20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 275.
#701 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

O-din you've compiled one hell of a nice Em collection in a short time. Some great games with a nice variety.
Alex

Thank's Alex, although that Seven Seas sure would have been the topper.

#702 10 years ago

A woodrail would be nice to round it out. Is the Seven Seas still available?
Alex

#703 10 years ago

Could be. But it was too much money and too far away. I've decided that with so many nice machines at nice prices coming up in my area, that I would wait, and a real gem is sure to come my way.

#704 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hoov I'm an AAB guy and my Gold Strike experience was exactly as yours. I bought it thinking it was going to be the grail of all games and found myself "disenchanted" as you say. The game could drag on and started to feel monotonous. I'd start to zone out and lose interest. A couple times I actually shut it off. It was always fun for a game but not one that made me yearn to press start again and again. I have to think El Dorado in this case would be about perfect.
With that said a lot of AAB games are great fun. Getting to that next ball can be more exciting than popping a replay in the right game. It's like having an exciting game go into overtime. As shapshifter said though, the thresholds have to be right. No one respects a game that gives it away too easily. They have to feel earned. I have replay games and I still enjoy the thrill of beating the game and hearing that knocker. That's the goal and it feels great. With a good AAB machine you may get that thrill multiple times in one game. Your progress is saved and with each pop and the excitement builds. You may have a personal goal (high score or roll the machine) and each earned AAB gets you that much closer.
Alex

Thanks for the info. Alex

#705 10 years ago

OK, time to get ready for a seasonal business we have coming up around the 1st of October. That means I have to take my projects out of the sales area and put them in the back room. Here's the 1st three against the back wall.

Believe it or not I'm most excited about shopping and playing Flying Carpet since I haven't played it since high school.

projects_001.jpgprojects_001.jpg

#706 10 years ago

Next is Bank a Ball.......

projects_009.jpgprojects_009.jpg

#707 10 years ago

Then 4-Square........ it's tentatively sold when shopped. I started on the playfield but haven't had time to get back to it.projects_016.jpgprojects_016.jpg

#708 10 years ago

And finally Atlantis - that game is sold but I had to move it into storage till it get's picked up.

Well, I'm outa room

projects_022.jpgprojects_022.jpg

#709 10 years ago

Can't go wrong with Gottlieb EMs!

Speaking of which, I may be getting one here in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

#710 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My newest purchase (a 65" top end Samsung TV) has kept me rather busy. Recuperating from my car accident is easier on the couch in front of my new TV instead of standing on injured hips playing pinball or even sitting in a computer chair. Thanks for welcoming me back. It is nice to be back.

Glad to hear someone in Plano is OK.

#711 10 years ago

Dave that flying carpet loks nice, very under rated wedge head IMO. I have been looking for one local with a nice PF for a while and haven't found one yet.

#712 10 years ago

An uncommon pair.

2013Aug31_007.JPG2013Aug31_007.JPG

#713 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Dave that flying carpet loks nice, very under rated wedge head IMO. I have been looking for one local with a nice PF for a while and haven't found one yet.

I agree that it seems to be one that gets no love. One of my favorites as a youngster. Simple but challenging to get all the letters. Love the playfield layout to get above the pops in that area to knock out the targets/letters. This one was on route in my local area and this game I got was the one I played at local bowling alleys which is kind of cool too. I just happened to meet another guy at an auction earlier this spring bidding on a Sky Jump (went too high) and he lives just seven miles away from me. I traded him a project 2001 for it since I have a 2001. This one does have a nice playfield - about 70K plays but has the faded cabinet that is normal for these. Backglass is decent but I'll be looking to upgrade it if I can.

#714 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

An uncommon pair.

Very nice looking side by side.

#715 10 years ago

flying carpet and 4 square look simple and yet they are very hard. the art on 4 square PF
is lacking but still a good player

I hope to add a Hit the Deck to my line up in a month or so. very good player IMO.. some people don't like all the rollovers but I like them just like in my north star

#716 10 years ago

"closet raid" at hoov's!

i see a jukebox there too...

#717 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

flying carpet and 4 square look simple and yet they are very hard. the art on 4 square PF
is lacking but still a good player

y'know, flying carpet is a machine i don't remember playing... i'm sure i have, but just can't place it in my memory...

4 square is one of those em's that people look at and think "this game can't be fun"... then they play it, and it sinks in why it is so popular... it does an excellent job of capturing the essence of em pinball...

i know that the other two people who play my machines regularly are going to be sad when i sell it... i still like to play it occasionally, but when i want to play a 2" flipper game, i almost always play the royal guard instead, i find that to be more challenging... plus i really want a "light up the 1" machine, and i'm at my space limit right now...

#718 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

"closet raid" at hoov's!
i see a jukebox there too...

The Rockola 1448 jukebox you see in the pics is sold to a Netherlands buyer who will be here for a juke show and pick up in Nov.. The check is already in the bank I see Lloyd at coin-op warehouse has a nice working '57 Rockola similar to mine for sale on his fb page today - I think he wanted $1450. They don't last too long at his place though. You gotta move quick......as in lightning quick. Wish I lived closer to him.

#719 10 years ago

Here's my first EM, purchased November 2012. The first two shots are as it was in the door. The illuminated shot is after a thorough shop & parts tumble. Hard to tell in low light but it looks and plays great now. I was so impressed how well these were built. Need to buy more.

IMG_0537.jpgIMG_0537.jpg IMG_6936.jpgIMG_6936.jpg IMG_7117.jpgIMG_7117.jpg

#720 10 years ago

Gottlieb single player wedgeheads built really well.

Baseball is a very fun, addictive game.

I can see a drop target game in your future

#721 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gottlieb single player wedgeheads built really well.
Baseball is a very fun, addictive game.
I can see a drop target game in your future

Missed out on a Gold Strike just last night on NJ CL. Went lightning-quick for $400.

#722 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Here's my first EM, purchased November 2012. The first two shots are as in was in the door. The illuminated shot is after a thorough shop & parts tumble. Hard to tell in low light but it looks and plays great now. I was so impressed how well these were built. Need to buy more.

Great combo with the 2" flippers and the vari-targets. Most vari-target games have 3" flippers such as Jet Spin, Pro Football, etc.

#723 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Great combo with the 2" flippers and the vari-targets. Most vari-target games have 3" flippers such as Jet Spin, Pro Football, etc.

I'm looking to buy one of these, and it has 3" flippers. Anybody know if 2" or 3" is OEM? Looks like a fun game!

#724 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

I'm looking to buy one of these, and it has 3" flippers. Anybody know if 2" or 3" is OEM? Looks like a fun game!

The 1970 Gottlieb Baseball should have 2" flippers.

A quick way to confirm stuff like this is to visit ipdb.org and look at the game flyer (can be a bit hard to see without zooming in sometimes, but if there's any lettering on the top of the flippers, it's a 2" flipper).

#725 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The Rockola 1448 jukebox you see in the pics is sold to a Netherlands buyer who will be here for a juke show and pick up in Nov.. The check is already in the bank I see Lloyd at coin-op warehouse has a nice working '57 Rockola similar to mine for sale on his fb page today - I think he wanted $1450. They don't last too long at his place though. You gotta move quick......as in lightning quick. Wish I lived closer to him.

one can only imagine what it would cost to ship one of those overseas...

i've been working (well kinda, it's been sitting for awhile... ) on converting a seeburg "trashcan" into the worlds biggest ipod dock/media control center... it was incomplete when i got it (someone had taken out the record playing mech and the speaker was gone) and i subsequently sold the iron, so it'll never truly be a "jukebox" again, but it will be a cool toy if i ever actually finish it (although i have NO idea where i'll actually be able to put it)... what's really holding me back is that the plastics on the front cost a veritable fortune, an entire decent "project" pin costs less than those two pieces of plastic...

i've got a "good" full range driver for it, and have figured out how to mount it in there, as well as how to mount a little lcd tv in the top part, and the rest of the electronics needed as well... now i just need to actually do it... someday...

i have a wallbox ipod dock project that is basically done as well, i really need to get my nose out of the pins and finish that...

sorry for the off topic tangent...

#726 10 years ago

The 1970 Gottlieb Baseball should have 2" flippers.
A quick way to confirm stuff like this is to visit ipdb.org and look at the game flyer (can be a bit hard to see without zooming in sometimes, but if there's any lettering on the top of the flippers, it's a 2" flipper).

Check out these photos of the one for sale - has the word "bat" on the flippers, seller says 3 inch and from the looks of it they are. Haven't seen the machine in person yet.

bb.jpgbb.jpg

#727 10 years ago

There are a lot of European buyers that love our american jukeboxes. I rarely go to the Chicagoland show on the first day but apparently they come in droves on Friday and buy truckloads of classics to ship back. Woodrail pinballs used to be really hot overseas as well. Fortunately I think that has slowed a bit.

I also have a 1947 Seeburg Trashcan. I would normally be completely opposed to the iPod conversion but considering the circumstances it's the perfect option. I have also been holding off on purchasing the side plastics. I did get a nice dome plastic and my daughter bought me the top 3-piece set for Christmas one year. You are absolutely right. It is hard to spend $300 on a set of plastics when project pinballs are generally cheaper. I hope to be able to justify the side plastics now that I have no room for any more games. Jukes are really cool, just not as fun as pinball.
Alex

#728 10 years ago

Must not be 1970 Baseball. (not a turret shooter, as well as only having 2" flippers) See the IPDb listing for that game. Could be another later baseball themed game like Extra Inning, Playball, etc. which came out a few years later with the set up we see in your pic. Just ask for a pic of the BG.

#729 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

Check out these photos of the one for sale - has the word "bat" on the flippers, seller says 3 inch and from the looks of it they are. Haven't seen the machine in person yet.

I should have specified if they have the letters 'Flipper' on them, they're 2". Forgot about the 'Bat' ones.

Would need to see a bit more of the game to be sure, but there aren't many turret shooter style ones. That apron is older than '77's Big Hit, so could be a couple others.

#730 10 years ago

Not big Hit, DF, look at the apron. Has the inset score/ball in play cards that were only used for a few years in the late 60's/early 70's. Big Hit had a 'normal' apron and was also after the cabinet changes that came when Columbia bought them out in 76'.

#731 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

OK - I see the difference now, game I'm thinking about buying with 3 inch flippers is a 1971 Playball, not a 1970 Baseball. They sure made these game look similar!

#732 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Not big Hit, DF, look at the apron. Has the inset score/ball in play cards that were only used for a few years in the late 60's/early 70's. Big Hit had a 'normal' apron and was also after the cabinet changes that came when Columbia bought them out in 76'.

Bah, I hit enter before re-editing my post! Ya peeked too soon.

Yes, can only be one of Extra Inning, Play Ball, or Home Run, all of which are 3" flipper I believe. I don't think there are any 2" flippers with the 'Bat' stickers on them.

So I'd say has to be 3" flippers only.

#733 10 years ago

It's Play Ball (replay) or Home Run (aab). If you're in Denver my money is on the Play Ball.

#734 10 years ago

Yes, its Playball - seller had it listed that way and I just didn't see it right.

I guess I'm not the only one who has figured out the Denver is a desert for AAB machines. They don't seem to ever cross the Mississippi!

#735 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

Yes, its Playball - seller had it listed that way and I just didn't see it right.
I guess I'm not the only one who has figured out the Denver is a desert for AAB machines. They don't seem to ever cross the Mississippi!

the wild west didn't have f'd up gambling laws...

#736 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I also have a 1947 Seeburg Trashcan. I would normally be completely opposed to the iPod conversion but considering the circumstances it's the perfect option. I have also been holding off on purchasing the side plastics. I did get a nice dome plastic and my daughter bought me the top 3-piece set for Christmas one year. You are absolutely right. It is hard to spend $300 on a set of plastics when project pinballs are generally cheaper. I hope to be able to justify the side plastics now that I have no room for any more games. Jukes are really cool, just not as fun as pinball.
Alex

yea, agreed, i would be opposed too... but since the "hard part to get" was already gone, i figured it was a worthwhile option... it had been sitting in a shed for a LONG time when i got it, even the buttons were rusted in place... it took me quite some time just to get the thing apart...

fortunately my dome is "usable", so i don't have to track that down... but that 300 bucks is a hard hard pill to swallow for what essentially is going to be a novelty item...

#737 10 years ago

Here's mine. One isnt a pin but it still counts

#738 10 years ago

Here's mine. One isnt a pin but it still counts IMG_20130904_205429_751.jpgIMG_20130904_205429_751.jpg IMG_20130904_205442_556.jpgIMG_20130904_205442_556.jpg IMG_20130904_205452_799.jpgIMG_20130904_205452_799.jpg IMG_20130904_205503_482.jpgIMG_20130904_205503_482.jpg

#739 10 years ago

I give up. Picture #4 is Aztec. $%#^*&^

#740 10 years ago

how does that "skill roll" work? that looks pretty cool...

me want a grand prix...

#741 10 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

I give up. Picture #4 is Aztec. $%#^*&^

I see the Aztec pic. And that Skill Roll is sweet.

(And Hi, John!)

#742 10 years ago

Fun thread! Thanks to all for the pics.

I have only one EM, a Volley, but I'd like to pick up another eventually, perhaps a Bank-a-Ball in good shape. I could easily imagine getting into EMs in a bigger way. They have such a distinctive charm, and most are still affordable. This is pinball as I remember it. Great stuff.

#743 10 years ago

a family locally here has that skill roll too, it is pretty cool

if I recall you turn knobs on each row to tilt the 'ramps' to roll your ball along and down from level to level ...

#744 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Fun thread! Thanks to all for the pics.
I have only one EM, a Volley, but I'd like to pick up another eventually, perhaps a Bank-a-Ball in good shape. I could easily imagine getting into EMs in a bigger way. They have such a distinctive charm, and most are still affordable. This is pinball as I remember it. Great stuff.

Craig,

I have a Bank a Ball for sale right now with pics up in the market place if you ever want to look at them. I'm in IL though ):

Dave

#745 10 years ago

One year ago I had no idea there was a passionate community out there of pinball enthusiasts. Or that parts still existed for old machines.
One year ago I looked at that pinball machine in our house that had been lifeless for several years, because of a broken flipper.
Around the same time I discovered Pinside, and decided to launch into a new hobby, confident that my questions would be answered by someone on this forum.
And boy was I pleasantly surprised!!

Bally_1.jpgBally_1.jpg

#746 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Craig,
I have a Bank a Ball for sale right now with pics up in the market place if you ever want to look at them. I'm in IL though ):
Dave

I too would be interested, but alas distance.

#747 10 years ago

This is a great thread! Reading it makes me want to go to CL to see what else I can find. Thinking about clearing out that spare bedroom to make space for more pins (guests can sleep on the couch in the living room, right?)

Williams_2.jpgWilliams_2.jpg

#748 10 years ago

So, one year later, I'm a little bit wiser, and really enjoying my new hobby! Attached are my three pins.

Williams_1.jpgWilliams_1.jpg

#749 10 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

Thinking about clearing out that spare bedroom to make space for more pins (guests can sleep on the couch in the living room, right?)

I recommend my guests bring their own RV. But I do supply a nice long extension cord.

#750 10 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

This is a great thread! Reading it makes me want to go to CL to see what else I can find. Thinking about clearing out that spare bedroom to make space for more pins (guests can sleep on the couch in the living room, right?)

sounds like a plan to me... but then again, i converted my dining room into a pin room and my living room into a theater... so i'm probably not the best judge of these things...

it helps to have a very indulgent spouse...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.98
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.