IMG_9534.jpg
IMG_9537.jpg
IMG_9536.jpg
20240112_224157 (resized).jpg
20230522_161842 (resized).jpg
20230522_161836 (resized).jpg
20230522_154448 (resized).jpg
20230522_154506 (resized).jpg

There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 275.
#9051 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I had to show all of you this. What the heck is this?
fresno.craigslist.org link

Amish built Spin Out

#9052 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Another example of "Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

There looks to be a pretty nice Spin Out under all that wood.

#9053 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

There looks to be a pretty nice Spin Out under all that wood

I really wonder if this is just on top of the original cabinet or someone made a different cabinet? Im not paying $1200 to find out.

#9054 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I really wonder if this is just on top of the original cabinet or someone made a different cabinet? Im not paying $1200 to find out.

That thought crossed my mind as well. It could possibly be the equivalent of a phone case for a pinball.

#9055 6 years ago

Here is an EM fix, I wasn't expecting.

Lower Apron is loose, hmmm.. no lower brackets to attach the lower part of the apron.
20170516_162656_001 (resized).jpg20170516_162656_001 (resized).jpg

Oh never mind, I found them
20170516_164509 (resized).jpg20170516_164509 (resized).jpg
20170516_164525 (resized).jpg20170516_164525 (resized).jpg

Who knows how long ago this was done?

#9056 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

A woodworker who was bored?

#9057 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

That's what happens when a pin is moved from Otakus Grandmas basement and winds upstairs with the old china cabinets.... Stuff tends to get a little mixed up in an emergency move during a big flood. ( sorry couldn't resist )

#9058 6 years ago

Still searchin for my 1sy EM..What's your guys thoughts on a gottlieb Big Brave ?! Fun game?? Cable guy was here today and said there's been one in his basement his whole life. Told him to get his dad to phone me tomorrow and I will come take a look! I will take some cash and a dolly with me! Haha

#9059 6 years ago

Two player version of Big Indian. If it's in nice shape grab it.

#9060 6 years ago

Good solid game
with drop targets
with on playfield special feature.

#9061 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Still searchin for my 1sy EM..What's your guys thoughts on a gottlieb Big Brave ?! Fun game?? Cable guy was here today and said there's been one in his basement his whole life. Told him to get his dad to phone me tomorrow and I will come take a look! I will take some cash and a dolly with me! Haha

If the price and condition is right then grab it. I have never played one but it is a very popular game.

#9062 6 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

My son says, "who needs spinners when you have Vulcan's hall of fire?
We both love those 5 star rollovers when their lit for 1k each, never mind when it's 2X scoring
This game restores my faith in humanity. Can't stop playing it.

Dang, that's a clean looking Vulcan --- Nice!

#9063 6 years ago

I have a Quick Draw coming in soon with a new playfield, new metal, etc. I can't wait to show it! I'm still looking for Card Whiz, Fire Queen, Jumping Jack, Jungle Princess, and Outer Space for my collection. Does anyone have any of these 2 players in really nice or restored shape for sale?

#9064 6 years ago
#9065 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Well, it's more interesting than the brown latex paint or contact paper you usually see.

Check out this thread I started years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wackiest-custom-paintjob-and-mod-i-had-to-undo

#9066 6 years ago

That one actually came to mind when I saw the Spin Out. Both are awesomely weird.

#9067 6 years ago

Here is one I had in the past that someone had done their custom art work to it.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#9068 6 years ago

Kinda like that one in a sick way. At least it's better than many attempts. It's out there !

#9069 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Brought home my first EM, a Williams Gulfstream. I like the pointy people artwork and the game is pretty fun. I got it from a tavern a few blocks away that has been closed for quite a while. A lot of dampness/mildew to clean which is what I've been doing since I got it yesterday. I've killed off the musty smell significantly by cleaning and sanding inside the cabinet and just about any other area that isn't art or electronics. Yesterday, I could smell it as I entered the garage; now I have to be standing next to the cabinet. Gotta rebuild the flippers, chime box, and change it over to retro-looking warm white LED's. I've also waxed the playfield, sanded the lockdown receiver, and repainted the shooter housing since I took these pictures.

Always liked that game. One of the first pins I ever played. If you get a warm, sunny and dry day, leave the open cabinet outside in the sun (remove the playfield and backglass). A good sun bath does wonders removing the damp, musty smell. I've heard of using Febreze or packets of activated charcoal in the cabinet.
Also, if your not aware of it, this is where to go for parts for your game... pbresource.com. He has a rebuild kit for the Williams chime box. I used one on a "Blue Chip" I rebuilt last year, and the chimes sounded great after the rebuild.

#9070 6 years ago

Picked up a sweet roller coaster the other day ..It's absolutely a blast with some cool features and great artwork

IMG_20170511_200158083 (resized).jpgIMG_20170511_200158083 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170511_200118451 (resized).jpgIMG_20170511_200118451 (resized).jpg

#9071 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Also, if your not aware of it, this is where to go for parts for your game... pbresource.com. He has a rebuild kit for the Williams chime box. I used one on a "Blue Chip" I rebuilt last year, and the chimes sounded great after the rebuild.

Seriously? I have never had any luck making Williams chimes sound other than like a hammer hitting an aluminum bar...
Is there a secret I am missing?

#9072 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Seriously? I have never had any luck making Williams chimes sound other than like a hammer hitting an aluminum bar...
Is there a secret I am missing?

Yes, a rebuild kit from PBR. It remedies that typical clankiness of worm Williams chime units.

#9073 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yes, a rebuild kit from PBR. It remedies that typical clankiness of worm Williams chime units.

Even when they were new they sounded bad. Hammer hitting an Anvil.

I have a Gottlieb chime box waiting to go into a Gold Rush when I find a good one to buy.

#9074 6 years ago

William's chime assemblies were constructed on the cheap.

#9075 6 years ago

Williams chime boxes definitely don't sound as musical/clear as Gottlieb ones, even in "new" condition. That said, they don't sound too bad at all after a good rebuild and cleaning. I swapped the disgusting single-chime box on Spanish Eyes for a 3-bar Gottlieb on Spanish Eyes and it sounds magical

#9076 6 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

Williams chime boxes definitely don't sound as musical/clear as Gottlieb ones, even in "new" condition. That said, they don't sound too bad at all after a good rebuild and cleaning. I swapped the disgusting single-chime box on Spanish Eyes for a 3-bar Gottlieb on Spanish Eyes and it sounds magical

Our challenge machine, perchance?

#9077 6 years ago

My 1969 Bally Cosmos arrived about a week ago. It arrived D.O.A. Someone had installed a toggle switch and it broke sometime during the 2300 mile trek from Quebec, Canada to Dallas, Texas. I replaced the toggle switch in the meantime until I can undo the hack. I have a new cord ready to install. I went to power up the game and the original Hold Relay coil is gone and in its place is some kind Williams coilwith a zip tie holding the coil in the open position. This hack is not working so I have to hold the left button and keep it held in just to have lights come on. Steve at PBR said there were many ways to get past a broken or missing hold relay coil. On June 1st I have a local guy coming out to replace the cord and reverse a few hacks and hopefully install an N.O.S. or old parts coil.

The Bally coil I need is "KKN-332" it is also found under parts # "C-7880-332" If you have one from a spare parts game or a rewound one or access to one somewhere then please let me know ASAP. In the meantime here is my big reveal with me holding in the left flipper button so I could light up the machine. Once I get this game up and fully running then I will post a video on here and youtube.

IMG_2025 (resized).JPGIMG_2025 (resized).JPG

IMG_2026 (resized).JPGIMG_2026 (resized).JPG

IMG_2027 (resized).JPGIMG_2027 (resized).JPG

IMG_2028 (resized).JPGIMG_2028 (resized).JPG

IMG_2029 (resized).JPGIMG_2029 (resized).JPG

IMG_2030 (resized).JPGIMG_2030 (resized).JPG

IMG_2031 (resized).JPGIMG_2031 (resized).JPG

IMG_2032 (resized).JPGIMG_2032 (resized).JPG

IMG_2033 (resized).JPGIMG_2033 (resized).JPG

IMG_2034 (resized).JPGIMG_2034 (resized).JPG

#9078 6 years ago

This game really evokes a Seventies Disney world Future-world nostalgic memory! Something about the Art has been done really well to capture "That certain period" when Space Exploration was all the rage. Can't really explain it.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:On June 1st I have a local guy coming out to replace the cord and reverse a few hacks and hopefully install an N.O.S. or old parts coil.

Shoot, I didn't know you didn't do the work yourself, if you were nearer I would be glad to help.

#9079 6 years ago

Playfield art is very cool. Looks really nice.

#9080 6 years ago

Very cool Rat. You can temporarily adjust a couple switches closed on the hold relay to get it up an running. If you're anxious to play in the meantime.

#9081 6 years ago

It looks great! Very cool theme. Congratulations.

Bruce

#9082 6 years ago

I've rebuilt multiple Williams chime units using PBR parts. They still are clanky. The only fix is installing a Gottlieb unit in them. I did that with my Grand Prix.

The problems are the box itself, which is an open design where Gottlieb's is closed, and the attachment design for the bars. On this one, Williams did a bad job. Bally chimes are even better. You basically can't make a Williams sound good, and you can't make it sound anything like a Gottlieb.

#9083 6 years ago

Rat, be careful with those mini rollover buttons. They have a a tendency to stick, and they are easy to break. They are NLA from PBR. I'm sure you can get them from someone on here but they are problematical. I had them on Odds and Evens and they were not a lot of fun to deal with.

#9084 6 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Rat, be careful with those mini rollover buttons. They have a a tendency to stick, and they are easy to break. They are NLA from PBR. I'm sure you can get them from someone on here but they are problematical. I had them on Odds and Evens and they were not a lot of fun to deal with.

I will keep that in mind.

Quoted from AlexF:

Very cool Rat. You can temporarily adjust a couple switches closed on the hold relay to get it up an running. If your anxious to play in the meantime.

The problem is there isn't a hold relay at all. just some williams relay sticking in there.

#9085 6 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Cosmos lists them on their playfield parts lists as C-387-6a. You can get a repro rollover that is C-587-6 which appears to be the same.

Swinks and Scott Denissi both have them listed at shapeways. Not sure if they are identical or not. In addition to white you can get them in a bunch of other different colors.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/X9SK45SSM/bally-pinball-rollover-button-c-587-6-ss-em

https://www.shapeways.com/product/EXC4B3BCA/bally-rolover-button

#9086 6 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Bally chimes are even better. .

I have 2 70's Ballys with chimes here, both sound... poor. Even after going through both boxes.

#9087 6 years ago

Left Saturday morning on a 18 hour, 920 mile round trip to Warren, OH to pick up a 1969 Bally Op Pop Pop and then to Bradford, PA to pickup a 1967 Bally Surfers and then back home this morning at 4:30 am.

Won the Op Pop Pop on eBay Thursday from seller Rob Berk (Expo organizer). Game was said to be operational (have not set it up to confirm), has some missing paint and flaking on BG, playfield looks good (but I can clean it better), 2 chipped plastics and solid but faded cabinet. Good candidate for a re-stencil but I'm not sure that this game is a keeper...will probably re-sell or trade for another Bally zipper: Bazaar, Rocket III, Cosmos or maybe Fireball + cash. Any takers or offers ??

More excited about Surfers. Mine is serial number 1713 and Surfers is the 2nd lowest produced Bally zipper flipper behind Joker and has some neat features: a third flipper near the top of the playfield, a left outlane kickback, right outlane gate and carryover bonus on the playfield and backbox. Game was in the seller's family for 30+ years but kept in a musty basement. Unfortunately, there is some flaking on the backglass. I have never triple-thicked a glass but this is one that needs it. May even look to BGresto. The playfield was filthy but looks to clean up nice. Planking is apparent but the cleaning is helping it to lessen the impact. Typical wear around the pops, top shooter arch and slight wear at top kickout. No flipper drag or other wear. Plastics look good with only one break that I missed when looking the first time. Mechanics look good with no hacks. The Add-a-ball relay kit is present. Game lights up and serves a ball and scores (I think) but pressing the flippers activates the tilt. Noticed that the 50 volt fuse under the pf is blown. Cabinet cleaned up a little but the basement humidity has caused the paint and plywood to swell and there is lots of flaking especially on the head. I have re-stenciled cabinets before and this one would be easy. The "chop-top" playfield glass frame has chrome finish flaking and rusting. I know the frame can be dis-assembled and I assume re-chromed? Has anyone done this and can recommend a plater? I assume the person that took over Mike Chestnut's service? Here are some pics:

IMG_4051 (resized).JPGIMG_4051 (resized).JPG

IMG_4052 (resized).JPGIMG_4052 (resized).JPG

IMG_4055 (resized).JPGIMG_4055 (resized).JPG

IMG_4058 (resized).JPGIMG_4058 (resized).JPG

IMG_4059 (resized).JPGIMG_4059 (resized).JPG

IMG_4060 (resized).JPGIMG_4060 (resized).JPG

IMG_4066 (resized).JPGIMG_4066 (resized).JPG

IMG_4067 (resized).JPGIMG_4067 (resized).JPG

IMG_4068 (resized).JPGIMG_4068 (resized).JPG

IMG_4069 (resized).JPGIMG_4069 (resized).JPG

IMG_4070 (resized).JPGIMG_4070 (resized).JPG

IMG_4072 (resized).JPGIMG_4072 (resized).JPG

IMG_4054 (resized).JPGIMG_4054 (resized).JPG

#9088 6 years ago

Both are cool pins !

#9089 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My 1969 Bally Cosmos arrived about a week ago.

Hey Rat Tomago, have you figured out the POD scoring on the backglass?

#9090 6 years ago

Always wanted.a.Surfers there was one on Craigslist a couple of years ago that I tried to get for 600 but the guy never responded. It was only on for less than an hour too... Some people. Well anyway. Good score. Long drive. Ughhh.

#9091 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I have yet to play a game on it. I need to order a Hold Relay coil for 30 dollars from flippers.com on Canada. They are not taking any orders until May26th. So the shitty wait continues to play game number one while this beautiful game stares me in the face.

#9092 6 years ago

BallyPin...I am super jelly of the Surfers machine. One day I will own one.

#9093 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I believe that once you light one or more of of the three planets than a shot to left upper saucer gives you an orbit (back box animation of ball orbiting the earth). For each orbit you do you get a pod.

#9094 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I need to order a Hold Relay coil for 30 dollars from flippers.com on Canada.

It is no help to you, today (3rd or 4th Monday in May) is Victoria Day in Canada a statutory Holiday. John has been in business a long time, he does close on certain weeks in the year. He does post this on his web site, and he is also a Pinsider.

#9095 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is no help to you, today (4th Monday in May) is Victoria Day in Canada a statutory Holiday. John has been in business a long time, he does close on certain weeks in the year. He does post this on his web site, and he is also a Pinsider.

John Jukes (flippers.com) is also in the process of moving to a new building, might also be why the delay in taking orders.

#9096 6 years ago

Rat - if you need any assistance with John at flippers just let me know as I live here in Vancouver too FYI

Regards Ron

Darcy how are you liking the game playing on your asymmetrical wedge head?

#9097 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

John Jukes (flippers.com) is also in the process of moving to a new building, might also be why the delay in taking orders.

Holy Crap! Moving his business, that would be a huge undertaking. Will have to check this out. Thanks for the update.

#9098 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Cosmos lists them on their playfield parts lists as C-387-6a. You can get a repro rollover that is C-587-6 which appears to be the same.
Swinks and Scott Denissi both have them listed at shapeways. Not sure if they are identical or not. In addition to white you can get them in a bunch of other different colors.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/X9SK45SSM/bally-pinball-rollover-button-c-587-6-ss-em
https://www.shapeways.com/product/EXC4B3BCA/bally-rolover-button

Quoted from EMsInKC:

If the C-587-6 does not work and there is a slight difference, happy to tweak the design to suit what you need and make it available for you

#9099 6 years ago

Picked this one up a week or so ago just got it set up only a couple of bugs to work out along with taking the LED's out

4MBC (resized).jpg4MBC (resized).jpg

#9100 6 years ago

Picked this up a few months back non working. Finally got it cleaned up and running. Not in as nice of condition as I'd like but the price was right.

IMG_0421 (resized).JPGIMG_0421 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/182?hl=deerlakes6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.