20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 275.
#7901 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Speaking of EM collections, has anyone seen or heard from the young man on here who goes by Otaku on pinside? Sent him a couple pm's with no response and when I looked him up he's not been on the site since the end of January. Thought it was funny cause he was on here a lot.
Russ

he was flamed over a post he made about bgresto
i think he took everyone's advice and took a break

#7902 7 years ago

Here it is.

DSC01498 (resized).JPGDSC01498 (resized).JPG

DSC01499 (resized).JPGDSC01499 (resized).JPG

DSC01500 (resized).JPGDSC01500 (resized).JPG

DSC01501 (resized).JPGDSC01501 (resized).JPG

DSC01502 (resized).JPGDSC01502 (resized).JPG

DSC01503 (resized).JPGDSC01503 (resized).JPG

#7903 7 years ago

i always like those games that had a lot of wood grain on the pf. my favorite one id just 21
this one looks great

image-9 (resized).jpgimage-9 (resized).jpg

#7904 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

he was flamed over a post he made about bgresto
i think he took everyone's advice and took a break

Maybe he is still butt hurt over the Steve at PBR thing. Kids.

#7905 7 years ago

Yea.....he took that kind of hard.

#7906 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i always like those games that had a lot of wood grain on the pf. my favorite one id just 21
this one looks great

That looks like a great game, Boilerman!

#7907 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Maybe he is still butt hurt over the Steve at PBR thing. Kids.

he pissed steve off to the point steve said he was banned from ordering ever again

Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Yea.....he took that kind of hard.

his problem was he tried to be in every post and added very little, he should of lurked for a while and just learned
he did not take criticism very well. you need a thick skin in this hobby.
his feeling were hurt but i am sure he will get over it at some point.

#7908 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

That looks like a great game, Boilerman!

i have never owned one but always wanted one. not very common

#7909 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Coolest cab art ever.

#7910 7 years ago

The ball launches from between the flippers.
Looks like you can aim it?

#7911 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Coolest cab art ever.

it does have a great cabinet art package but i never understood the connection between "21" cards and a rocket ship?

#7912 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it does have a great cabinet art package but i never understood the connection between "21" cards and a rocket ship?

Nope, it's weird but sort of charming in it's mismatched style.

#7913 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Well then, here ya go! You might even know this guy.

ebay.com link: Just 21 Gottlieb 1950 woodrail Pinball Machine Beautiful

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#7914 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well then, here ya go! You might even know this guy.
ebay.com link » Just 21 Gottlieb 1950 Woodrail Pinball Machine Beautiful

i know our buddy has one. i could get it for much much less than that. but even then it would be a bit pricey
i only played it once at a show so i don't know how the long term game play would be. but the art is killer

#7915 7 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Well, the lightbox of my first Roto-Target game followed me home on Friday. Picking up the lower part tomorrow. Playfield is really nice.
One of my favorite Roy Parker pieces.

Looking forward to playing this one!

#7916 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i only played it once at a show so i don't know how the long term game play would be. but the art is killer

It sucks when the gameplay is nowhere as good as the artwork. I couldn't tell you, I didn't play it.

#7917 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It sucks when the gameplay is nowhere as good as the artwork.

Yep. For me, the gameplay is the game. Has to be there.

#7918 7 years ago

I picked this up recently.

unnamed (9) (resized).jpgunnamed (9) (resized).jpg

#7919 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i know our buddy has one. i could get it for much much less than that. but even then it would be a bit pricey

Dave,
I seem to recall that Dirtflipper had a Just 21 available last year.

Gottlieb's 1950 Bank-A-Ball is, of course, the same genre game, with a turret shooter. Since taking the photo below, I leveled the inserts. I like having unusual games like this (or Just 21) in the line-up, for the sake of variety. The gameplay is substantially different than pinball machines with typical pop-bumper and rollover layouts. In fact, Bank-A-Ball mimics the actual game of billiards more accurately than traditional pinball games of the same theme.

20160229_204619 (resized).jpg20160229_204619 (resized).jpg

#7920 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Gottlieb's 1950 Bank-A-Ball

is a great game and much much better than Just 21
Bank a Ball makes you want to start another game everytime
with Just 21, i was done after 2 games.

#7921 7 years ago

I'm of the opinion that Harry Mabs was one of the true innovators in pinball. And the design and layouts of both Bank-A-Ball and Just 21 showed he was willing to think outside the box (well, he pretty much built the box) and try different things.

#7922 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Dave,
I seem to recall that Dirtflipper had a Just 21 available last year.
Gottlieb's 1950 Bank-A-Ball is, of course, the same genre game, with a turret shooter. Since taking the photo below, I leveled the inserts. I like having unusual games like this (or Just 21) in the line-up, for the sake of variety. The gameplay is substantially different than pinball machines with typical pop-bumper and rollover layouts. In fact, Bank-A-Ball mimics the actual game of billiards more accurately than traditional pinball games of the same theme.

Bruce,
i have played bank a ball and it is a good player. like pinwiztom said, i pulls you bank again for just one more game
BaB is a game you don't see very often and comes up for sale even less. yours looks great.
just 21 isn't a game i am chasing. it is a game that i am drawn to due to art. there're are quite a few games i would grab just due to the art. but as we all know game play is what really matters. with space limitations i must make game play the priority.
odin is correct Harry did think outside the box when he designed games.

#7923 7 years ago

Here is my gameroom in 360° (2 pics) :

http://www.aci360.com/Gameroom.html

#7924 7 years ago

Excellent photography. Great job!
Joel

#7925 7 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Envy all the space you got. lucky you!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7926 7 years ago

Here are these two beauties I just got up and running. The more I play expressway, the more I like it.

20170204_170708 (resized).jpg20170204_170708 (resized).jpg

#7927 7 years ago

newest in the lineup..great playing game..really love the multi players from the 1960's

20170212_190707 (resized).jpg20170212_190707 (resized).jpg

#7928 7 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Wonderful space & line up of machines Andrew. Good to see you have Charlie's Angels in the secure space!

#7929 7 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Great photography and awesome collection!

How do you like game play of Charlies Angels and Solar Ride?

#7930 7 years ago
Quoted from Brypten:

Here are these two beauties I just got up and running. The more I play expressway, the more I like it.

The Yukon looks great! I have its brother Klondike and its still my favorite EM.Seems the game frustrates a lot of folks but one thing is sure,every game is different and unpredictable until you play it a few hundred times and figure out the patterns.

#7931 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Great photography and awesome collection!
How do you like game play of Charlies Angels and Solar Ride?

The game play of Charlie's Angels is different than others 70' playfields because targets banks reset with rollovers. It's not easy to get SPECIAL.

http://www.retro-flip.com/t6729-Le-CHARLIE-S-ANGELS-le-GRAAL-des-Gottlieb-4-joueurs.htm

Solar Ride with his 3 bumpers is very fast, extra ball is easy to get, bonus with 20.000 pts, I like it !

http://www.retro-flip.com/t4852-Le-SOLAR-RIDE-un-des-DERNIERS-MECAS.htm

#7932 7 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The Yukon looks great! I have its brother Klondike and its still my favorite EM.Seems the game frustrates a lot of folks but one thing is sure,every game is different and unpredictable until you play it a few hundred times and figure out the patterns.

I had a Klondike before too! It's a Yukon Special so it plays a little differently. The reels are labeled 1-9 and the Yukon. Once all reels lock at yukon, the special is lit. Once you get the special, the center reel only resets to 1, pretty cool. I set it to high tap, the game really plays well.

#7933 7 years ago

Friday night I had the pleasure of driving up to a pinsiders house(Colsond3) in Levittown, PA to look at and potentially buy a Conquest 200 pinball machine. What an awesome dude! I can't say enough good things about him and his hospitality. I could have purchased this machine sight unseen, because he described it 100% perfectly and even provided a video backing up all of his claims. I wish all Pinside transactions were this simple. Upon arrival he gave me a quick tour of his mancave which has some pretty awesome pins in the lineup. My girlfriend got to play several games she has never played before while me and Colson geeked out over pinball. Since this was my first ever EM purchase, Colson took the time to show me the game inside out and what to look for if the game has any problems (A+++ service). After I paid him for the pinball machine I then went out to grab my tools and he told me not to worry about it. He single handedly took the game apart, loaded it up on the dolly, and loaded it into my mini-van. Throughout the entire transaction he gave me a plethora of pointers on tearing down games, loading/unloading them, and transporting them. Hell I had no idea I should lay cardboard down over the carpet of the mini-van to avoid snags in the carpet from the pinball machine. To top it all off, he even threw in an EM file for the switches and decent bag of LED lights. He is also now a part of Lights of Pinball, so be sure to support Lights Out Pinball and don't ever be afraid to deal with Colson, he is a stand up guy! Thanks Colson!

Game is now unloaded and in the basement. Enjoy the pics!

conquest1 (resized).jpgconquest1 (resized).jpg

conquest2 (resized).jpgconquest2 (resized).jpg

conquest3 (resized).jpgconquest3 (resized).jpg

conquest5 (resized).JPGconquest5 (resized).JPG

conquest4 (resized).JPGconquest4 (resized).JPG

#7934 7 years ago

Very nice wedgy.I like the stars and bars theme.looks like where it belongs.been meeting a few very nice people also in the pinball world.good luck.

#7935 7 years ago

It would be cool to customize that backglass so the guy is holding a bass guitar.

#7936 7 years ago

That PF is awesome, I too like the patriotic theme.

#7937 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

It would be cool to customize that backglass so the guy is holding a bass guitar.

My girlfriend said the same thing. She said it looks like he should be holding a guitar the way his hands are positioned. Haha.

#7938 7 years ago

Wow, look at those chunky bumper caps!

#7939 7 years ago

For those that don't follow the all pinball section on pinside, the EM and woodrail superstore I mentioned many times is now closed for good. I'm happy I got to visit there and spend as much time with the caretaker as I did. Don was a good guy and turned into a real good friend. He will be missed. RIP.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-donald-margolis-terapin99

#7940 7 years ago

I still get a kick outta this plastic

IMG_0315 (resized).JPGIMG_0315 (resized).JPG

#7941 7 years ago

Picked up this gem recently. Not a great player by any means, but the price was right. I don't think it's worth restoring, so it'll probably be a parts donor.
I really like the cabinet art on it, which is basically what sold me on it.

20170213_201258 (resized).jpg20170213_201258 (resized).jpg

20170213_195549 (resized).jpg20170213_195549 (resized).jpg

20170213_201504 (resized).jpg20170213_201504 (resized).jpg

20170213_201239 (resized).jpg20170213_201239 (resized).jpg

#7942 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Not a great player by any means

Are those 6 lower kickers controlled by the player?

#7943 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Are those 6 lower kickers controlled by the player?

Yes. Either button controls all six.

#7944 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Picked up this gem recently. Not a great player by any means, but the price was right. I don't think it's worth restoring, so it'll probably be a parts donor.
I really like the cabinet art on it, which is basically what sold me on it.

It looks great! Sure you want to part it out?

#7945 7 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Yeah, my same thoughts. I know those kicker bumpers aren't favorites
among some, but it does look to be a nice complete machine..

#7946 7 years ago

Hope to have a Darling and Buccaneer on the way soon too

WP_20170208_17_02_16_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170208_17_02_16_Pro (resized).jpg

#7947 7 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Agreed. Keep 'er alive. If you don't want to, I'm sure someone on here would.

#7948 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Agreed. Keep 'er alive. If you don't want to, I'm sure someone on here would.

The worst thing is the backglass. Repros are available, but I just don't want to invest in this title. I bought it as a parts game to help restore some other woodrails I have here.
After getting it home, it did occur to me that it could be kept intact, as it did clean up well and actually worked after freeing one stuck rollover switch.
It's damn near complete; just missing a few small items. I really love the cabinet, and was thinking about maybe doing something with it.
I'll set it aside for now and will consider what you guys have suggested before tearing into it.

#7949 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The worst thing is the backglass. Repros are available, but I just don't want to invest in this title. I bought it as a parts game to help restore some other woodrails I have here.
After getting it home, it did occur to me that it could be kept intact, as it did clean up well and actually worked after freeing one stuck rollover switch.
It's damn near complete; just missing a few small items. I really love the cabinet, and was thinking about maybe doing something with it.
I'll set it aside for now and will consider what you guys have suggested before tearing into it.

There was one in similar condition on Chicago Craigslist that lingered forever about a year or so ago. It got down to around $400 and still didn't sell. Like you I was thinking it would make one heck of a parts game. I think the reason it took so long to sell is it get's no love as a player but it's still a nice looking game. I'm sure like me, most were struggling with the idea of parting a complete and attractive game. Eventually someone must have bought it. Now it's probably set aside in some other guys collection why he mulls over it's fate.

#7950 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

There was one in similar condition on Chicago Craigslist that lingered forever about a year or so ago. It got down to around $400 and still didn't sell. Like you I was thinking it would make one heck of a parts game. I think the reason it took so long to sell is it get's no love as a player but it's still a nice looking game. I'm sure like me, most were struggling with the idea of parting a complete and attractive game. Eventually someone must have bought it. Now it's probably set aside in some other guys collection why he mulls over it's fate.

Probably has a lot to do with lack of real flippers. Those pointy things (do they have an official name?) are hard to use, certainty no ball control. I looked at the same game JR bought, so did a couple other local guys. We all passed on it. Assume the seller lowered the price a bit for JR. He did have another trashed (but complete) game I bought and is now in my parts bins. Will help restore other games to playing condition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 91.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

£ 38.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.