20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
20240413_220205 (resized).jpg
20240413_215945 (resized).jpg
20240413_220157 (resized).jpg
20240413_215929 (resized).jpg
20240413_215858 (resized).jpg
There are 13,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 275.
#8051 7 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

arrived today via a container imported from germany back into australia.
game works but has a damaged perspex backglass around the credit wheel..have ordered and payed for a repro from backglass resto..

Wow - Shipping has to be pretty pricey on that.

#8052 7 years ago

We have been working on our Jacks Open we got a couple of months ago.
It is now playing 100%. What a great, fun game.
We are in the process of changing out all the cupped inserts. So far we have done them all except the ones in the center that say "Shoot For". We even made new ones for the top rollovers that have the card suit artwork on them. They came out really nice.
I do have a question about the pop bumper light behavior. On a 5 ball game like we have it set for the two 100 when lit pops stay lit the entire game. They never go off except when they blink when we score a few thousand points from the drops. But they always default to on. This does not seem correct to me, but maybe it is.
Anyway here are the photos.

IMG_3475 (resized).JPGIMG_3475 (resized).JPG

IMG_3476 (resized).JPGIMG_3476 (resized).JPG

IMG_3477 (resized).JPGIMG_3477 (resized).JPG

IMG_3478 (resized).JPGIMG_3478 (resized).JPG

IMG_3479 (resized).JPGIMG_3479 (resized).JPG

IMG_3480 (resized).JPGIMG_3480 (resized).JPG

#8053 7 years ago

Fashion show looks to have a nice playfield. Must of cost a lot to have it shipped.

#8054 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Fashion show looks to have a nice playfield. Must of cost a lot to have it shipped.

was part of 60 em pinballs in a container that a friend imported..all multi players from 1962 to 1976.

#8055 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I do have a question about the pop bumper light behavior. On a 5 ball game like we have it set for the two 100 when lit pops stay lit the entire game. They never go off except when they blink when we score a few thousand points from the drops.

my JO is same way

#8056 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I played O-din's a few weeks ago, and grew to appreciate it more than before, but still think
it a bit limited in gameplay, basically a one shot game.

For a 60s Gottlieb multiplayer, it's holding it's own pretty well here. It's got good overall geometry, and if you get it back up thru the pops it will go back thru the upper rollovers, and the plunge shot is always a challenge.

#8057 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

my JO is same way

Awesome. Thanks.
Makes you wonder why the caps say "When lit" on them though. lol

#8058 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Awesome. Thanks.
Makes you wonder why the caps say "When lit" on them though. lol

So if you (under decently rare circumstances) trigger them while the motor is running you don't complain that you were "cheated" out of points, hence why they shut off while the motor is running, it's pretty standard on all Gottlieb games that have always-lit pop bumpers. Many games do actually do as assumed though and only activate the lit point score sometimes through various methods/challenges.

It's funny though because if it's a single (10, 100, 1000, etc.) point score it usually doesn't run through the motor anyways, but like if you strike it while you're being awarded several points of the same denomination you may not correctly get your point score meant to be given from hitting it. Insanely rare but still. Matters more on multi-point scores (50, 500, 5000, etc.) because the motor needs to run for that - and if you need that while the motor is already running, it obviously creates an issue. So while it didn't matter much for the single-point scores, it probably became standard and also convieniently covered the extreme rarity of the single-point issues as well.

#8059 7 years ago

Still unpacking and setting up my gameroom.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8060 7 years ago

wow.... that looks amazing

#8061 7 years ago

Nice having room for the bowler. Those are always a ton of fun.

#8062 7 years ago

Looks great! Stopped myself from saying anything about your collection.

#8063 7 years ago

Found these locally. Just trying to get the owner to part with them now!

IMG_0091 (resized).JPGIMG_0091 (resized).JPG

IMG_0096 (resized).JPGIMG_0096 (resized).JPG

IMG_0097 (resized).JPGIMG_0097 (resized).JPG

IMG_0092 (resized).JPGIMG_0092 (resized).JPG

#8064 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

So if you (under decently rare circumstances) trigger them while the motor is running you don't complain that you were "cheated" out of points, hence why they shut off while the motor is running, it's pretty standard on all Gottlieb games that have always-lit pop bumpers. Many games do actually do as assumed though and only activate the lit point score sometimes through various methods/challenges.
It's funny though because if it's a single (10, 100, 1000, etc.) point score it usually doesn't run through the motor anyways, but like if you strike it while you're being awarded several points of the same denomination you may not correctly get your point score meant to be given from hitting it. Insanely rare but still. Matters more on multi-point scores (50, 500, 5000, etc.) because the motor needs to run for that - and if you need that while the motor is already running, it obviously creates an issue. So while it didn't matter much for the single-point scores, it probably became standard and also convieniently covered the extreme rarity of the single-point issues as well.

Awesome explanation. Thanks.

#8065 7 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

Ah, so you did get a "Golden Arrow"!

#8066 7 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

Coming together nice - my biggest dilemma would be where to put a big ball bowler because I've never owned one. I like the way you put that towards the center of the room because I hear they're popular when you have people over.

#8067 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Found these locally. Just trying to get the owner to part with them now!

That 2001 is a great game and the one you're trying to get is better than most.

I've had three of them and cabinets are usually beat up, the backglasses have some stages of flaking, and the playfields have the wear below the kickouts to some degree.

#8068 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ah, so you did get a "Golden Arrow"!

Long story, but I did get one. It was actually mine many years ago . It changed hands a few times , but I got it back.

#8069 7 years ago

Picked this up today. Seller told me he had a lot of calls today, but I was fortunate to have seen the ad shortly after it was posted yesterday afternoon (CL). He was very honorable letting me have first shot at it since I was the first caller. No brainer!

00f0f_ayeacuax9Ny_1200x900 (resized).jpg00f0f_ayeacuax9Ny_1200x900 (resized).jpg

ad (resized).JPGad (resized).JPG

#8070 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Picked this up today. Seller told me he had a lot of calls today, but I was fortunate to have seen the ad shortly after it was posted yesterday afternoon (CL). He was very honorable letting me have first shot at it since I was the first caller. No brainer!

Awesome pickup! Williams King Pin & Gottlieb King Pin are both really really great games, I hear. (I have a lot of experience with Gottlieb King Pin but not so much the Williams one)

#8071 7 years ago

Here's the first video of my "Pretty Baby" during it's pf cleanup.

For some reason I didn't talk while filming so just a bunch of quiet, feel free to sing your favorite tune or do your own narration!

I have 2 more videos loading but the Internet speed out here past the woods stinks.

#8072 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yea, totally envious. Looks like a keeper for sure. Just very minor flaking on that glass. Playfield looks mint. How's the cabinet paint? They are often flaky .

#8073 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice.

On my want list.

#8074 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Yea, totally envious. Looks like a keeper for sure. Just very minor flaking on that glass. Playfield looks mint. How's the cabinet paint? They are often flaky .

This one is a bit yellowed, but not flaky as most of them are.

#8075 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Looks nice JR; would love to play that title.

#8076 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow jr you really need to be an eagle eye to establish why a pic earned an unsafe message!

#8077 7 years ago

Dragonette 1954 is now my current favorite - got to work out different strategies which has changed my opinion of this game. And the game is just so pretty and it helps that my p/f looks in better condition than recent Sterns! If they had added a jackpot special for taking out numbers 1-8, this would be my number 1 for sure. Pretty close as it is....

IMG_0940 (resized).JPGIMG_0940 (resized).JPG

#8078 7 years ago

Glad you got it. I was one of those callers. It looks great. If you shop it and sell it, let me know . I'm definitely interested.

#8079 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Wow jr you really need to be an eagle eye to establish why a pic earned an unsafe message!

Wow, didn't even notice. I guess my gaze was fixed on that nice pinny that was about to be mine!

#8080 7 years ago

Here's a nice matching set .

DSC08933 (resized).JPGDSC08933 (resized).JPG

DSC08932 (resized).JPGDSC08932 (resized).JPG

#8081 7 years ago
Quoted from luch:

With a wall mount too

#8082 7 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Awesome.
Which one gets played more?

#8083 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Awesome.
Which one gets played more?

I just got both of them only about a week ago , so right now since i have played the SS version at other people's houses , I have been playing the EM version a lot , there pretty scarce up here in Canada . only know of one other and it's not playable right now , going thru a resto soon

#8084 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Picked this up today.

Quoted from DaveBuckholts:

Here's the first video of my "Pretty Baby" during it's pf cleanup.

Between the two of you I see six metal 2 inch flipper bats. Very impressive!

#8085 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was skeptical if I would like the play on "Pretty Baby", but after all the rubbers being replaced and the pf being cleaned and waxed, it's actually a fun game.
I did notice that in pics from ipdb there is a rebound post (?) in between the flippers that is not present on the game pictured at ipdb. Maybe someone's mod? I have learned to use it to my advantage though... : )
I love the upper flippers on the "King Pin"! Sort of stuck up there toward the middle of the pf. The ones on "Jungle Queen" are closer to the 3" bats. They can help you or they can hurt you.

#8086 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveBuckholts:

I was skeptical if I would like the play on "Pretty Baby", but after all the rubbers being replaced and the pf being cleaned and waxed, it's actually a fun game.

I've found most 60s Williams games to be fun players. And their multiplayer games from that era are as good or better than any with a large variety of different features and good scoring rules. I'm always on the lookout for another.

I've not played Pretty Baby, but it looks to have a decent layout and those drop targets in front of the kickout holes look interesting. Flipper placement makes for some short ball times I'm sure.

#8087 7 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

Looks nice JR; would love to play that title.

There was one briefly at the Silverball Museum. That's the first place I ever played one. There used to be a lot more EMs there, and ones you don't see very often, but the newer stuff is starting to crowd out the vintage classics. Boo hiss!

#8088 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Picked this up today.

JR ... very, very nice pick-up!

#8089 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Love me them metal flippers!

#8090 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

There was one briefly at the Silverball Museum. That's the first place I ever played one. There used to be a lot more EMs there, and ones you don't see very often, but the newer stuff is starting to crowd out the vintage classics. Boo hiss!

All the EM's from Asbury went to the Del Ray Florida beach Silverball Museum location.

#8091 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

All the EM's from Asbury went to the Del Ray Florida beach Silverball Museum location.

All of them? Nah, I don't think so. Where's my "Flip-a-Card"?

#8092 7 years ago

A GTB King Pin I am restoring had quite a novel approach to freeplay-a string attached to the 2nd chute coin switch!

004 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG

#8093 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Quoted from jrpinball:

All of them? Nah, I don't think so. Where's my "Flip-a-Card"?

I went the other day and there is a healthy EM population there - still definitely not what it was before the second location opened, but doing quite alright. I think there was a bigger dip right when the other location first opened that they have since seem to have recovered from. No Flip-A-Card there.

#8094 7 years ago

Oh, and I'm still sad they sold their Blue Note to that silly(?) "pinball on a train" venture. They have a Rock Star but it's not in as nice of condition.

(I was trying to find the picture of the Blue Note on the train complete with the old Silverball Museum "topper" with the info about it and only ended up finding a comment by JR! D'oh! - http://www.pinballnews.com/news/pinballpendolino.html

Perhaps not so silly after all.)

#8095 7 years ago

Still searching for a nice example of Gottlieb GiGi for my friends Dad.

#8096 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I went the other day and there is a healthy EM population there - still definitely not what it was before the second location opened, but doing quite alright. I think there was a bigger dip right when the other location first opened that they have since seem to have recovered from. No Flip-A-Card there.

True, they still have a lot of EMs, even some rare ones, but at one time they had almost all of the Williams reverse wedgeheads and some scarce Bally single players such as "Magic Circle", and "Sky Divers". I guess he gauges popularity by checking the TPM, and if the game isn't getting played it gets yanked. The "Flip-a-Card" I sold them several years ago was getting played, and it played well. I should try to buy it back from him if he still has it somewhere.

#8097 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Still searching for a nice example of Gottlieb GiGi for my friends Dad.

I have Gigi, and the last I looked, it was very decent. I really like doing trades,
but then again, I really should start selling.. (T)

#8098 7 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I really should start selling.. (T)

The moment you drop the hammer on that decision is the moment I'm driving up there. Or perhaps I will fly...

Screenshot_4305 (resized).pngScreenshot_4305 (resized).png

Gigi sure is an interesting looking machine, that's a whole lot of pop bumpers on that playfield. I wonder what the record is. (and if it holds it) Definitely surpasses Slick Chick and Majorettes, just checked.

#8099 7 years ago

Speaking of which, test fit complete... not a 100% perfect fit yet (more like 98%), but with some mounting changes/additions it'll do just fine and will look great. Still have to shorten the cabinet height-wise for cosmetic purposes and have a master plan ready for that of course before it is sanded, bondo'd, and painted.

Still have to rewire the head from scratch, coming soon. Also still have yet to locate a head cabinet, might just have one built soon.

Fresh update that I haven't posted elsewhere yet: Just installed much-needed brand new fuse holders the other day, after I took this picture and posted a different update on my restoration thread. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/saving-1963-star-jet-saving-working-very-rare-part-out-destroyed-em)

(Yes the pop bumper bodies/caps are incorrect, came that way, will be "fixed")

82b5cf2a6625bf65a8b1fd5cca6962d3e48b6b74.png (resized).jpg82b5cf2a6625bf65a8b1fd5cca6962d3e48b6b74.png (resized).jpg

#8100 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

The moment you drop the hammer on that decision is the moment I'm driving up there.

Man, you're right on top of things! We'll see. Maybe you'll come up with something for a trading piece..
I have the Majorettes set up, and also have both Slick Chick and Gigi, and if I was going to trade/sell
one, it would be the Gigi, although I never played either..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
£ 38.00
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 13,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/162?hl=davebuckholts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.