Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 243.
#8201 2 years ago

Gottlieb Fun Fair, the Italian AAB of Fun Park 1968..have almost finished this game after working on and off for the last 4 years. Still need to make a pedestal for the head and find some metal locking channels for the top of the playfield glass.

When this game arrived into Australia it was hammered and missing many parts.. the playfield was missing so much paint, especially around the lower third around the ducks.

Some of the differences for this game are the very cool AAB feature, which actually fires the ball back up the playfield to the right through the spinner..there were only a handful of Gottlieb games made with this feature..have shown photos of above and below the playfield.

When the game arrived here it was missing all of these parts, so it was a challenge to find the parts/fabricate the parts/get it working as it should.

Note on the lower apron there is no use of the word 'flipper' on the apron and also on the actual flippers.

Have kept the original coin entrance plates and the playfield glass had the awesome original Italian operators sticker, which I have on the top of the playfield so it doesn't interfere with the instruction card.

Note there was an extra dummy reel added to the right of the score.

17352243_1641871322506333_8425388487490937888_n (resized).jpg
17342918_1641870512506414_6288586324373608038_n (resized).jpg
17389194_1641871289173003_694555914757981045_o (resized).jpg
17239672_1641871089173023_6660165086356922271_o (resized).jpg
17359131_1641869442506521_4458004500494485914_o (resized).jpg
17388867_1641871235839675_4707120992718997525_o (resized).jpg
17389006_1641870619173070_2842739530674886513_o (resized).jpg

#8202 2 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

Gottlieb Fun Fair, the Italian AAB of Fun Park 1968..have almost finished this game after working on and off for the last 4 years. Still need to make a pedestal for the head and find some metal locking channels for the top of the backglass.
When this game arrived into Australia it was hammered and missing many parts.. the playfield was missing so much paint, especially around the lower third around the ducks.
Some of the differences for this game are the very cool AAB feature, which actually fires the ball back up the playfield to the right through the spinner..there were only a handful of Gottlieb games made with this feature..have shown photos of above and below the playfield.
When the game arrived here it was missing all of these parts, so it was a challenge to find the parts/fabricate the parts/get it working as it should.
Note on the lower apron there is no use of the word 'flipper' on the apron and also on the actual flippers.
Have kept the original coin entrance plates and the playfield glass had the awesome original Italian operators sticker, which I have on the top of the playfield so it doesn't interfere with the instruction card.
Note there was an extra dummy reel added to the right of the score.

Nice. My best condition game is my Gottlieb Fun Park (and is about as nice and minty fresh as they get, all original too), and I love the really awesome rules on this title. Often time the different versions of a game are similar but the add-a-ball versions of this game are the major winners to me certainly to where the replay version (Fun Land) can't keep up to - they hadn't create the whole "indicated value" system of Fun Park on Fun Land which is one of the best parts and one of the most important parts of Fun Park & Fun Fair and having it controlled by a pop bumper of all things is really great.

They actually made two version of this games for Italy, the other one is titled "Tivoli", and features different playfield artwork with a similar theme. Thankfully also includes the wonderful indicated value system.

To those who don't own the game and are curious of what I am talking about, on Fun Park/Fun Fair/Tivoli, winning special follows the path of what "indicated value" you have lit which changes (without cycling in a row - it follows a pretty diverse path) when the center yellow pop bumper is hit each time:

Green light: 500 points (doesn't reset targets)
Yellow light: 1 extra ball (resets targets)
Red light: 2 extra balls (resets targets) (double knocker!)

I am grateful I found this truly mint game in this condition above any other - I think it is my favorite title from Gottlieb, and it being Fun Park above Fun Land truly makes a huge difference. I could probably even own both one day as they must play quite different. Having found a game in this condition and it ending up being my favorite game is sure a really rare lucky situation. Enjoy yours!

#8203 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I have held flyers for most of my machines for some time but struggled as to how best to display them. Anyhow had a brainwave that display in the form of the backbox livery might be ok. These are the results of the first three:

Ties in nicely Wayne and looks like something you'd find in a museum (Wayne's Museum) - good work.

#8204 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I have held flyers for most of my machines for some time but struggled as to how best to display them. Anyhow had a brainwave that display in the form of the backbox livery might be ok. These are the results of the first three:

Cool idea, Wayne. I like it!

#8205 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I have held flyers for most of my machines for some time but struggled as to how best to display them.

How did you make them? Two of them look like they were cut out of wood and painted but Sea Raider looks like framing moulding was cut and joined together to make a frame? Did you have a frame shop do that one?

Bruce

#8206 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I have something for you...a new job!
I'll take four of those.

#8207 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

How did you make them? Two of them look like they were cut out of wood and painted but Sea Raider looks like framing moulding was cut and joined together to make a frame? Did you have a frame shop do that one?
Bruce

No outside help needed Bruce.
The face of the wedgeheads was made using 7mm mdf board cut with a circular saw and centre cut using a jigsaw. It is backed by a frame using 11mm square pine moulding.
The Sea Raider was made with 25mm quad (triangular) moulding mitre cut on a drop saw and glued together using an inexpensive ($4) picture frame tension strap obtainable from $ shops. Again it was backed by a frame using 11mm square moulding.
I purchased a couple of preowned picture frames from the local Recycling Centre to give me the glass & backing board needed. I made some clips from scrap sheetmetal to retain the glass, flyer & backing board in the frames. Finally sprayed & webbed the wedgeheads whilst repainting my GTB King Pin & sprayed the Sea Raider frame with matching colour which I used when replacing the back boards on my Sea Raider.

canon19032017 009 (resized).JPG

#8208 2 years ago

Nice and clean. I like the your idea. Great way to display the brochures.

[att=3660094w,915756 caption="image (resized).jpg"]

#8209 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Sorry about the pics, didn't mean to post those.

Drinking so early in the morning?!?!?
or is it the hangover from the night before.

#8210 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Nice and clean. I like the your idea. Great way to display the brochures.
Sorry about the pics, didn't mean to post those.

You can click the X's on the pictures in the edit section and they go away

#8211 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Legend has it he was committing a local robbery and saw a Gottlieb Sing Along and a cat laying on it in the guy's house and couldn't help himself to not take a picture as usual of this pinball find like the rest of us would, while running from the police

(Incase it's removed, to document my lousy joke...):

c183f6b4dc6786ad34ba611243cbc0ef58d0790f (resized).jpg

#8212 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

It's either that or Michael J. Fox is starting to collect EM's and goes by the name Electrocute.

#8214 2 years ago

The jokes on me but why not? Finally got my Sing Along running 100% and my iPad takes shitty photos in the dark. Thanks Otaku for edit info.

image (resized).jpg

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Really like this!

#8216 2 years ago

this is a hot title down here in australia and on many peoples want list but rarely surfaces.

fun game, this took the place of a gottlieb hot shot and waiting on lee and gordon to release playfield plastics for it.

20170320_184547 (resized).jpg

#8217 2 years ago

Nice! I love my top card too

#8218 2 years ago

Just pick up Two new Project Machines. Golden Bells and Poker Face. Anyone guess what is different about golden bells? http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1045

Back Glass (resized).jpg
side cabinet (resized).jpg
Play field (resized).jpg

coin door (resized).jpg
Play field (resized).jpg

backglass (resized).jpg

#8219 2 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

Just pick up Two new Project Machines. Golden Bells and Poker Face. Anyone guess what is different about golden bells? http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1045

"Golden Bells" is supposed to be in a woodrail cabinet. Yours looks to be transplanted into a later cabinet. I recently picked up a "Poker Face" myself. Yours has the correct front door which is rare. I'll use the pictures of yours to repaint mine. Looks like you need a backglass as do I. Luckily, Shay has it in the works. It should be ready soon.
Does your "Poker Face" have metal strips along the upper inside edge of the cabinet? Most woodrails do, but mine is painted silver instead.
I'm wondering if that was original, or done afterward. I don't see any nail holes where they might have been.

#8220 2 years ago

Your plastics look decent on your "Poker Face". Mine were crispy. Had to get repops from Pinball Rescue. Also, my green pop bumper cap has a big chip out of it. I don't think PBR has that particular one. I wish at least the piece would have been inside the cabinet, but no such luck.

#8221 2 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

this is a hot title down here in australia and on many peoples want list but rarely surfaces.
fun game, this took the place of a gottlieb hot shot and waiting on lee and gordon to release playfield plastics for it.

"Top Card" is a simple game, but a superb player. Back in the '70s, I played one at a local arcade that was converted to add-a-ball. It was a blast to play. Once you got it going, you could play it for hours! As a kid, you didn't mind playing one game that long. I think I had the all time high game on that particular one; something like 1,700,000+.

#8222 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"Golden Bells" is supposed to be in a woodrail cabinet. Yours looks to be transplanted into a later cabinet.

Right on the money. Now I have to decide to leave it as is (Repaint) or build a wood rail cabinet from scratch.

Quoted from jrpinball:

Does your "Poker Face" have metal strips along the upper inside edge of the cabinet? Most woodrails do, but mine is painted silver instead. I'm wondering if that was original, or done afterward. I don't see any nail holes where they might have been.

Hoping to look at it on the weekend (if it is warmer). I'll snap a pic and PM you.

#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"Golden Bells" is supposed to be in a woodrail cabinet. Yours looks to be transplanted into a later cabinet. I recently picked up a "Poker Face" myself. Yours has the correct front door which is rare. I'll use the pictures of yours to repaint mine. Looks like you need a backglass as do I. Luckily, Shay has it in the works. It should be ready soon.
Does your "Poker Face" have metal strips along the upper inside edge of the cabinet? Most woodrails do, but mine is painted silver instead.
I'm wondering if that was original, or done afterward. I don't see any nail holes where they might have been.

Some woodrails from 1953 to 1954 did not have side rails but instead a light silver paint. No idea why. My Lovely Lucy 1954 is like this.

#8224 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"Golden Bells" is supposed to be in a woodrail cabinet. Yours looks to be transplanted into a later cabinet.

You forgot to add that a clown vomited all over it, I thought that was the most obvious part At least they put some bells on it too as hard as they are to see

#8225 2 years ago

Huh! A white backglass??? I've never seen such a thing. I would love to see this lit up. Very cool find (despite the custom paint job).

#8226 2 years ago

Golden Bells is a decent player.

#8227 2 years ago

Golden bells. Thanks for all the feed back. I post before and after pic's when I getting working. (Including the backglass with the lights on)

#8228 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Huh! A white backglass??? I've never seen such a thing. I would love to see this lit up. Very cool find (despite the custom paint job).

The reflection on the playfield glass must be really distracting.

#8229 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

You forgot to add that a clown vomited all over it, I thought that was the most obvious part...

Goes without saying. Obviously a hack paint job.

#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Some woodrails from 1953 to 1954 did not have side rails but instead a light silver paint. No idea why. My Lovely Lucy 1954 is like this.

I figured it must be original since the game sat pretty much in the same place for a long time. I guess they may have run out of those metal strips at times and cheaped out by painting the wood silver instead.
Can anyone else verify or refute this on "Poker Face" or "Lovely Lucy"?

#8231 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I figured it must be original since the game sat pretty much in the same place for a long time. I guess they may have run out of those metal strips at times and cheaped out by painting the wood silver instead.
Can anyone else verify or refute this on "Poker Face" or "Lovely Lucy"?

Some time ago I checked other Lovely Lucy's and found 3 that were similar.

Seen a PF with same finish as well.

#8232 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Some time ago I checked other Lovely Lucy's and found 3 that were similar.
Seen a PF with same finish as well.

I'm wondering if all copies of certain models such as "Lovely Lucy" and "Poker Face" had this shortcut, or did they maybe run out of these strips during a run, leaving them off the higher serial number games.

#8233 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Look like just wood.

20170322_182136 (resized).jpg

20170322_182143 (resized).jpg

20170322_182156 (resized).jpg

#8234 2 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

Look like just wood.

Thanks.
Mine is the same; just painted with silver paint. If it isn't too much trouble, what's the serial number on your game?

#8235 2 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

Look like just wood.

The first picture really looks like a reflection, is it just the paint having some scuffs along with the lighting that makes it look like reflection?

#8236 2 years ago

Close up to see the finish. Lovely Lucy 1954.

IMG_1027 (resized).JPG

#8238 2 years ago

Looking for pics? Here's the Gold Strike I have set up in the game room. Last Spring
I unexpectedly found a nicer one so probably will trade this one. Outside of the wear in
the upper portion of the playfield, it's pretty nice.. (T)

IMG_0679 (resized).JPG

IMG_0680 (resized).JPG

IMG_0681 (resized).JPG

#8239 2 years ago

Gold Strike is a fun machine. Thank you for sharing.

#8240 2 years ago

Heres mine

IMG_7445 (resized).JPG

IMG_5805 (resized).JPG

#8241 2 years ago

here is mine, nice original if anyone is interested. has a mint repro bg

20170309_121553 (resized).jpg

20170309_121745 (resized).jpg

#8242 2 years ago

How did we veer from "Gold Strike" to "El Dorado"?

#8243 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

How did we veer from "Gold Strike" to "El Dorado"?

it was easy JR! replay rules AAB drools

#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it was easy JR! replay rules AAB drools

Oooh! Them's fightin' words!

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oooh! Them's fightin' words!

now we will detour to the AAB replay debate..

#8246 2 years ago

Don't own an El Dorado but always enjoy playing one at the Silverball Museum and at Vic Camp's house as well.

Infact, just stopped over there for a great party the other night, haven't been over in a while but hopefully I will be much more in the future. Great memories made along with photos and videos. I'm not sure if I even played El Dorado that night (I have before in there though) - so many other games to enjoy too and I tend to have a different taste than most. Luckily that gameroom (let alone his other two) caters to all eras of Gottlieb games.

I'll have to post/share some pictures once I unload my phone sometime. Always a great time with great friends.

Screenshot_4905 (resized).png

#8247 2 years ago

JR, in the beginning of this video we took you can hear your brother sounding very similar to you, representing the add-a-balls and trashing the replay machines...

#8248 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

JR, in the beginning of this video we took you can hear your brother sounding very similar to you, representing the add-a-balls and trashing the replay machines...
» YouTube video

I don't think he was trashing replay games, but he was saying a lot of the drop target games are better in the add-a-ball version because the targets reset. "Drop A Card", "High Hand" and "2001" are three examples of games where the add-a-ball version is a much better game. I love add-a-balls, but also like the replay games as well. I prefer "King of Diamonds" to "Diamond Jack", but only because I like the red lights on the playfield for special.

#8249 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't think he was trashing replay games, but he was saying a lot of the drop target games are better in the add-a-ball version because the targets reset. "Drop A Card", "High Hand" and "2001" are three examples of games where the add-a-ball version is a much better game. I love add-a-balls, but also like the replay games as well. I prefer "King of Diamonds" to "Diamond Jack", but only because I like the red lights on the playfield for special.

Yes, it was just a joke. We agreed on Pop-A-Card being great earlier and as you can hear in the background, I certainly prefer Fun Park to Fun Land and the whole "adjustable reward" feature that was very unique. If the case isn't that they just didn't think of it until after Fun Land was released, it was probably because winning two replays at once (instead of balls) would have made a lot of operators angry and a little poorer, hence the lack of it being in that game... Makes sense.

Love the system for extra balls though, works REALLY well. My favorite!

I agree with some replay games and some add-a-ball games sharing the spotlight though - it really varies from game to game and then onto personal opinion. Some are pretty straight across the board but then you find people picking their personal favorites even more specifically.

#8250 2 years ago

I sold a Nip It with less than 8000 plays that was prestine and I am using the money to buy a machine a friend found. I am not revealing the friend on here just yet nor am I revealing the machine. Lets just say he found a unicorn. I swear this machine is pretty rare. I am extremely excited! Stay tuned!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Finleyville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 22.00
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Edgewater, MD
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Sebring, FL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside