Topic Stats

• 12,212 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Gotemwill
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,010 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100A2BB6-4BE2-41BE-A168-9588389325FA (resized).jpeg
E6A08719-CB64-4FBD-A875-C6BBF547BDF7 (resized).jpeg
02642177-AC5D-45C7-8CFD-389C8CA47B9B (resized).jpeg
696B8FC8-808A-438B-8553-7175F47BCFED (resized).jpeg
7C88DF76-923E-4B9A-BB0A-743377510F7F (resized).jpeg
20200123_172231 (resized).jpg
20200123_172219 (resized).jpg
E82288B3-510E-48C9-A913-281C5CBC2BAE (resized).jpeg
20200118_141337_resized (resized).jpg
D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg
gm5 (resized).jpg
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG

There are 12212 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 245.
#7301 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone know how many games have this exactly same PF layout?

Quick answer is 7.

1974 Gottlieb Free Fall an AAB.
1974 Gottlieb Sky Dive an AAB Export model.
Sky Jump by Protectos Electromecanicus.
Sky Jump by Recel.
1974 Gottlieb Sky Jump.

2 S.S. versions made in Brazil.
King Kong by Brazil Diversoes.
Gork by Taito of Brazil.

#7302 3 years ago

While I do love my Sky Jump, the AAB version is even better for home play. Love the layout and shots.

#7303 3 years ago

Got my first pin a Williams Swinger about 10 yrs ago. I picked up my first project pin in July 2016 a Williams Fun-Fest.

20160915_071707 (resized).jpg

#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from smohr:

Got my first pin a Williams Swinger about 10 yrs ago. I picked up my first project pin in July 2016 a Williams Fun-Fest.

Note the transistion to the new-style smaller reels from 1972 Swinger to 1973 Fun Fest, even though they're the same game. Cool.

#7305 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

While I do love my Sky Jump, the AAB version is even better for home play. Love the layout and shots.

Replays are fun in a "home play" environment too! Especially games like North Star, Kings and Queens, Atlantis, etc., where they're was no aab made.

They're good on location and in a "home play" environment. I have 12 GTB em replay's set up currently on free play. And, it's neat if people set their games to take coins too.

#7306 3 years ago

This is the one I usually play first. And can put a whole lot of games on it before I step away. Winning credits is what it's all about. Not easy to do but not impossible . I just had it lit for 5 specials but missed the putt. Did it before though and picked up two scoring replays at the same time. It's a fast paced machine.

DSCN5025 (resized).JPG

#7307 3 years ago

Once warmed up I'll play this one. A little less speed, a little more strategy. Similar geometry. Many replays to be had.

DSCN5026 (resized).JPG

#7308 3 years ago

It feels real good when you make the putt. I just sunk it with all the yellows lined up for extra special, pop pop pop pop. Four replays and I lit an arrow. Each time you line up the color inserts it moves the arrow. When the four is lit and you make it to five, five more replays.

Maybe time to call it a night? Ah, I still have to finish this game.

DSCN5027 (resized).JPG

DSCN5028 (resized).JPG

#7309 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Replays are fun in a "home play" environment too! Especially games like North Star, Kings and Queens, Atlantis, etc., where they're was no aab made.
They're good on location and in a "home play" environment. I have 12 GTB em replay's set up currently on free play. And, it's neat if people set their games to take coins too.

Sure, sure. With Sky Jump you work the whole game to get the roll overs lit to activate special mode which really gets the scoring going and another ball at the end would be HUGE. Last night my son finally got to that stage and the ball drained. He had enough for a replay but an extra ball there would have allowed him to keep his best game going a little longer.

#7310 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Once warmed up I'll play this one. A little less speed, a little more strategy. Similar geometry. Many replays to be had.

In this picture we see an example of why Wedgeheads were invented... how do you even fit your hand in to use the right flipper? Tight squeeze. Maybe it's the photo angle.

#7311 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

how do you even fit your hand in to use the right flipper? Tight squeeze. Maybe it's the photo angle.

I'll take a look next time I'm out there.

#7312 3 years ago

Pro football 1973 Gottlieb, my first machine and I got her last week! Works great for the price of 300!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#7313 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalmanmiles:

Pro football 1973 Gottlieb, my first machine and I got her last week! Works great for the price of 300!

Congrats! Great price. Pro-Football is different from most EM's... more of a target-shooting game than a pin. It polarizes more people than any other in my collection. People either love it or hate it... but if they love it... they love it A LOT.

Definitely a guy-game.

#7314 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Congrats! Great price. Pro-Football is different from most EM's... more of a target-shooting game than a pin. It polarizes more people than any other in my collection. People either love it or hate it... but if they love it... they love it A LOT.
Definitely a guy-game.

It's a fun one for sure!

#7315 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalmanmiles:

Awesome! The first of many I am sure!

#7316 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Note the transistion to the new-style smaller reels from 1972 Swinger to 1973 Fun Fest, even though they're the same game. Cool.

Hey, never knew that! You're really up on your pin trivia.

#7317 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

In this picture we see an example of why Wedgeheads were invented... how do you even fit your hand in to use the right flipper? Tight squeeze. Maybe it's the photo angle.

Another factoid that many pinheads don't know. Wedgeheads were designed so that adjacent games have an adequate amount of hand space in between when the top of the heads are barely separated. They look cool too!

#7318 3 years ago

... and then the reverse-wedgeheads came along...

#7319 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Sure, sure. With Sky Jump you work the whole game to get the roll overs lit to activate special mode which really gets the scoring going and another ball at the end would be HUGE. Last night my son finally got to that stage and the ball drained. He had enough for a replay but an extra ball there would have allowed him to keep his best game going a little longer.

Sky Jump is a good replay game. It wasn't designed to get the highest scores and extended game play from extra balls like Free Fall. You have 5 balls to get as many replays through specials and high scores that you can. Game time is quick and that's what I like. But, it's what you grew up with that determines what you like (for most).

#7320 3 years ago
#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

No kidding O-din, how can you make a decent slap shot with them that tight?

#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

No kidding O-din, how can you make a decent slap shot with them that tight?

Didn't take no slap shot to win all those credits.

#7323 3 years ago

With 3 ways to get that replay knocker to knock. It will be tons of fun!

#7324 3 years ago

Been playing this one a bit recently. Love firing the ball up the spinner!!

aladdins castle 080 (resized).JPG

aladdins castle 081 (resized).JPG

aladdins castle 082 (resized).JPG

aladdins castle 085 (resized).JPG

aladdins castle 086 (resized).JPG

#7325 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Been playing this one a bit recently. Love firing the ball up the spinner!!

That game looks really cool, I have never played one, and I am not a Bally guy but I think by that art and that cool playfield design I'd consider getting a project of one, one day. You definitely have a really nice example of it!

#7326 3 years ago

Thanks, playfield cleaned up real nice & backglass is near mint.

#7327 3 years ago

Never saw this happen before. At least not on this machine or any of the others around it. Late last night, I almost forgot I took these. It was a mad smack off the glass that sent it there.

DSCN5029 (resized).JPG

#7328 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

why Wedgeheads were invented.

I was thinking the same thing while moving these around today.

DSCN5042 (resized).JPG

DSCN5040 (resized).JPG

#7329 3 years ago

I'd like to thank

Harry Mabs
Wayne Neyens
Harry Williams
Ed Krynski
Steve Kirk
Norm Clark
Roy Parker
George Molentin
Art Stenholm
Christian Marche and
Alvin Gottlieb

For that row.

#7330 3 years ago

Some good solid names there. Not a Jaxxson in the bunch

#7331 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Never saw this happen before. At least not on this machine or any of the others around it. Late last night, I almost forgot I took these. It was a mad smack off the glass that sent it there.

Like Gary Stern said "The ball is wild"

#7332 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Like Gary Stern said "The ball is wild"

Sorry, it was Harry Williams that said that.

#7333 3 years ago

Just picked up this project. Flipperless, but somewhere along the line flippers got added. One button for both flippers. No backbox cover,also had a plexiglass playfield glass (no biggie). It will be interesting, I never worked on a wood rail before.

20161023_215153 (resized).jpg

20161023_215205 (resized).jpg

20161023_215213 (resized).jpg

#7334 3 years ago
Quoted from slgerber:

Flipperless, but somewhere along the line flippers got added.

At least they were added in a good place. Looks to be in good condition, should clean up nicely.
Is there a lower apron cover missing?

#7335 3 years ago

That was one of the earliest machines to use a ramp that wasn't a marble game.

#7336 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That was one of the earliest machines to use a ramp that wasn't a marble game.

That wire form will need some polishing

#7337 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

You have to add Sweet Hearts to your list. It's a sensational Replay game!

DSC00785 (resized).JPG

DSC00788 (resized).JPG

#7338 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

You have to add Sweet Hearts to your list. It's a sensational Replay game!

Lot's of good replay games out there. Sweet Hearts has been on my radar for a few years now.

#7339 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

At least they were added in a good place. Looks to be in good condition, should clean up nicely.
Is there a lower apron cover missing?

I don't think there is one on this machine. The type written instruction card is fasten on the left with tacks.

#7340 3 years ago

Just a couple of shots of the Williams Hot Line I'm restoring. I'm waiting on some new side rails and legs for it. It had some major issues after I got it back together but I'm pretty close now to having it all sorted out. Great player with that rollover button matrix on the playfield. I replaced all those rollover buttons and it's really nice and clean now. I'll have to get a picture of the playfield as it is now.

That's a bgresto reproduction backglass on there. Thanks again to Steve Azzam for doing glasses for games like this so they are not forgotten.

20160319_163826 (resized).jpg20161021_164510 (resized).jpg

#7341 3 years ago

yet another nice restore! keep up the good work.

#7342 3 years ago

That is a nice Sweethearts Vic!

#7343 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

That is a nice Sweethearts Vic!

He said in the GRM article that Sweet Hearts is the most nostalgic game he owns - his Dad gave it to him in 1969

#7344 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

He said in the GRM article that Sweet Hearts is the most nostalgic game he owns - his Dad gave it to him in 1969

A great video by Vic (and JR) with more of this information:

#7345 3 years ago

Got my first EM tonight. Still a few switches to adjust but boy is it fun!

IMG_0622 (resized).JPG

#7346 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Got my first EM tonight.

There will plenty of nudging in your future.

#7347 3 years ago

Brought these home last weekend. Surf Champ is almost fully functional, with a couple of switch adjustments needed. Grand Prix needs a little work. Former owner did a nice job repainting the Surf Champ head. I'll repaint the cab this winter, as well as doing a PF restore. The Grand Prix is in really nice cosmetic shape, probably won't do anything other than clean and wax. Both games are home use for 25+ years. Fewer than 30K plays on Grand Prix. Haven't checked plays on Surf Champ...too busy playing it!

IMG_1602 (resized).JPG

#7348 3 years ago

Nice haul Bob.
I have seen the colors upside down.....but never seen the widest stripe on the bottom.....first time for me.
An error from the factory or pervious owner?
f3ea4fb38ee281d75d32f667358d38e291964d4c (resized).jpg

#7349 3 years ago

Picked up my first pinball Saturday from Dave

image (resized).jpeg

#7350 3 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

Brought these home last weekend. Surf Champ is almost fully functional, with a couple of switch adjustments needed. Grand Prix needs a little work.

I really enjoyed my Grand Prix when I had it. So much so I bought it back twice. Everybody loved ripping those spinners. Congrats!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
There are 12212 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside