Topic Stats

• 12,210 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,005 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200123_172231 (resized).jpg
20200123_172219 (resized).jpg
E82288B3-510E-48C9-A913-281C5CBC2BAE (resized).jpeg
20200118_141337_resized (resized).jpg
D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg
gm5 (resized).jpg
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9421 (resized).jpg
IMG_9354 (resized).jpg
IMG_9349 (resized).jpg
IMG_9427 (resized).jpg

There are 12210 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 245.
#851 6 years ago

Triple Action appears to have the widest out lanes I have ever seen. I would hope it is set for a minimum of 5 balls, per play.

Seeing some older games here on this Topic is great. Keep posting pictures. Thanks.

#853 6 years ago

Triple Action appears to have the widest out lanes I have ever seen. I would hope it is set for a minimum of 5 balls, per play.
Seeing some older games here on this Topic is great. Keep posting pictures. Thanks.

Not so fast my friend!!

image.jpg

#854 6 years ago

Yes, I've got it set for 5 balls Wow, those out lanes are huge!

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Not so fast my friend!!

yea, designers were unkind in those days, mr. corso...

#856 6 years ago

I would have to add the following. Triple Action has no moving posts. The Jive Time has 2 moving posts. Also how does the West Gate work? does it block the ball from draining down the outlane? Or does the ball go through then bounce out?.

Had a friend with a Strike Zone. When the post was up, it would be easily sent back down by the ball triggering the down post. Hair pulling fun, I am telling you!

#857 6 years ago

Nothing like a good drain-monster...

#858 6 years ago

I dont know for sure on the left gate. It never made sense to me.

#859 6 years ago

Finished restoring my Flipper Clown, Needs debugging but the Clown is happier than it's been in probably 4 decades.
IMG_3021.JPGlit-clown.jpg newhome.jpg

#860 6 years ago

Here's my latest line up revision. Take a look at how much taller Jet Spin's backglass is. Two inches to be exact, gives a lot more room for the art which usually suffers on a four player machine.

Hot Shot is next to be worked on, then my Duotron mess up (not pictured).

2013-09-23_10.48.56.jpg

#861 6 years ago

With lights...

2013-09-23_10.53.53S.jpg

#862 6 years ago

Nice collection Jason!

#863 6 years ago

awesome lineup Jason!!

#864 6 years ago

Ya can't beat a bunch of Gottlieb em's in all different shapes and sizes - nice. Makes me want that Abra back I sold........

#865 6 years ago

Interesting that TA is not as high. I knew they made the four player back box larger, but didn't know there were some that were different..... Nice line up! Gottlieb were such quality games, still going strong decades later.

#866 6 years ago

Jason that collection is amazing. They look so nice a pretty with the lights on don't they? I love my Abra-Ca-Dabra and would never part with it. That picture makes me want a Jet Spin.

#867 6 years ago

RAT!!! where did you go? How have you been? I definitely noticed your absence and am glad to see you back. Got me an ACD while you were gone. Still in transit (sort of) but I own it! Really looking forward to playing.

#868 6 years ago

Thanks Rat, ya I gotta say that Jet Spin is my dream EM machine. The larger backglass is so evident when standing in front of it and it's also the only machine (and Super Spin) with a Vari and Roto target in the same cab.

#869 6 years ago

Super/Jet Spin is a great game. I'd dare to say the best late EM, non-drop target, multi-player Gottlieb pins! The alley shot up the left side, sometimes lit for special, the extra ball targets, it's got everything, except drop targets!

#870 6 years ago

^^^ cool..i'm picking up a real nice, non running one this saturday!

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

^^^ cool..i'm picking up a real nice, non running one this saturday!

Congrats! I hear nice EM's are fairly hard to find for a reasonable price Down Under.

#872 6 years ago

moved a few thing around today so I took a few pictures
the garage

20131004_181225.jpg 20131004_181236.jpg

#873 6 years ago

sing along second atlantis and volley folded up

20131004_181249.jpg

#874 6 years ago

basement

20131004_184903.jpg 20131004_184910.jpg

#875 6 years ago

more

20131004_184916.jpg 20131004_184944.jpg

#876 6 years ago

Nice set of Gotts, boilerman. How bout a few Bally/Williams.

DSCN1857.JPG

#877 6 years ago

Now you guys are just showing off... and I like it. Very nice lot of machines there.

#878 6 years ago

drool...

#879 6 years ago

Highly jealous! Nice collection you guys have there.

#880 6 years ago

Wedgehead-mania!

#881 6 years ago

Nice collection!

What are your top 3 right now?

#882 6 years ago

my top 3 3" flippers
1- el dorado
2-atlantis
3 Jacks open
my top 3 2" flippers
1- slick chick
2-north star
3-kings & Queens
but every other one I have are very good also. IMO every wedgehead gottlieb made was a great player with the exception of a hand full ie. road race

#883 6 years ago

Nice Boilerman,
You mean you wouldn't pay this for the rare AAB version?!
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Stock Car Vintage Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

my top 3 3" flippers
1- el dorado
2-atlantis
3 Jacks open
my top 3 2" flippers
1- slick chick
2-north star
3-kings & Queens
but every other one I have are very good also. IMO every wedgehead gottlieb made was a great player with the exception of a hand full ie. road race

North Star is so popular? Why? Heard it is a lot of luck but lots of specials? Never played so don't have an opinion except I want to play one!

#885 6 years ago

road race /stock car was the worst wedgehead IMO they must of let the janitor design that one because it has 0 fun factor.
North star is not luck just good shots. I get more good games on north star than I get slick chick! SC kicks my arse 8 out of 10 times but it lets you get so close that it pulls you back. you say just one more game. that to me a sign of a great game. not to easy but just hard enough.

#886 6 years ago

I'd love a North Star for the art alone.

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

IMO every wedgehead gottlieb made was a great player with the exception of a hand full ie. road race

Ya I gotta say the single players were done just right, I guess being single player they were able to create more complex rules vs the multiplayer version. I know with my 4 player GTB's I had to choose very specific games that had the same fun level. Many multiplayer GTB's were a little too simple. I know with Target Alpha if it wasn't for the extra ball award which I just love it would have been a bust compared to the targets staying down as in ELD. But for me having the whole family on one game fighting it out was very important.

#888 6 years ago

"It's more fun to compete"

#889 6 years ago

Been away for a while. Thought i would join in again with posting some pics of my some of my EM pins. Now all in storage, since i gave up lease on my workshop gameroom (over 2 yrs ago, since i was moving to Scotland). EMs are my favs though some 80's S/S pins are dear to me also. Now back from UK and looking to move up north to Ore/Wash to escape heat of Bakersfield. Hopefully find home with basement, that i can set up a few dozen pins, then also find commerical building i can buy to store and/or set up rest of my collection. Hate having to pay storage fees. But i need to downsize regardless. If I find a house on property, maybe build my own large 4000-6000sqft workshop to accomplish same.

DSCF0381.jpg DSCF0382.jpg DSCF0383.jpg DSCF0384.jpg DSCF0388.jpg

Post edited by pinwiztom : spellcheck and addition

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Now back from UK and looking to move up north to Ore/Wash to Escape heat of Bakersfield.

Wow, that is quite the site but just a small sample judging by your 300+ pin count. Good luck on the move and look us up when you get settled. If you need a hand let us know.

#891 6 years ago

could spend a month easy playing all those! I see some great titles in there. every pin head I know wish they had more room, you can never have enough

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

could spend a month easy playing all those! I see some great titles in there. every pin head I know wish they had more room, you can never have enough

i might never leave if i got in there...

even if used my whole house, i couldn't fit 316 machines.... i'd be hard pressed to get even 50 in here...

#893 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone for sharing these pics. Brings back some great memories of playing these in the early 1980's when they were still in arcades and pizza joints. Great thread!

I hope I bump into a few classics like these at the York show this coming week.

#894 6 years ago

Love the reverse line up!

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

my top 3 3" flippers
1- el dorado
2-atlantis
3 Jacks open
my top 3 2" flippers
1- slick chick
2-north star
3-kings & Queens

I like the wedge head rut you are stuck in!

Mike O.
Team-EM

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

the garage

Nice wedgehead collection boilerman.....

You have a few titles I would like to have but don't have the space. I could put some in the barn but the mice would want to play them )

#897 6 years ago

Some recent acquisitions

My first small-flipper wedgehead
em1.jpg

2 for 1 deal.. the Skylab has a great backglass but unfortunately, both machines had been
cannibalized by an operator. I think I can rebuild the Sky Jump, but the Skylab is missing too
many pieces
em2.jpg

Fast Draw #2... pretty nice machine but has some very odd mods done to the insides - I'm still trying to figure out what they did but not your average hack.. there was an alarm system put in, but there's also stuff hooked into other areas of the machines' wiring.
em3.jpg

#898 6 years ago

Also...

Lawman I picked up for a friend.. rebuilding the score motor gear box = fun
em4.jpg

More EMs.. fixing up the Red Baron for a friend, and been looking for a 4MBC for a long time and am very psyched to finally get one.

em5.jpg

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

the garage

Curious why there are playfields on the wall. Future projects or .....?

#900 6 years ago

I watched your video of Lawman, looks to be in good original condition. I wish one of those was around here! I want a Lawman!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
€ 3.70
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, IA
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 12210 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside