Topic Stats

• 12,208 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,003 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E82288B3-510E-48C9-A913-281C5CBC2BAE (resized).jpeg
20200118_141337_resized (resized).jpg
D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg
gm5 (resized).jpg
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9421 (resized).jpg
IMG_9354 (resized).jpg
IMG_9349 (resized).jpg
IMG_9427 (resized).jpg
IMG_9417 (resized).jpg
IMG_9416 (resized).jpg

There are 12208 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 245.
#7551 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Thanks o-din. That gun game is doubled mirrored. While playing, the targets look
to be 8 ft. away. Here's another pin not seen often. Notice the Gottlieb emblem on
the playfield being orange and white like the woodrails prior. The metal rail Flippers
emblem are white. Still need to be gone through, and will eventually get to.
(T)

Nice stuff. The lower cabinet graphics on that woodrail "Flipper" would show up again a couple of years later on "Square Head".

#7552 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Thanks o-din. That gun game is doubled mirrored. While playing, the targets look
to be 8 ft. away. Here's another pin not seen often. Notice the Gottlieb emblem on
the playfield being orange and white like the woodrails prior. The metal rail Flippers
(T)

The cabinet graphics on that woodrail "Flipper" are similar to "Corral" on the lightbox and "Square Head" on the lower box.

#7553 3 years ago

Funny thing on Square Head. I have/had one stored for years, and now that you mention it,
I do remember the graphic pattern being the same. No way could tell their color. Totally faded
to just an image. I'm not sure where it was parked. It has a nice playfield but the glass is 100%
black and white. No peeling or lifting at all, just all B&W as if it were silk screen that way..
I do have a new glass and someday will have more space for it to be set up..

#7554 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

1962 two player Coquette

While your new pin looks to be in very good condition,
never been a fan of it, or its theme.
Kind of WMS's answer to GTB's Fashion Show
or actually the other way around
since Coquette came out the month before.

Other than the Swinging Target,
Coquette reminds me of a lot of CCoin EM Pin layouts in the 60s,
with 2 KO holes on either side, near the middle of the PF,
with a varying bonus hole score.

Maybe someday, I will have to stop by (the OC) for a visit to play
both Coquette and Fashion Show
(along with your other fine 2" flipper collection)
to see if my mind can be changed about the "girly" themed pins.
Part of my prejudice may be due to the fact
i have never played a properly tuned up/shopped
example of either pin.

#7555 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Wow, that is amazing. Does she ever sell her work?

She hasn't sold any of her pinball paintings (only completed this and one of my Sing Along) but she said she would be open to it! I also have a KOD or Nags she could do or I guess someone could send a pic of their own playfield. I can PM you if you're interested.

#7556 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Kind of WMS's answer to GTB's Fashion Show
or actually the other way around
since Coquette came out the month before.

Now I've got em both.

#7557 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Is that Hollywood Driving Range on the far right? Have one in the queue. Will keep you in mind should I get stuck.

#7558 3 years ago

Yeah, that is Hollywood Driving Range. I also have Mini Golf which is a 2 player, so probably
like that one better, but HDR I'm thinking you don't see as often. On mine, inside the coin door,
there's a factory sticker (or looks very much to be) that reads the strength of the golfer (as
pitch & bat machines), but no reostat or any wires for it. The golfer does seem to swing too heavy.
The balls travels to fast up the red ramps, thus not hitting its mark squarely. I even took time and
made shorter ramps, but made it just a little better. I plan on splicing in a reostat..
I'd say good move picking one up if reasonable. They're out there, but I don't think I've seen another in person..
If your glass happens to have issues, I had that one made. Came out nice..
High Falls. Must be NYC way. I'm in Newark between Syracuse and Rochester.. (T)

IMG_0745 (resized).JPG

IMG_0392 (resized).JPG

IMG_0393 (resized).JPG

#7559 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I have quite a few, but this is the last one I went through last early Spring..
Colder weather is back, so now working on another.. (T)

Nice Star-Jet Mopar! Good to see another survivor out there. Looks to be in pretty good condition too. I am envious of your apron, mine has some rust spots and I've been looking for an upgrade, but those are hard to find.

#7560 3 years ago

Thanks aahgo. Yeah, S.J.'s cabinet is just alright, but the rest of the machine is nice.
I actually have a 2nd S.J. with a poor playfield and think has a nice appron, but I'm
hoping another playfield pops up..
I once had an extra Neptune lower cabinet and just 16 miles away unexpectedly stumbled upon
a head (non-matching numbers), so I know another S.J. playfield could be out there.. (T)

#7561 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Thanks aahgo. Yeah, S.J.'s cabinet is just alright, but the rest of the machine is nice.
I actually have a 2nd S.J. with a poor playfield and think has a nice appron, but I'm
hoping another playfield pops up..
I once had an extra Neptune lower cabinet and just 16 miles away unexpectedly stumbled upon
a head (non-matching numbers), so I know another S.J. playfield could be out there.. (T)

Considering the rarity and high desirability of this title, I created a list of owners a few months a back, funnily enough it looks as if I had already located yours before you even joined here, I did indeed do really deep searching: http://wedgehead.net/pages/starjet.html

Not sure if you're familiar with how desirable this machine really is. Unfortunately it seems there are only few examples left of ANY of these early 60's Bally games - they are incredibly scarce, which is why finding a donor that I didn't have to modify was virtually impossible. It was really actually kind of sad looking through the list of games that shared this cabinet style then looking on Pinside and seeing so little owners or information about them - they are all almost lost in time. So that same rarity + the desirability of the art package and multiball on Star-Jet is what really makes it a gem and "holy grail" for some. They are very hard to find, some have been searching for years upon years I've heard/read. The only reason I was able to even come close to affording mine was because it had the cabinet destroyed, so it's a blessing and a curse. Welcome to the club!

#7562 3 years ago

Why would Star Jet be on a website called wedghead.net. Just curious...

#7563 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why would Star Jet be on a website called wedghead.net. Just curious...

It's just my homepage/website, so naturally it's on there. I'm not shelling out the money to buy ballymultiplayer.com for one page, sorry!

#7564 3 years ago

Gotcha!

#7565 3 years ago

Otaku, you had to of dug deep. Not many knew I had a S.J. before here,
and maybe a couple knew I had two.. If I knew about your project months
ago, before you were so deep into it, I would have pushed for you to get
my 2nd just for you to have a tamplet alone, then in time you could have
search to complete the second one..
My glass I guess was okay when I got in the first S.J., but thumps up for
Shay reproducing that one.. (T)

#7566 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Otaku, you had to of dug deep. Not many knew I had a S.J. before here,
and maybe a couple knew I had two.. If I knew about your project months
ago, before you were so deep into it, I would have pushed for you to get
my 2nd just for you to have a tamplet alone, then in time you could have
search to complete the second one..
My glass I guess was okay when I got in the first S.J., but thumps up for
Shay reproducing that one.. (T)

Found the informations on your games on the Google forums (or whatever they're called) somewhere, I think a friend of yours some guy who bought something from you noted it on there or something. The link is on the page if you click the blue text by your entries.

Hey, like I said I'd always LOVE finishing a second and would drive up in a heartbeat! Not much of a seller so I'd probably just keep both and haul them around to shows.

I'm planning on bringing this one to all of the shows just to spread the love as is. Can't wait. Sharing with others is my favorite part of the hobby especially games that are harder for people to find and enjoy. To me that makes it all more than worth it!

#7567 3 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

She hasn't sold any of her pinball paintings (only completed this and one of my Sing Along) but she said she would be open to it! I also have a KOD or Nags she could do or I guess someone could send a pic of their own playfield. I can PM you if you're interested.

Sure, let me know!

#7568 3 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Here is second pinball painting that my wife just finished.

Looks great! Is it oil?

Bruce

#7569 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Looks great! Is it oil?

Yes it is oil. Makes the colors very vibrant.

Here is the one she did of my Sing Along, the photo she used was a steeper overhead angle so it came out very bright.

Tracey Painting (resized).JPG

#7570 3 years ago

That would look nice hung next to my Sing Along!

#7571 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

That would look nice hung next to my Sing Along!

My same thoughts!

#7572 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

hat would look nice hung next to my Sing Along!

My same thoughts!

Thanks, that was her first pinball painting and a gift for my birthday since Sing Along is my favorite game.

#7573 3 years ago

Just completed a resto on my GTB 2001 which I acquired about 12 mths ago. Machine although working was in quite poor cosmetic condition & operation was at best sluggish.
Resto included cab repaint; strip, clean & overhaul pf, head & motor board-drive shafts of all steppers in particular were particularly gunked with hesitant movement. As is now customary dismantled score motor & service included lubrication of that hard to get to upper lubrication point. Anyone spot the cab repaint problem in pic 3?
Machine now plays great & a pleasure to dedicate it to ' the Factory'-the name of my gameroom.

Factorylogo (resized).png

canon291016 005 (resized).JPG

canon311016 007 (resized).JPG

canon311016 013 (resized).JPG

canon121216 010 (resized).JPG

canon121216 015 (resized).JPG

canon121216 017 (resized).JPG

canon121216 016 (resized).JPG

canon121216 020 (resized).JPG

canon121216 021 (resized).JPG

canon121216 022 (resized).JPG

canon121216 001 (resized).JPG

canon121216 003 (resized).JPG

canon121216 004 (resized).JPG

canon121216 006 (resized).JPG

canon121216 018 (resized).JPG

..and finally got round to making up a t-bar tool (the T from a disused kitchen drainer & socket from our local recycling centre) for getting to those pesty pop ring & shaft nuts-works a treat!

canon121216 023 (resized).JPG

#7574 3 years ago

Fantastic restoration Wayne - top work

Only feedback is that notice the flippers aren't aligned - minor detail of course.

#7575 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Just completed a resto on my GTB 2001 which I acquired about 12 mths ago. Machine although working was in quite poor cosmetic condition & operation was at best sluggish.
Resto included cab repaint; strip, clean & overhaul pf, head & motor board-drive shafts of all steppers in particular were particularly gunked with hesitant movement. As is now customary dismantled score motor & service included lubrication of that hard to get to upper lubrication point. Anyone spot the cab repaint problem in pic 3?
Machine now plays great & a pleasure to dedicate it to ' the Factory'-the name of my gameroom.

..and finally got round to making up a t-bar tool (the T from a disused kitchen drainer & socket from our local recycling centre) for getting to those pesty pop ring & shaft nuts-works a treat!

Nice work Wayne! You'll enjoy 2001

#7576 3 years ago

Way to go Wayne.

Too bad we did not live next door to each other as we pretty much have the same tastes in machines and could have some fun fixing and playing each others games.

Enjoy!

Ken

#7577 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Anyone spot the cab repaint problem in pic 3?

Not very noticeable. Most people wouldn't see it.
The back box, left side stenciling was done reversed.

#7578 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Not very noticeable. Most people wouldn't see it.
The back box, left side stenciling was done reversed.

Spot on Darby. I thought I had rechecked the red orientation on the back box multiple times but when it came to orient the blue I was horrified but went ahead and applied the blue. However could not live with it & corrected-made easier because I had sufficient thinned acrylic to complete the task. But a QC lesson for me.

#7579 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

That is just flat out gorgeous!

#7580 3 years ago

Wayno! Great call on the red dot coils. If any table needs some more juice it's that.

#7581 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Wayno! Great call on the red dot coils. If any table needs some more juice it's that.

Orange Dot Flipper Coils 5% more power, Yellow Dot 10% more, and the all new Red Dot with 50% more power for that extra zing that shoots the ball up the playfield, through the back of the cabinet, through the Gameroom wall, and outside into the yard for the dog to chase.

#7582 3 years ago

I'm glad all my machines came with ample flipper power from the factory.

#7583 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

that shoots the ball up the playfield, through the back of the cabinet, through the Gameroom wall, and outside into the yard for the dog to chase.

ROFL

#7584 3 years ago

I actually made that same mistake with Steve Young too. I said, "gimme some o dem red dots...
You can imagine the schooling I got.
My 2nd grade teacher was right about me.

#7585 3 years ago

Love it!! Thanks o-din!!

IMG_20161210_165904[1] (resized).jpg

#7586 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Orange Dot Flipper Coils 5% more power, Yellow Dot 10% more, and the all new Red Dot with 50% more power for that extra zing that shoots the ball up the playfield, through the back of the cabinet, through the Gameroom wall, and outside into the yard for the dog to chase.

lol ^^^^

It's like trying to impress your girl at miniature golf about how good you are and you hit it too hard and it goes off the putting green and ends up one or two holes away.

#7587 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Love it!! Thanks o-din!!

You were my Sunshine, my only Sunshine.....

#7588 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

My 2nd grade teacher was right about me.

Don't feel bad, my 2nd grade teacher forget to teach me how to read so I ended up repeating 2nd grade but in another school that did teach me.

#7589 3 years ago

The red dots have like 20 wraps of wire or something?

#7590 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

lol ^^^^
It's like trying to impress your girl at miniature golf about how good you are and you hit it too hard and it goes off the putting green and ends up one or two holes away.

Or when it comes back and hits you in the crotch and you have to lay down for a half hour.

#7591 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Orange dot only which I use on selected machines.

#7592 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Orange dot only which I use on selected machines.

I really like them in my High Hand. Snappy they are.

#7593 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Fantastic restoration Wayne - top work
Only feedback is that notice the flippers aren't aligned - minor detail of course.

And, an incorrect lockdown bar too. Otherwise, terrific restoration!

#7594 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Way to go Wayne.
Too bad we did not live next door to each other as we pretty much have the same tastes in machines and could have some fun fixing and playing each others games.
Enjoy!
Ken

Be careful what you wish for. You'd be vying for the same games for sale in the area!

#7595 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Be careful what you wish for. You'd be vying for the same games for sale in the area!

Wouldn't be any different than this side of Texas except for higher prices.

#7596 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

No problem jr. Ken could buy 'em' & I would slip next door & play 'em'.

#7597 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad all my machines came with ample flipper power from the factory.

Same here... except Expressway (needs Bally 1000's) and the two lowest flippers on Pro-Football (orange dots).

#7598 3 years ago

I've always found ways to maximize flipper efficiency with stock coils on all makes and models. It may be harder, but if the shot can be made with what's there, there's no reason in my mind to change it. And most have the longer levelers in the back. If a game gets too easy, it has to go.

#7599 3 years ago

Cleopatra EM Finally, Finally, Finally finished this game up... for those that have restored this game, you know what a bear this one is, with 2 relay disks (KS, FS), tons of relays to support the bonus buildup and handling of double bonus and free ball/special logic. Add to that the fact it's a 4 player EM, and this baby is loaded to the hilt with mechanics, especially on the underside of the playfield. My game was a disaster from the start. What looked like a great playfield underneath mylar, wasn't so great after the mylar was removed. Because the mylar was most likely added day one once it was shipped to Germany, it took forever to remove it and the nasty glue left behind. After a bunch of touchups, including first use of an airbrush, it's finally done, and what a great, fast machine it is. A superb game awarding great shots, but it's also tough and unforgiving at times like a pinball should be. I used an acrylic clear coat, and it really needs to be gone over again as the area around the lower inserts needs a bit of sanding and leveling, but good for now. It plays super fast, with DC on the pops, kickers and flips, it rocks. I did find a few interesting things about this game - 1) the spot rollover award on the kickouts, should have been labeled MYSTERY rollover award, as the spotting depends on the FS relay disk contact... only 5 of the 10 contacts on that disk award a spot when the left or right outhole is made. 2) the rebound rubber at the top left of the playfield at times affects the ball entering the upper level from a left hand channel shot, kicking the ball right back down the left channel - that sucks, and I do remember that as an issue playing this game as a kid. But all in all an awesome 4 player Gottlieb.

Left Side (resized).jpg

Up Top (resized).jpg

Middle Top (resized).jpg

Right Side (resized).jpg

Down Below (resized).jpg

#7600 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Cleopatra EM

Mines in the restore Que. Looking forward to playing it one day. Yours looks super nice Don, great job!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 12208 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside