20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
20240413_220205 (resized).jpg
20240413_215945 (resized).jpg
20240413_220157 (resized).jpg
20240413_215929 (resized).jpg
20240413_215858 (resized).jpg
There are 13,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 275.
#7151 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I hate this effect.

What. The "stobe" effect?

#7152 7 years ago

Not good for toes, or pinball machines.

#7153 7 years ago

Added the Decals from Pinball Rescue. The 3 stand up targets in front of the Roto-Target. Think that the "O" is for operator, since on the Backglass Dolly is using a phone, and it is not a zero. Makes a great improvement visually.
DSCN1049 (resized).JPGDSCN1049 (resized).JPG

The roto-target is next. The roto-target slides, forward, that movement has caused the arced scraping on the numbers. The number pads are rubbing on a small nut that holds the 2 bulb holder, in front of the roto-target. The set screws on the roto- target shaft are not holding the shaft.
I will know more when the roto-target is removed from the playfield. Will need the proper springs and possibly a new shaft. A project for near future.

#7154 7 years ago

How fun is the gameplay?

#7155 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

How fun is the gameplay?

I would give it a solid 6.0 out of 10.
Now, hopefully when the roto-target is fully functioning, I would score it slightly higher.

The game has an Extra Ball feature, which is awarded by hitting the lit Star on the roto target. The ABCD has 3 ways to earn the 10 times multiplier on the Roto-Target or 3 stand up targets, one shot re-sets the 10X, so 1 x 10 x 10 = 100 points minimum. There is one 100 point roll over, which is in the middle of the upper roll overs. With a good shot from a flipper, off of a side rubber into the middle pop bumper, the pop bumper can get the ball to roll through the 100 point switch, done that a few times.

Fresh wax, new rubber rings, and some point filing, helps this game a lot.
DSCN1047 (resized).JPGDSCN1047 (resized).JPG
The counter is stuck, it tries to click. Been around at least once.

#7156 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Added the Decals from Pinball Rescue. The 3 stand up targets in front of the Roto-Target. Think that the "O" is for operator, since on the Backglass Dolly is using a phone, and it is not a zero. Makes a great improvement visually.

The roto-target is next. The roto-target slides, forward, that movement has caused the arced scraping on the numbers. The number pads are rubbing on a small nut that holds the 2 bulb holder, in front of the roto-target. The set screws on the roto- target shaft are not holding the shaft.
I will know more when the roto-target is removed from the playfield. Will need the proper springs and possibly a new shaft. A project for near future.

I had one of these once. Pretty game. Decent player. I made my own target decals on my printer. Protected them with clear packing tape.
Looked just as good as new. Sold the game at one of the Allentown shows back when it was at Merchant's Square.

#7157 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I had one of these once.

Not that many remaining, or owners that will post their game on the internet.
5 on Pinside, 2 on KLOV, and 15 registered with IPSNDB. Some of those figures could be duplicates. There were 1600 made.

#7158 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I would give it a solid 6.0 out of 10.
Now, hopefully when the roto-target is fully functioning, I would score it slightly higher.
The game has an Extra Ball feature, which is awarded by hitting the lit Star on the roto target. The ABCD has 3 ways to earn the 10 times multiplier on the Roto-Target or 3 stand up targets, one shot re-sets the 10X, so 1 x 10 x 10 = 100 points minimum. There is one 100 point roll over, which is in the middle of the upper roll overs. With a good shot from a flipper, off of a side rubber into the top pop bumper, the pop bumper can get the ball to roll through the 100 point switch, done that a few times.
Fresh wax, new rubber rings, and some point filing, helps this game a lot.

The counter is stuck, it tries to click. Been around at least once.

If anybody wants the credit counter paper like I do, here's the scan of it (4th down):

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Gottlieb.htm

I have never seen one of those before. I'm guessing they stopped putting them in at a certain year? Most of my games are after the major Gottlieb shift in design in the mid-60's, so that would explain it. My only rat-trap-reel game is my Mayfair, and with only 1 chance of having it in a machine, of course it's unlikely that I own a machine with it still intact. Will be cool to put that back in.

#7159 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, I know. I used retro LED bulbs to try to mimic incandescents, but ordered the wrong color. I personally still think it looks good, especially the backglass, but would have preferred a warmer bulb. The camera exaggerates the led effects a bit.

Good for you! I love LED's and put them in all my games, some I chose to use the warm white. Mostly use the cool white. I like how it makes the backglass POP with its colors. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Stick with what you like best, it's your game. I love Atlantis.

#7160 7 years ago

Agreed. It's all about fun anyway. And hey... technology evolves, tastes change, you never know. We might eventually develop reactive warm whites which shift colors or subtly flash when points are scored. There is a such thing as "better than original". Hard target to hit, but it exists.

#7161 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Stick with what you like best, it's your game

I agree!

#7162 7 years ago

Early morning ride in the country with my new gal.

unnamed (1) (resized).jpgunnamed (1) (resized).jpg

#7163 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

You better show her more love than that. Make her wear her seat belt, Sheeesh!

#7164 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

You better show her more love than that. Make her wear her seat belt, Sheeesh!

My thoughts exactly.

#7165 7 years ago

Well, there's hard feelings still lingering I guess. We had a thing before and she left me, so she still has to win my trust back. Until then, no seatbelts.

#7166 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

We had a thing before and she left me, so she still has to win my trust back.

If you feel that way, why is she riding shotgun? Throw her in the back!

#7167 7 years ago

Always good fun with Todd Tuckey and his jokes.

44:36

#7168 7 years ago

Just picked up a Space Mission. Needs a little clean up and rubber,etc and should be good to go.

DSCN5519 (resized).JPGDSCN5519 (resized).JPG

DSCN5522 (resized).JPGDSCN5522 (resized).JPG

DSCN5539 (resized).JPGDSCN5539 (resized).JPG

#7169 7 years ago

Nice, congrats. You keep checking them off of your list.

#7170 7 years ago

Yes - one I was looking for. Trouble is I probably will have to sell a game or two now.

Got my Genie working too also and now I need One and a half spaces just for that monster sized game !

#7171 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Did you feed her breakfast?

#7172 7 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just picked up a Space Mission. Needs a little clean up and rubber,etc and should be good to go.

Congrats and good price for that machine. I was bidding on the Triple Strike from same seller for my brother in law. It went for $100 more. PM me if you are really thinking about letting a game go. You have one that I may be interested in.

#7173 7 years ago

01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg

#7174 7 years ago

perfect timing as pinball rescue have just finished the plastics.

#7175 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Did you feed her breakfast?

Nah, she's not a very big coin eater, just 45k plays...

#7176 7 years ago

99% finished with the rebuild on my King of Diamonds. As I had hoped, the playfield turned out very nice. Still a few minor playing glitches and I need to polish the legs, but happy with the overall results. Always felt that this is one of the most beautiful wedgeheads.

I'll be listing my other (sample) KOD soon.

BEFORE.....

Playfield (resized).JPGPlayfield (resized).JPG

AFTER......

Finished Playfield (resized).JPGFinished Playfield (resized).JPG

Finished Backglass (resized).JPGFinished Backglass (resized).JPG

#7177 7 years ago

Fantastic cleanup on that King of Diamonds! What's that bar/bagatelle in the backbox do?

#7178 7 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

What's that bar/bagatelle in the backbox do?

That is the back glass animation element. As you roll over or hit each playing card on the field, that card # drops down in the back glass. It is a challenge to read it on the fly (while the ball is in play) but a cool feature. My understanding is that it was done partially as an 'attraction mode' to get the attention and interest of others in the arcade. Seems like the heyday of this was in the early to mid-sixties and it is one of the things I love about this era of games.

#7179 7 years ago

new today

20160923_151451 (resized).jpg20160923_151451 (resized).jpg
20160923_151457 (resized).jpg20160923_151457 (resized).jpg

#7181 7 years ago

That is awesome. On my wishlist since I love ball bowlers but do not have room for a full-size one. Never played one, how is it?

#7182 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

That is awesome. On my wishlist since I love ball bowlers but do not have room for a full-size one. Never played one, how is it?

it is a great game. a friend has one and i have been looking for one for quite some time. when you do find them they are either PROJECTS or priced very high. i got it working but needs to be shopped and at a very fair price.

#7183 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

99% finished with the rebuild on my King of Diamonds. As I had hoped, the playfield turned out very nice. Still a few minor playing glitches and I need to polish the legs, but happy with the overall results. Always felt that this is one of the most beautiful wedgeheads.
I'll be listing my other (sample) KOD soon.
BEFORE.....

AFTER......

That playfield looks awesome!

#7186 7 years ago

20160918_185230 (resized).jpg20160918_185230 (resized).jpgI been cleaning some coin doors, putting off working on the Pin-up

#7188 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it is a great game. a friend has one and i have been looking for one for quite some time. when you do find them they are either PROJECTS or priced very high. i got it working but needs to be shopped and at a very fair price.

Very nice Dave, I think I saw that come up from someone north of Baltimore who I've picked up a few P&Bs from. If so its always great to see his collection of EMs

I'm curious if your going to do your cabinet painting magic on this or if you'll keep it the way it is.

#7189 7 years ago

Yes that was mike. Been dealing with him for many years. He just got a midget bowler so I snagged this. I not going to repaint it as of now. The cab is original and not real bad. Just going to do a total breakdown shop job.

#7190 7 years ago

To be continued...

Preservation > Part-out

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7191 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

To be continued...
Preservation > Part-out

Bah, I have fixed worse. How is the playfield?
Evaporust is your friend.

#7192 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Preservation

As long as those 2 ball gates, and the left kicker work, you should be up and running in no time.

#7193 7 years ago

El Dorado in the house! Needs some work but it all seems to more or less work and the playfield is very nice.

20160928_085739 (resized).jpg20160928_085739 (resized).jpg

20160928_085725 (resized).jpg20160928_085725 (resized).jpg

20160928_085526 (resized).jpg20160928_085526 (resized).jpg

20160928_085500 (resized).jpg20160928_085500 (resized).jpg

20160928_085444 (resized).jpg20160928_085444 (resized).jpg

20160928_085431 (resized).jpg20160928_085431 (resized).jpg

#7194 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Bah, I have fixed worse. How is the playfield?
Evaporust is your friend.

Playfield is actually really nice, just very very dirty. The problem is, is that every coil plunger and unit and moving part is rusted stuck. But in time I know it can be fixed. It had been in a flood and the sea air for 20+ years but most of the contacts look/act fine so far, that would be the game-breaking thing for me.

Kind of daunting when you go to touch any of the drop targets and they don't budge because the whole assembly is covered in rust. (both) Will just be a process though, and a great learning experience! Ken (pinhead52) already sold me a new (old) score motor with cams and I can't wait to drop that in and switch the switch stacks over! Exciting! I can probably de-rust the old stuck one if the motor even still spins freely (it doesn't with the cams on it) but I wanted to get one foot in the door and just deal with that one later as a spare, if even possible. Since I wasn't sure, I will be much more excited to put that nice new rust-free part in as the new "heart" of the machine anyways. Like a clean slate with none of the hassle of the old one that may still end up as not working or unreliable. I love it. I am going to utilize a lot of the other parts though and de-rust them. That just seemed like the best candidate to be replaced especially as a part that otherwise usually never needs replaced under normal circumstances, so there were a lot of spares out there just sitting around waiting to be sold at a great price.

Pretty symbolic, it's like a heart transplant. A fine working part as the main thing will be pretty nice to have during the rest of troubleshooting too.

#7195 7 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

El Dorado in the house! Needs some work but it all seems to more or less work and the playfield is very nice.

Yikes! Who took a ball-peen hammer to the coin door?

#7196 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That's just Cowboy shoot em up from the game. It's ok.

#7197 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The shippers, got a claim started. But it all seems to work. It's had a well loved life. Here's a pic of one of the wedge sides and the whole cab on that side looks like that.

20160928_162700 (resized).jpg20160928_162700 (resized).jpg

#7198 7 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

The shippers, got a claim started. But it all seems to work. It's had a well loved life. Here's a pic of one of the wedge sides and the whole cab on that side looks like that.

That's character! Great evidence of when it was on location.

#7199 7 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

Here's a pic of one of the wedge sides and the whole cab on that side looks like that.

Add the ones with the dates to Pinside High Scores.

#7200 7 years ago

Speaking of the right kind of character, I hate the wrong kind of character. Today I scratched the side of my Sky Jump (small, but still) with a very nice cabinet when moving it and it's the game on the end of the row, with the scratch facing out-side.

Thankfully it was on white and you can't see it too well if you don't know what you're looking for, but I sure hate those little mishaps that can make you cringe whenever you think about it. I've seen other collectors come across little flaws they caused for the first time and I'm glad I'm not the only one who reacts the way I do. (Looks at it, looks away, looks at it again "It's not so bad, if you look at it like this", looks at it again "oh god it's awful")

Every time.

Some poor guy I know did the same exact thing (I dub it "the collector shuffle"), had the brackets of the score reels wear those classic little marks on his brand new Gottlieb Kings & Queens NOS backglass. He noticed while I was there and acted calm about it but wasn't the same for the rest of the night and kept peering over at the game. I don't blame him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 38.00
$ 16.95
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 39.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 13,745 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.