son of the store owner who was my mentor growing up. I was 12 years in 1968 when Domino first appeared and he must have been in his early 20's. what a great player he was. I can still see him flipping away at lit kickout holes while lit for special and sending the ball in at will.

Anyway i learned from the best and the Domino in my collection i scored 11,263 points on 7-18-03 with 10 replays Just recently i had another great game beating my Domino for 13 replays, but failed to beat my all time high score of 11,263 points.

9071 points is a great game. Glad to hear about it.

NEW PIC'S 147 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 12143 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside