IMG_9534.jpg
IMG_9537.jpg
IMG_9536.jpg
20240112_224157 (resized).jpg
20230522_161842 (resized).jpg
20230522_161836 (resized).jpg
20230522_154448 (resized).jpg
20230522_154506 (resized).jpg

There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 275.
#6751 7 years ago
Quoted from maltinej:

!!!!!!!!!! that surf champ looks awesome!!! my only pin so far is a Gottlieb Surfer in ok condition, but play it every day and love it!

While we're on the topic of Surf Champ, for those who hadn't caught the original thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-reel-clock-project

2f59d19175c6a85dc026d45ee02427afbbd6458e_(resized).jpg2f59d19175c6a85dc026d45ee02427afbbd6458e_(resized).jpg

#6752 7 years ago

FYI: Two wedgeheads is max capacity in a CRV.

IMG_20160726_145136580_(resized).jpgIMG_20160726_145136580_(resized).jpg

#6753 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

While we're on the topic of Surf Champ, for those who hadn't caught the original thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-reel-clock-project

WOW that just looks spectacularly awesome!

#6754 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

FYI: Two wedgeheads is max capacity in a CRV.

Do I see one wedgehead drivin' this CRV?

#6755 7 years ago

I've been called many other ___ head names. But never wedge head, that's a first.

#6756 7 years ago

Coming along

7090_(resized).jpeg7090_(resized).jpeg

IMG950382_(resized).jpgIMG950382_(resized).jpg

IMG_0391_(resized).jpgIMG_0391_(resized).jpg

#6757 7 years ago

I just wish those PBR post repros went not so stark white....

#6758 7 years ago

Got a Williams Gulfstream in the back of the van right now.
Backglass looks perfect, cab is nice, playfield is pretty worn. My first Williams EM, I figured it was time to try the pointy people and learn some new EM repair skills.

#6759 7 years ago

Gulfstream with Pointy People is a good game. I like mine. Nice backglass on that game is a bonus! Mine has a nice one.... Others that have seen mine have told me it's tough to find a really nice Gulfstream backglass. So you are lucky to get nice looking Pointy People.

#6760 7 years ago

I'm already starting to grow fond of the pointy people. I hope this isn't the start of something...

IMG_8452_(resized).JPGIMG_8452_(resized).JPG

#6761 7 years ago

Now you have to make a clock for this game too - the guy snoozing in the corner says "snooze alarm" LOL

#6762 7 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Now you have to make a clock for this game too - the guy snoozing in the corner says "snooze alarm" LOL

Darn pointy kids! Can't a man just relax?!

#6763 7 years ago

My GTB 1956 Auto Race finally arrived today & picked it up from the Port of Sydney. Once again Craters & Freighters did a terrific job on packing & crating-never the likelihood of damage despite the distance involved (Rhode Island US to Australia).

Machine is in pretty good condition particularly for its age & fired up straight away. It does however need a good shop & various cosmetic issues addressed.

I will post further pics when the machine is set up properly.

PBAR1_(resized).jpgPBAR1_(resized).jpg

PBAR3_(resized).jpgPBAR3_(resized).jpg

IMG_0306_(resized).JPGIMG_0306_(resized).JPG

IMG_0308_(resized).JPGIMG_0308_(resized).JPG

#6764 7 years ago

Nice looking machine. Very best of luck with it!
J

#6765 7 years ago

Love that '50's Gott cab art

#6766 7 years ago

Very nice looking original Wayne! And it's a racing theme to boot.

#6767 7 years ago

Very cool looking game Wayne, Congrats!

Tell us how it plays once you log on a few games.

Ken

#6768 7 years ago

Thks for the kind comments. Plays a bit sluggish/slow' Ken but a shop should resolve.

#6769 7 years ago

Really brings back memories of the Carolina Coast while I was growing up.The "New" Em's were all the rage but there were always a few woodrails back in the corner,usually with Coastal themes.Your machine is great,with a semi-modern flipper arrangement. There was an old beater at the Emerald Isle Pier much like this one but I can't be sure it was the same.Thanks for the pics,awesome machine!

#6770 7 years ago

My Target Alpha is finally working with lots of help from the true masters. The cosmetics I owe to Vid's Guide. Apron decal is on the way, and after that's done, I'll (maybe) redo the cabinet.

Target_Alpha_(resized).JPGTarget_Alpha_(resized).JPG

#6771 7 years ago

put my HtD back together, it has been folded up for quite some time

20160729_190655_(resized).jpg20160729_190655_(resized).jpg

20160729_190813_(resized).jpg20160729_190813_(resized).jpg

20160729_190822_(resized).jpg20160729_190822_(resized).jpg

20160729_190917_(resized).jpg20160729_190917_(resized).jpg

20160729_190825_(resized).jpg20160729_190825_(resized).jpg

20160729_190828_(resized).jpg20160729_190828_(resized).jpg

20160729_190942_(resized).jpg20160729_190942_(resized).jpg

20160729_191720_(resized).jpg20160729_191720_(resized).jpg

#6772 7 years ago

Is this a game you broke down and stored Dave because you were out of room and this was one you didn't want to sell?

#6773 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Is this a game you broke down and stored Dave because you were out of room and this was one you didn't want to sell?

yup.
I wish I had room to set up all my games. space is the worst part of this hobby..... never enough

#6774 7 years ago

I'm in the same boat. I have a pristine Bank a Ball and Pop a Card I'm thinking about selling but will probably regret it. I won't find another as nice as either of these.

#6775 7 years ago

Alright, I hadn't had the time to work on the machine much. I cleaned the score reels and it got running right away, pretty much error free. Lucky me, because the amount of relays in there is pretty impressive.
I really like the gameplay so far.
I'm not much of an LED guy, and I'm even pretty much against them for EMs, but those pop bumpers looked too cool and I had some green ones on hand so... I hope I don't anger the EM gods.

IMG_8477_(resized).JPGIMG_8477_(resized).JPG
IMG_8478_(resized).JPGIMG_8478_(resized).JPG
IMG_8479_(resized).JPGIMG_8479_(resized).JPG

#6776 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I'm in the same boat. I have a pristine Bank a Ball and Pop a Card I'm thinking about selling but will probably regret it. I won't find another as nice as either of these.

With the rising price of pinball, I'd say just keep them. That's what I'm doing, I'm not selling anything especially now. This pinflation is getting crazy. If I want another machine I save up for it and make some room.

Of course, my pipe dream one day is to open a museum, which warrants the hoard, but at the same time the value is getting too ridiculous to get them back for what I could sell them for as well.

#6777 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Alright, I hadn't had the time to work on the machine much. I cleaned the score reels and it got running right away, pretty much error free. Lucky me, because the amount of relays in there is pretty impressive.
I really like the gameplay so far.
I'm not much of an LED guy, and I'm even pretty much against them for EMs, but those pop bumpers looked too cool and I had some green ones on hand so... I hope I don't anger the EM gods.

gulf stream is hands down my favorite pointy people game. yours looks to be in very nice condition.

#6778 7 years ago

Ditto what boilerman says -My favorite pointy people game too. That is a very nice game you have. Playfield looks nice too. LED lights inside pops looks fine in your photo. An LED or two in the right places will not disturb karma.

#6779 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Dave, your HTD, looks amazing. Thanks so much for the plastics you sent me for mine. I love this game and thankful I was able to find one.

#6780 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Gottlieb's Wild Wild West also does similar things, you hit vari-targets to score points but they don't release and score points until you get them in the kickout hole connected to that particular vari-target unit, and this is also preserved between players so one player can steal your score if they get it in the kickout hole after you hit the vari-target but failed to grab your points from that same kick-out hole on your turn. This game has been on my list for quite a while now. They also made a very rare add-a-ball game called "Lariat" of this, but in my opinion it looks kind of goofy because they had to edit the art to accommodate the extra reels they added. Well done, just looks nicer on Wild Wild West in my opinion.

There was one for sale down here in Florida for $350. It looks like it finally sold. If it wasn't a 3+ hour drive out into the boonies, I would have bought it. I have enough machines to keep me busy though...

#6781 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Dave, your HTD, looks amazing. Thanks so much for the plastics you sent me for mine. I love this game and thankful I was able to find one.

always glad to help.
tell wade to get hot on that atlantis. after seeing the pictures of the final cut I am itching to do another swap!

#6782 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

tell wade to get hot on that atlantis. after seeing the pictures of the final cut I am itching to do another swap!

He's finished about 10 of them. They look amazing. Give him a call. He may have your done.

#6783 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Btw, is that playfield a NOS or just that great original? I sure would love to find one of those NOS I'm told are out there.

#6784 7 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Ditto what boilerman says -My favorite pointy people game too. That is a very nice game you have. Playfield looks nice too. LED lights inside pops looks fine in your photo. An LED or two in the right places will not disturb karma.

No, actually the playfield looks pretty crappy. I think someone did some bad green touchups around the numbers area and put some kind of varnish that yellowed, not even all over the place.
I just picked up the game because it was right next to work and pretty cheap, didn't think much of it and didn't have any intentions of restoring it, but now that I started playing it I'm not so sure anymore. Definitely like it more than I thought I would, I'll see how I feel about it in a couple of months.
I like the Gottliebs EM because they look so good but this one has cool art too in its own way.

#6785 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

No, actually the playfield looks pretty crappy. I think someone did some bad green touchups around the numbers area and put some kind of varnish that yellowed, not even all over the place.
I just picked up the game because it was right next to work and pretty cheap, didn't think much of it and didn't have any intentions of restoring it, but now that I started playing it I'm not so sure anymore. Definitely like it more than I thought I would, I'll see how I feel about it in a couple of months.
I like the Gottliebs EM because they look so good but this one has cool art too in its own way.

gulf stream is hard to find with a nice pf, you tell a great game by how rare it is to find the title with a nice pf.
try and find a eight ball deluxe with a nice pf.... pretty hard. IMO it was the best SS game made
if it was cheap no reason not to keep it for awhile give it a chance

#6786 7 years ago

Yep, for sure, it's not going anywhere unless I find some major deals nearby too soon.
There's also the problem that you're always hitting the same spot, it's a standup target so the ball will fly back a bit, and then you have all these big inserts right where the ball travels all the time, so I think it's a more wear-prone playfield to begin with.
Mine has 45k plays, and I have some machines with more plays than that with much less wear.

The weird varnish
IMG_8480_(resized).JPGIMG_8480_(resized).JPG

The crappy touchups which faded to white
IMG_8481_(resized).JPGIMG_8481_(resized).JPG

The crappy black touchups which smeared when I cleaned them
IMG_8482_(resized).JPGIMG_8482_(resized).JPG

#6787 7 years ago

Also,
there's a bridge rectifier in there and the flippers (and pop bumpers too, maybe?) are DC powered. Is that a mod or did they come like that?

#6788 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Also,
there's a bridge rectifier in there and the flippers (and pop bumpers too, maybe?) are DC powered. Is that a mod or did they come like that?

Williams pop-bumpers of that era are DC (and very fast, it's great), flippers should be AC IIRC but wouldn't be surprised if they were from the factory too

#6789 7 years ago

Actually the flippers may not be DC, I didn't fiddle much under the playfield since everything got running right away after I cleaned up the reels. I just noticed the rectifier and assumed it was for flippers as well.
Now that you mention it I did notice that the pop bumpers were super snappy, but the flippers feel pretty much regular so I would think your statement is correct.
There's also these huge 115V coils for the huge relay bank that drives the tic-tac-toe numbers in the middle of the playfield, which I'd never seen before.
Interesting machine for sure.

#6790 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

gulf stream is hands down my favorite pointy people game. yours looks to be in very nice condition.

For sure. "GS"/"Tropic Fun" are a great pair of games, even with the pointy people artwork. I'm starting to warm to some of those "pp" backglasses. This one is the best.

#6791 7 years ago

Just completed a resto of A GTB 1971 Roller Coaster. This is a machine I picked up last year from afar (1500kms each way). I played RC at the Sydney Pinball Expo in 2014 & decided it was a machine I liked.
This machine was cheap but non working & a host of issues not the least the cab repaint.

AAPballRCoaster3_(resized).jpgAAPballRCoaster3_(resized).jpg

canon1662016_018_(resized).JPGcanon1662016_018_(resized).JPG

AAPballRCoaster5_(resized).jpgAAPballRCoaster5_(resized).jpg

The machine had a score motor which regularly jammed; hacks which prevented a range of pf features; pf wear points; flaking bg; missing chime box & off/on switch & in a general neglected condition.
Machine has been restored to original condition & plays fast & powerful. I am waiting on a repro bg from bgresto.
I replaced the defective motor on the score motor from my parts bin. Interestingly I found it possible to remove and replace the score motor upper switch without the need to remove the switch stacks from their supporting frame-however this needed to be done carefully to avoid any unintended movement of switch settings.
Unfortunately the cab light webbing does not show up well in these pics.

canon010816_007_(resized).JPGcanon010816_007_(resized).JPG

canon010816_006_(resized).JPGcanon010816_006_(resized).JPG

canon010816_012_(resized).JPGcanon010816_012_(resized).JPG

canon29072016_009_(resized).JPGcanon29072016_009_(resized).JPG

canon010816_009_(resized).JPGcanon010816_009_(resized).JPG

canon010816_002_(resized).JPGcanon010816_002_(resized).JPG

Fully working coin mech have been included & a lid (missing) for the coin box fabricated.

canon010816_010_(resized).JPGcanon010816_010_(resized).JPG

canon010816_011_(resized).JPGcanon010816_011_(resized).JPG

canon010816_006_(resized).JPGcanon010816_006_(resized).JPG

canon010816_014_(resized).JPGcanon010816_014_(resized).JPG

#6792 7 years ago

Wow, what a difference after the re-paint. Great job Wayne.

#6793 7 years ago

Alot if people rate roller coaster low. I really like the game . The early 70s artwork is great in my opinion. Congrats on making this game new again

#6794 7 years ago

Amazing job Wayne. Thanks for sharing mate.

#6795 7 years ago

I had one and I must say the center flipper point circuit is one of the most elaborate circuits I have seen on an em.

#6796 7 years ago

Here is some pics of the Gottlieb Jungle I just finished. This game I picked up for $40 and it had been stored outside on the side of someone's house. (I need to remember to take more BEFORE pics). I did sink a few hundred into this one. Mainly on finding a good used backglass, and plastics. Other than that, I tried to use as much recycled parts as I could. The coin door was complete rust. Instead of buying a new one, I cleaned it as best as I could. The cabinet was a complete mess, especially the head. On this game I experimented with a different type of webbing that my buddy Wade and I thought might work. Here is what I did. I bought the Krylon black webbing and then let all the air out of the can. Then punctured a hole in the can and poured it into my "Harbor Freight special" paint gun. I turned the pressure down low and added a little lacquer thinner. Tested it on some cardboard and then shot the cabinet. It came out really good in my opinion.

IMG_7435_(resized).JPGIMG_7435_(resized).JPG

IMG_7433_(resized).JPGIMG_7433_(resized).JPG

#6797 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Here is some pics of the Gottlieb Jungle I just finished. This game I picked up for $40 and it had been stored outside on the side of someone's house. (I need to remember to take more BEFORE pics). I did sink a few hundred into this one. Mainly on finding a good used backglass, and plastics. Other than that, I tried to use as much recycled parts as I could. The coin door was complete rust. Instead of buying a new one, I cleaned it as best as I could. The cabinet was a complete mess, especially the head. On this game I experimented with a different type of webbing that my buddy Wade and I thought might work. Here is what I did. I bought the Krylon black webbing and then let all the air out of the can. Then punctured a hole in the can and poured it into my "Harbor Freight special" paint gun. I turned the pressure down low and added a little lacquer thinner. Tested it on some cardboard and then shot the cabinet. It came out really good in my opinion.

another saved from the junk pile. every time you restore one you get better. it is always good to start on these not so great games. when you find a great title you have worked out a method and your results are better.

#6798 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

another saved from the junk pile. every time you restore one you get better. it is always good to start on these not so great games. when you find a great title you have worked out a method and your results are better.

You are totally right. This one I gave (or let live at) to my Father in Law. He was super excited and respects the old EM's

#6799 7 years ago

Fun game (Wild Life/Jungle/Jungle King/Jungle Life) though, I definitely think it stands up as a good one and that it is not in the "not so great" at all. I know there's the whole "multiplayers are no fun!" club but they even made 2 wedgeheads out of this one it did so well.

Racking up the bonus all the way lights SPECIAL. Finally pulled it off on my Wild Life recently for the first time after owning for 7 months. That center pop bumper is just cool, too. Never seen something quite like it. It's like the ball is in the jungle. [QUICK EDIT: Obligatory "Do you know where you are?" ]

#6800 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Fun game (Wild Life/Jungle/Jungle King/Jungle Life) though, I definitely think it stands up as a good one and that it is not in the "not so great" at all. I know there's the whole "multiplayers are no fun!" club but they even made 2 wedgeheads out of this one it did so well.
Racking up the bonus all the way lights SPECIAL. Finally pulled it off on my Wild Life recently for the first time after owning for 7 months. That center pop bumper is just cool, too. Never seen something quite like it. It's like the ball is in the jungle. [QUICK EDIT: Obligatory "Do you know where you are?" ]

-there is a difference between great games and good games. (Wild Life/Jungle/Jungle King/Jungle Life) are far from great.
because you own one and like it doesn't make it great.
- what wedgeheads did they make out of these???? ("they even made 2 wedgeheads out of this one it did so well.")
-i don't think there is a "multiplayers are no fun club" i do think people like single players due to the better rules and game play that can be done only on the single players. with most people having limited space they choose to have single players over the multiplayers in some cases. some people like odin like the multiplayers more.
if room wasn't an issue i would have atleast a dozen multiplayers today. i have had many over they years and liked almost all of them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
12,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/136?hl=spider3582 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.