Topic Stats

• 12,127 posts
  • 679 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12127 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 243.
#7651 2 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Are those some rope light leds about to get set up?

They're on hold for Christmas (we were at home, not here at my "second home", my grandma's house, so they never got set up in the windows or outside or anything like that) and we'll probably do something with them for the new year/holidays, but after that I'm thinking the red will likely go good with my newly painted red wall.

Quoted from stashyboy:

I might have already asked you...how you like Vagabond? Game play? Great line up!

It's pretty fun! My only issue with it is the GI is pretty bad. The entire middle of the playfield is dark because they failed to add bulbs under the middle plastics at all and the things above those are metal - with no lights under them either. There are only bulbs under the plastics by the flippers and the plastics all the way at the top of the playfield. Dark or dim may be an understatement. Having this in the darker part of my gameroom has been an issue. Might buy a little light to put above it or something or try something unconventional like EL wire or LED light strips, although I shudder at the thought. Even the lights under the other plastics do not reach the actual playing field much either as the plastics are rather large, so not much light "overflows" onto the playing field itself.

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I see you've been clearing out some furniture that was in the way of setting up more games in your basement collection? The new additions looks great!

Thanks! Yes. I moved a lot of it (the furniture) and still have to heave most of it up the stairs but definitely made more room and turned that row of games around to create more of an open feel, although I liked the row facing the other way with the back of the heads creating a wall between the two sections, each way has a different feel to the basement and it is nice to "open things up" a little.

Quoted from hoov:

You don't see Skipper come up for sale very often. Like the backglass.

I figure most people would gripe about the playfield - it really doesn't have a lot going on (no specials beside score unfortunately) but it has some fun features and a GREAT art package. I am not one of those picky Pinsiders who trash anything besides an El Dorado - I have a very very open mind and enjoy the game. Once I have it running smoothly (almost there, need to do some rebuilds to make it smooth, works though) it will be fun to compete on it and steal those vari-targets scores - you have to land in the kickout hole to obtain your vari-target hit score and reset the unit, and they do not reset between players.

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

My neighbor who I only met once that lives almost directly behind my house has a Skipper. In the 25 years I been living here, I never seen a glimpse of it. I wonder where Steve who lives close by me here in NJ got his Skipper from.

I picked this up very recently during a "pinball adventure" through Virginia, this machine came from Leesburg, Virginia. Fun time, sometimes it's nice to go a little out of the way once in a while.

#7652 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Good guys, keep it coming! I spent the last 2 weeks finishing the restoration I started last winter of my game room center piece that inspired the carpet.

Absolutely knocked out by your carpet and blacklight. Is it a true carpet (as opposed to a painted hard floor surface) and would you mind saying where you purchased the carpet? It looks like the blacklight is coming from beneath one or more of your games. Would that be right? Awesome room.

#7653 2 years ago

Super excited to have finally found a good condition Flip A Card. Back glass is very nice, play field is in fair condition (but frankly better than most of the ones I have ever run into which are often VERY worn).

IMG_3928 (resized).JPG

IMG_3925 (resized).JPG

It needs a thorough shop out, but the previous owner had already replaced all 7 of the bulls-eye targets!

#7654 2 years ago

Real nice find on the Flip a Card! One of my favs! Enjoy!

#7655 2 years ago

I call this the family jewel... I've owned this Extra Inning since 1974/75 (not really sure the exact year it arrived at our house anymore) when my grandfather called the house one morning and informed my mother that we needed to be home to take a delivery for me... Of all the grandkids that got a pin from him (there were two others) this is the only one that's still in the family.

Currently it's mostly working - the game doesn't end after ball 5. However getting the Jurassic Park sitting next to it back in working order is further up on the work list...

IMG_0064 (resized).JPG

IMG_0065 (resized).JPG

IMG_0066 (resized).JPG

IMG_0062 (resized).JPG

IMG_0063 (resized).JPG

#7656 2 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Super excited to have finally found a good condition Flip A Card. Back glass is very nice, play field is in fair condition (but frankly better than most of the ones I have ever run into which are often VERY worn).

It needs a thorough shop out, but the previous owner had already replaced all 7 of the bulls-eye targets!

I recognize that one, it's from the KCMO area. I looked at it, not bad for the price. Did you notice that the card spin unit has been hacked up and doesn't work hardly at all?

#7657 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Absolutely knocked out by your carpet and blacklight. Is it a true carpet (as opposed to a painted hard floor surface) and would you mind saying where you purchased the carpet? It looks like the blacklight is coming from beneath one or more of your games. Would that be right? Awesome room.

Thanks BlackCat,
Most people who have seen it in person get it too. Going for the retro arcade look. I did some research and after a couple promising leads didn't pan out, I tried my local carpet place. Turns out they could get this pattern and for slightly less thanother sources. It's made by Joy Carpets in Georgia (Joycarpet.com) this pattern is called 'space explorer'. Had it shipped to my local store, and I installed it myself. The blacklight is from Amazon. 18" 9 LEDs. Secured to the bottom of one game with brackets that came with it. I am pretty happy with the combination overall, now just want to add a couple more games, and some finishing touches.

20161208_153227 (resized).jpg

#7658 2 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Did you notice that the card spin unit has been hacked up and doesn't work hardly at all?

Yeah, it was balky to say the least, but then the whole inside was very dirty/grimy and I figured I would need to take everything out and go through it anyway. I didn't notice any of the key spin components missing (was kind or working off memory of my old Spin A Card) and I figured for the $300 I paid it was worth the work. I've always really liked the play on this game.

#7659 2 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

FaC is a hard title to find with a good bg, and pf
I searched for a long time and when I did find one it had a blown out pf and/or a poor bg.
I did manage to find a nice one this year, the bg is pretty nice only a little crazing by the score window and just a little wear spot by the kick out hole. it had a really nice original cabinet also but that was just a bonus.
yours looks to be a really nice example. I think it is the best of the "A-Card" series imo

DSCF0981 (resized).jpg

20160206_162248 (resized).jpg

#7660 2 years ago

Love me some "Flip A Card"! I'm an add-a-ball guy and love "Card Trix", but this is one that I really love both versions. "FAC" has a better looking playfield I think. I have one that's a project and has a nice playfield but all the inserts are very sunken into the playfield. It has LOTS of them, and many are tough to get to without removing a lot of hardware underneath.
I had another one years ago that was a major project. It had an excellent backglass though. I kept that backglass, and replaced it with a somewhat weaker one, but I restored the game to awesomeness. The card spinner feature worked like no other I've seen before or since! Unfortunately, I was unemployed at the time and scuffling to make a mortgage payment, so I sold it to the Silverball Museum. It was there for quite a while, and the last time I saw it there, it was still one of the better playing EMs in the place. I don't know what he did with it, but it's no longer there. It's not in the Florida location either. I would maybe buy it back from him, but it's probably gotten heavy use since I had it.

#7661 2 years ago

Agreed... FAC has the better artwork. But Trix gives you a free ball for hitting all the targets which is a nice reward for all of the effort.

Love the asymmetrical layout! Only issue I had was poor scoring rules. I couldn't use FAC for tournaments because every target is 50 points and since specials don't count, the only real winning points strategy is to loop it to the top lanes over and over and ignore everything else.

#7662 2 years ago

The girls on the Flip a Card backglass just finished smoking pot and put the pipe into the open drawer.

#7663 2 years ago

Never played a FAC, but I do like Card Trix and wouldn't mind having one set up again, but presently,
all spots are takin'. Because I have two, I'm thinking about selling/trading the North Star that's set up
and maybe putting in a Card Trix..
N.S. is a nice playing game, but all the other Wedge Heads set up are Add-a-Ball which I kinda prefer..
N.S. cab.'s been redone, and overall is in nice shape..
The Card Trix would match up okay next to Hearts and Spades.. (T)

IMG_0763 (resized).JPG

IMG_0764 (resized).JPG

IMG_0765 (resized).JPG

#7664 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Never played a FAC, but I do like Card Trix and wouldn't mind having one set up again, but presently,
all spots are takin'. Because I have two, I'm thinking about selling/trading the North Star that's set up
N.S. is a nice playing game, but all the other Wedge Heads set up are Add-a-Ball which I kinda prefer..

north star is my favorite all roll over 2" game,
the one next to (LEFT) it is my favorite AAB, it is game i can't walk away from.

#7665 2 years ago

Ach! My pinball pursuits will be complete when I finally score a "Majorettes"!

#7666 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

"North Star" is one of the very best EM wedgeheads ever! No doubt about it!

#7667 2 years ago

Majorettes won me over at Arcade Expo (Banning) last year. It's really good. Wasn't surprised to learn it was from the "AAB golden age" (pre-1965). Designed from the start to be AAB, and only AAB (not a replay adaptation)... and it shows. Perfect balance of risk/reward.

(of course, there are a few good adaptations lurking out there too... just gotta look for 'em)

#7668 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

..... so I sold it to the Silverball Museum. It was there for quite a while, and the last time I saw it there, it was still one of the better playing EMs in the place. I don't know what he did with it, but it's no longer there. It's not in the Florida location either. I would maybe buy it back from him, but it's probably gotten heavy use since I had it.

I was at the Delray location twice last week - if I had known I would have been on the lookout... They have quite a few EMs there, I kept gravitating to the World Series and Centigrade 37,

#7669 2 years ago

Okay Guys, I'm going to listen to Yas and play North Star more often to try and get the feel.
Perhaps it's a little psychological because to be truthful, (not that I played many) but I haven't
played a Replay machine yet that I really cared for, except for maybe Star Jet because of its
uniqueness..
Oh yes, Majorettes is a machine that will always be in the game room. It's nice when you give the
right nudge to light the 5s, but yet not drain..
I had at least a dozen Dimensions and a dozen Gold Strikes but only came across 2 Majorettes, and
it took some pretty heavy trading to acquire this one. Majorettes is one that I do treasure..
Years back, many nice G.S.s I traded for some kinda hard to get early 60s Gottliebs, but finally did keep one, and just
this past Spring I unexpectedly found another with a perfect original backglass (first one I found better than a 9.8)
and near perfect playfield, so I'm thinking about selling (maybe trading) with the one that's set up..
I usually only trade, but I kind of want to make up for what I spent on a Genco B.B. a couple weeks ago.. (T)

IMG_0679 (resized).JPG

IMG_0680 (resized).JPG

IMG_0681 (resized).JPG

#7670 2 years ago

It's a real privilege to now own this re- manufactured/ fully restored top to bottom King of Diamonds from Nick Raschilla. He is the best on the planet and a real good guy. I couldn't be prouder to have it grace my game room. It plays fast, smooth and is stunning; the playfield colors are incredible......even my wife is impressed! Thanks Nick!

IMG_0142 (resized).JPG

IMG_0137 (resized).JPG

IMG_0139 (resized).JPG

IMG_0138 (resized).JPG

#7671 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

It's a real privilege to now own this re- manufactured/ fully restored top to bottom King of Diamonds from Nick Raschilla. He is the best on the planet and a real good guy. I couldn't be prouder to have it grace my game room. It plays fast, smooth and is stunning; the playfield colors are incredible......even my wife is impressed! Thanks Nick!

That game is great. Played one on location a few weeks ago.

#7672 2 years ago

To all EM Pinside enthusiasts. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here's to all the Best in 2017.

#7673 2 years ago
Quoted from mbabischkin:

I call this the family jewel... I've owned this Extra Inning since 1974/75 (not really sure the exact year it arrived at our house anymore) when my grandfather called the house one morning and informed my mother that we needed to be home to take a delivery for me... Of all the grandkids that got a pin from him (there were two others) this is the only one that's still in the family.
Currently it's mostly working - the game doesn't end after ball 5. However getting the Jurassic Park sitting next to it back in working order is further up on the work list...

Nice game, check the ball count unit.

#7674 2 years ago

Silverball Museum in Del Ray Florida is a fantastic place and our condo is only half hour away. This place won't make me miss my collection back home in NJ when I am staying in Florida. Games play great and are cared for after by the staff with pride too.

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 012 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 019 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 021 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 042 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 024 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 025 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 026 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 027 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 028 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 046 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 047 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 048 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 037 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 038 (resized).JPG
6-24-16 to 8-3-16 032 (resized).JPG

#7675 2 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Silverball Museum in Del Ray Florida is a fantastic place

Yeah it is a great place. I was shocked by how crowded it was when I was there. Next time I go on a weekday morning...

#7676 2 years ago

Do they have a good touch up crew? Those machines look beautiful, and some not so easy to find titles.
I wonder what color the Gottlieb slogan is on the woodrail Flipper's playfield.. Nice pics.. (T)

#7677 2 years ago

More pictures from the Del Ray Florida Silverball Museum location.....Enjoy!

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 011 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 013 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 014 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 020 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 023 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 034 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 035 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 036 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 056 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 062 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 068 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 065 (resized).JPG

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 064 (resized).JPG

#7678 2 years ago

Wow the Florida location looks even nicer than the NJ one! (which I'm headed to in a little bit to ring in the new year )

#7680 2 years ago

Sweet!! A bar too!! Something Asbury Park Silverball doesn't have.

#7681 2 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Nice photos, Vic. Thanks for sharing them. I've never seen such a great collection.

Do you know who owns and operates the museum?

#7682 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Sweet!! A bar too!! Something Asbury Park Silverball doesn't have.

I was there on a family day (Sunday afternoon). I saw tons of kids, but also tons of young, good looking moms walking around with nice tall glasses of beer.

#7683 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Nice photos, Vic. Thanks for sharing them. I've never seen such a great collection.
Do you know who owns and operates the museum?

Robert Ilvento owns both the Asbury NJ and Del Ray Silverball Museum

#7684 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Do they have a good touch up crew? Those machines look beautiful, and some not so easy to find titles.
I wonder what color the Gottlieb slogan is on the woodrail Flipper's playfield.. Nice pics.. (T)

Not sure on the touchup - there were two or three EMs there that had some pretty badly flaked back glasses when I was there last week, a Subway and Central Park that didn't have working back glass movement. There were also a few SS pins that had some issues (CFTB with no hologram, STTNG with all kinds of weirdness, Adams Family Thing magnet didn't work). However, there are a lot of pins in Delray and the vast majority of them were in decent shape and worked well especially considering that most of the visitors there don't treat them with the same care that a Pinsider would afford them. I'm not sure how much effort is put into touchups as opposed to just keeping everything running.

Pins also move around the location... Since Vic's pictures the Centigrade is upstairs and the three EMs on the end near the entrance have been replaced with a Hobbit, Big Bang Bar reproduction, and a Wizard of Oz...

#7685 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

A good bunch of games that are in the Del Ray Siverball Museum came from the Asbury Park Museum. These machines were already restored and working nicely which gave Robert the jump start he needed to open the Del Ray location on time. I know in the early days when the Asbury Park location was first opened up in the center of town in a basement of a building, they had a guy I knew here from North Jersey that did nice clean ups and painting work on backglasses, cabinets and playfields etc.When they moved to the boardwalk location on the beach in Asbury this guy continued to work on restoring machines up until just a few year ago.

There were other people who just did trouble-shooting and repair work and others that just cleaned and waxed games. I know Robert also was buying better condition machines of the same titles and upgrading too. The Silverball Museum management team is made up of some of the most knowledgeable people in the coin op industry and is part of their success.

6-24-16 to 8-3-16 015 (resized).JPG

#7686 2 years ago

A bit sad I couldn't pick up two purchases before the year ended due to my girlfriend visiting for the holidays (and that time is more important to me than pinball pickup time) - but as she said I need to not be so impulsive! So today I am relaxing and looking forward to celebrating. If I can schedule one of the pickups/road trips before she goes back home to Texas I am going to bring her along, she loves pinball too!

So, to ease my excitement and also have some fun:

I NEVER EVER EVER post about a machine before something is in my vehicle as that is like the golden rule of collecting any coin-op machine (and lost a $300 Gottlieb Spring Break due to posting about my purchase on here as a newbie, I had already bought the machine via buy-it-now and even paid the full amount immediately but then somebody contacted the seller through eBay private messaging and offered them more money on they took it), but the sellers of these two machines are good people and friends of mine that I have already struck a final price with and these machines are not going anywhere except when I go to pick them up.

I am looking forward to picking them up this coming January in the NEW YEAR of 2017! Hopefully will be a great year for my pinball obsession and collection!

Let's see who has eagle eyes and can spot what wedgeheads these are by using the clue(s). The black and white pictures has 2 to help narrow it down while the other one only has one. (Not including the obvious things such as what manufacturer (I also gave it away above lol) and time period they are from, I think we all know that! ) Sellers need not participate, hehe.

Happy new year! Here are the edited pictures, enjoy guessing them! Excited to go and pick them both up from different states!

Steven

pin1-2 (resized).png
pin2-2 (resized).png

#7687 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I was there on a family day (Sunday afternoon). I saw tons of kids, but also tons of young, good looking moms walking around with nice tall glasses of beer.

"Yummy mommies" as they are known.

(did I say that?)

#7688 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Oooh, so peachy!

#7689 2 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Looks like a great place to check out, I'm going to try to get down there this winter to see it in person.

Vic, it looks like you have settled in; the shorts and tee shirt sure beats the freezing weather here; i'm sure your like a kid in a candy store, enjoy.

#7690 2 years ago

My 1960 Gottlieb Flipper and friends.

Happy New Year EM Hangout and all of Pinside.

DSCN5204 (resized).JPG

#7691 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Happy New Year EM Hangout and all of Pinside.

A resolution: I have to find myself a really nice Wood rail this year!!!

Happy New Year O-Din

#7692 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Here are the edited pictures, enjoy guessing them!

Have to venture a guess, Road Race and Mibs.

#7693 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Have to venture a guess, Road Race and Mibs.

Close! The second "clue" was that it was an add-a-ball single coin slot coin door, which means it is a Stock Car, as opposed to Road Race. I don't believe they ever sold replay games with a single coin slot at Gottlieb (the only ones being the other two styles with the other holes covered up by empty spacers or something of the sort), but even if they did, the dead giveaway is that it is lacking a start button like every other Gottlieb AAB (of the time period, at least, but probably all of them). You pretty much got it though, thanks for guessing!

#7694 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Close! The second "clue" was that it was an add-a-ball single coin slot coin door, which means it is a Stock Car, as opposed to Road Race.

Post some photos when you get it home. Looks interesting.

Does it have the 5 digit score window? Is the backglass plastic, not glass. Any other differences as it would of been an export pin and possibly it has been to Italy. Some other Pinsiders have export pins that have never been shipped overseas.

#7695 2 years ago

Picked up this jungle princess today. got it half way up the stairs to my second floor apartment and just could't get it any further. the stairs are just to steep. Took it to a friends apartment for now and will try and get it up with the help of my friend that helped me get the el dorado up there with no problem. It was playing when I went to buy it and when I got it plugged in at my friends house and turned it on the motor just keeps spinning and the pop bumper lights keep flashing. will go back over tomorrow and try and figure it out. Here's a few pics I snapped quick on my way out. Back glass is really nice with minor flaking in the white around the score reels. Cabinet has scratching and some high scores carved into it. Playfield has some stress cracks and 2 failed attempted touch ups towards the top of the playfield on the flowers near the pop bumpers. All that aside happy to add this one to the collection.

IMG_0486 (resized).JPG

IMG_0487 (resized).JPG

IMG_0488 (resized).JPG

#7696 2 years ago

Here is my Jumping Jack I just finished restoring. I got this game FREE. Someone was throwing it out for trash pickup. Before and after pics.

IMG_8210 (resized).JPG

IMG_8182 (resized).JPG

IMG_8203 (resized).JPG

IMG_8204 (resized).JPG

#7697 2 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

Picked up this jungle princess today. got it half way up the stairs to my second floor apartment and just could't get it any further. the stairs are just to steep.

Take the playfield and playfield glass out of it and move them separately and you will find it quite doable.

#7698 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Here is my Jumping Jack I just finished restoring.

Very nice looking. I had a Jack in the Box and they are super fun games.

#7699 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Take the playfield and playfield glass out of it and move them separately and you will find it quite doable.

That's what I was thinking, thanks

#7700 2 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

That's what I was thinking, thanks

Keep in mind the body cabinet of JP is deeper by 2-3 inches over the body cabinet of ED. If getting ED up the stairs was tight getting JP up may not be feasible, regardless of whether the playfield is pulled or not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 12127 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside