20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 275.
#8801 6 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

After a 7 hour drive tomorrow I wish I could reveal my Grail machine, but its not an EM. Oh well,onto the SS section...

Then you said "Nobody cared when I got my Grail last week."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think by telling everyone you were taking it next door, that's what people thought you were doing. What is it?

#8802 6 years ago

Stashboy,kick @ss machine.different from usual bat and ball.hats off.Phil ,great comic book theme.excellent playfield,and a wedgy to boot.(you scored!!!)good for you.i would consider doing a total resto. going to see about wedgy pro football this evening, gott 1972.has anyone played this game before.I would like to hear some opinions on this game if possible.thanks

#8803 6 years ago

pinballbrian, I picked up a collector-quality (really nice) Pro Football a few weeks back but have not set it up yet due to doing some necessary work to my basement gameroom.

I have played it before and it was one of the first wedgeheads I had ever played. While I could get the impression now two years into the hobby and meeting a lot of people and hearing their preferences that it wouldn't stand up to a lot of the more picky collectors that tend to have a smaller collection that consists of aim-skill/70's drop-target games like Jacks Open, Atlantis, El Dorado, and the like - I feel it is a very enjoyable game and does not throw any shame of what you would expect from a Gottlieb wedgehead of 1973, or even a few years later. It is definitely not as advanced or sequence-based as some wedgeheads but the uniqueness of the playfield and the great art package (usually the sports themes are very dull, somehow this one was as a major exception - I'm not even a football fan) makes it a great player for me and I am very happy to own one, especially in such nice condition. They didn't use to come up at all but over the last year or so I must have seen about 8 or so (which in pinball is A TON!) that have either been for sale somewhere in the world or games that people posted about just acquiring. Very interesting.

The lack of a shooter lane (the usual from the side all the way up to the top) on this game really shows how a game can take advantage of that extra space and you don't realize how much extra space the shooter lane takes up until you play Pro Football. The targets (lanes) way at the top are fun and it feels totally different while still having the Gottlieb feel to it. The four-flipper arrangement is also very fun, and shots are generally harder to hit as you can't cradle the ball or it'll roll right through the gaps.

I would definitely pick it up if I were you, especially if the price is right.

#8804 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Beautiful example. I have one but my playfield is not as nice as yours. BTW, awesome collection.
What's your serial no. and plays on meter?

Thanks! I seem to be adding pins left and right... got to strike while the iron is hot I guess.

Serial number: 07486
Play meter: 97,397

#8805 6 years ago

Otaku,thank you for fast reply.I was more on thought that sports themes were more popular.but I have only been in this hobby for about a year and a half.so I know I still have a lot to learn.price is around 4 bills.needs a little touch up.but I think its worth getting.wish me luck.

#8806 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Otaku,thank you for fast reply.I was more on thought that sports themes were more popular.but I have only been in this hobby for about a year and a half.so I know I still have a lot to learn.price is around 4 bills.needs a little touch up.but I think its worth getting.wish me luck.

Glad you are excited about the pinball hobby.
Any working EM pin in fair to good cosmetic condition
in the $300-500 range is almost always worth getting.
Pro Football is your middle of the road game, when it comes to player appeal.
If you like the theme, then go for it.

Just one question though about your posts;
Why no spaces after periods and commas?

#8807 6 years ago

Thanks, pinwiz, will work on spacing.ha ha.are games going for that price range in Oregon or higher or lower.was asking that question yesterday.wanted to get street prices in every corner of u.s.a .I'm in st.Louis area.usually games go a few bills more in this area.especially wedgys and reverse wedgys.your opinion where your at? .

#8808 6 years ago

Thanks, pinwiz, will work on spacing.ha ha.are games going for that price range in Oregon or higher or lower.was asking that question yesterday.wanted to get street prices in every corner of u.s.a .I'm in st.Louis area.usually games go a few bills more in this area.especially wedgys and reverse wedgys.your opinion where your at? .

Pro Football is a pretty easy game to find.

Backglass is usually badly faded - check out colors so you know what it should look like.

Not a big buck game so don't overpay! Condition is key.

#8809 6 years ago

Prices are definitely higher on the west coast,
as supply for games (especially EMs) is much lower
than rest of USA.
I have been out of the buying pins mode for about 6 yrs now,
so i can not say i am totally up to date on pricing trends.
WMS Reverse wedgeheads are IMHO a long overlooked niche of pins
that oft times surpass GTB pins in appeal.

#8810 6 years ago

Pro Football is an ok game. I preferred Gridiron (still just ok) because of the 2-player competition. The art on Pro Football's backglass is nice and wedgeheads are great, but if I had to choose I would pick Gridiron. I love wedgeheads, but enjoy having multiplayers too

IMG_3112 (resized).JPGIMG_3112 (resized).JPG

IMG_3114 (resized).JPGIMG_3114 (resized).JPG

IMG_3113 (resized).JPGIMG_3113 (resized).JPG

IMG_3115 (resized).JPGIMG_3115 (resized).JPG

IMG_3119 (resized).JPGIMG_3119 (resized).JPG

#8811 6 years ago

Have something else on the way, which i am very much looking forward to playing..

#8812 6 years ago

845 (resized).jpeg845 (resized).jpeg

856 (resized).jpeg856 (resized).jpeg

902 (resized).jpeg902 (resized).jpeg

#8813 6 years ago

does anyone have a BG for this title ? this one is jenky...

Thanks Gerry

#8814 6 years ago

Rat... tell us already...

or your gonna make me fly down there and paddle your bottom...

and im serious !!!

#8815 6 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Then you said "Nobody cared when I got my Grail last week."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think by telling everyone you were taking it next door, that's what people thought you were doing. What is it?

I'm sorry,didn't mean to raise a ruckus. Please disregard my previous comments.

#8816 6 years ago

you guys must not like Bally pins...

#8817 6 years ago

Thanks guys .went and took plunge.bought pin. And drill press I didn't even need,.the guy was a good salesman. I also bought something else.I'll tell later.anyway it was raining hell but got machine home safe.have pics of back box.will post cab tomorrow as it is in garage.BG has a little flaking on white pro football .phill88 , yours is defiantly better shape than mine.very Sim playfield graph.double flipper also.cool.and Gerry ,nice machines.just four player games scare me.yes ,still learning one and two player machines.ha ha .is that your friendship 7 .? I like the playfield art on that machine.when you get a chance ,is there anyway you could take close up pic of score reel.want to see if there same type as my skill pool.or other reverse wedgys.thanks.

IMG_20170426_224100 (resized).jpgIMG_20170426_224100 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170426_224119 (resized).jpgIMG_20170426_224119 (resized).jpg

#8818 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

you guys must not like Bally pins...

I absolutely love Bally pins. I wish I could play See Saw. I have never seen one in person.

#8819 6 years ago

If I had to pick only one company... Bally it would be.

#8820 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Rat... tell us already...
or your gonna make me fly down there and paddle your bottom...
and im serious !!!

PM Sent

#8821 6 years ago

Yes Brian i will sorry its kinda blocked in the corner ATM with a ton of shit on it and under it, when i can get a few minutes to re arrainge i will get that for you... adn i will try to do it as soon as i can, been very busy lately.

#8822 6 years ago

BTW i like pro football, i played a very well shopped out one in A town a few years back and i had a real good time with it

#8823 6 years ago

I also bought something else.I'll tell later.

...a bunch of teases around here.

#8824 6 years ago

Thanks Gerry,hey Ryan ,a little patience goes long way.it was raining heavy last night.could not get everything home in one trip.going back this morning.hopefully my machine is still there.will let everyone know,including myself in a few hours.he he .hopefully I scored. Will see.

#8825 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

you guys must not like Bally pins..

SeeSaw is one of my favorite Ballys
It has it all
Pop up post between flippers
Kick back on left outlane
ball return gate on right outlane
return to plunger shot from PF on right side top gate
Chance for extra ball
twin bonus build (up with potential for 10X)
only thing it LACKs is an on playfield Special.

Mine was a german model,
now in the hands of the Pacific Pinball Museum in Alameda CA

#8826 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

The game is scheduled to be picked up on the 27th. (2 days from now) blockquote>

todays the 27th and the game is???????????????????????????????????????

#8827 6 years ago

Well...The game was finally picked up by STI today. It is my pleasure to announce that the game I am getting is.....

Made in Bally's factory in Jan of 1969 I give you......Cosmos!

This game is coming all the way from Quebec, Canada and will sit in customs for a short while until being sent to my house. My guess it that it will get here sometime Mid-May. It is absolutely gorgeous and I have my friend and fellow pinsider Xerico Pinball aka (Marcus) to thanks tremendously for passing on the lead to me. Here are the pictures of the actual game I am getting. (Yes they are lifted from pinball owners web site) Marcus had a video of the actual machine being played but it was one of those videos that expire after a certain amount of days. I did see the video and was just in awe of this games condition. I am extremely happy and overly excited in anticipation of finally getting this game! I will take new pictures of this game when it arrives.

Cosmos1 (resized).JPGCosmos1 (resized).JPG

Cosmos2 (resized).JPGCosmos2 (resized).JPG

Cosmos3 (resized).JPGCosmos3 (resized).JPG

Cosmos4 (resized).JPGCosmos4 (resized).JPG

Cosmos5 (resized).JPGCosmos5 (resized).JPG

Cosmos6 (resized).JPGCosmos6 (resized).JPG

Cosmos7 (resized).JPGCosmos7 (resized).JPG

#8828 6 years ago

Looks Great! Now you will have a pin with an animation in the backglass. Sci-fi theme too, congrats. Looks like an extra post in the left outlane, but know else would notice that.

#8829 6 years ago

Well done! Best of luck with it!

#8830 6 years ago

Here my mechanical back multi player

IMG_20170427_175339516 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_175339516 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170427_175348490 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_175348490 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170427_175356763 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_175356763 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170427_175405503 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_175405503 (resized).jpg

#8831 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well...The game was finally picked up by STI today. It is my pleasure to announce that the game I am getting is.....
This game is coming all the way from Quebec, Canada and will sit in customs for a short while until being sent to my house. My guess it that it will get here sometime Mid-May. It is absolutely gorgeous and I have my friend and fellow pinsider Xerico Pinball aka (Marcus) to thanks tremendously for passing on the lead to me. Here are the pictures of the actual game I am getting. (Yes they are lifted from pinball owners web site) Marcus had a video of the actual machine being played but it was one of those videos that expire after a certain amount of days. I did see the video and was just in awe of this games condition. I am extremely happy and overly excited in anticipation of finally getting this game! I will take new pictures of this game when it arrives.

one of the few zipper flipper i haven't played. looks nice.. i was betting it was a surfer (bally) i saw one posted somewhere else and went down pretty fast. i thought you snaged it.

#8832 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

It is my pleasure to announce that the game I am getting is.....

That is a beautiful looking machine. One that I had never played.
Thank you for posting. Now tonight I should be able to get a good
nights rest for the first time in 29 days..

#8833 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

That is a beautiful looking machine. One that I had never played.
Thank you for posting. Now tonight I should be able to get a good
nights rest for the first time in 29 days..

Hey T, me too

#8834 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Fantastic artwork - love this game! Neat animation too. Way to go Rat!

Brad

#8835 6 years ago

"Cosmos"! You had me so worked up, I nearly soiled me armor! Just kidding! It looks great. Hope you enjoy it!

#8836 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Nice score, Rat. We play when I get back.

Quoted from Gerry:

Here my mechanical back multi player

Expo snuck up on me. Initially ignored it due to the huge outlanes and seemingly empty playfield... but then I discovered how each lane is like a "power up" and can change the whole game. Another winner from Norm Clark!

#8837 6 years ago

Like the blue backglass and the theme. Beautiful game!

#8838 6 years ago

Hey guys,got back safe,everything OK.here is pics of cab I couldn't take last night.wish playfield was a little better( don't we all). With a little cosmetics I think it will make great basement banger.

IMG_20170427_163755 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_163755 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170427_163804 (resized).jpgIMG_20170427_163804 (resized).jpg

#8839 6 years ago

That PF will clean up great no worries there,

I think its a fun game enjoy !!!

#8840 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Looks Great! Now you will have a pin with an animation in the backglass. Sci-fi theme too, congrats. Looks like an extra post in the left outlane, but know else would notice that.

I looked into the extra post on IPDB. This is what I found. Read the description. Now I need to look at the videos on youtube. I will be trying the game with and without the post. The game is probably a real left drain monster without it.

cosmos8 (resized).JPGcosmos8 (resized).JPG

#8841 6 years ago

My williams EXPO has the same thing going on...

i LIKE brutaly hard games but i think the post is fine

I'm glad its there on EXPO

#8842 6 years ago

Thanks Gerry,also picked up a shuffle bowl.pretty nice project,Steve at pbr said to hope I have a lot of time on hand cleaning score reels.I know that, cleaning two sets on big shot.had to literally sand old gook off them.looked like Indian head gasket sealer was used for grease.he he .

#8843 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I looked into the extra post on IPDB. This is what I found. Read the description. Now I need to look at the videos on youtube. I will be trying the game with and without the post. The game is probably a real left drain monster without it.

I bought the Cosmos documention set fron PBresource recently to help me bring a Cosmos back to life. This sheet was included which shows the optional post details.

rps20170427_211557 (resized).jpgrps20170427_211557 (resized).jpg

My game doesn't have the post and there is no predrilled hole for it.

#8844 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Beautiful looking game! The apron colors reminded me of my old Four Million B.C. Then I imagined how good those two would look side to side. That would be a crazy good combo.
Congrats!

#8845 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I bought the Cosmos documention set fron PBresource recently to help me bring a Cosmos back to life. This sheet was included which shows the optional post details.

Tell me more about your Cosmos. Do you like it? How often do you play it? Where did you find it for sale? What is the condition of it? Do you have any pictures to contribute of your machine?

#8846 6 years ago

Hey guys,got back safe,everything OK.here is pics of cab I couldn't take last night.wish playfield was a little better( don't we all). With a little cosmetics I think it will make great basement banger.

Pro Football is a great & very underestimated game-very sorry I sold mine. Congrats on your pickup.

#8847 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

My williams EXPO has the same thing going on...
i LIKE brutaly hard games but i think the post is fine
I'm glad its there on EXPO

I picked up a Williams Touchdown 2-3 weeks ago and have it up and running 100% aside from a missing knocker which is on the way.. hands down my favorite pin at the moment but the out lanes are brutal, brutal magnets for the ball during play. I found a picture online showing one TD pin with posts added there and now I'm wondering if it was a factory suggestion after seeing the Cosmos bulletin.

TD_POSTS (resized).jpgTD_POSTS (resized).jpg

#8848 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I picked up a Williams Touchdown 2-3 weeks ago and have it up and running 100% aside from a missing knocker which is on the way.. hands down my favorite pin at the moment but the out lanes are brutal, brutal magnets for the ball during play. I found a picture online showing one TD pin with posts added there and now I'm wondering if it was a factory suggestion after seeing the Expo bulletin.

Was there a Williams Expo bulletin or are you just assuming there was? Most of the time back then this was the doing of random operators adding these things, as well as center posts between the flippers.

A real pity nowadays because it leaves a nasty hole in the playfield, and artwork if applicable.

#8849 6 years ago

Oops, you just edited the post. The post placement was actually not a bulletin after the fact but included during game release if I'm not mistaken, and the games (usually) had little dimples in the playfield to show the different positions rather than operators screwing it in to "normal" wood. Perhaps not this early on though since they gave a measurement for aid in finding the location?

#8850 6 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Oops, you just edited the post. The post placement was actually not a bulletin but in the official manual, and the games (usually) had little dimples in the playfield to show the different positions rather than operators screwing it in to "normal" wood.

Yes, I realized I had referenced the wrong game.

Makes me want to pickup a TD manual now and see if there is any post information.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 39.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/177?hl=bek1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.