Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 243.
#7001 3 years ago

If I didn't have a Quick Draw i would be interested, love playing it.
On my backglass my reds and some of the yellows were on bad shape, even the blue by the drop targets on mine is worn, yours looks good.

#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

That's a cool cab stencil! I've played this but have never seen the side of it. Ha-ha!

Yeah same here... first good look at the side art and appreciating how much it conveys with only the minimum amount of work. Classic!

#7003 3 years ago

IMG_20160823_122912227 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160823_122859208_TOP (resized).jpg

IMG_20160823_122907818 (resized).jpg

#7004 3 years ago

Did you repaint those flippers, or are those original?

#7005 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

What's with the Williams coin blank?
Marcos offers this insert, looks great -
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-826-BALLY

you know i never noticed !!!! bally vs williams. i looked at the williams plate and it never registered? boy i am getting brain dead lately.. i even responded that they used the correct plate. DUH..
i will get the correct bally plate on the next order.

#7006 3 years ago

I have a buddy that comes over to play and all he ever says is, "Dimension, that's my game from the old days, I played all the time, I'd kick your arse on Dimension if you had one blah blah blah Dimension". I may have to get one some time just to shut him up
Interesting though is I found (2) two in a basement near me and the guy won't sell, or even consider selling (a hoarder). Anyway...beautiful game!

#7007 3 years ago

7000 POSTS to this TOPIC.

Great achievement fellow Pinsiders.

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

fireball is 99% done. need a 0-9 bell and clapper( help me if you can) i need to install the new plastics and put in the bg.
other then that it is up and playing and 0 issues so far.

Dave...lose the "Bally" sticker on the coin door. They were not on the coin door in 1972. Lose the Williams coin plug ( easy part to find) and lose the 7 plays for a SBA coin prices and get the 2 for a quarter part which is very easy to find (10 dollars for 2 on ebay typically)

The game looks awesome BTW. Very, very nice repaint.

#7009 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I finally got my Eager Beaver up and running and now it is in good company. I've had a few Stenholms, but he went all out on this one.

This is where Stenholm and Parker really overlap. If you said this is a Parker glass, I don't think anyone would question it.

#7010 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I went to the Pacific Pinball Museum warehouse today. Pinball Heaven.. Here are a few pictures I thought you all would like

Holy mother of pearl!!!

#7011 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fun Park eh? Probably the best 60s spinner game I've ever played. Maybe the best spinner game period.

"Fun Park/"Fun Land" are two of the most under-the-radar games out there. Fantastic players! Lots of fun!

#7012 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"Fun Park/"Fun Land" are two of the most under-the-radar games out there. Fantastic players! Lots of fun!

So true. I'm not the biggest add a ball fan, but on Fun Park it is integrated in a fun way. And also good 60s games with spinners are few and far between, but these are situated just right.

Quoted from jrpinball:

This is where Stenholm and Parker really overlap. If you said this is a Parker glass, I don't think anyone would question it.

Except that the last glass Parker did for Williams was in 1956.

image-1.jpg

#7013 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

picked this up today, really clean game. cabinet super nice and white not yellow. pf needs to be cleaned and shopped looks like it will come up nice. the plastics behind the drops have two chips upper corner but a new repro set is pretty cheap. backglass is one of the nicest i have seen on this title. normally reds are bad and faded. this has two small spot that that are starting to lift but other than that it is nice and bright not faded
anyone local who might me interested let me know, i really don't have the room.
it was just to nice to pass up. it is one of the best multiplayers imo
otherwise it will be shoved into the never ending project pile...

Great game. Kicks my ass daily and keeps me asking for more.

#7014 3 years ago

Original, unrestored Fun Park.

DSCN4931 (resized).JPG
DSCN4924 (resized).JPG
DSCN4923 (resized).JPG
DSCN4926 (resized).JPG
DSCN4928 (resized).JPG

#7015 3 years ago

Tidied up the play field on Hi Dolly. Buff and wax the play areas. Will do a more thorough cleaning when the parts arrive. Just posting 2 pictures for now. The Roto Target spins every time, but needs to be serviced.
DSCN0998 (resized).JPG
DSCN0995 (resized).JPG

There are a lot of posts to shine up.

#7016 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

agree, been doing a ground up restore of gottlieb fun fair which is the italian version of fun park..note the ball diverter below the flippers

13781693_1379874135372721_7506545344261341532_n_zpst9e7704t (resized).jpg

#7017 3 years ago

shopped out that fast draw from the earlier post. now the pf matches the cabinet and bg. i got it work 95% just need to clean the bonus stepper.
anyone interested in it let me know

005 (resized).jpg

#7018 3 years ago

Yeah baby! Look what Don Bosworth brought today. It starts up and plays. Needs some TLC, but the playfield is beautiful.

20160824_205752 (resized).jpg

#7019 3 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

agree, been doing a ground up restore of gottlieb fun fair which is the italian version of fun park..note the ball diverter below the flippers

That pf looks very nice Tony

#7020 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

shopped out that fast draw from the earlier post. now the pf matches the cabinet and bg. i got it work 95% just need to clean the bonus stepper.

Wow... nice!

#7021 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

That will make someone a nice game. One of my favorite multi players.

#7022 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

That will make someone a nice game. One of my favorite multi players.

i am asking 800 is that priced right? i thought that was a great price considering the condition of pf,bg and cabinet.
it is one of the highest rate multi-players IMO
but i don't deal in multiplayers a lot these days.

#7023 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i am asking 800 is that priced right? i thought that was a great price considering the condition of pf,bg and cabinet.
it is one of the highest rate multi-players IMO
but i don't deal in multiplayers a lot these days.

$800 is a bargain for that game in that condition. Although if you didn't put new plastics on it or if the market is soft in your area that's about right.

#7024 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

$800 is a bargain for that game in that condition. Although if you didn't put new plastics on it or if the market is soft in your area that's about right.

the em market in this area is always pretty good. i thought about new plastics but was going to ask 900 when i was going to do it. decided to just drop it to 800 without plastics. (plastics are 80 plus shipping) so it is a wash either way

#7025 3 years ago

I think you're price is right on out there in the land of plentiful games.

#7026 3 years ago

you guys in america are spoiled for choice.. it took nearly 25 years to track one of these down to add to the collection..needs a rebuild but just happy to have finally found this title

20160827_181330 (resized).jpg

#7027 3 years ago

Top Card is up there in the best 10 wedgeheads ever produced for playability. What a great player it is!
Nice find and addition to your collection.

#7028 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks for posting this, makes me not miss mine, as it was total garbage by comparison. Please let me know if you decide to move it along!!

#7029 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Thanks for posting this, makes me not miss mine, as it was total garbage by comparison. Please let me know if you decide to move it along!!

Thanks. I had decided a long time ago I wanted one but knew chances were better of getting the replay version. However most every one of those I saw had been played into the ground. I almost bought a fairly nice one but backed out and decided to wait.

There weren't very many of these made in the first place, I think like 570 or so, so when I saw a friend of mine had picked it up along with some others I wheeled and dealed and snagged it. I don't think he cared for it much so I took it on home.

You will be the first to know if we decide it can go, but it would be tough being it is such a time capsule and a game we wanted in the first place.

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Top Card is up there in the best 10 wedgeheads ever produced for playability. What a great player it is!

Darn it, my Top card is still sitting in storage, awaiting restoration. Gotta get to that one next, I really enjoyed playing Tim M's sweet example at the Tacoma show.

#7031 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm re-painting a Fun Land cabinet and head. On the pedestal front, what's the measurement of the white area between the blue? Any tips for reproducing the webbing effect?

#7032 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

After I got my playfield restored, I put every post on conservative. It's now a very difficult game, because hitting those standup targets with the posts that far out is tough. I thought about moving the posts back but after you put them on conservative, there's enough of a mark from the post that it shows, and I don't want that, so it stays on conservative and stays difficult.

It's a bit easier on three ball. On five ball with those posts on conservative, it was about impossible. Still not easy, but a bit better.

#7033 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

After I got my playfield restored, I put every post on conservative. It's now a very difficult game, because hitting those standup targets with the posts that far out is tough. I thought about moving the posts back but after you put them on conservative, there's enough of a mark from the post that it shows, and I don't want that, so it stays on conservative and stays difficult.
It's a bit easier on three ball. On five ball with those posts on conservative, it was about impossible. Still not easy, but a bit better.

I agree with you as far a setting your pins to " conservative" I can find no enjoyment in playing a pin that is to easy. I just picked up a Top Card for the 3rd time. I like it, then I don't so I sell it and when one comes along again a few years later I buy it again.. kind of sick hugh ? yes.. tougher is always better that's why I love the early 60's games.

Peace
Sir Brian of Ortonville

P1060026 (resized).JPG

#7034 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I'm re-painting a Fun Land cabinet and head. On the pedestal front, what's the measurement of the white area between the blue? Any tips for reproducing the webbing effect?

I would visit EM Tech and start a separate Thread detailing exactly what you need,including pictures of the current Machine you have.

#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

what's the measurement of the white area between the blue?

8 1/2 inches

#7036 3 years ago

I'm working on my favorite 4 flipper EM now. Almost 100%

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#7037 3 years ago

Exactly. I just got home and measured it or I would have posted earlier. Thanks!

Another thing I appreciate about Fun Park is while Williams was the only company making drop target games, which I have a few, Gottlieb had the only spinners. And I think this is one of the better spinner games. Adds to the variety in the collection.

#7038 3 years ago

Great pics! That playfield looks nice. Unique flipper arrangement to Jungle Princess/Jungle Queen. Fun game. I have a Jungle Princess in que to do this winter.

#7039 3 years ago

Jungle Queen/Princess, is a fantastic player IMO.. doesn't get a lot of love by collectors mainly because it's a 4 player, but to me it's one of the better 70s games out there - takes some serious skill to beat it consistently, but awards the player for great shots, and the alternating special/free play lights are the ultimate in pinball eye candy - keeps you coming back for more.

#7040 3 years ago

My best EM's are multiplayers. Fireball, Old Chicago, Paradise, Out Of Sight, Skyrocket, Top Score, Freedom prototype, Snow Derby... geez... most on my want list are multiplayers too.

Don't like 'em? Send 'em to me please.

#7041 3 years ago

Here's a Jungle Queen on CL. Not mine but thought I would throw it out there.

boston.craigslist.org link

#7042 3 years ago

Almost done

IMG_20160823_122912227 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160823_122901161 (resized).jpg

#7043 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Tidied up the play field on Hi Dolly. Buff and wax the play areas. Will do a more thorough cleaning when the parts arrive. Just posting 2 pictures for now. The Roto Target spins every time, but needs to be serviced.

There are a lot of posts to shine up.

looks awesome, have never seen one for sale in australia..pretty sure pinball rescue make the decals for the stationary targets either side of the rotos.

#7044 3 years ago

Fack, that's drool-worthy.

#7045 3 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

looks awesome, have never seen one for sale in australia..pretty sure pinball rescue make the decals for the stationary targets either side of the rotos.

With 1600 made, there are 18 on IPSND, and 6 registered on Pinside. Lee and Gordon have the decals for both the stationary targets and the roto targets. I have a set on the way right now. A few weeks of waiting for them to get to Canada.

#7046 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Here's a Jungle Queen on CL. Not mine but thought I would throw it out there.
boston.craigslist.org link

Ive seen mixed reviews been 35 years since I saw Jungle Princess on route. I like 2P vs 4P , half the headaches. My mid/late 70's 2P want list is Fire Queen or Aladdin's Castle . Here is the front of my Astro I just put on a new chrome door, coin entry plate and I found an original 10 cents one play in another game's goodie bag.

image (resized).jpeg

#7047 3 years ago

I picked up an Atlantis tonight and am really happy to have it. Its fully working, but The topside is apart and i need to put it back together and clean it up. It is a sample game. This is my first EM game and really looking forward to get to work on it. My dad had this game when I was growing up, along with volley and grand prix, and wanted to get one of my own. Love the game. Think I'm happier to now have this than any other game I've bought before...very satisfying!

Used to 90s era games so this is a huge change of pace. Just taking the head off with three connectors was pretty cool and its light! I'm sure i am going to have a lot of questions so good to have pinside as a resource.

20160831_203634 (resized).jpg
20160831_203645 (resized).jpg

#7048 3 years ago

I traded a Gyruss for this some months ago. I don't regret that trade much20160831_201241.jpg

#7049 3 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Ive seen mixed reviews been 35 years since I saw Jungle Princess on route. I like 2P vs 4P , half the headaches. My mid/late 70's 2P want list is Fire Queen or Aladdin's Castle . Here is the front of my Astro I just put on a new chrome door, coin entry plate and I found an original 10 cents one play in another game's goodie bag.

I like the webbing. Did you apply that? Is the chrome door from PBR? Looks nice.

#7050 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I like the webbing. Did you apply that? Is the chrome door from PBR? Looks nice.

I did the webbing my best effort but miles behind K Head and Boilerman.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside