Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 243.
#8401 2 years ago

Just shooting the shit now. Let's hope it's not my first game, Showtime... Emptier than a desert...

image-4 (7) (resized).jpg

#8402 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In the spirit of the new tobacco tax that went into effect today that now raises the price of a pack of cigarettes to over $8 in the fair state of California, I started a thread to post picks of all pinball art related to smoking and the use of tobacco.
Feel free to join in!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smoking-pinball-games

People still smoke in California?

#8403 2 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

They don't care - everything causes cancer to people in California. Might as well.

K5801 (resized).png

#8404 2 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

They certainly do! Just what is it that they're smokin'?

#8405 2 years ago

There will be a lot less now that its eight bucks a pack!

G9sNvDLoQQKOtkkabJO66w (resized).jpg

#8406 2 years ago

I remember when they went up to a dollar a pack from the vending machine at the local rock and roll club (lotsa pins there). I thought they were crazy! Glad I gave it up many years ago. That's serious cash if you smoke a lot.

#8407 2 years ago

Just got April Fooled by my Strange World. Turn it on, started a game, and it played with scores from the pop bumpers and playfield rebound switches only. Whilst playing, I was thinking, "This is going to be a very low scoring game. It is going to take more than 5 balls to light the 100,000 point light."

#8408 2 years ago

Ok I change my guess to Ceottk.

#8409 2 years ago

Rats next pin!

flicker (resized).jpg

#8410 2 years ago

That's as close to being a Chicago Coin without actually being one as can be.

#8411 2 years ago

PICTURES!

#8412 2 years ago

No, the experimental SS one! Now that's rare!

#8413 2 years ago

Now I'm thinking it is Ro Go.

#8414 2 years ago

I just got back from having dinner downtown and there is a new arcade with an Expressway there that I played. So I'm guessing Expressway.

#8415 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just got back from having dinner downtown and there is a new arcade with an Expressway there that I played. So I'm guessing Expressway.

"I saw a picture of a TKO today, so I'm guessing TKO!" (replace with any rare game - only coincidentally the same game I used in my little joke earlier, used here because when I think "rare game", TKO is the one that always comes to mind but I'm sure for some it's other games like Mermaid)

Expressway has always caught my eye.

#8416 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

"I saw a picture of a TKO today,

There is a TKO at the Pinball Hall of Fame. Have played it, it is challenging to a degree. Not an open playfield, some shots are high risk. I would buy one if it could be found fairly close by.

#8417 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

There is a TKO at the Pinball Hall of Fame. Have played it, it is challenging to a degree. Not an open playfield, some shots are high risk. I would buy one if it could be found fairly close by.

A lot of people don't like it (especially JR, the big critic!) but I can enjoy the ruleset. I keep a really open mind and can enjoy most games.

#8418 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

A lot of people don't like it (especially JR, the big critic!) but I can enjoy the ruleset. I keep a really open mind and can enjoy most games.

I'd still love to find one. Quick, no regrets flip for me!

#8419 2 years ago

If it was an Add-a-Ball, that would mean true "WOW", I would have
to have one..

#8420 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Just shooting the sh!t now. Let's hope it's not my first game, Showtime... Emptier than a desert...

It has that big "Y" on the playfield. Like "Y" waste your time and money playing this game! (JR, the big critic!)

#8421 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Like "Y" waste your time and money playing this game! (JR, the big critic!)

Heading out to a Birthday Party, and that put me even in
a better mood..

#8422 2 years ago

The rain won't let up as the sump-pump-season just keeps going on and on...
But the forecast is always warm & sunny in the EM room

IMG_1748 (resized).JPG

#8423 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

The rain won't let up as the sump-pump-season just keeps going on and on...
But the forecast is always warm & sunny in the EM room

Beautiful room !! Very envious!!!
And a delicious beverage to go with....

crop (resized).png

#8424 2 years ago

Nothing beats a room full of em's on a rainy day........

Nice collection

#8425 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Nothing beats a room full of em's on a rainy day........

Especially EMs that look like new or are restored. These beautiful EMs inspire me and make me want to restore mine!

Bruce

#8426 2 years ago

No more EM pictures from me for a little while!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood

Hate disassembling the gameroom as I know it (all games) but it is for the best and hopefully my games can return to a much better and prettier one after the issues are fixed and other work I couldn't do with all the games down there is done. Very very weird feeling seeing all of the titles packed up or about to be packed up after some of them have been set up for almost two years. Let me tell you, I certainly prefer my games setup and ready to play! Just gotta keep telling myself it's only temporary.

Luckily no damage for games that were on legs. Pulling them all out to save the humidity damage and also empty it out to get a french drain and sump pump put in.

IMG_9053 (resized).PNG

#8427 2 years ago

Gosh, how much help do you need? You've started a thread dedicated to your tragedy and seem to want lots of attention. Sorry for your loss.

#8428 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Gosh, how much help do you need? You've started a thread dedicated to your tragedy and seem to want lots of attention. Sorry for your loss.

A lot my EM friends have the rest of the forum disabled. Sorry to "offend you".

#8429 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

No more EM pictures from me for a little while!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood
Hate disassembling the gameroom as I know it (all games) but it is for the best and hopefully my games can return to a much better and prettier one after the issues are fixed and other work I couldn't do with all the games down there is done. Very very weird feeling seeing all of the titles packed up or about to be packed up after some of them have been set up for almost two years. Let me tell you, I certainly prefer my games setup and ready to play! Just gotta keep telling myself it's only temporary.
Luckily no damage for games that were on legs. Pulling them all out to save the humidity damage and also empty it out to get a french drain and sump pump put in.

Rain & seepage?

#8430 2 years ago

My people are from Eastern North Carolina, floods happen all the time. None of them move,they ride it out.
You can't let this freak you out, just accept it and deal with it the best you can.
My Cousin sit on the roof of his house with his dog,a 12-pack and a few cans of scrounged food the last Hurricane.A FEMA truck drove through to rescue people, he told them he was fine and even helped when their jacked-up 90,000 dollar truck broke down in his yard.
The water was 3.5 to 5 feet in depth.
Everyone I know in a flood-prone area keeps valuables up in the highest point of their house,on cinder-blocks in a barn, there are no basements.
I have seen some floods and it tends to freak you out, but it looks like you came out with light damage. Be glad the whole house isn't compromised by floating off the foundation.
Save what you can,accept the loss,move on.

#8431 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

My people are from Eastern North Carolina, floods happen all the time. None of them move,they ride it out.
You can't let this freak you out, just accept it and deal with it the best you can.
My Cousin sit on the roof of his house with his dog,a 12-pack and a few cans of scrounged food the last Hurricane.A FEMA truck drove through to rescue people, he told them he was fine and even helped when their jacked-up 90,000 dollar truck broke down in his yard.
The water was 3.5 to 5 feet in depth.
Everyone I know in a flood-prone area keeps valuables up in the highest point of their house,on cinder-blocks in a barn, there are no basements.
I have seen some floods and it tends to freak you out, but it looks like you came out with light damage. Be glad the whole house isn't compromised by floating off the foundation.
Save what you can,accept the loss,move on.

Yeah, by flood I meant as in my basement rather than outside (can't compare to that), storm was pretty crazy though. I guess that's April for ya.

#8432 2 years ago

Otaku your situation is disheartening. That being said please keep this type of posting off of this thread.

#8433 2 years ago

Finally have my Flip-A-Card cleaned, rebuilt and glitch-free (thanks to some great tips from Pinsiders on repairing and adjusting the spin unit and spin relay which were really out-of-whack). Play field cleaned up pretty nice (for some reason I've rarely seen good play fields on FAC even compared to older Gottlieb titles).

Game had a nice back glass and cabinet was nice enough to not have to do much to it beyond a good cleaning. I know the back glass art is polarizing, but I love the colors (particularly the flashing green FAC title against the purple background) and as a former 70's college student, I do relate to the simple theme. Plus it's playing cards, probably my favorite of all the main Gottlieb game themes (cards, cowboys, "futuristic").

Finished Game April 2017 (resized).jpg

This is really a fantastic playing game. Love the asymmetrical playfield and variety of shots you need to do well. One of the best 'gotta play just one more' games I've owned.

#8434 2 years ago

Flip-A-Card has an awesome asymmetrical shot layout. I really wish the rules were better unfortunately, because I had to sell mine for that reason (basically useless for tournaments). Every shot in the entire game except the top lanes is worth the same 50 points, lit or not. So if you aren't playing for specials, the only winning strategy is to repeatedly loop the ball to the top lanes, over and over.

Methinks I will acquire one in the future and hack the rules. BTW yours looks very nice! Well done.

#8435 2 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Finally have my Flip-A-Card cleaned, rebuilt and glitch-free (thanks to some great tips from Pinsiders on repairing and adjusting the spin unit and spin relay which were really out-of-whack). Play field cleaned up pretty nice (for some reason I've rarely seen good play fields on FAC even compared to older Gottlieb titles).
Game had a nice back glass and cabinet was nice enough to not have to do much to it beyond a good cleaning. I know the back glass art is polarizing, but I love the colors (particularly the flashing green FAC title against the purple background) and as a former 70's college student, I do relate to the simple theme. Plus it's playing cards, probably my favorite of all the main Gottlieb game themes (cards, cowboys, "futuristic").

This is really a fantastic playing game. Love the asymmetrical playfield and variety of shots you need to do well. One of the best 'gotta play just one more' games I've owned.

Nice job. If you ever get tired of it lmk. That's one game I've been looking for.

#8436 2 years ago

Nice game Heatwave!

#8437 2 years ago

Picking up something really nice tommorow. It's a little redundant to my collection but nice. I'll post pics tommorow.

#8438 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Picking up something really nice tommorow. It's a little redundant to my collection but nice. I'll post pics tommorow.

I look forward to the reveal.

#8439 2 years ago

Update on my reveal. The machine is paid for and wrapped up for STI. I will reveal what I am getting the minute it is loaded up on an STI truck. My guess is mid next week it will be on a truck.

#8440 2 years ago

Cool, STI certainly extends your range. Never have had a problem using their service.

#8441 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Update on my reveal. The machine is paid for and wrapped up for STI. I will reveal what I am getting the minute it is loaded up on an STI truck. My guess is mid next week it will be on a truck.

I already know what it is and its going right next to Rat's Fireball so I'm letting the cat out of the bag!

fireball - Evel (resized).jpg

#8443 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Otaku your situation is disheartening. That being said please keep this type of posting off of this thread.

Posted it for the picture, decided to explain the situation. Jeez. Simple thread sure brings out the feelings around here. Not in it for the $$$. Was gonna post another one, I'll probably pass now, but turns out they look almost as cool stored next to each other as they do set up. Of course I prefer them set up though! Playable & pretty > pretty, hopefully soon they'll be back to their prior state...

Quoted from heatwave:

Plus it's playing cards, probably my favorite of all the main Gottlieb game themes (cards, cowboys, "futuristic").

Don't forget pool! (and maybe space, if that doesn't fall under futuristic, don't think so)

Pretty example of that title, by the way. Flip-A-Card is a fun player.

#8444 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Posted it for the picture, decided to explain the situation. Jeez. Simple thread sure brings out the feelings around here.

I have nothing more to say to you. I asked you in a nice way to leave this thread alone. There is so much I want to type to you but it would be negative and non-constructive. It would also get me banned from the forum that I am most passionate about. I love 99% of the people on here and what they stand for in the EM forums. Try being one of those 99% in the future.

-Dan

#8445 2 years ago

A few works in progress.. One being stripped and repainted and minor tweaking still on J.K.

DSCN7490 (resized).JPG

DSCN7543 (resized).JPG

DSCN7545 (resized).JPG

#8446 2 years ago

Teasing me with Bally Grand Tour again I see. I can't wait to see how the game turns out.

#8447 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Teasing me with Bally Grand Tour again I see. I can't wait to see how the game turns out.

Actually I'm going to be working on it today. Going to the store this morning after breakfast to get red and blue paint chips and work on the stencils (verifying that the new stencils match the old artwork) so I can finish stripping the cabinet and get it in primer.

#8448 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I have nothing more to say to you. I asked you in a nice way to leave this thread alone. There is so much I want to type to you but it would be negative and non-constructive. It would also get me banned from the forum that I am most passionate about. I love 99% of the people on here and what they stand for in the EM forums. Try being one of those 99% in the future.
-Dan

Didn't expect that, thought we were cool Okay, I'll hush up, sure. Can't wait to post pictures again when it is all over with though and the machines are back to life and flipping away. Hopefully I am welcome to.

#8449 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A few works in progress.. One being stripped and repainted and minor tweaking still on J.K.

Can't wait to see what Grand Tour looks like when it is done. I am happy to finally see more of these early/mid 60's Bally games brought back to life and preserved. Seems like they are finally gathering the steam they deserve.

#8450 2 years ago

Playfield was available and I also owned the machine, so why not? The swap was completed by Brady at pinballshark. He's done my Sing Along, Wizard!, Atlantis and now another Wizard!

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hamilton, MA
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside