Topic Stats

• 12,213 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 minutes ago by Raff
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,013 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG20200121104018 (resized).jpg
IMG20200121104030 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-24-13-52-02-37 (resized).png
100A2BB6-4BE2-41BE-A168-9588389325FA (resized).jpeg
E6A08719-CB64-4FBD-A875-C6BBF547BDF7 (resized).jpeg
02642177-AC5D-45C7-8CFD-389C8CA47B9B (resized).jpeg
696B8FC8-808A-438B-8553-7175F47BCFED (resized).jpeg
7C88DF76-923E-4B9A-BB0A-743377510F7F (resized).jpeg
20200123_172231 (resized).jpg
20200123_172219 (resized).jpg
E82288B3-510E-48C9-A913-281C5CBC2BAE (resized).jpeg
20200118_141337_resized (resized).jpg
D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg
gm5 (resized).jpg

There are 12213 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 245.
#7351 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

A great video by Vic (and JR) with more of this information:
» YouTube video

Looks more like... summer in Siberia.

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

Picked up my first pinball Saturday from Dave

Welcome to the El Dorado club!

#7353 3 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

Picked up my first pinball Saturday from Dave

Yes Welcome to the El Dorado club...I love this game. It has to be in my top 3 all time favorite pinballs. Here is mine

IMG_8436 (resized).JPG

#7354 3 years ago

Here's the Surf Champ I posted about earlier, set up in the hopelessly overcrowded gameroom. No idea how many plays on it, as the playmeter is gone. Needs a new spinner decal and some bulbs. Haven't decided about new drops, as the current ones are in pretty good shape. No idea on the yellow stripe either. Either an error on the original or an error by the guy who repainted the head, very nicely. Great game!

IMG_1632 (resized).JPG

#7355 3 years ago

joker poker repaint (resized).jpg

#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Another factoid that many pinheads don't know. Wedgeheads were designed so that adjacent games have an adequate amount of hand space in between when the top of the heads are barely separated. They look cool too!

As long as you and/or your neighbor aren't smoking cigarettes! (OUCH)

#7357 3 years ago

Another one that turned out great! You make it look so easy after doing so many..........

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Looks more like... summer in Siberia.

I don't understand....

#7359 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Another one that turned out great! You make it look so easy after doing so many..........

thanks dave, it is the part of the hobby i enjoy the most

#7360 3 years ago

Picked up a Volley yesterday. $250. Perfect backglass. Playfield, needs some work. The cabinet and head are in good shape. The font of the cabinet needs some touch up. I felt this was a great deal. Funny story, somehow I was the first person to call the guy and he told me on the phone I had first crack at the game. When I showed up to look at it, there was another guy looking at it. The owner told me he was just looking incase i didn't want it. So the guy went out to his car as I was walking in. Apparently this guy had texted the owner before me but because I had actually called and talked with the owner, I then was first in line. It never works out in my favor. Finally one did...kinda like the Cubs.

IMG_7860 (resized).JPG

IMG_7861 (resized).JPG

#7361 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Picked up a Volley yesterday. $250. Perfect backglass. Playfield, needs some work. The cabinet and head are in good shape. The font of the cabinet needs some touch up. I felt this was a great deal. Funny story, somehow I was the first person to call the guy and he told me on the phone I had first crack at the game. When I showed up to look at it, there was another guy looking at it. The owner told me he was just looking incase i didn't want it. So the guy went out to his car as I was walking in. Apparently this guy had texted the owner before me but because I had actually called and talked with the owner, I then was first in line. It never works out in my favor. Finally one did...kinda like the Cubs.

in my top " 5"
great game and you got a good looking one.
i am sure you will like it.

#7362 3 years ago

Volley is a blast. I put mine between JO and Atlantis (I see you have those too) in a row of three...and it's a super line up. The drop target locations vary and the game plays really compliment each other, imo. And having the one game with closed in-lanes (Volley) in the middle makes them interesting to go back and forth on.

#7363 3 years ago

She wanted drop targets, she got drop targets!

Picked up Target Alpha and Free Fall last week. Both need a fair amount of work.
Pictures coming.
E

#7364 3 years ago

If Free Fall plays anything like Sky Jump, you're gonna love it!
It seems Volley and El Dorado always show up when I'm not in a buying mood.

#7365 3 years ago

Free Fall and Sky Jump are the same game except on is add-a-ball. Both of those games are personal favorites of mine so she should be very happy!

#7366 3 years ago

Here is my current line up. Team One Is going to replace Hot Line so I can try my hand at restoring its cabinet and backbox to original colors.
I'm really loving Team One so far. Quite a bit of strategy in the rules.

20161009_212542 (resized).jpg
20161107_191811 (resized).jpg

20161009_151938 (resized).jpg

#7367 3 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I'm really loving Team One so far. Quite a bit of strategy in the rules.

i agree, i liked it better than AcD. i had a mint team one but the art just did not do it for me so AcD won out

#7368 3 years ago

Really fun play on Team one. There was a nice example at the PNW pin show & I played it quite a bit.

#7369 3 years ago

Just finished Flipper Pool. Big Shout out to Pinhead52 and Boilerman for their tips . This is only my 6th repaint , finally got the webbing right its very fine using the Laquer Thinner method . Shout out to Jeff Miller of Pinball Pimp, his stencils are worth every nickel

IMG_1710 (resized).JPG

IMG_1709 (resized).JPG

#7370 3 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Just finished Flipper Pool. Big Shout out to Pinhead52 and Boilerman for their tips . This is only my 6th repaint , finally got the webbing right its very fine using the Laquer Thinner method . Shout out to Jeff Miller of Pinball Pimp, his stencils are worth every nickel

Awesome.

#7371 3 years ago

Looks nice!

#7372 3 years ago

Damn... that looks like BRAND NEW!

#7373 3 years ago

GREAT color combination on that cabinet..
Agreed, the Pimp is the man for stencils.

#7374 3 years ago

What's going on with that King Pin in the background? Is it next?

#7375 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

What's going on with that King Pin in the background? Is it next?

ny=pin up

#7376 3 years ago

My misteak, Pin Up

#7377 3 years ago

Great work. That game looks awesome!

#7378 3 years ago

Cleopatra arrived by truck today (not boat), but she did not mind. LOL!

Got some fresh legs and new rubbers on standby for her. , oh and new playfield plastics.

She'll look great next to my Surf Champ once I get her all gussied up in the near future.

DSC00251 (resized).JPG

DSC00253 (resized).JPG

DSC00254 (resized).JPG

DSC00252 (resized).JPG

#7379 3 years ago

Capt Card

IMG953961 (resized).jpg

#7380 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Cleopatra arrived by truck today (not boat), but she did not mind. LOL!
Got some fresh legs and new rubbers on standby for her. , oh and new playfield plastics.
She'll look great next to my Surf Champ once I get her all gussied up in the near future.

Cleo was the only crossover that was exact copy of the ss. all the others had differences in rules/gameplay

#7381 3 years ago

Where is that elusive Hi Lo Ace? Been looking for a decent one for years.

#7382 3 years ago

Here it is. A couple pics from about a year ago when I picked it up and before I cleaned it up. Back Glass is perfect... Plays well.

IMG_0557 (resized).JPG
IMG_0555 (resized).JPG

#7383 3 years ago

That'll work, how much?

#7384 3 years ago

Would maybe swap for one of your duplicates. Better drive up soon before it snows.

#7385 3 years ago

Had my dad pick up a Freedom at the Pheasant Run show today that I bought from a Pinsider. I'll pick it up from dad when I go back for the holidays. Multi-phase pick up lol.

IMG_6922 (resized).PNG

IMG_6921 (resized).PNG

#7386 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Cleo was the only crossover that was exact copy of the ss. all the others had differences in rules/gameplay

Perfect game to find a mint SS playfield and do a swap with the EM one in mine. Parts from an SS to Save an EM. Revenge! LOL!

#7387 3 years ago

Have always wanted these two. Drove from Detroit MI to Peoria IL to get Alladins Castle, about 450 miles one way. Bought Old Chicago in downtown Chicago on the way to Expo last month. Fate is a funny thing.

20161022_190245 (resized).jpg

#7388 3 years ago

Ken that is a nice Cleopatra! I want to come over and play it.

#7389 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Perfect game to find a mint SS playfield and do a swap with the EM one in mine. Parts from an SS to Save an EM. Revenge! LOL!

i have seen quite a few nos cleo pf over the years, so you have a good chance at that

#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i have seen quite a few nos cleo pf over the years, so you have a good chance at that

Cool beans.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ken that is a nice Cleopatra! I want to come over and play it.

When I get my lineup working next year I want to throw a pin party so not a problem. I got a lot of work ahead of me but it is all good.

#7391 3 years ago

My 68 ...

IMG_20161107_180348 (resized).jpg

#7392 3 years ago

My Abra Ca Dabra finally made the line up in the garage gameroom after blocking my work bench for months after i completed my restoration and had no where to put it. It won't be staying there too long. I will be bring it down into the basement gameroom soon.

As you can see the Cross Town use to have the spot there back to back with the Golden Arrow but was brought down into the basement gameroom.

CrossT-Abra 006 (resized).JPG
CrossT-Abra 008 (resized).JPG

038 (resized).JPG

019 (resized).JPG

#7393 3 years ago

Is the Abra Ca Dabra cabinet a repaint?

#7394 3 years ago

Nice original.......what Vic collects

#7395 3 years ago

Good observation hoov

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

My Abra Ca Dabra finally made the line up in the garage gameroom after blocking my work bench for months after i completed my restoration and had no where to put it. It won't be staying there too long. I will be bring it down into the basement gameroom soon.

Looks nice Vic; I'm sure you got it dialed in.
Now to get mine in the same shape as yours.

#7397 3 years ago

Since I didn't post these yet: I just got back from a 2 week vacation down in Texas with my girlfriend (who lives down there) hence the near-total inactivity, but the break was very nice and relieving especially after a year filled with lots of shows (moving games) and pinball party planning right before and hosting that just days before I left. We happily played some DMD games in a movie theater ("they found us") but aside from that I took a total break from pinball and Pinside without any struggle (didn't even try to take a break!), being that far from home was like a brand new reality. No thoughts of pinball, felt freeing. Sometimes it is really nice to take a step back, go back to the roots of who I am, and remember that this hobby is a part of my life and not my life, hah. As much as I love these machines I must say that is the way to spend such a great vacation! And of course it is all still happily here waiting for me when I get back. Oh, and I bought/scored an Airport backglass the night before going to the airport. Of course it too was put aside instantly and had to wait for my return & when I'm ready. I found the whole order thing kind of cool.

Anyways, prior to leaving for my vacation, I painted half of my gameroom (and even removed the old junky plastic basement sink for more pinball room, looks great) and then the next day Vic Camp and David (songofsixpence) stopped over for my little gameroom party. Nobody else showed up because other Halloween parties & weekend obligations had their effect, but still a great time had by all. This was the first time I had all of my wedgeheads in a row in my gameroom and it was a really stunning moment. They both got there pretty early on and helped me finish setting up the final machines. What an absolutely beautiful final result. It made me just stand back and take a nice hard look and smile.

IMG_3001 (resized).JPG
IMG_3008 (resized).JPG

IMG_3011 (resized).JPG
IMG_3013 (resized).JPG
IMG_2657 (resized).JPG
IMG_3010 (resized).JPG

#7398 3 years ago

Great collection Vic Camp. I watched a few of your youtube videos. Good job!! I am leaning towards EM pinballs but I don't know anything about them. Just love to play them. I also was a kid playing EMs and then SS.

EM pinball really scare me to do any repairs or trouble shooting. Really want to buy some EM shooting games, but I would have trouble fixing them.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

#7399 3 years ago

Pardon the low light images already in my phone. But this this is like its the 70"s. Plays much like my old Captain Fantastic machine I used to love.

combat1 (resized).jpg

combat2 (resized).jpg

combat3 (resized).jpg

#7400 3 years ago

Nice lineup, Otaku. And your visitors are evidently enjoying themselves. I have three em machines but can't put together a 'games room' or 'personal mini-arcade' as they need to be in different parts of the house - so I'm jealous!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
There are 12213 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside