20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 275.
#7201 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Speaking of the right kind of character, I hate the wrong kind of character. Today I scratched the side of my Sky Jump (small, but still) with a very nice cabinet when moving it and it's the game on the end of the row, with the scratch facing out-side.
Thankfully it was on white and you can't see it too well if you don't know what you're looking for, but I sure hate those little mishaps that can make you cringe whenever you think about it. I've seen other collectors come across little flaws they caused for the first time and I'm glad I'm not the only one who reacts the way I do. (Looks at it, looks away, looks at it again "It's not so bad, if you look at it like this", looks at it again "oh god it's awful")
Every time.
Some poor guy I know did the same exact thing (I dub it "the collector shuffle"), had the brackets of the score reels wear those classic little marks on his brand new Gottlieb Kings & Queens NOS backglass. He noticed while I was there and acted calm about it but wasn't the same for the rest of the night and kept peering over at the game. I don't blame him.

Been there done that

The pro's and con's of OCD and collecting......

#7202 7 years ago

My buddy's been lining up the mod cabs. Anybody have an original Viking backglass they can spare?

image1 (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).JPG

#7203 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My buddy's been lining up the mod cabs. Anybody have an original Viking backglass they can spare?

i know them well, he also could use a "styling" lockbar too

#7204 7 years ago

Those lockbars seem to be missing on quite a few of these. My Magic Clock has what looks like an original and probably wouldn't be too hard to fabricate.

#7205 7 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

The shippers, got a claim started. But it all seems to work. It's had a well loved life. Here's a pic of one of the wedge sides and the whole cab on that side looks like that.

Those shippers are excellent players! Just look at those high scores! They should enter some EM tournaments! Next time tell them not to wear a spiked belt while playing the game.

#7206 7 years ago

My 8 first pin. For 80 bucks!

IMG_20160903_135209175_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20160903_135209175_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_20160903_135236792 (resized).jpgIMG_20160903_135236792 (resized).jpg

#7207 7 years ago
Quoted from MasterBroshi:

My 8 first pin. For 80 bucks!

It is a good game... does it work?
For $80.00 it doesn't have to.

#7208 7 years ago

I had it working flawlessly but am running into issues now

Quoted from bob_e:

It is a good game... does it work?
For $80.00 it doesn't have to.

#7209 7 years ago

I had it working flawlessly but am running into issues now

Welcome to the EM world! Thankfully it's all really usually just adjustments and cleaning if it "worked before" unless something awful happened. I love them because of that, you can get a project game and fix it that night if you're dedicated - usually you don't need to order parts to get a game going most of the time. (Then need to order rubbers and cosmetics, but that's different as they aren't required for the game to "work")

#7210 7 years ago

Soon you will have 8. Trust me....

#7211 7 years ago

Idk I'm on the fence now. Just this one is driving me bananas. When I got it, it would endlessly cycle the reset. 2 weeks later I get it working except it stays on ball 1. 1 day later it's completely working. 1day later none of my play field lights work and none of my bonus gets counted. Same day I get everything working except the ball advance. 1 day later it's stuck in an endless reset cycle.

Quoted from o-din:

Soon you will have 8. Trust me....

#7212 7 years ago

Once you have all the bugs worked out you will be an expert. And then the challenge of taking your knowledge to the next one will be too great to pass up. Soon after that you will be fixing them in your sleep and your garage will be full of them.

Just speculation of course....

#7213 7 years ago

Yeah you're probably right. I've been looking for other deals ever since and I haven't gotten this one figured out yet even.

Quoted from o-din:

Once you have all the bugs worked out you will be an expert. And then the challenge of taking your knowledge to the next one will be to great to pass up. Soon after that you will be fixing them in your sleep and your garage will be full of them.

#7214 7 years ago

I've been looking for other deals ever since and I haven't gotten this one figured out yet even.

"The Force is Strong with this One"

#7215 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Once you have all the bugs worked out you will be an expert. And then the challenge of taking your knowledge to the next one will be too great to pass up. Soon after that you will be fixing them in your sleep and your garage will be full of them.

Pretty much what happened to me.

#7216 7 years ago

Once the garage is full, sooner or later they will find their way into your house too. (I wish I could figure out which button on this camera will keep it from bending the machines. My old one didn't do that)

DSCN4995 (resized).JPGDSCN4995 (resized).JPG

#7217 7 years ago

Trying to decide on cosmetics after this one is up and running again. There's a 'worn to wood' spot near the kickout somewhere between nickel and quarter size, in the red and a little bit of yellow. I'm thinking touch it up and mylar it, rather than varathane or clear the whole field, but I'm a little concerned about a circle of mylar in this particular spot...Decisions, decisions.....

IMG_1126 (resized).JPGIMG_1126 (resized).JPG

#7218 7 years ago

After many months of casual play I finally rolled over (with it set on 5 ball) my beloved Atlantis. I was so damn nervous on that last ball as I just made it by 1,230

IMG_1266 (resized).JPGIMG_1266 (resized).JPG

#7219 7 years ago

I found this chromed arch at the Pacific Pinball Museum. It kinda grew on me during the visit... image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7220 7 years ago

Just picked up a very nice Central Park

IMG_2127 (resized).JPGIMG_2127 (resized).JPG

IMG_2130 (resized).JPGIMG_2130 (resized).JPG

IMG_2129 (resized).JPGIMG_2129 (resized).JPG

IMG_2131 (resized).JPGIMG_2131 (resized).JPG

IMG_2132 (resized).JPGIMG_2132 (resized).JPG

IMG_2133 (resized).JPGIMG_2133 (resized).JPG

#7221 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I found this chromed arch at the Pacific Pinball Museum. It kinda grew on me during the visit...

Perhaps you could have it surgically removed??

#7222 7 years ago

I did this today on my Flying Carpet. I matched the color to the faded cabinet. I only painted the top of the head and face of the head because they were cracking and flacking. I didn't paint the sides. The cabinet is in pretty good shape and I wanted to keep it original as possible. It's just faded in color a little as most of the Flying Carpets are.

IMG_7698 (resized).JPGIMG_7698 (resized).JPG

IMG_7742 (resized).JPGIMG_7742 (resized).JPG

#7223 7 years ago

Some night photos, the arcade is open!
DSCN1062 (resized).JPGDSCN1062 (resized).JPG
DSCN1064 (resized).JPGDSCN1064 (resized).JPG
DSCN1063 (resized).JPGDSCN1063 (resized).JPG

For the some of you EM guys, in this thread, please ignore the talkative Williams and Stern pins in the photos.

#7224 7 years ago

Some pics of my recent 64 Williams San Francisco restore. Did this one for a friend who inherited it when his father passed in April. He wanted it restored in memory of his dad.
Had lots of rust and everything was seized from old grease. Special thanks to member cpiel for the free coin door surround!

20160919_154900 (resized).jpg20160919_154900 (resized).jpg

20160919_154848 (resized).jpg20160919_154848 (resized).jpg

20160919_155739 (resized).jpg20160919_155739 (resized).jpg

20160920_085605 (resized).jpg20160920_085605 (resized).jpg

20160919_154911 (resized).jpg20160919_154911 (resized).jpg

20160920_085630 (resized).jpg20160920_085630 (resized).jpg

#7225 7 years ago

That San Francisco looks really nice ! Can't say that I have seen one before. Cool. Great work.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7226 7 years ago

Getting paid big tomorrow after a very long-term repair for a guy and doing some more pinball jobs next week, enough to first and foremost finish off my important shipping bill tomorrow on my Jive Time and also grab another game. Going outside of my hobby money but will have it all straightened out again by next week. I love that I can do what I love (repairing arcade and pinball machines) to afford buying my own. This time I finally bought a real pretty machine that doesn't need a single thing because of this little boost in pay, usually I can only afford rough projects. It feels really good. This thing has an IMMACULATE (and clean!) playfield, and a backglass and cabinet to match in great condition. On top of that, I have been wanting this game for a very very long time. I knew I had to jump on it. Last show of the year around here, after all! Looks like it has all new posts and rubbers too unless the original posts are in as great of shape as the rest of the playfield.

After playing really really nice truly collector-quality games at the Silverball Museum I have been really searching for a game with a similar "perfect" feel to it and I finally found it, and can't wait to make the rest of my games the same way. I think the polished metal (especially the coin door) and the new posts make all of the difference. I have been searching for having a game with that vibe for so long, and I finally found it! Feels brand new! And I'm so glad this is the title I got to have that on!

1968 Gottlieb "Fun Park", 580 produced, add-a-ball version of Gottlieb "Fun Land". Usually try to go for replay games but I heard that the add-a-ball version is the better version of the two and I absolutely must agree after finally playing it! I wish I took a picture of the instruction card, very inventive objective and a lot of things to change around (like what bonus/special/WOW you get: 500 points, 1 ball added, or 2 balls added, and you change this by hitting the yellow pop bumper) and genuinely a lot of fun. I think the basis of this game is my favorite so far, with a theme I really really love too!

Couldn't be happier! I think this is my nicest game yet, with my Gottlieb Spin-A-Card coming in second! What a great buy! Can't wait to put it in my lineup. (and set the rest of it back up too, considering I brought 3 others to the show...!)

IMG_9229 (resized).JPGIMG_9229 (resized).JPG
IMG_9065 (resized).JPGIMG_9065 (resized).JPG
IMG_8745 (resized).JPGIMG_8745 (resized).JPG
IMG_8746 (resized).JPGIMG_8746 (resized).JPG
IMG_9070 (resized).JPGIMG_9070 (resized).JPG
IMG_9287 (resized).JPGIMG_9287 (resized).JPG

#7227 7 years ago

Here are some of mine. Drop A Card, Eight Ball, Jack in the Box, Capt Fantastic, and Jacks Open

mine (resized).JPGmine (resized).JPG

#7228 7 years ago

And my winter project - a Gottlieb Baseball - its a re-import and very dirty - but the BG is pretty good and playfield may clean up OK - Cab is great.

baseball board (resized).JPGbaseball board (resized).JPG

baseball pf (2) (resized).JPGbaseball pf (2) (resized).JPG

baseball pf2 (2) (resized).JPGbaseball pf2 (2) (resized).JPG

#7229 7 years ago
Quoted from gottguy:

Some pics of my recent 64 Williams San Francisco restore. Did this one for a friend who inherited it when his father passed in April. He wanted it restored in memory of his dad.
Had lots of rust and everything was seized from old grease. Special thanks to member cpiel for the free coin door surround!

Great Job! Did you repaint those flippers? If so, what paint did you use, and how did you do the letters?

#7230 7 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just picked up a very nice Central Park

Wow! That game is sweeeet!!!

#7231 7 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Great Job! Did you repaint those flippers? If so, what paint did you use, and how did you do the letters?

The original metal ones were missing. Those are PBR plastic repros

#7232 7 years ago
Quoted from gottguy:

Some pics of my recent 64 Williams San Francisco restore.

We played some San Fransisco last night. Wish the cabinet looked as nice as yours. But it's a keeper for sure.

#7233 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

1968 Gottlieb "Fun Park", 580 produced, add-a-ball version of Gottlieb "Fun Land". Usually try to go for replay games but I heard that the add-a-ball version is the better version of the two and I absolutely must agree

Wonder where you heard that.

#7234 7 years ago

1977 Team One
Gottlieb's Abra Ca Dabra aab cousin.
650 produced.
One of the greatest player/art combinations on a pin during the 70's. (and whoever doesn't like the art gets put on my ignore list

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7235 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wonder where you heard that.

Was talking to some of my friends at the show (like Vic Camp, and others) about it and it came up a few times.

Love the alternating "special" that the replay version appears to not have. I'm really glad I ended up with this version.

#7236 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I'm really glad I ended up with this version.

Congrats. You will probably want to keep it too.

I'm not the biggest AAB fan, but between that one and Flipper, I think I've got two of the better ones.

#7237 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Congrats. You will probably want to keep it too.
I'm not the biggest AAB fan, but between that one and Flipper, I think I've got two of the better ones.

Thanks o-din! Yep, this is one of those "you'll have to pry from my cold dead-but-still-flipping" hands games for me.

I remember that as a new collector after my first wedgehead I saw Fun Land on IPDB and knew it was one of the games I wanted most just based off of the art alone, and I'm glad even aside from the art being one of my favorites that it (Fun Park) ended up being one of my personal favorite playing games right away. So those two great things put together, with me being able to pick it up in purely pristine condition and not needing any tweaks/service needed, needless to say I'm incredibly incredibly satisfied. Of course all of that is up to opinion on how somebody feels about the game and those are mine, and that's the point. *I* love it! And can't beat what I paid for it.

Here are the Fun Land and Fun Park playfields for comparison, quite different after all. Almost all of the playfield artwork is different (sans spinners and plastics, of course), even down to the top of the playfield in the art around the lanes. Even the center ducks appear to be redone and placed differently (with inserts laid out differently and colored differently), although I know you own one yourself o-din, now I'm just speaking to the general public: note the pop bumpers and the extra "indicated value" feature Fun Park has (pictures from IPDB, somebody mixed up the Fun Park pop bumper colors somehow by swapping yellow and red and adding an extra yellow on that machine Not my machine)

I've seen these machines for sale side by side before in somebody's collection and now I see that it would probably be totally reasonable to own both if you had the extra room and interest. I am definitely very content with what version I have though, that's for sure! If it happened the other way around maybe I would be more interested in seeking out the other, but I'm already as happy as I can be with getting the one I feel is better to start. Nobody really "needs" both as they're great different standalone games as they were originally meant to be... especially me, for my well being!

Can't wait to finish up my gameroom so I can set it up again.

Photos courtesy of IPDB (Russ Jensen & Vic Camp):

Fun Land
Playfield (1) (resized).jpgPlayfield (1) (resized).jpg

Fun Park
image-A3 (resized).jpgimage-A3 (resized).jpg

#7238 7 years ago

For those that don't know the basic rules, you lite the center ducks by hitting the corrosponding shots on the playfield. The two red insert ducks are lit by the upper rollover button. Indicated value is changed by hitting the center pop bumper.

Each time you spin the spinner the center arrow moves until the spinner stops and if it stops on a lit duck and the indicated value of that same color is lit you get points for green, one extra ball for yellow, and two extra balls for red. After a ball is added, all center lites go back out again.

#7239 7 years ago

Your original duck spinners are really nice too!

#7240 7 years ago

Sorry for my long post again. I get a little enthusiastic and then away she goes.

Here's some more pictures from the York Show to compensate. Pictures by me. That Gottlieb Bristol Hills(!) was one of my favorite machines from the show. Truly an immaculate restoration all around. I drooled over this the whole time. If I had $1500 I would have blown it right away.

IMG_8272 (resized).JPGIMG_8272 (resized).JPG

IMG_8344 (resized).JPGIMG_8344 (resized).JPG

IMG_8338 (resized).JPGIMG_8338 (resized).JPG

IMG_8346 (resized).JPGIMG_8346 (resized).JPG

IMG_8374 (resized).JPGIMG_8374 (resized).JPG

IMG_8379 (resized).JPGIMG_8379 (resized).JPG

IMG_8484 (resized).JPGIMG_8484 (resized).JPG

IMG_8523 (resized).JPGIMG_8523 (resized).JPG

IMG_8487 (resized).JPGIMG_8487 (resized).JPG

IMG_8529 (resized).JPGIMG_8529 (resized).JPG

IMG_8546 (resized).JPGIMG_8546 (resized).JPG

#7241 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Thanks! I love the design of them as well, I really like the whole duck thing. The carnival theme is really timeless.

Quack quack!

Screenshot_3400 (resized).pngScreenshot_3400 (resized).png

#7242 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

has anybdoy got repro labels for this title they could please supply? restoring a gottlieb fun park (the italian aab).

#7243 7 years ago

LUCKY! love this game..congrats

#7244 7 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

has anybdoy got repro labels for this title they could please supply? restoring a gottlieb fun park (the italian aab).

Tivoli or Fun Fair? They made those two for Italy. Fun Park is the American AAB.

Tivoli looks like a cool alternate version too, that one is quite different. Funny how they made four versions of this game!

#7245 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Tivoli or Fun Fair? They made those two for Italy. Fun Park is the American AAB.
Tivoli looks like a cool alternate version too, that one is quite different. Funny how they made four versions of this game!

sorry fun fair (which has the ball diverter below the flippers)

#7246 7 years ago

EM Rant. Fueled by Vodka & Clamato juice.

Ok, I'm posting this. (By the way, my 3 inch flipper pins are not for sale.)

Some 3 inch flipper games are real easy. Those 2 inch flipper games are way more challenging. It took all these years for DMD games to get back to a challenge level of 2 inch flipper EM games. Played the 1965 Hi Dolly then mistakenly played Sky Jump right afterward. Now I know, i need a really nice wood rail pin. Play the 3 inch flipper games first then the 2 inch flipper games next.

Just a QUICK rant, now, back to our normal programming.

#7247 7 years ago

Just got this

IMG953370 (resized).jpgIMG953370 (resized).jpg

IMG953369 (resized).jpgIMG953369 (resized).jpg

IMG953368 (resized).jpgIMG953368 (resized).jpg

#7248 7 years ago

Fun fact, this game was made by Chicago Coin right before Stern bought them out (halfway through), so half have the Chicago Coin markings, and half have the Stern markings.

Same with the four player version. The four player version has alternate backglass art.

Once you get it set up, let us know how it plays, I've never played one. The 60's Chicago Coin games seem nice but the early 70's ones are horrid. And I mean horrid. Playfield design was awful and I'm not a fan of their reliability either. I'm wondering if they regained it later on, the playfield layout on this one actually looks pretty nice.

#7249 7 years ago

being doing a ground up restro on this off and on for the past 3 years..at a stage where the backglass came out of storage tonight which inspired me further.

take note of the italian text in the 2nd photo and the extra score reel window which was a common thing to add by italian ops back in the day.

working on some other games at the moment so this game is next to have the cab repainted (all ready to go).

20161009_203136 (resized).jpg20161009_203136 (resized).jpg

20161009_203246 (resized).jpg20161009_203246 (resized).jpg

#7250 7 years ago

Utaku, there is one on location at Cowgirls on Hudson Street and West 10th street with a Cactus Canyon. It's a fun enough EM. If the owner wants, I'll swap this one with the beater that they have.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

£ 39.00
$ 24.98
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
£ 49.00
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.