20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 275.
#8101 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

The moment you drop the hammer on that decision is the moment I'm driving up there. Or perhaps I will fly...

Gigi sure is an interesting looking machine, that's a whole lot of pop bumpers on that playfield. I wonder what the record is. (and if it holds it) Definitely surpasses Slick Chick and Majorettes, just checked.

Only three live bumpers on "Gigi".
Three EMS off the top of my head that have six live pop bumpers (I don't think any have more) "Corral", "Show Boat", and "Thoro-Bred". "Nags" and "Hayburners" too, I believe. I once owned a "modern" game that also had six; "Whirlwind".
I don't think any other SS or DMD game even had six.

#8102 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Three EMS off the top of my head that have six live pop bumpers (I don't think any have more) "Corral", "Show Boat", and "Thoro-Bred". "Nags" and "Hayburners" too, I believe. I once owned a "modern" game that also had six; "Whirlwind".

of those listed Nags is the best, but i also like thoro bred
i did grow up at the race track so the horse theme is a plus.
gigi is a game a love to hate. i sold mine a while ago and it one of the few i regretted selling.

#8103 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Whirlwind.

#8104 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Found these locally. Just trying to get the owner to part with them now!

Blue Chip and 2001 are such fun games. Good luck!

#8105 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

someone mentioned Whirlwind, but also Monopoly.

#8106 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Man, you're right on top of things! We'll see. Maybe you'll come up with something for a trading piece..
I have the Majorettes set up, and also have both Slick Chick and Gigi, and if I was going to trade/sell
one, it would be the Gigi, although I never played either..

I actually got exposed to Majorettes, Slick Chick, and Gigi all at the same time at a collector's home over a decade ago. I found examples of all three since then and still own the Majorettes and Slick Chick. Sold the Gigi due to space and its condition wasn't the best. I have a friend that is close by that has an excellent Gigi so I can get my fix at his house.

I highly recommend not selling a game, and an iconic game at that, before you have ever really played/experienced it. Try and get some play time on it before you make your decision. I'd hate for you to find out down the road you regret selling.

#8107 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

LOL El Toro... the eternal scapegoat. It's hardly THAT bad. I'd rather have it than Roller Coaster or Stock Car or Aquarius or geez... a lot of 'em. Like the look of it too.
Crazy list. Orbit better than Volley? 4 Million BC worse than Pop-A-Card? We need a few thousand more votes, methinks. :p :p :p

I was feeling a teeeeeeeny bit offended by comments on my prized possession Aquarius lately. I know its not a great player but it holds huge sentimental value to me. Ive lived with it being thought of as bottom of the barrel...... until now!
Vindication????

Post from PAPA 2017 game announcement thread

Just revealed - Classics II - Gottlieb Aquarius

#8108 7 years ago

Over the weekend I added a bunch of new machines to the collection. One of them is Rack-A-Ball, it has some wear front and center but plays great. What a fun machine, the backglass is cool as hell with the balls dropping down as you claim them.

IMG_7020 (resized).JPGIMG_7020 (resized).JPG

IMG_7021 (resized).JPGIMG_7021 (resized).JPG

#8109 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ripley's has six as well. And a vari-target. Gottlieb's Goin' Nuts has seven pop bumpers.

#8110 7 years ago

I picked up a Gottlieb Aquarius about a year ago and honestly just tucked it away in a shed until recently. A fellow pinballer held a EM workshop and said bring games to learn on. Up until then I had never plugged it in as the cord was falling apart. Long story short, I got it going after the work shop, in the process of cleaning it and ordered some parts from PBR. Hope to have it all back together in a week or so. I don't see it as a keeper, but I think it will make a great entry level pin for someone wanting their first game or maybe a game they can afford? We will see.. I don't see it making the game room, but it will be a fun game to keep in the garage until I decide what I'm doing with it long or short term.

#8111 7 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

I was feeling a teeeeeeeny bit offended by comments on my prized possession Aquarius lately. I know its not a great player but it holds huge sentimental value to me. Ive lived with it being thought of as bottom of the barrel...... until now!
Vindication????

I picked up a Gottlieb Aquarius about a year ago and honestly just tucked it away in a shed until recently. A fellow pinballer held a EM workshop and said bring games to learn on. Up until then I had never plugged it in as the cord was falling apart. Long story short, I got it going after the work shop, in the process of cleaning it and ordered some parts from PBR. Hope to have it all back together in a week or so. I don't see it as a keeper, but I think it will make a great entry level pin for someone wanting their first game or maybe a game they can afford? We will see.. I don't see it making the game room, but it will be a fun game to keep in the garage until I decide what I'm doing with it long or short term.

#8112 7 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

Vindication????

i

i like the game myself, it is no Atlantis but i like the flow. i picked up a real nice example with almost no wear and mint bg it was cheap compared to other wedgehead titles. as room dictates something will always have to go.

#8113 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i
i like the game myself, it is no Atlantis but i like the flow.

Im really not all that sensitive about its popularity. If it didnt have sentimental value I would have probably flipped it myself by now as well!!!

#8114 7 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

Im really not all that sensitive about its popularity. If it didnt have sentimental value I would have probably flipped it myself by now as well!!!

i like almost all the wedgeheads with only a few exceptions. i think most could point out the real duds.
this isn't a bad player. with my limited space i am sure it will not be hear this time next year.

#8115 7 years ago

I'm an Aquarius but would not be able to make room for that machine.

#8116 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Brian it is to mainstream for your collection.
it is a strong C to weak B title at best
but i do like it non the less

#8117 7 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

Vindication????

Aquarius is fun, from looking at the pictures again it looks like TONS of fun. Not sure on the recent hate about it, weird. I'd love to own one and it is definitely on my wedgehead 'want' list, on the top-end, actually.

My friend and fellow pinsider Vic Camp has a really nice one in his fantastic wedgehead collection and considering it made it down there out of all the wedgeheads that didn't, don't feel too bad about it!

(I've set it to play from the Aquarius part but the whole video is really good and one of my favorites, I would recommend watching the whole thing sometime if you find the time)

Sounds like he not only had it shipped to him but also shipped a crate out to get it, and he always puts many many hours in on his games so it must be a keeper for him.

I love the art on it. The late 60's (1970 & 1971 goes for that too for me*) wedgeheads take up the majority of my own wedgehead collection, unlike a lot of others. To me the 2" flippers mixed with the Art Stenholm artwork really makes for a lot of beautiful games. Some of the rulesets are some of the most diverse too.

*(1971 Playball was the first with 3" flippers but considering they still released many 2" flipper games after that, 1972 Flying Carpet looks to be the first game with 3" flippers that ended the 2" flipper era for Gottlieb, 1972 Grand Slam was the first replay wedgehead with 10,000+ scoring)

#8118 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But it does have the flipper size, that you prefer.

#8119 7 years ago

As much as I like a lot of Art Stenholm's work I am not crazy about that one. Same with MIBS. I went to look at one for sale and walked...

Now Surf Side, Heat Wave, and Eager Beaver are another story.

#8120 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

But it does have the flipper size, that you prefer.

it isn't the size of the flippers how you flip them

#8121 7 years ago

I remember my very first time playing wedgeheads in a collection (and 1 Williams single-player title, Beat The Clock) my friend Joe who owned them, who I've posted about a few times, asked me which my favorites were and I said something along the lines of "The ones without the small flippers!", hah.

Definitely came to love them and prefer them.

#8122 7 years ago

i do not always like the top rated games over others. in my top 5 wedgeheads i have 4 square and volley
so that should tell you i have odd taste

#8123 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As much as I like a lot of Art Stenholm's work I am not crazy about that one. Same with MIBS. I went to look at one for sale and walked...
Now Surf Side, Heat Wave, and Eager Beaver are another story.

While he did a good share of wedgeheads, a lot of his great works for Gottlieb are on multiplayer titles of the time too. I love them, the little flippers especially add more "flavor" in that department and I would assume that era of multiplayers would appeal more to the picky collector than the early 70's (pre-drop-target) ones, although I very much love both. Obviously & unfortunately multiplayer titles don't hold up to the hype that the wedgeheads do (well, unless it's a copy of a 70's wedgehead playfield which adds like $600 to the cost...), but they're really great in my opinion and I have another one I actually had been seeking out a few months back (I usually let the games come to me) coming into my collection tomorrow!

I know you love Surf Side o-din, (and also love your multiplayers, which is nice to see) but it is not that one - but I get to enjoy that at the Silverball Museum and definitely would love to own one one day however.

#8124 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it isn't the size of the flippers how you flip them

It's not how you hit the ball , it's how you swing the bat !

#8125 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I love them, the little flippers especially add more "flavor" in that department and I would assume that era of multiplayers would appeal more to the picky collector than the early 70's (pre-drop-target) ones, although I very much love both. Obviously & unfortunately multiplayer titles don't hold up to the hype

It's probably pretty obvious by now most of my multiplayer games are Williams from the 60s. And I get drop targets and short flippers on several of those. Surf Side just adds a little variety and is very nice to look at.

#8126 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's probably pretty obvious by now most of my multiplayer games are Williams from the 60s.

Yes. Although I am a big fan and collector myself, sometimes you deserve the Williams icon more than I do!

#8127 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Yes. Although I am a big fan and collector myself, sometimes you deserve the Williams icon more than I do!

I just go after the games I feel play and look the best no matter who made them. And the ones that get the most play by myself and others stay.

#8128 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just go after the games I feel play and look the best no matter who made them. And the ones that get the most play by myself and others stay.

playability trumps everything else
but the art plays a big part

#8129 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

art plays a big part

Art plays a big part on several of my machines. Stenholm that is....

#8130 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ripley's has six as well. And a vari-target. Gottlieb's Goin' Nuts has seven pop bumpers.

Wow, ok. Seven is the most then. Never saw that game before.

#8131 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Never saw that game before.

With only 10 made, Goin' Nuts is highly collectible and priced accordingly.

#8132 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Over the weekend I added a bunch of new machines to the collection. One of them is Rack-A-Ball, it has some wear front and center but plays great. What a fun machine, the backglass is cool as hell with the balls dropping down as you claim them.

I love "Rack a Ball" as well as "Bowling Queen". The differences in the cabinets give each a slightly different feel although they are basically the same game.

#8133 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow, ok. Seven is the most then. Never saw that game before.

Does it count if there's only 70 pop bumpers in the world in total for that game?

#8134 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With only 10 made, Goin' Nuts is highly collectible and priced accordingly.

Probably why I've never seen one!

#8135 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With only 10 made, Goin' Nuts is highly collectible and priced accordingly

There's one for play at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. If you're ever out that way, you should check it out.

#8136 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Try and get some play time on it before you make your decision.

Yes, good advice. At the present, I have pretty much all Add-a-Balls set up
because that's what me myself enjoy most. Once I get room, I have many more
machines I'd like to have set up and not sure how much room I have for replay
machines, although should have some. The upstairs' addition has many stored
machines, thus can't finish it off. All other buildings are full. I do need to let
loose of some machines to make room. Like you say, going through them before
letting them go would be best, but because of other projects (non-pinball related)
limits my time to go through every one.. (T)

#8137 7 years ago

I finally got this Darts near where I want it to be. Tore it all apart and gave it a good tune-up. Re-glued all the inserts and touched up the playfield in several spots to the best of my ability. And a new backglass tops it all off. I'd say it's a keeper. It plays snappy and is a whole lot of fun.

DSCN5280 (resized).JPGDSCN5280 (resized).JPG

#8138 7 years ago

DSCN5281 (resized).JPGDSCN5281 (resized).JPG

#8139 7 years ago

Boy, that kick out hole wear/scratch on the right side is in a strategic location. Had to look at that up close, thinking there's no way the original artwork included an areola!

#8140 7 years ago

I usually don't seek out games and I let them find me (including the ones I actively want), but I picked up this hard-to-find beauty tonight after I was contacted from a 10-month-old expired wanted ad I made back in April of 2016, one of my only! Glad I did! It is in pretty great condition (cabinet has some wear, but if any title can do "patina" it must be this one!), exactly what I was looking for actually, matches my posted description very well and even more/beyond as it is 100% working even though I would have accepted a mechanical-project, what a plus! Looks like it was 'destined to be'. Got it before it was listed anywhere. Not many of these left at all, and a fantastic game. One day I hope to own a nice example of the extremely rare add-a-ball version, Lariat, as well. I love playing that game at the Silverball Museum. Cosmetically though I think this title is the winner perhaps! The glass is much nicer of a design in my opinion... even down to the credit counter, which is now one of my favorite designs on any game! Great way to incorporate it into the art package/theme!

I was waiting on some fund transfers in my bank so I took a look at it last Monday and finally took it home tonight in my second mini-trip (I live in PA half the time, which is where I grabbed it, pretty local town) as planned. It will be making the trek with me to my New Jersey gameroom tomorrow after spending the night in the car. Looks like it's heading back into the state it originally was shipped to according to the operator sticker, the lovely state of NJ! Looks like the company was run out of a house right off the beach of Sea Isle City, NJ. (That being said - I guess we'll see if it was on the boardwalk once I get it set up - inside-cabinet-sniff test lets you know wherever it was, especially beachfront boardwalks! Considering my location, I have a lot of boardwalk machines, definitely not a bad smell - this doesn't seem like a beachy game though, but I suppose anything goes! Realistically, I would picture it more in the suburbs (and also could have likely been, NJ has lots of small towns close together all over) - non-realistically, how about a saloon out West! Much much better and important yet, I'm picturing it in my basement gameroom already!)

Yee-haw!

IMG_4678 (resized).JPGIMG_4678 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_4343 (resized).pngScreenshot_4343 (resized).png
otakuwildwildwestpinball2 (resized).jpgotakuwildwildwestpinball2 (resized).jpg
otakuwildwildwestpinball (resized).jpgotakuwildwildwestpinball (resized).jpg

#8141 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I finally got this Darts near where I want it to be. Tore it all apart and gave it a good tune-up. Re-glued all the inserts and touched up the playfield in several spots to the best of my ability. And a new backglass tops it all off. I'd say it's a keeper. It plays snappy and is a whole lot of fun.

And has a shelf!

#8142 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Had to look at that up close, thinking there's no way the original artwork included an areola!

No, that's original. But the hands were a pain to get right.

#8143 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

and touched up the playfield in several spots to the best of my ability.

Enhanced ('touched up') the playfield art work.. HHmmm!

Quoted from stashyboy:

thinking there's no way the original artwork included an ...

#8144 7 years ago

This new backglass sure is lovely.

DSCN5282 (resized).JPGDSCN5282 (resized).JPG

#8145 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

And has a shelf!

Damn. I need an old Williams with a drink shelf. Nice!

#8146 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

And has a shelf!

Quoted from dasvis:

I need an old Williams with a drink shelf. Nice!

Yep! The only thing missing is an ashtray, but I'm getting close to figuring that one out.

DSCN5288 (resized).JPGDSCN5288 (resized).JPG

#8147 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The only thing missing is an ashtray, but I'm getting close to figuring that out.

On that shelf, on the left, isn't that a cigarette holder?

Maybe you can find a nice vintage tray like the one below.
th5V9EPOU5ASHTray (resized).jpgth5V9EPOU5ASHTray (resized).jpg

#8148 7 years ago

My dad had a friend named Bill Holder.

#8149 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

On that shelf, on the left, isn't that a cigarette holder?
Maybe you can find a nice vintage tray like the one below.

I found one of these in an old shed. Still got it.
I found a vintage airplane ashtray with light once at a customers shop. I offered to buy it. Never saw a guy laugh so hard.

#8150 7 years ago

I love the back glass on Lariat!

It has a lot of great elements:

Irresponsible use of a vehicle and firearms, an Indian playing pinball, a cowboy falling off a horse,
rabbits and snakes, hot cowgirls.
You just know there are a few empty Jack Daniels bottles rolling around the floor of that car.

One of my favorite games to play at Silverball. I'd love to have one!

E

11 (resized).JPG11 (resized).JPG

Lariat2 (resized).jpgLariat2 (resized).jpg

0205162308b (resized).jpg0205162308b (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 38.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Covington, LA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
£ 38.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.