Topic Stats

• 12,215 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,014 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

kingpin (resized).jpg
IMG20200121104018 (resized).jpg
IMG20200121104030 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2020-01-24-13-52-02-37 (resized).png
100A2BB6-4BE2-41BE-A168-9588389325FA (resized).jpeg
E6A08719-CB64-4FBD-A875-C6BBF547BDF7 (resized).jpeg
02642177-AC5D-45C7-8CFD-389C8CA47B9B (resized).jpeg
696B8FC8-808A-438B-8553-7175F47BCFED (resized).jpeg
7C88DF76-923E-4B9A-BB0A-743377510F7F (resized).jpeg
20200123_172231 (resized).jpg
20200123_172219 (resized).jpg
E82288B3-510E-48C9-A913-281C5CBC2BAE (resized).jpeg
20200118_141337_resized (resized).jpg
D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg

There are 12215 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 245.
#6651 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Mostly EM's with a couple early Gottlieb System 1 thrown in for good measure. Added a couple games recently and not shown also moved some games around, but you get the idea...

Wow. Very diverse collection of ems. Looking good!

#6652 3 years ago

wishing I had my skyrocket out of storage last night.

skyrocker_bg_(resized).jpg

#6653 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

That's a pretty one!

#6654 3 years ago

Very attractive game. Pointy people, but one nice round tush!

#6655 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I have some footage of Skyrocket here (was my first FB Livecast on the 4th). Feel free to skip to the Skyrocket section at 13:00 or just let it roll for a tour of the status quo & my current workshop. Freedom prototype is in there too. I'll leave the link active for a few days...

https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.schell/videos/10153634911246806/?pnref=story

#6656 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

first FB Livecast

Hey, really enjoyed the broadcast despite some of the technical flubs,
hope the next NICO broadcast is soon
and archived to where we can all tune in,
as I do not do the facebook thing.

#6657 3 years ago

Picked this up tonight at a shop I and a few other guys share for arcade and pinball repair, from an arcade friend that passes any EMs he comes across to me since he can't fix them. Gave him $100 (our usual price) and I know that was quite a bit more than he paid.

Space Mission/Space Odyssey absolutely takes the cake for the pinball machine I see the most on Craigslist and eBay times 10 around here, like if there was a top 10 Space Mission/Space Odyssey would take the top 5 spots here on the East coast. I see at least 1-3 a month, it's weird.

Anyways, needs some simple rewiring and love (it's definitely a project) but I think it will turn out pretty nice. They made thousands upon thousands of both variants (11,652 Mission, 4,300 Odyssey), I guess that's why you see them so much. Kinda bummed it's something everybody has (hah) but I'll still fix it up and get it going and hope it's a keeper. Since they were so incredibly common and usually pretty cheap I kind of strayed away from ever wanting one and it kind of turned me off from owning one but this one found me so I'll just have to grow to love it. At least I like the art, and I love the moving target idea that is always looping back and forth and not triggered one direction by a hit like on my Mayfair which uses a cool moving target that travels from side to side based on being hit. Should be a fun player.

Came with original manual and other goodies too I think, I didn't check inside the magic envelope yet.

13590295_10206609885274340_6798130448363684406_n_(resized).jpg13438882_10206609885514346_1580232336066318782_n_(resized).jpg

#6658 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Space Mission/Space Odyssey absolutely takes the cake for the pinball machine I see the most on Craigslist and eBay times 10 around here, like if there was a top 10 Space Mission/Space Odyssey would take the top 5 spots here on the East coast. I see at least 1-3 a month, it's weird.

Williams sold over 15,000 units between the two so it's really not that surprising. Fun game to play. I always liked those swinging target machines, but for now I'm sticking with the short flipper variety.

#6659 3 years ago

They made that many because it was a GREAT game. Enjoy!

#6660 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Picked this up tonight at a shop I and a few other guys share for arcade and pinball repair, from an arcade friend that passes any EMs he comes across to me since he can't fix them. Gave him $100 (our usual price) and I know that was quite a bit more than he paid.
Anyways, needs some simple rewiring and love (it's definitely a project) but I think it will turn out pretty nice. They made thousands upon thousands of both variants (11,652 Mission, 4,300 Odyssey), I guess that's why you see them so much. Kinda bummed it's something everybody has (hah) but I'll still fix it up and get it going and hope it's a keeper. Since they were so incredibly common and usually pretty cheap I kind of strayed away from ever wanting one and it kind of turned me off from owning one but this one found me so I'll just have to grow to love it. At least I like the art, and I love the moving target idea that is always looping back and forth and not triggered one direction by a hit like on my Mayfair which uses a cool moving target that travels from side to side based on being hit. Should be a fun player.
Came with original manual and other goodies too I think, I didn't check inside the magic envelope yet.

I had three Space Missions pass through my hands and kept the really nice one out of the bunch in my collection for a while. It's a real good player with great artwork. I think you are going to enjoy having this one in your line up. Your playfield looks real good in the pictures. How's the cabinet condition and how many plays on the game meter? The top arch doesn't look too have to much wear.

#6661 3 years ago

I actually prefer Space Mission's widebody S/S cousin WMS Contact,
same basic layout with a few added features
(i.e. drop targets and extra pop bumper and 2nd set of flippers )
due to more real estate available.

Contact_PF_(resized).jpg

#6662 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Even has the cool blue bumper caps. I've seen red ones as well.

#6663 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I had three Space Missions pass through my hands and kept the really nice one out of the bunch in my collection for a while. It's a real good player with great artwork. I think you are going to enjoy having this one in your line up. Your playfield looks real good in the pictures. How's the cabinet condition and how many plays on the game meter? The top arch doesn't look too have to much wear.

Thanks, Vic! Cabinet looks really good (just dirty), but I haven't given it too close of an inspection yet. The "border" boards on the head starting falling off, so I had to take the glass in separate and store it somewhere safe for now. They were just stapled in, should be an easy fix with tiny nails or something for the sort and won't be seen easily. Could also probably use wood glue as they fit together like puzzle pieces and will probably do that instead unless anybody has a better idea. Less invasive and if I do it right it should be unable to be seen from any angle. Looks like they used a mix of wood glue and staples at the factory for those boards.

I'll check the game meter when I can. Has some major issues in the backbox with stuff missing / broken, but luckily there were so many made so finding parts should not be a problem even if they're not universal with other titles. Only like two relays (one missing, one cracked to shreds), and I think the tiny match unit they used is broken in half if I'm not mistaken. Took a look inside of the body before I bought it and there's a hack for the start button that I'll have to fix but other than that it looks complete and not too dirty thankfully. Coin door wiring is all cut up but luckily I won't need any of that (free play) and I can fix that after it is working just to make it right and complete.

Quoted from jrpinball:

Even has the cool blue bumper caps. I've seen red ones as well.

Yep! Space Mission used blue and Space Odyssey (two-player variant) used yellow, I found that to be interesting.

#6664 3 years ago

Picked this up today. Pretty nice playfield and backglass.

20160705_182800_(resized).jpg

19965_(resized).jpeg

#6665 3 years ago

Love those clowns! She's not half bad either.

#6666 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Love those clowns! She's not half bad either.

Creepy

#6667 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Picked this up today. Pretty nice playfield and backglass.

The cab paint is some "custom" deal. I have seen this posted before but what have you guys used to strip the repaint jobs?

#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Picked this up today.

Can we ask? Did you get the Gigi from another "pinhead",
or was it just some joe schmoe down the street
who wanted it out of his house.

#6669 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Can we ask? Did you get the Gigi from another "pinhead",
or was it just some joe schmoe down the street
who wanted it out of his house.

They were very nice Non-pinheads. Bought it ages ago for the grandkids who couldn't care less. Just wanted the space.

#6670 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

The cab paint is some "custom" deal. I have seen this posted before but what have you guys used to strip the repaint jobs?

If it's a certain kind of paint, Goof Off will do the job. I find it abrasive enough to take off the top coat of paint but (usually) leave the undercoat. Don't get the metal bottle variant though, it's in a metal bottle for a reason...

Some have found success with just alcohol and a rag if it's the right kind of paint, I think I used magic eraser once but then it gets all over your hands and dries again. PITA.

#6671 3 years ago

20160706_195513_(resized).jpg20160706_195506_(resized).jpg

Update on the JO cleanup, here's after the ME, alcohol and Novus 2, touchups just about done. Cleaned up nicely, but it was really good to start with. The touchups are minimal, just under the left hand bumper where for some reason someone ran a Phillips screw into the playfield. I still need to get that a bit better.

When I started the cleanup I was really happy to find the game has no ball groove in the upper arch at all. Just a small dimple where the rebound rubber sits. There was a trace there, but when I hit it with the ME, boom, gone.

#6672 3 years ago

Clicking this link was the best feeling in the world:

bh_(resized).png

#6673 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Update on the JO cleanup, here's after the ME, alcohol and Novus 2, touchups just about done. Cleaned up nicely, but it was really good to start with. The touchups are minimal, just under the left hand bumper where for some reason someone ran a Phillips screw into the playfield. I still need to get that a bit better.
When I started the cleanup I was really happy to find the game has no ball groove in the upper arch at all. Just a small dimple where the rebound rubber sits. There was a trace there, but when I hit it with the ME, boom, gone.

Gorgeous, EMsinKC! Nice work.

Quoted from SirScott:

Clicking this link was the best feeling in the world:

Congrats, Scott! Maybe don't mention that to your wife and kids, though. Ha-ha! Here's hoping it has an appropriate lockdown bar.

#6674 3 years ago

....Wiener dogs are always a good sign.

wiener_dog_(resized).JPG

#6675 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Congrats, Scott! Maybe don't mention that to your wife and kids, though. Ha-ha! Here's hoping it has an appropriate lockdown bar.

Shhh. I moved some shelves a bit deeper into the basement, and unless you look real carefully, it is hardly noticeable that there is an additional machine in the lineup.

#6676 3 years ago

Scott, the offer still stands, you can store as many 100% working games at my place as you want!

#6677 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Scott, the offer still stands, you can store as many 100% working games at my place as you want!

A selfless offer.

#6678 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

A selfless offer.

Free climate controlled storage isn't that bad of a deal for some guys. Probably better than paying for a storage unit.

#6679 3 years ago

Like I said!

#6680 3 years ago

I store games for friends all the time. I have stored about 8 or so games over the years. It works very well for all involved. I have been known in the past to swap out bulbs, re-rubber or strip and wax a game.

#6681 3 years ago

What can i say ryan, im a saint! But they have to be 100% working! No projects that i cant play!

#6682 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I store games for friends all the time. I have stored about 8 or so games over the years. It works very well for all involved. I have been known in the past to swap out bulbs, re-rubber or strip and wax a game.

Believe it or not, I've done the same. Just ribbin' amko, as I know he's a good dude.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

What can i say ryan, im a saint!

SirScott and I are both a lockdown bar richer as proof. (Good guy alert: Amko was a volunteer intermediary on a lockdown bar trade for us. Way. Cool.)

#6683 3 years ago

Heh heh. My own personal agenda. now you guys owe me for life! And i got to meet 2 new cool people so it all works out!

#6684 3 years ago

picked this up awhile ago, 1st EM & it was a dead machine & now fully working.

IMG_0931_(resized).JPG
IMG_0932_(resized).JPG
SAM_0795_(resized).JPG

Vid

#6685 3 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

1st EM & it was a dead machine & now fully working.

Such a great feeling, isn't it?

#6686 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Sure--*you* drag them out of the basement. I'll give you the garage code and let you know when I am out of town. Try not to scratch the walls.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

My own personal agenda. now you guys owe me for life!

I saw pictures of all those ginger-ale cans in your gameroom thread. I mean, those things don't show up on their own, do they? Now as far as Ryan owing you...

#6687 3 years ago

Hahaha good point. The slate is clean with you. I sure got drunk off of "ginger" ale!

#6688 3 years ago

I want at least one EM Williams. I like the pop up disk between the flippers

#6689 3 years ago

The eagle has landed.

DSCN4770_(resized).JPG

#6690 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The eagle has landed.

More wood than 7 in the morning in a town filled with men.

Nice selection! So it wasn't only a parts game?

#6691 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The eagle has landed.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

#6692 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The eagle has landed.

Is that going next to your Rocket?

#6694 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The eagle has landed.

i wish i was close enough to cherry pick at our buddies

#6695 3 years ago

Must be so nice to have a woodrail shop so close

#6696 3 years ago

boilerman, the ones you did look very nice! But I couldn't take them all. I think he's rather attached to those anyway.

I didn't know Satellite had a mirrored backglass and this machine looks simply stunning in person. I don't know if I will be able to top this one.

#6697 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Is that going next to your Rocket?

That will probably work.

But since I do have room in my truck for two, I took his xtra Darts too. Complete with an STP sticker on the drink shelf.

DSCN4774_(resized).JPG

#6698 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That will probably work.
But since I do have room in my truck for two, I took his xtra Darts too. Complete with an STP sticker on the drink shelf.

Dammit - where do you find all these cool old Williams pins with the drink shelf? Did they ship them all to CA?
You never see these here in Oregon.
Me want one.

Side note - if anyone needs a vintage STP sticker to restore a pin, I have several 100 in my collection.
Probably a Bardahl sticker too...

#6699 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Dammit - where do you find all these cool old Williams pins with the drink shelf? Did they ship them all to CA?

As far as I'm willing to drive these days. Magic Clock came from Oceanside, about an hour south. And Darts came from Beverly Hills, an hour north on a good day.

Quoted from dasvis:

Side note - if anyone needs a vintage STP sticker to restore a pin, I have several 100 in my collection.
Probably a Bardahl sticker too...

Um yes...

I remember back in grade school all the cool kids had STP stickers.. I had a very large one that somehow disappeared.

#6700 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Seriously, that Darts looks sweet! Never even knew that existed before right now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
There are 12215 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside