Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 243.
#8151 2 years ago

My first and only machine is Pioneer. I bought this out of a garage back in 2004 or 2005, full of rat droppings and not working for $800AUD. No idea if that was a good price or not. The posts were a mismatched set of bits and pieces, a few of the plastic lane guides were broken or very faded, the rubbers were missing or broken, the flipper bats were cracked, a couple of the flipper pawl screws were sheared off and there was this awful vinyl up the shooter lane and across the top arch:
3430787870_481628825b Playfield_O.jpg
That sticker on the middle of the apron and the lock bar's shadow protected some of the red from the sun: 20170303_154911 (resized).jpg
One of the drop targets was cracked and broke the first time I got the machine to reset, and I finally have replacement drop targets in the mail somewhere:
3430816568_8f5d2ee902 Broken drop target_O.jpg
The outside of the cabinet is well worn, the red in the backglass is very faded from being left in full Australian sun every afternoon for years...
20170303_154833.jpg
After replacing the posts, rubbers, etc and giving it a good clean and wax, the playfield is in decent shape, but a few plastics are missing edges:
20170303_154924.jpg
I quite like the game and I think it'll always have a special place as my first machine even if I get another...

#8152 2 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

My first and only machine is Pioneer.

The outside of the cabinet is well worn, the red in the backglass is very faded from being left in full Australian sun every afternoon for years...

Given the machine was in the pm Australian sun for years the pf & bg have stood up pretty well.

#8153 2 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I love the back glass on Lariat!
It has a lot of great elements:
Irresponsible use of a vehicle and firearms, an Indian playing pinball, a cowboy falling off a horse,
rabbits and snakes, hot cowgirls.
You just know there are a few empty Jack Daniels bottles rolling around the floor of that car.
One of my favorite games to play at Silverball. I'd love to have one!
E

I played that one at the Silverball as well. Great game for sure, and a true add-a-ball (light the bunnies).

#8154 2 years ago

I love the back glass on Lariat!

One of my favorite games to play at Silverball. I'd love to have one!

Back when, I remember picking up a Lariat for $75.00 from a Pennysaver Wanted ad.
Not in bad shape either. Wish I had more room. Sounds like another one I'd like to have
set up.. (T)

#8155 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Back when, I remember picking up a Lariat for $75.00 from a Pennysaver Wanted ad... (T)

Is that back when they used to walk 5 miles up hill..both ways to get somewhere?! times have definitely changed, I was quoted over $13000 CAD for a new aliens pin today

#8156 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I was quoted over $13000 CAD for a new aliens pin today

Better ask for an advance on your allowance.

#8157 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Given the machine was in the pm Australian sun for years the pf & bg have stood up pretty well.

Yep. Overall I'm pretty happy with the condition. It's older than I am so it makes sense that it shows a bit of wear and tear... I sure do.

#8158 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Back when, I remember picking up a Lariat for $75.00 from a Pennysaver Wanted ad.
Not in bad shape either. Wish I had more room. Sounds like another one I'd like to have
set up.. (T)

You're killin' me! That game is another grail of mine.

#8159 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

You're killin' me! That game is another grail of mine.

Yeah, back in the mid 90s, some days I had up to 6 or 7 calls on the answering machine
responding from small town Pennysaver ads. Quite a few I rejected, but a fair amount not,
and when I returned the call and heard Lariat, there wasn't much hesitation. Withing a couple
hours, a Lariat was in the back of my truck. I got in the hobby at the right time when the Ems
weren't too old, but old enough not to be working any longer and Graigs List wasn't popular..
For these days, you're doing good with the machines that you have.
You have that rare young EM drive, and I'm pushing for you to get that project Star Jet.
That really is where my eyes are focusing. I was with Friends tonight. Alcohol is like a form of
truth serium.. Waking up tomorrow, I won't be so open, but that won't change anything.. (T)

#8161 2 years ago

Jr got lucky on finding a Wms King Pin a week ago and I got lucky this past weekend.

1st Williams

14888332389431640294954 (resized).jpg

#8162 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Jr got lucky on finding a Wms King Pin a week ago and I got lucky this past weekend.
1st Williams

Sweet, you never forget your first Williams. Seriously though, congratulations. That was actually one on your want list wasn't it?

#8163 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

1st Williams

Uh oh... let's hope it's not like some kind of illness and starts to spread. Just kidding.

Congrats!

#8164 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Uh oh... let's hope it's not like some kind of illness and starts to spread. Just kidding.
Congrats!

That's what happened to me. I got sick real bad for awhile. I think it's virus as it still flares up now and then.

#8165 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

1st Williams

Must be like xmas at your place!

#8166 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Sweet, you never forget your first Williams. Seriously though, congratulations. That was actually one on your want list wasn't it?

Yes it was.

I remember playing this one in the bowling alley back in the day.

Quoted from o-din:

Congrats!

Really like the Norm Clark design and flow of the playfield. I also like your Skill Pool

Quoted from SYS6:

Must be like xmas at your place!

It's always Christmas when you own a Christmas Tree Farm

#8167 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I got lucky this past weekend.

Way to go Hoov. Never played it but looks great and I love early 60's Williams.

#8168 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Really like the Norm Clark design and flow of the playfield. I also like your Skill Pool

I had them both at the same time, but a lot of people were interested in getting the King Pin so I sold it and kept Skill Pool. I like having at least one of those games with the big cluster of rollover buttons that you need to complete to advance in my collection.

#8169 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

1st Williams

Wow, twins separated at birth! It looks to be in very similar condition to the one I found. Your backglass looks like it's even better than mine. Are the legs supposed to be grey? Mine are exactly the same.

#8170 2 years ago

Going way back in the time machine: 1949

IMG_1672 (resized).JPG

IMG_1674 (resized).JPG

IMG_1673 (resized).JPG

#8171 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow, twins separated at birth! It looks to be in very similar condition to the one I found. Your backglass looks like it's even better than mine. Are the legs supposed to be grey? Mine are exactly the same.

My backglass isn't very good in the top center/top left center - previous owner touched up. Previous owner painted the legs w/Rustoleum hammertone grey.

Congrats to both of us! Good player - I especially like the way the rollovers are tied in with the advancement/ruleset - and fits the bowling theme well. Norm did a great job on his 1st game.

#8172 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Norm did a great job on his 1st game.

Yes he did. He did a lot of good stuff after that too. I probably have five or six of his now and they are some of my most played games. But no King Pin anymore. Anyway, enjoy them!

#8173 2 years ago

Hey,hoov.seen one king pin on st.Louis Craigslist.went within 24 hours.is that the machine.almost went for it myself. But budget wouldn't allow it.bought gott big shot a couple weeks ago on Craig in Indy.posted before after pics of play field on parts thread.also gather a few spare parts.switches ,score reel drive crank cogs ,pinball resource has them.the cogs.eBay for switches.anyway good luck with it.also I have a skill pool.that is what I'm learning so far about reverse wedgys.

#8174 2 years ago

Ed Krynski row.

IMG_20170309_170954 (resized).jpg

#8175 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Hey,hoov.seen one king pin on st.Louis Craigslist.went within 24 hours.is that the machine.almost went for it myself. But budget wouldn't allow it.bought gott big shot a couple weeks ago on Craig in Indy.posted before after pics of play field on parts thread.also gather a few spare parts.switches ,score reel drive crank cogs ,pinball resource has them.the cogs.eBay for switches.anyway good luck with it.also I have a skill pool.that is what I'm learning so far about reverse wedgys.

That's the one if you're talking about last weekend.

If you ever sell that Skill Pool let me know. I like to try them all out at least once I'm also looking for a few other reverse wedgeheads and give them a whirl too..................

#8176 2 years ago

KC Jones- Gottlieb 1949- 782 out of 800 made. RARE, Barn auction find in eastern North Carolina. Still plays, and that authentic train bell it features startles my girlfriend awake everytime! Hahaha

kc3 (resized).jpg

kc5 (resized).jpg

kc6 (resized).jpg

kc9 (resized).jpg

kc12 (resized).jpg

#8177 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Ed Krynski row.

Very very nice.

...also...

Thanks for posting this. Not one you see every day. (Or one I've EVER seen.)

#8178 2 years ago

What a beauty. Fitting in VERY nicely and still has that "new pin addition" feel!

IMG_6157 (resized).JPG

#8179 2 years ago
Quoted from crosbyjack:

KC Jones- Gottlieb 1949- 782 out of 800 made. RARE, Barn auction find in eastern North Carolina. Still plays, and that authentic train bell it features startles my girlfriend awake everytime! Hahaha

Whoa! Awesome pick up. That's an extremely tough one to find. I've seen maybe two or three ever.

#8180 2 years ago

Finally got Ding Dong shopped out. This one took awhile. Lots of contact cleaning, adjustments and a shorted coil. Would never of considered this game but it was a package deal that was in my Volley purchase. After getting it running, it's a very fun game. Might Bgresto the backglass and make it a keeper. Score reels are still dirty, haven't gotten to that part.

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#8181 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Finally got Ding Dong shopped out. This one took awhile. Lots of contact cleaning, adjustments and a shorted coil. Would never of considered this game but it was a package deal that was in my Volley purchase. After getting it running, it's a very fun game. Might Bgresto the backglass and make it a keeper. Score reels are still dirty, haven't gotten to that part.

Nice job. Took interest in the one in the market but I guess I didn't make my words serious enough because now it's pending to another No big deal, I'll find one one day, not really "on my list" per se but I wouldn't mind owning one. Gotta start thinking about space anyways.

#8182 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Glad to hear that your "Ding Dong" is functioning properly!

#8183 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Glad to hear that your "Ding Dong" is functioning properly!

Never forget! Thankfully even though the title was edited the link always remains

Screenshot_4427 (resized).png

#8184 2 years ago

That was funny.

#8185 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

That was funny. Who would ever consider a Ding Dong in their collection?

There's a truly awful Jenner joke there but I won't make it.

#8186 2 years ago

Finally got around to shopping (cleaning and waxing pretty much) my Gottlieb Mibs. Turned out beautiful. Awaiting new rubbers. This game plays really great.

IMG_6945 (resized).JPG

#8187 2 years ago

What's that. Bowling queen?

#8188 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

What's that. Bowling queen?

gottlieb used the same design on 3 games, rack a ball 1962, bowling queen 1964 and mibs 1969

#8189 2 years ago

Otaku,like the looks of your wild west.can you show play field.was maybe wanting a western theme game also.but haven't seen any that tripped my trigger.ha ha.seriously ,would like to check your play field out.back glass makes it look like fun game.

#8190 2 years ago

Acquired this beautiful Sky Jump from Nick Raschilla's collection. It plays as good as it looks! Vic Camp kindly introduced me to him a few years ago. Nick meticulously remanufactures / zero times each restoration he performs and the outcome is always stunning. You can view some of his collection on Pinball Owners .... he goes by specialwhenlit

IMG_0264 (resized).JPG

IMG_0290 (resized).JPG

IMG_0296 (resized).JPG

IMG_0306 (resized).JPG

IMG_0312 (resized).JPG

#8191 2 years ago

Putting the finishing touches on this very nice Gran Prix today.

IMG_2390 (resized).JPG

IMG_2391 (resized).JPG

#8192 2 years ago

Score reel inflation on that Grand Prix. Looks fun though.

#8193 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Acquired this beautiful Sky Jump from Nick Raschilla's collection. It plays as good as it looks! Vic Camp kindly introduced me to him a few years ago. Nick meticulously remanufactures / zero times each restoration he performs and the outcome is always stunning. You can view some of his collection on Pinball Owners .... he goes by specialwhenlit

Is that a Wade Krause playfield? Looks beautiful either way!

#8194 2 years ago

No, it's original. I do however, have one coming soon from Wade.

#8195 2 years ago

Nice job Bob,I take it you are a home restorer also.looks great.and budman .beautiful. Just, I don't think I could afford that ha ha..I've heard of those guys online,but only been in hobby about a year.a lot to learn still. Would love to see Krause playfield when you aquire it.please post a photo .

#8196 2 years ago

I don't think that Sky Jump needs a new playfield.

#8197 2 years ago
Quoted from crosbyjack:

I have always wanted to play one of these. Very nice rare find! That machine is a keeper for sure.

#8198 2 years ago

A pinball machine that you do not see too often: RECEL Lady Luck 1976 !!

This machine is finally working thanks to John Clements in Raleigh who was kind enough to take her in for a couple of weeks. Although there are still a few things not working to my liking, the machine and the multi-players unit is functioning correctly:
DSC02723 (resized).JPG
It is a very fast pinball, as the playfield is entirely covered with a special plastic sheet. I enjoy very much playing that machine and it offers enough challenge to stay interesting. It has Extra Ball, Match and Special to keep the players alert. It also has one of the first sound board designed to replace the Chime unit, found on most machines of that era. I suppose this was an early attempt to Solid State technology that was looming around, in 1975-76. It sounds okay, but somewhat I like the chime/bells units better, on electro-mechanical machines. I will try to substitute that sound board with a Gottlieb Chime Unit, if I manage to find one.
DSC02724 (resized).JPG
DSC02725 (resized).JPG
DSC02726 (resized).JPG
DSC02727 (resized).JPG
DSC02728 (resized).JPG
For those who wishes to follow the details of the restoration, here is the link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ycv-recel-lady-luck-restoration-my-first-em

Yves

#8199 2 years ago

I love Mayfair also.

#8200 2 years ago

I have held flyers for most of my machines for some time but struggled as to how best to display them. Anyhow had a brainwave that display in the form of the backbox livery might be ok. These are the results of the first three:

canon18032017 001 (resized).JPG

canon18032017 003 (resized).JPG

canon18032017 002 (resized).JPG

canon18032017 004 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Peoria, IL
$ 11,500.00
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside