IMG_9534.jpg
IMG_9537.jpg
IMG_9536.jpg
20240112_224157 (resized).jpg
20230522_161842 (resized).jpg
20230522_161836 (resized).jpg
20230522_154448 (resized).jpg
20230522_154506 (resized).jpg

There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 275.
#8901 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I had this follow me home from Allentown this weekend. Looks and plays great. I played a nicely restored one one at a show a few years ago and have been looking for one ever since. Glad to finally get one.
Has a few cracks in the glass though. If anyone has a lead on a mint one or someone who has already repro'ed it let me know.

That's a really nice machine and on my short list of games to search out. I don't have any pin money or I would buy the one that is on pinside for sale in AZ.

#8902 6 years ago

Who is making those films for the BG's

I need Bally See Saw done.....

#8903 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

That's an interesting method of a backglass. I am curious to know if my Cosmos will have either this film method or a BGresto glass. I do know that my glass is not original. I guess I will find out sometime this week. STI update shows the pin being here by the 12th. It all depend on customs at the border right now. It should be clearing customs soon and on the way to Texas.

BG restro actually had a Cosmo glass ready to go at the Ann Arbor show this weekend. He had three bins of glass for sale. Some with minor imperfections, so he had them discounted. You should contact him.

#8904 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

BG restro actually had a Cosmo glass ready to go at the Ann Arbor show this weekend. He had three bins of glass for sale. Some with minor imperfections, so he had them discounted. You should contact him.

I contacted BGresto about requesting a Cosmos backglass but he never answered my email. That's when I went searching for an alternative. The place I got my film from was http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html He doesn't have a very big selection though.

I would have loved to get my glass from BGresto since they already have that art file in stock but if they don't want your money what can you do. It frustrating to hear people say how nice BGresto looks but then when you try to order one you get ignored.

tumblr_mnkuaqCf7I1rkvl19o1_400.giftumblr_mnkuaqCf7I1rkvl19o1_400.gif

#8905 6 years ago

I might send SkyRocket to Bgresto. Can you do it and also get your original back or do they print over it?

#8906 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I might send SkyRocket to Bgresto. Can you do it and also get your original back or do they print over it?

They apparently send it back now, they used to scrape it off (Pinside through a bitchfest at me when I asked about it as I was complaining about the people who send nice glasses to be scraped off not the people who do it but of course they got it backwards lol)

Please do!

I brought mine to Pinfest for the first Skyrocket ever at Pinfest and never got the chance to seal the glass but it all stayed intact and at the very end a friend dropped the machine really hard against the feet against the concrete floor on accident due to an old pinball cart without dampening and it knocked a giant piece of the paint off. Heartbroken, but what are ya gonna do. I'll fix up the original one day but a repro would be nice for now.

#8907 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Who is making those films for the BG's
I need Bally See Saw done.....

anyone ?

#8908 6 years ago

Page 178
Post #8856

#8910 6 years ago

OK lets stir up this EM pot, I have acquired a new to me Gottlieb. It is not home yet, I'll pick it up tonight or tomorrow, but I will leave a few clues for you guys to guess what it is. Will most definitely post a few photos when I have it in the house.

Single Player, low production, assembled after 1974, flippers are not symmetrical.

#8912 6 years ago

Here are mine....IMG_20140930_204621340 (resized).jpgIMG_20140930_204621340 (resized).jpgDSCN6575 (resized).JPGDSCN6575 (resized).JPGIMG_20160523_213057004 (resized).jpgIMG_20160523_213057004 (resized).jpg2014-05-05_00-15-14_784 (resized).jpg2014-05-05_00-15-14_784 (resized).jpg

DSCN5608 (resized).JPGDSCN5608 (resized).JPG

#8913 6 years ago

Jacks Open may be one of the most underrated games, imo. It would be the last single player Gtb to leave my house.

#8914 6 years ago
Quoted from njPinWiz:

Here are mine....

Does that KOD have LED lamps in it? It looks like it from the colors.

Bruce

#8915 6 years ago

Picked up a few projects!

IMG_1216 (resized).JPGIMG_1216 (resized).JPG

IMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPG

IMG_1213 (resized).JPGIMG_1213 (resized).JPG

IMG_1208 (resized).JPGIMG_1208 (resized).JPG

IMG_1221 (resized).JPGIMG_1221 (resized).JPG

IMG_1205 (resized).JPGIMG_1205 (resized).JPG

#8916 6 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

That Hi Deal looks like it will clean up nicely. Very fun game. I'm loving mine.

#8917 6 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Picked up a couple of years back & very nice GTB Sure Shot (30k plays). I have only just got around to doing a partial service-strip & wax pf & service motor board. After rescuing a number of beaters it was great to work on a nice original machine. Only issue was a broken brake switch on the score motor but it had not previously effected gameplay & a few faulty lamp holders. Machine plays very nice.

Very nice. Congrats!

#8918 6 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Ranchoooooo! And a Far Out/Out of Sight. And a... "Pinball"?

#8919 6 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Lots of nice titles in that warehouse. Is he selling them all?

#8920 6 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

From an op's warehouse in Iowa to my barn in Illinois to your house in Minnesota.

Has Dirtflipper seen them yet?

#8921 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

From an op's warehouse in Iowa to my barn in Illinois to your house in Minnesota.
Has Dirtflipper seen them yet?

Yeah crazy story! No, he hasn't seen them yet. Can't speak on the other pins and if they are all gone or not, any insight Hoov?

#8922 6 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Yeah crazy story! No, he hasn't seen them yet. Can't speak on the other pins and if they are all gone or not, any insight Hoov?

Of 31 to start, about 13 left. Going fast......

#8923 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Of 31 to start, about 13 left. Going fast......

I'm relieved you're not closer. Trying to be good and there are some tempting deals still left.

#8924 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'm relieved you're not closer. Trying to be good and there are some tempting deals still left.

I have a guy that will go $50 a pin and 50c a mile if you want them shipped. Cargo is insured. I have worked with him on three pins now I have bought from Hoov, great guy. Would only be $150 in shipping for you roughly. PM me if you want details.

#8925 6 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

I have a guy that will go $50 a pin and 50c a mile if you want them shipped. Cargo is insured. I have worked with him on three pins now I have bought from Hoov, great guy. Would only be $150 in shipping for you roughly. PM me if you want details.

That is a great price on shipping but I have to stay the course. I'm sure some others here would take it into consideration.

#8926 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Haha

Alex, I'm still kicking myself for not buying your Majorettes

Timing wasn't right

#8927 6 years ago

Pride of the fleet baby!

vol2 (resized).JPGvol2 (resized).JPG

vol3 (resized).JPGvol3 (resized).JPG

#8928 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

They apparently send it back now, they used to scrape it off (Pinside through a bitchfest at me when I asked about it as I was complaining about the people who send nice glasses to be scraped off not the people who do it but of course they got it backwards lol)
Please do!
I brought mine to Pinfest for the first Skyrocket ever at Pinfest and never got the chance to seal the glass but it all stayed intact and at the very end a friend dropped the machine really hard against the feet against the concrete floor on accident due to an old pinball cart without dampening and it knocked a giant piece of the paint off. Heartbroken, but what are ya gonna do. I'll fix up the original one day but a repro would be nice for now.

A glass as bad as that, you should "seal" with Mylar as soon as you get it - literally before you even set it up. That's what I did with the Volley I just bought. Just cut squares of mylar as large as you are comfortable enough working with and it should be very simple.

I don't mess around with triple thick anymore, it's pointless when Mylar is cheaper, easier to work with, faster, and won't give you lung cancer.

#8929 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Haha
Alex, I'm still kicking myself for not buying your Majorettes
Timing wasn't right

I'm kicking myself for not keeping it. Of all the games I have had I think that was my favorite. That is saying a lot as I consider myself primarily a Williams fan.

#8930 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Sold Stn Prospector, Bly Sky Kings yesterday

#8931 6 years ago

Fully original CQ 1977 Gottlieb Team One. Immaculate playfield. (Scratches are in glass)

Had some extra dough from a hard-work month of April and from a game I flipped so brought this beautiful add-a-ball version of Abra Ca Dabra home from PinFest, among others. The big note is always "worse art - better play" when compared to Abra, but I don't mind the art nearly as much as others. Especially knowing the significance behind this title. Hello beautiful.

Across the flea market I heard this game get stuck in a brand-new reset loop, and I also knew the guy, so I jumped in quick and after some quick inspections (was WOW'd - pun not entirely intended), I got the game for my usual happy price. Great seller and highly recommended, very good guy.

IMG_2043 (resized).JPGIMG_2043 (resized).JPGIMG_2048 (resized).JPGIMG_2048 (resized).JPG

#8932 6 years ago

Ok I'll bite. What's the significance behind the name team one?

#8933 6 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Ok I'll bite. What's the significance behind the name team one?

Sorry for the confusion - I meant by the game itself, referred to as "title" (game, meaning all Team One machines) rather than the title/name literally. It's known to be a great player since it's the AAB of Abra just with a totally different theme, rather than any old sports pinball machine. Gordon Morison did have a way of making sports themes very tolerable, I love the artwork on 1973 Pro Football as well even though I'm not a sports fan.

#8934 6 years ago

If you got the game for your" usual happy price" you stole it. Thats a very nice game!

#8935 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pride of the fleet baby!

So if a patch of wood is showing lower play field then it doesn't have the MSD construction? Reason I ask is there is / was a Volley with the wires clipped off from the head for sale locally.Thought this to be a poor Title.

#8936 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

from a game I flipped so brought this beautiful add-a-ball version of Abra Ca Dabra home from PinFest

I hope a whole game and not just a head, Ha-Ha..
Many years back, I worked off my 2nd pin from an old Vender (and Friend)
and it was a Team One. Did the same for my 1st pin (Grand Prix) and my 3rd
(Gold Strike) from the same Vender not having a clue what type of players they
were. Turned out I worked off 3 winners..

#8937 6 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So if a patch of wood is showing lower play field then it doesn't have the MSD construction? Reason I ask is there is / was a Volley with the wires clipped off from the head for sale locally.Thought this to be a poor Title.

No idea about the construction.

It's a great game though, don't know where you heard it sucked.

#8938 6 years ago

Either a Topic here or comments on the Database. Some play-fields were made out of particle board (painted lower) and some the old fashioned way with good Ply (Natural).

#8939 6 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No idea about the construction.
It's a great game though, don't know where you heard it sucked.

If the wooden areas are painted over (usually in white) it's a particleboard playfield. This includes Volley, the Volley prototype (different playfield art), Big Hit, and Jacks Open. All (besides maybe the Volley prototype) were not defined to one type - the production runs for each were a mix between particleboard and plywood, it's hit or miss.

In my opinion Volley is a good game, and I thought it was regarded as one of the better ones. Things change though around here all the time. I thought the same about Aquarius (and I'm pretty sure it WAS), but recently it's been getting silly complaints. I still think it's a fantastic game and I have wanted one forever (and finally got one recently! So exciting!). I would definitely own a Volley if I had the chance at the right price. Vic Camp owns a very nice one, as he does an Aquarius. (That is also why I initially thought they were both pretty very well-liked titles, but of course you have to add in personal choice to the equation which is more apparent now than back then)

Honestly, it's a little refreshing to see some people have different opinions about these games finally. A few years ago it was "WEDGEHEAD?!?!?!?! OMG!" regardless of the title and the hype ignored the good or bad features about each title. As far as I remember both Volley and Aquarius were some of the greats. But it's very possible that the community opinion of Volley has changed in the meantime. I know it happened with Joker Poker EM, that was all the rage about a year and a half ago and now people are recognizing that it's starting to die down a little again.

#8940 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I know it happened with Joker Poker EM, that was all the rage about a year and a half ago and now people are recognizing that it's starting to die down a little again.

yea....Those crappy old Joker Poker EM's. Way over-hyped. I hope everyone starts to hate them alot and decide to sell them off cheap.

Id be FIRST in line!!!

#8941 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Will most definitely post a few photos when I have it in the house.

139135 plays??? Only 229 assembled, according to IPDB.

20170510_210228 (resized).jpg20170510_210228 (resized).jpg

20170510_210405 (resized).jpg20170510_210405 (resized).jpg

Needs some parts, some cleaning, thanks to a fellow Pinsider I now have another interesting Gottlieb.

#8942 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

139135 plays???

Needs some parts, some cleaning, thanks to a fellow Pinsider I now have another interesting Gottlieb.

Sister games, woo!

Also:

Screenshot_5804 (resized).pngScreenshot_5804 (resized).png
Screenshot_5805 (resized).pngScreenshot_5805 (resized).png
canada-day-flag (resized).jpgcanada-day-flag (resized).jpg

#8943 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

139135 plays??? Only 229 assembled, according to IPDB.

got one too.

20150503_161423 (resized).jpg20150503_161423 (resized).jpg

#8944 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Fully original CQ 1977 Gottlieb Team One. Immaculate playfield. (Scratches are in glass)
Had some extra dough from a hard-work month of April and from a game I flipped so brought this beautiful add-a-ball version of Abra Ca Dabra home from PinFest, among others. .

Bought that with the paypal "flooded basement" donations?

#8945 6 years ago

Quoted from dasvis:Bought that with the paypal "flooded basement" donations?

And your wife for the night (although that cost a lot less)

Added over 7 years ago: This was terrible of me to post and I apologize, I realize not only from the backlash but on my own how offensive this is (and was the point -
just to a much lesser extent, it was meant to be dumb) and I sincerely apologize.

#8946 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

And your wife for the night (although that cost a lot less)

totally uncool!

#8947 6 years ago

Quoted from boilerman:totally uncool!

Yeah I agree she was kinda bland...

Added over 7 years ago: This was terrible of me to post and I apologize, I realize not only from the backlash but on my own how offensive this is (and was the point -
just to a much lesser extent, it was meant to be dumb) and I sincerely apologize.

#8948 6 years ago

he made a comment about you NOT anyone in your family.
you had to expect that it was going to come up. after begging for money then buying more machines.

8b1 (resized).png8b1 (resized).png

#8949 6 years ago

Just shooting the shit. Apparently since the other end (boilerman and co. peanut gallery) goes constantly unmoderated in this otherwise-quaint little section of Pinside, a little "messing around back" shouldn't be an issue.

Don't have such a short temper. You wouldn't believe the number of people (quiet people who don't want to get publicly involved) who came up to me at Pinfest and talked bad about you without me even bringing it up. Might want to be careful of trying to name me the next community douchebag, you may be silently falling into the role yourself...

#8950 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Just shooting the shit

calling someones wife a whore is not shooting the shit

Quoted from Otaku:

(boilerman and co. peanut gallery) goes constantly unmoderated

what do I have to do with anyone one else and what do i ever say that would need to be moderated?

Quoted from Otaku:

Don't have such a short temper

i never once got mad at anything, just stated the obvious.

Quoted from Otaku:

You wouldn't believe the number of people (quiet people who don't want to get publicly involved) who came up to me at Pinfest and talked bad about you without me even bringing it up.

that is your PROBLEM you think i care what others think of me.

Quoted from Otaku:

Might want to be careful of trying to name me the next community douchebag, you may be silently falling into the role yourself...

i never called you anything. you have been putting words in my mouth every time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
$ 69.99
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Cabinet parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/179?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.