Topic Stats

• 11,767 posts
  • 662 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by spinal
  • Topic is favorited by 177 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,699 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0B8C0420-2EAE-4A69-BD83-9D55F2F222C5 (resized).jpeg
EED7B532-1938-42BB-9543-53D02DB9B912 (resized).jpeg
D8F0A095-3491-4C4E-9552-1B05837AF386 (resized).jpeg
20190719_165518 (resized).jpg
20190719_165513 (resized).jpg
20190719_165504 (resized).jpg
20190719_165447 (resized).jpg
20190615_073855 (resized).jpg
20190717_204417_resized (resized).jpg
20190715_093059 (resized).jpg
20190715_093019_resized (resized).jpg
20190715_092954_resized (resized).jpg
20190706_172110_resized (resized).jpg
20190715_093041_resized (resized).jpg
20190621_155409_resized (resized).jpg
20190714_165030_resized (resized).jpg

There are 11767 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 236.
#7101 2 years ago

My buddy has a Stern Stars and that is about as good an early SS game I ever played. And it has a chime unit. Got me interested in looking for more.

#7102 2 years ago

Some of those early Stern SS games were pretty good. I once had a "Trident" which was going to get chucked in the trash. It wasn't bad overall, and when I got it home, it actually worked. Cleaned it up and got it playing pretty good. Worst thing was the sound; bleep, bloop, bleep! Ended up trading it for a Gottlieb "Top Score" which I subsequently sold. Although I'm an EM guy at heart, if I had enough space and enough cash, my collection would include many early SS games as well as some of the modern titles. Stern "Stingray" is a good one I wouldn't turn away if it came my way.

#7103 2 years ago

Stingray is supposed to be a good one. I keep hearing a lot about it. That beeping is one of the things that turned me off when solid states first arrived on the scene. However I'm learning to adapt as it opens up a whole new set of games to play.

When I was cutting my teeth on EMs in the 70s, it became apparent that Bally had made great strides and was well on it's way to being on top. Their only down side was the lack of many single player games. I think once everybody went SS Bally finally rose to the top and those early Sterns share many of the same components.

#7104 2 years ago

Nice find Dave; they made 211 units and you have 2 of them; WOW

Quoted from boilerman:

I know, NOT an EM but it has been on my down low want list for as long as i can remember.....

#7105 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have only one System 1 game; hands down the best one; "Joker Poker". "Solar Ride" is better than "Dragon" I think. Isn't "Dragon" the only System 1 game without drop targets?

I would like to get a Joker Poker, I'm concerned as far as repairs as I have read a lot of problems with system 1's and have never owned one. There was a Cleopatra at the York show last year for sale, it played real nice and I think it was @ $700, I was tempted but didn't bite.

#7106 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

OK now we have an opportunity to rank System 1 games... what's yours?

#1 Joker Poker
#1 Count Down

#7107 2 years ago

I'd like to say I miss my Joker Pokers, but I really don't. It was nice to have them for a while and such nice ones, but I can live without them.

#7108 2 years ago

Lets face the facts there folks. The early SS pins were just an evolution of EM pins.

Back then the manufactures hit on a good thing, for them. Less physical parts in the game.
For the players more rules per game, multi ball, on more games, etc.
Not sure on the less breakdowns on a SS, as a new repair procedure was needed.

Now, if we can get back on track here, that would be great!

#7109 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Now, if we can get back on track here, that would be great!

Good idea! But I will post a pic of that Skateball Robert's sending as soon as it arrives.

#7110 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

#1 Joker Poker
#1 Count Down

for me
tie for first
#1 genie
#1 count down
#2 joker poker
#3 pinball pool

#7111 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good idea! But I will post a pic of that Skateball Robert's sending as soon as it arrives.

thought our buddy was getting roberts skateball? or are you getting it from our buddy?

#7112 2 years ago

I don't know about favorite System 1 game but Sinbad definitely rates as my favorite Gottlieb drop target game.

#7113 2 years ago

#1 Genie
#2 Joker Poker (Of course the EM version would make it my first choice)

#7114 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

thought our buddy was getting roberts skateball? or are you getting it from our buddy?

I'm getting it, and I'm gonna rock n roll with it. I'm trying to diversify a little bit. Should be done soon. Robert does amazing work and I just couldn't pass it up.

#7115 2 years ago

Just picked up a williams 1966 skill pool

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#7116 2 years ago

Sweet.

#7117 2 years ago

Joker Poker is a great game, so it has to get my vote.

Though playing other System 1's might help me change my mind

#7118 2 years ago

Not to quibble, but Skill Pool came out in 1963. Reverse wedgeheads ended production in 1964. Suppose to be a fun game. Would own if I could find one with a decent glass....right O-din?
Also, if you don't need 2 of those AA&the Aliens Dave (not on your top system 1games after all! )I'd be glad to take one off your hands!

#7119 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Also, if you don't need 2 of those AA&the Aliens Dave (not on your top system 1games after all! )I'd be glad to take one off your hands!

to be honest, I only played Annie about 20 times at a show many many years ago. I really liked it and could never find one.
I would need to put more than 20 games on it to truly put it in my top 3 system 1's
the art is killer and it had great flow. so only time will tell. I will restore the better of the two and if you are interested in the other pm me and we can talk about the other

#7120 2 years ago

FLAKY! Very flaky. Coloured flakes fell off when removing the glass, to get to the back glass lights.

DSCN1039 (resized).JPG

Surly some fell off as it was moved into the house. Triple Thick to the rescue. Triple Thick should hold the art work in place, for another 30 years or so.

#7121 2 years ago

All set up on setup day at a new local video game convention here in New Jersey (Parsippany) with a big room for arcade and pinball, representing the EM crowd. There are two or three (three is the maximum, I walked around) more here scattered inside of the room but that is it, majority is Ivan trying to sell. My Magnotron is all shined up and gone through for its first ever show and I have no doubts that it will survive the rush. My parts for my wedgeheads (the usual show lineup) didn't come yet so I decided that the robot theme was more fitting for the occasion than anything else (and was anyways, even with the show games) and went with something outside of the usual show games, that normally never leave my house.

It got cleaned, waxed, a new ball, and even a new power switch (old one was broken off but my machines are on power strips/light switches so it didn't matter) all today. Then heaved it out of the basement and got on the road! Feels refreshing to give an "old friend" its first show experience. It will be very busy here and get more play than it has probably seen in a very very long time. A beautiful thing in my opinion. Worth the terribly hard work. I do this with every show and none of them are ever up for sale, I do it out of love and enjoyment!

This, then Jersey Jack and York later this month with some other machines...

Will be doing a small "look inside" demonstration on both days of the event for about a half an hour to spread the love.

14317417_10207074260803438_9148183066791409036_n (resized).jpg
14224958_10207074295124296_6580191037572406652_n (resized).jpg

#7122 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

to be honest, I only played Annie about 20 times at a show many many years ago. I really liked it and could never find one.
I would need to put more than 20 games on it to truly put it in my top 3 system 1's
the art is killer and it had great flow. so only time will tell. I will restore the better of the two and if you are interested in the other pm me and we can talk about the other

I hope you don't need plastics for either of these games.
ebay.com link » Nos Gottlieb Asteroid Annie And The Aliens Pinball Machine Plastic Set Rare

#7123 2 years ago

Atlantis all finished...leds a little cooler than i wanted, but very happy with the results overall. Couldnt figure out why a bunch of lights wouldnt work in the back box, turns they are the match lights...duh! Only took me an hour to figure that one out. My first EM!

20160911_180418 (resized).jpg

20160911_180425 (resized).jpg

#7124 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

ebay.com link ยป Nos Gottlieb Asteroid Annie And The Aliens Pinball Machine Plastic Set Rare

not at 512.00 a set I don't

#7125 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Atlantis all finished...leds a little cooler than i wanted, but very happy with the results overall. Couldnt figure out why a bunch of lights wouldnt work in the back box, turns they are the match lights...duh! Only took me an hour to figure that one out. My first EM!

Good job. Although, I'm sure you'll find this end of the community is much harsher and more adamant on LED use than the other ends of pinball.

#7126 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Good job. Although, I'm sure you'll find this end of the community is much harsher and more adamant on LED use than the other ends of pinball.

Yeah, I know. I used retro LED bulbs to try to mimic incandescents, but ordered the wrong color. I personally still think it looks good, especially the backglass, but would have preferred a warmer bulb. The camera exaggerates the led effects a bit.

#7127 2 years ago

such a great game and can't think of a tougher 70s em.

what a rush to get the doodle bug lit for 10,000 and trying to keep it going.

love the art, love the memories, love the colours and the way it plays.

when we were kids playing it growing up all you would hear is 'get the f*cking doodle bug' and then watch the eyes flash while trying to keep the ball in play.

20160912_185957 (resized).jpg

#7128 2 years ago

Interesting High Scores sticker on the lock down bar. Was it on there when you got it or did you make it or find it on line somewhere ?

#7129 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Interesting High Scores sticker on the lock down bar. Was it on there when you got it or did you make it or find it on line somewhere ?

Think that Pinball Rescue, sells that decal.

P.S. Zoom on the photo, it has pinballrescue.net on it.

#7130 2 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

such a great game and can't think of a tougher 70s em.
what a rush to get the doodle bug lit for 10,000 and trying to keep it going.
love the art, love the memories, love the colours and the way it plays.
when we were kids playing it growing up all you would hear is 'get the f*cking doodle bug' and then watch the eyes flash while trying to keep the ball in play.

Remember playing the replay version, Doodle Bug on location back in the day, pointy people!!

#7131 2 years ago

I love me some doodle bug

#7132 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Good lord! 512 dollars?!?

#7133 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

lee and gordon at pinball rescue

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Decals_High_Score.html

#7134 2 years ago

Pretty neat. I use a chalkboard with Game Names and list the high score for each and change it when they fall. But I like those stickers too.

#7135 2 years ago

Another nice collection in North Jersey. Check it out.

#7136 2 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Would own if I could find one with a decent glass....right O-din?

Looks like BGresto was able to work with a very familar looking backglass photo..

http://bgresto.com/?p=1504

#7137 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like BGresto was able to work with a very familar looking backglass photo..
http://bgresto.com/?p=1504

Is that your old glass?

#7138 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

looks to be above average condition. great game, I will just re added that to my collection. did you get it from tnt?

Yes...my beautiful Sing Along! Todd

#7139 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are those LED's in that Atlantis ? if not it sure looks funny, other than the lighting which may be the photograph it looks very nice.. clean. look like many hours went into bringing it back to life . It is a fun game. not as easy as it looks.

have fun . enjoy

Sir Brian of Ortonville

#7140 2 years ago

Sorry, I posted before I read the other posts
LED's in an EM , it is you game.

Sorry

#7141 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Is that your old glass?

Yep. But I never sent it. Unless somebody else had one with a taped on 2 ball too.

#7142 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. But I never sent it. Unless somebody else had one with a taped on 2 ball too.

They should have used your export glass image. That thing is awesome.

#7143 2 years ago

I always kind of liked that taped on 2 ball. American inginuity at it's finest.

#7144 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I always kind of liked that taped on 2 ball. American inginuity at it's finest.

Well it works and does make you smile.

#7145 2 years ago

It was the nicest part of that backglass.

#7146 2 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

Are those LED's in that Atlantis ? if not it sure looks funny, other than the lighting which may be the photograph it looks very nice.. clean. look like many hours went into bringing it back to life . It is a fun game. not as easy as it looks.
have fun . enjoy
Sir Brian of Ortonville

Yes, they are comet retro bulbs. I ordered natural white by mistake, was after warm white. Camera exaggerates the effect, in person it looks very good actually, nice bright colors for the bg. Purists will hate it, but it simple enough to change at any time. Topside was torn down, cleaned, adjusted, etc. plays really well!

#7147 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, they are comet retro bulbs. I ordered natural white by mistake, was after warm white. Camera exaggerates the effect, in person it looks very good actually, nice bright colors for the bg. Purists will hate it, but it simple enough to change at any time. Topside was torn down, cleaned, adjusted, etc. plays really well!

do you get the "stobe" effect with those LEDs?

#7148 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I hate this effect.

#7149 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Nope, no ghosting either. My eyes are usually not sensitive to strobing.

#7150 2 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Yes...my beautiful Sing Along! Todd

Thanks Todd, I'm happy to own this title; still cleaning it up and have to do some tuning but it will be a nice one to add to the collection. It was a pleasure dealing with you. Chuck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 11767 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 236.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside