Topic Stats

• 12,210 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,005 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200123_172231 (resized).jpg
20200123_172219 (resized).jpg
E82288B3-510E-48C9-A913-281C5CBC2BAE (resized).jpeg
20200118_141337_resized (resized).jpg
D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg
gm5 (resized).jpg
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9421 (resized).jpg
IMG_9354 (resized).jpg
IMG_9349 (resized).jpg
IMG_9427 (resized).jpg

There are 12210 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 245.
#7251 3 years ago

I always been more of a fix it guy than an artist. But I figured I'd try my hand at doing some touchups on this Darts since I'm not in any real hurry and a repro backglass may be a while off.

There was quite a bit of paint loss in the middle above the flippers and after a thorough cleaning even more had come off. It's a lot of trial and error and mixing paint to get the colors right, and details like the ladies hands can be a challenge. Every few days I'll go back, sand some off and try to keep improving on it. It'll get there eventually...

DSCN4941 (resized).JPG

#7252 3 years ago

Nice, I love western themed EM games and that looks pretty good, a female focused western game is pretty unusual.

#7253 3 years ago

Pretty hard not to like that glass.

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I always been more of a fix it guy than an artist. But I figured I'd try my hand at doing some touchups on this Darts since I'm not in any real hurry and a repro backglass may be a while off.
There was quite a bit of paint loss in the middle above the flippers and after a thorough cleaning even more had come off. It's a lot of trial and error and mixing paint to get the colors right, and details like the ladies hands can be a challenge. Every few days I'll go back, sand some off and try to keep improving on it. It'll get there eventually...

Lookin' good. Spoke to Shay at the York show. "Darts" backglass will be available soon. I need one as well.

#7255 3 years ago

Thanks! You've got a Darts too JR? I only got to play this one when it had sunken inserts and old crusty rubbers and it still played pretty darn snappy and fast. Kind of a fun game really. Can't wait to see what it's like all freshened up. There are so many bulbs behind the backglass it's no wonder it's seen better days.

#7256 3 years ago

Yes, I was fortunate to have found one this past spring up in Massachusetts through Craigslist. The seller called it "Dahts" (Shay says it that way as well. I hope he spells it right on the new backglass!)
The backglass was very bad, but I did seal it and used the plastic wrap trick to mash down the big flakes. It still looks horrible, but it can't get any worse now.
I also need the playfield glass. It was missing, and I didn't think much of it until I tried to install a standard glass. These "styling of the sixties" cabinets have a slightly wider playfield glass.
The playfield was really dirty, but came out nice. I was really happy when I heard Shay was making the glass.
I hear ya about the number of light bulbs in the head. Probably the most I've ever seen in a single player game, and maybe more than many multi-player games too. I think I counted over 100 bulbs in that head.

#7257 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

These "styling of the sixties" cabinets have a slightly wider playfield glass.

The playfield is a little wider as well. Magic Clock's left out;lane is about 1/4 wider than the right.

I took measurements and went down to the local glass shop and got one for Clock, Pinky, and Capersville all at the same time as none of those use standard size glass. $40 a piece did not break the bank. You need to specify "no bugs" so they won't etch the tempered label on them.

#7258 3 years ago

At my local glass shop, I'd be lucky to get a sheet of plate glass for $40, not tempered!

#7259 3 years ago

We've got some good ole boys down at our local glass shop. Next day service. And the guy even waited a few minutes after closing so I could pick them up.

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

At my local glass shop, I'd be lucky to get a sheet of plate glass for $40, not tempered!

I got 3 or 4 quotes from glass shops by me and found out some specialize in commercial/auto widshields - they bid my job high because they didn't really want the work ($40 - $70). One shop made a safety glass for $30 for me - they did lots of residential jobs.

#7261 3 years ago

I got quoted $ 42 for tempered no logo yesterday.

#7262 3 years ago

Picked up one of my three "grail" EM machines yesterday, Sky Jump (the other two being World Series and Fast Draw). Beautiful backglass, good condition playfield, and everything works great.

Went though and replaced half of the play field #44 bulbs with some left over LED bulbs. The row of 10x target indicators switched to red leds to match the table art. I am going to replace the "50 or 500" row with blue LED lights, I put one in and it looks great.

The two outer bumpers also got blue LED lights while the key center bumper got a color changing LED. I need to order enough to change the rest of the bulbs but it was a good start.

I also took someone's advice from another thread and used a wire hanger to turn the coin return button into a credit adder.

What else should I look into doing? Any way to lessen the deep cuts in the wood around the backglass?

IMG_4469 (resized).JPG

IMG_4466 (resized).JPG

IMG_4464 (resized).JPG

IMG_4463 (resized).JPG

#7263 3 years ago

Nice game, but I don't care for those LEDs! A few "battle scars" on the backbox aren't really bad. The game looks to be in great condition overall. Wire hanger? You just need to jumper the zero position switch on the credit unit to make the game "free play". You can do this without even using a jumper. I usually just pull back the insulation on the two wires going to the zero position switch, and twist them together. Easily undone too.

#7264 3 years ago

Normally an advocate for LED on EM but the pop bumpers look crazy with colored lights.The machine is awesome!

#7265 3 years ago

Just say no to LED's in EM's

#7266 3 years ago

I had to darken the photos up or you couldn't really see the colors, they are lighter then they look in the photos and they make the colors pop. Or at least I think so.

#7267 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

And soon enough I will have enough money to ship out my Jive Time from California (Inland Empire Craigslist) that is currently making a "hotel stop" at mikeincali's place while I save up. (Thanks again Mike) Life is good!

A few months later from initial purchase, it's finally in the truck somewhere along its way! WOO! She's got a long journey ahead!

Will post pictures of it being unloaded and set up eventually once it gets here. ETA is October 20th, just in time for my pinball party 9 days later!

Screenshot_3608 (resized).png

What an exciting experience!

Here's the same overused picture of it out in California a few months ago up in the mountains:

84b79b17caa90488106fa58f975c151e506fd879 (resized).jpg

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I had to darken the photos up or you couldn't really see the colors, they are lighter then they look in the photos and they make the colors pop. Or at least I think so.

From what has been talked about and seen on Pinside. Photos of pins with LEDs, digital photography seems to reproduce an effect that does not match what your eye sees.

#7269 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

ETA is October 20th, just in time for my pinball party 9 days later!

She is certainly a beauty with era specific theme and artwork. I just looked at your collection and it is great, should be a heck of a pinball party!

#7270 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

She is certainly a beauty with era specific theme and artwork. I just looked at your collection and it is great, should be a heck of a pinball party!

Thanks a lot!

#7271 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

From what has been talked about and seen on Pinside. Photos of pins with LEDs, digital photography seems to reproduce an effect that does not match what your eye sees.

I would agree with that! I took a lot of photos and had to manually adjust the lighting to get it to show the color and it seemed to go from washed-out colors to rip your eyes out colors. I did half the board with the LED bulbs and then had my wife and kids look at it to see which way they wanted me to go with it and they enthusiastically chose the LED side.

#7272 3 years ago

Gotta be one of the nicest odds and evens out there! Picked this up a few weeks ago.

IMG_4904 (resized).JPGIMG_4905 (resized).JPGIMG_4906 (resized).JPGIMG_4907 (resized).JPGIMG_4909 (resized).JPGIMG_4908 (resized).JPGIMG_4910 (resized).JPGIMG_4911 (resized).JPGIMG_4912 (resized).JPGIMG_4913 (resized).JPG

#7273 3 years ago

Got my first EM a few days ago. 1977 Big Hit. Love it. The playfield is sweet!

IMG_0035 (resized).jpg

IMG_0034 (resized).jpg

IMG_0032 (resized).jpg

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Welcome to the addiction! Just a few more months until you sell those two on the left and fill up the entire room with 'em. Enjoy the spacing while it lasts!

I call it, the "o-din".

No, but really, cool games man!

#7275 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gotta be one of the nicest odds and evens out there! Picked this up a few weeks ago.

never played odds and evens much, but that really looks clean. i always liked games with a lot of wood grain on the pf. most are all screened over. one of my favorites is "just 21" a lot of wood on that one

Quoted from kermit24:

big hit looks really nice. one of the few wedgeheads that i haven't had the privilege of owning. i have play it a lot and really in joy it.
IMO gottliebs best em sports theme, the others are just so/so

moved a few thing around and made room for 3 more in the dungeon. move one down and now have to decide what 0ther 2 will go?

-0000 (resized).jpg

#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

never played odds and evens much, but that really looks clean. i always liked games with a lot of wood grain on the pf. most are all screened over. one of my favorites is "just 21" a lot of wood on that one

big hit looks really nice. one of the few wedgeheads that i haven't had the privilege of owning. i have play it a lot and really in joy it.
IMO gottliebs best em sports theme, the others are just so/so
moved a few thing around and made room for 3 more in the dungeon. move one down and now have to decide what 0ther 2 will go?

T.K.O. can certainly spend time at my house any day, y'know, if you need the room

#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I call it, the "o-din".

Around here, this is what we call an "o-din". Would you like me to mix you one?

o-din (resized).jpg

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Shh, you're supposed to ask in private! Cops are going to be bursting in your door like a high school football party, and worst of all, taking the evidence...

#7279 3 years ago

I forgot, you aren't much older than my own daughter. Heaven forbid she would ever be exposed to such an offer.

As you were, carry on.....

#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

move one down and now have to decide what 0ther 2 will go?

Does this mean there will be a marketplace ad shortly?

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Does this mean there will be a marketplace ad shortly?

i was talking "go" as in go into the dungeon

#7282 3 years ago

Nice Line up Dave
I'm sure you will find a good candidate or two that will be happy to be inside with the cold winter months ahead.

#7283 3 years ago

Picked up two more yesterday.

IMG_2168 (resized).JPG

IMG_2169 (resized).JPG

#7284 3 years ago

Nice! Love my Majorettes, and now you can join the center pop club with Fantastic.

#7285 3 years ago

Gah! Super nice score! Both great games. Hoping a Fan-Tas-Tic will pop up near me soon...

#7286 3 years ago

Majorettes is kinda a half step cousin to the pop bumper between the flippers pin club
with the KickOut Hole between/below the flippers.

#7287 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Majorettes is kinda a half step cousin to the pop bumper between the flippers pin club
with the KickOut Hole between/below the flippers.

Then there's Mayfair. Twin auto-shooters. Cool stuff.

That Majorettes is very nice.

image-11 (resized).jpg

#7288 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Nice! Love my Majorettes, and now you can join the center pop club with Fantastic.

Next

#7289 3 years ago

What you got a center pop game on the way Hoov?

#7290 3 years ago

Just like Facebook groups classified ads, I'm next on your Majorettes if you ever decide to sell. You never know, that one 60's Williams title you've been wanting might pop up some day and you just "have to have it"

#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Just like Facebook groups classified ads, I'm next on your Majorettes if you ever decide to sell. You never know, that one 60's Williams title you've been wanting might pop up some day and you just "have to have it"

Yeah, you never know. Although I never thought I could have so much love for a Gottlieb until this one came along. I'm well past the honeymoon stage and still look forward to playing it whenever I can. My beloved Williams games have been neglected for months. I'd like to say I can't say enough about it but I think I have over and over already.

#7292 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Picked up two more yesterday

On the playfield of the Majorettes, are the 2 angled lower rubber rings, kickers? One would have to have the flipper up to avoid having the ball hit the flipper and drain, is that correct? Looks challenging.

#7293 3 years ago

Nope, they are not kickers. But you can nudge like a m'fer off of them to get the ball up into the kickout. It's interesting how you'll learn when you need a flipper in the upright position so that it can bounce back up through the flippers or into the kickout. Sometimes you can backhand it back down into the kickout. It's very satisfying when you can work it correctly and very frustrating when you don't.

#7294 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i was talking "go" as in go into the dungeon

Oh well, I was just fishing, hoping I could grab something!!

#7295 3 years ago

Jumping Jack, just got the cabinet repainted and now about to put it together in the next few days... it's easier than what it looks (I keep saying that to myself) LOL!

14642123_10153783831797035_4955052234215310648_n (resized).jpg

#7296 3 years ago

cabinet looks like a nice repaint....

#7297 3 years ago

Update on the See Saw mentionned a few weeks ago.

The cabinet repaint is completed.
20160916_224023-COLLAGE (resized).jpg

Playfield almost done.
IMG_20150913_184418-COLLAGE (resized).jpg

Some keylining, text and final coats of clear.

Wont even dare mention the amount of hours Ive spent on this

#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from Fred736:

Update on the See Saw mentionned a few weeks ago.
The cabinet repaint is completed.

Playfield almost done.

Some keylining, text and final coats of clear.
Wont even dare mention the amount of hours Ive spent on this

Love it!

#7299 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Picked up one of my three "grail" EM machines yesterday, Sky Jump

Does anyone know how many games have this exactly same PF layout?

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, I'm actually crossing over to the Twilight Zone....

e1a3036de16649ed54b2ef5a25f65c351128dd5c (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 12210 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside