IMG_9534.jpg
IMG_9537.jpg
IMG_9536.jpg
20240112_224157 (resized).jpg
20230522_161842 (resized).jpg
20230522_161836 (resized).jpg
20230522_154448 (resized).jpg
20230522_154506 (resized).jpg

There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 275.
#6951 7 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Just how big are those garages in California anyway?

Big enough to hold a 1968 Coupe De Ville and a 1968 Galaxie 500 at the same time and still have room for a workbench.

#6952 7 years ago

My folks garage, could barely contain their metallic lime green 1965 Mercury Park Lane they used to have,
boy was that thing long, what a boat.

1965-mercury-parklane_(resized).jpg1965-mercury-parklane_(resized).jpg

#6953 7 years ago

Did it have the slide down rear window?

#6954 7 years ago

No, not on theirs,
but always thought that was cool.

#6955 7 years ago

Another pic of my EM Mata Hari

20151107_151350_(resized).jpg20151107_151350_(resized).jpg

#6956 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did it have the slide down rear window?

We used to terrorize Salem in a '65 Mercury Montclair with the electric roll down rear window.
Worked great for shooting bottle rockets out the back. Though it got a bit exciting when one would misfire & go off in the car.

#6957 7 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Another pic of my EM Mata Hari

You have a beautiful and rare EM, but you need to invest into an autofocus and decent camera.

Yves

#6958 7 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Your garage appears to be the never ending black hole of pin collections. Every time someone mentions a game, there you are posting a pic of one in your collection. Just how big are those garages in California anyway? You shame us Midwesterner's with our big basements. Lol.

Once again.......
I think an O-din pinball tour is long overdue!

#6959 7 years ago

He's taking his show on the road? Sweet!

#6961 7 years ago

Brought home a new girl friend, today.

DSCN0963_(resized).JPGDSCN0963_(resized).JPG

DSCN0966_(resized).JPGDSCN0966_(resized).JPG

After 1 hour.... of getting to know her, I got her out of her black outer clothes.
DSCN0967_(resized).JPGDSCN0967_(resized).JPG

#6962 7 years ago

I have always wanted to play this game since I am a fan of two player 1960's Gottliebs. Congratulations on your new pin.

#6963 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

After 1 hour.... of getting to know her, I got her out of her black outer clothes.

Wow, what a pretty woman!
Better not to get married or she'll become a widow again!
Enjoy your GF!

#6964 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Somebody thought the black looked better????????????

#6965 7 years ago

More common than you think... still haven't gotten around to stripping mine.
My Surf Champ was painted white when I got it.

IMG_20160817_055606215_(resized).jpgIMG_20160817_055606215_(resized).jpg

#6966 7 years ago

When I bought my Melody, the seller apologized profusely for not painting it first.
Said the cabinet looked ratty and he was embarrassed to show it to people.

#6967 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Somebody thought the black looked better????????????

The last owner of the Hi Dolly, told me that the guy he got it from was an operator. He did this to all of the older games with cabinet wear. Luckily it was just a thick vinyl film, and not paint.

#6968 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I have always wanted to play this game since I am a fan of two player 1960's Gottliebs. Congratulations on your new pin.

It was for sale for the past 2 weeks. Was not really interested in buying a painted cabinet pin. Then I contacted the seller, it turned out that he was 3 1/2 blocks away, so just had to go look at it. I'm not a fan of clowns, but bought it. It needs some serious cleaning, and a few parts. Should turn out well.
DSCN0956_(resized).JPGDSCN0956_(resized).JPG

#6969 7 years ago

I always thought the art was great on Hi Dolly. It's pretty cool how they referenced characters from previous games.

#6970 7 years ago

People smoking cigarettes!
I love it.

cig_(resized).JPGcig_(resized).JPG

#6971 7 years ago

I can understand the rationale, it's the 80's, everything is made of black melamine, retro 60's stuff is totally out of style, you have this fun machine but with a funky red and blue checker pattern cramping the style of the room, so you just paint it all black and it fits right in next to your Duran Duran poster and fiber optic lamp.

#6972 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I always thought the art was great on Hi Dolly. It's pretty cool how they referenced characters from previous games.

7 different male characters from past pins. Another Roy Parker artwork idea. Wonder who has Dolly's phone number now?

Added over 8 years ago: Dolly's number on the phone is AL 2-2640

#6973 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I can understand the rationale, it's the 80's, everything is made of black melamine, retro 60's stuff is totally out of style, you have this fun machine but with a funky red and blue checker pattern cramping the style of the room, so you just paint it all black and it fits right in next to your Duran Duran poster and fiber optic lamp.

NO. If you read through a lot of the EM threads today on Pinside, it`s still popular to repaint cabs. The difference today is not so much style, I think everyone wants to be the next Picasso.

kills4_(resized).jpgkills4_(resized).jpg

#6974 7 years ago

A good couple two games in a row, for me. Criss Cross-7 replays won on specials, score and match. World Fair-2 replays from special and score. Two beauties that are a joy to own.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6975 7 years ago

I hope to take lots of snapshots of my former pins,
as we load them up for the move to their new home
at the new PPM storage facility in Alameda.
About 2/3rds are EMs
We could use your help if you are in the Bakersfield area this weekend.
Contact me or Mike Schiess (PPM curator) for more details.

#6976 7 years ago

My 1973 Gottlieb King Pin. Full restore including a clearcoat of the Playfield by me.

Oh course I could not have done my Clearcoat until my lovely wife did all the Playfield Touchups for me first in which there was quite a bit especially in the top area and around the Kickout Holes.

Special Thanks goes out to Pinhead52 for the excellent repair and paint job on the Cabinet and Head and who is currently doing one on my soon to be 1975 Gottlieb Atlantis.

King Pin is a fun and a tough game as well which does not give up Specials very easily. The Operators back in the day must have made some serious coin off of this title. I like the fact that you can get back up in the Kickout Holes from any Flipper to try to get the lit one worth 5000 points which is big on this game and needed if you ever plan to win on points.

Ken

DSC09790_(resized).JPGDSC09790_(resized).JPG
DSC09796_(resized).JPGDSC09796_(resized).JPG
DSC09802_(resized).JPGDSC09802_(resized).JPG
DSC09808_(resized).JPGDSC09808_(resized).JPG
DSC09801_(resized).JPGDSC09801_(resized).JPG

#6977 7 years ago

Wow. Your King Pin playfield looks great, Ken, and the machine looks fantastic overall!

Pinhead52 (Ken) does indeed paint a beautiful cabinet.

#6978 7 years ago
Quoted from AvidListener:

Wow. Your King Pin playfield looks great, Ken, and the machine looks fantastic overall!

Thanks so much.

It does look really good if I do say so myself and will keep me happy, but I still would not mind a new one from Wade K. I will do the clearcoat for my 1965 Williams Heatwave as well seeing I have learned much from my first one and the next one will be even better.

Quoted from AvidListener:

Pinhead52 (Ken) does indeed paint a beautiful cabinet.

Yes, always a top notch job and a great guy to deal with to boot. After My Atlantis gets done I will be send him my Heat Wave.

#6979 7 years ago

king pin looks great! one of my favorite games.
what type of clear did you use? 2 part or 1 part clear?

#6980 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

king pin looks great! one of my favorite games.
what type of clear did you use? 2 part or 1 part clear?

Thanks Dave!

Well I did not use VID1900's approach (ducks stones being thrown and heroically runs away). I used a 1 part clear oil based Polyurethane with 2 coats brushed on that self levels. I used a good oil based 1" brush, do not use the foam brushes as they are crap and leave air bubbles that you have to go back over with the good brush to get rid of. I did sand before and after the first coat, but will most likely skip that next time as I hate sanding as it caused me problems with the clear that I had to correct and will attempt to use an acid etch approach next time using white vinegar that leaves no sanding dust and worked great for me in the past when I would paint over old chromed surfaces. You only need 2 coats of this stuff to make the playfield as protected if not more protected than the original 2 lacquer coats that were applied from the factory.

Vid's biggest gripe and I agree is that it yellows a bit but if you already have a Playfield that is quite a bit yellowed already from the nicotine of the ages then it just brings out a nice deep glow to it as you can see from the pictures. I know he also says if it is put in the direct sunlight it will yellow more. Well I agree that could happen too but who leaves their pinball machines that they love in the direct sun all the time to either fade their Cabinet paint and/or deepen a yellow on a Clearcoated Playfield? Sure isn't me.

Also the fumes are not horrible and I was able to clear the Playfield indoors right in my arcade without a mask or anything, just make sure give yourself some air breaks. do not have your head too close while applying it, and crack a window open for some ventilation. After i was done the Playfield sat for a few months before I had time to put the game together which gave the Playfield clearcoat plenty of time to get rock hard.

Here are a couple pics of my King Pin vs Abra Ca Dabra. King Pin with the new Poly coat and ACD with the original waxed lacquer coat, both yellowed about equally prior to the Poly coat on the King Pin. The King Pin looks richer too me, easier to see in person than the pics but you can still get the picture. The interesting thing is that the King Pin plays like it has a lacquer coat and is not super slick like a 2 part clear would be which is nice if you want to retain that original EM Playability.

On a final note I would say only use the Poly oil based and not the water based as we all know water is bad for a Playfield and the product to me is inferior anyway. Use only if your Playfield has a deep dark yellow to it, if you have a nice light looking Playfield do not use this product, use a 2 part auto clear instead especially if you clear a reproduction playfield.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

Poly_(resized).jpgPoly_(resized).jpg
DSC09825_(resized).JPGDSC09825_(resized).JPG
DSC09824_(resized).JPGDSC09824_(resized).JPG

#6981 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

My 1973 Gottlieb King Pin. Full restore including a clearcoat of the Playfield by me

Nice. So what are you going to do with that repro playfield when it happens?

#6982 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice. So what are you going to do with that repro playfield when it happens?

Not sure if it will happen as there are currently only 8 folks who want a new King Pin Playfield, plus if down the road there were enough folks for one it might not get done for a few years. If it did happen I would install the new one and either sell or use the original one as wall art. I already have an original 1965 Gottlieb Kings and Queens Playfield hanging on our hallway wall with room for another next to it.

#6983 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I already have an original 1965 Gottlieb Kings and Queens Playfield hanging on our hallway wall with room for another next to it.

I've got an A Go Go playfield I pulled from a parts game I could send ya.

#6984 7 years ago

Dimension #1 coming along

IMG_3fmt4v_(resized).jpgIMG_3fmt4v_(resized).jpg

#6985 7 years ago

came out great, i have no problem with 1 part other than it take a long time to cure and i hate to wait. the yellow really isn't that bad on the poly. it is just that 2pac is just crystal clear in comparison.

explain the acid wash?

#6986 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

explain the acid wash?

I will do a test spot first when I get to clear my Williams Heat Wave but I want use White Vinegar as an acid etch as it will produce the bite needed for the 2nd coat but I must first see if there is a chemical reaction to the oil poly to see if for example it clouds the sample clear area which is the only problem right now I could foresee but do not expect.

When I use to restore muscle cars a guy taught me a trick using the white vinegar to etch chrome grills on cars if you want to paint it, say black like I did to do a mask on my 66 Chevelle Super Sport. If you did not etch the chrome first the paint would not adhere well and peel off. The technique worked great as I only had to touch up the black once in a while from rock chips in the paint.

#6987 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I will do a test spot first when I get to clear my Williams Heat Wave but I want use White Vinegar as an acid etch as it will produce the bite needed for the 2nd coat but I must first see if there is a chemical reaction to the oil poly to see if for example it clouds the sample clear area which is the only problem right now I could foresee but do not expect.
When I use to restore muscle cars a guy taught me a trick using the white vinegar to etch chrome grills on cars if you want to paint it, say black like I did to do a mask on my 66 Chevelle Super Sport. If you did not etch the chrome first the paint would not adhere well and peel off. The technique worked great as I only had to touch up the black once in a while from rock chips in the paint.

so you are only etching to get the the second coat to adhere better? i hit it with a 1200 grit to give the second coat some teeth.
same idea i guess

#6988 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

so you are only etching to get the the second coat to adhere better? i hit it with a 1200 grit to give the second coat some teeth.
same idea i guess

Pretty much. I'll do the 1200 grit sand prior to the 1st clear which I had no problems with. Then the 2nd coat I will try the white Vinegar for the bite to eliminate any sanding dust getting in between coats and from the sanding itself which caused issues for me on King Pin. Adding the Vinegar after the first coat would be safe on the Playfield too because the water in the Vinegar would not get to the Playfield as it is protected by the Poly coat.

#6989 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I hope to take lots of snapshots of my former pins,
as we load them up for the move to their new home
at the new PPM storage facility in Alameda.

Was too busy loading pins, to take many photos,
we were only able to completely empty one 20x40ft storage unit
and half another.
We filled two 50ft semi trailers,
with about 150 heads & cabinets and misc cocktail pins and a few video games.
Decided to take BLY Skyrocket home with me to Salem OR,
Was also going to take Eager Beaver but only found the spare head,
the cabinet was buried deep in one of the other storage units
that we did not even probe into.
At least it was not 110'F this weekend.
Thanks Mike, Jim, Jem, Ben, Wade, Dan and Adam, who all helped with the loading.

IMG_0364_(resized).JPGIMG_0364_(resized).JPG
IMG_0365_(resized).JPGIMG_0365_(resized).JPG
IMG_0366_(resized).JPGIMG_0366_(resized).JPG
IMG_0367_(resized).JPGIMG_0367_(resized).JPG
IMG_0368_(resized).JPGIMG_0368_(resized).JPG
IMG_0369_(resized).JPGIMG_0369_(resized).JPG
IMG_0370_(resized).JPGIMG_0370_(resized).JPG
IMG_0371_(resized).JPGIMG_0371_(resized).JPG

#6990 7 years ago

Wow that's the nicest Trade Winds glass I've ever seen. I'll be visiting the PPM late September/early October. Think some of these will be on the floor by then?

Good decision keeping Skyrocket. It has climbed into my personal top 5. Love the light show and variety of shots. No idea why this wasn't a bigger seller... it's great!

#6991 7 years ago

I knew I should have sent one of those pods up there.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Was also going to also take Eager Beaver

Taking the Beaver seems like a no brainer. Great playing game.

#6992 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

nicest Trade Winds glass I've ever seen

I think the Tradewinds BG is a repro from the original "dirty dozen" run from the 90s.

Mike at the PPM will need help unloading those two trailers full of pins at the new warehouse,
He has a few days to get it done before the trailers are needed for their next job,
so if you want to volunteer, call Mike at the PPM (510) 769.1349
or contact d'Arci Bruno at [email protected]
http://pacificpinball.org/volunteers

#6993 7 years ago

My Trade Winds has a fairly decent backglass.

backglass (resized).jpgbackglass (resized).jpg

#6994 7 years ago

fireball is 99% done. need a 0-9 bell and clapper( help me if you can) i need to install the new plastics and put in the bg.
other then that it is up and playing and 0 issues so far.

001 (resized).jpg001 (resized).jpg

002 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg

003 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg

004 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg

005 (resized).jpg005 (resized).jpg

#6995 7 years ago

Just beautiful, Dave. Absolutely gorgeous.

#6996 7 years ago

20160819_170552 (resized).jpg20160819_170552 (resized).jpg20160822_210905 (resized).jpg20160822_210905 (resized).jpg20160822_210914 (resized).jpg20160822_210914 (resized).jpg20160822_210936 (resized).jpg20160822_210936 (resized).jpg

Here's a few of my Jacks Open that I recently finished. I was able to touch up the drop targets instead of having to replace them, they take a beating on this game.

Game was in very good shape, just needed a good cleanup and the usual mechanical work (steppers, bumpers, flippers, etc)

#6997 7 years ago

bally (resized).jpgbally (resized).jpg

Quoted from boilerman:fireball is 99% done. need a 0-9 bell and clapper( help me if you can) i need to install the new plastics and put in the bg.
other then that it is up and playing and 0 issues so far.

What's with the Williams coin blank?

Marcos offers this insert, looks great -
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-826-BALLY

#6998 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's a few of my Jacks Open that I recently finished. I was able to touch up the drop targets instead of having to replace them, they take a beating on this game.
Game was in very good shape, just needed a good cleanup and the usual mechanical work (steppers, bumpers, flippers, etc)

one of the nicest original JO pf i have seen...

Quoted from dasvis:

What's with the Williams coin blank?

it only had 2 coin slots when i got it. the 2nd coin and 3rd coin relays had some wiring done so i am guessing it came with 3 coin but was modded to only 2 at some time. at least they used the proper blank not just a piece of metal.

#6999 7 years ago

picked this up today, really clean game. cabinet super nice and white not yellow. pf needs to be cleaned and shopped looks like it will come up nice. the plastics behind the drops have two chips upper corner but a new repro set is pretty cheap. backglass is one of the nicest i have seen on this title. normally reds are bad and faded. this has two small spot that that are starting to lift but other than that it is nice and bright not faded
anyone local who might me interested let me know, i really don't have the room.
it was just to nice to pass up. it is one of the best multiplayers imo
otherwise it will be shoved into the never ending project pile...

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg

#7000 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

picked this up today

That's a cool cab stencil! I've played this but have never seen the side of it. Ha-ha!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 38.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.