20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 275.
#6351 7 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

There is a Flying Carpet on EBay in Delaware. He started at 550 or B.O. now it's 350 or B.O. Pics are so dark it's hard to tell what it looks like but there is a good pic of the playfield that looks kinda good. I didn't see any broken plastics or loss of paint

i bet you could get it for 250..
i have a spare set of plastics for it if anyone is in need

#6352 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i bet you could get it for 250..
i have a spare set of plastics for it if anyone is in need

The Land O' Plenty is alive and well.

#6353 7 years ago

I kinda wanted a drop target game but at that price it has me thinking

#6354 7 years ago

Vic was right. This one's great! Thank you sir.

LL_(resized).jpgLL_(resized).jpg

#6355 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

o-din, how many games do you have? Pots some pics of your game-room(s)!

#6356 7 years ago

So I got my Flying Carpet from a friend of a friend. My buddy told me to call them, that they had a machine that was in their family for years and now its in a barn and they would sell it. So I did. Long story short...They had a huge sentimental attachment to this game, once we started talking and I told them that I'm a collector not a flipper, they said well we want you to have this game for free. I was like WOW!! really? You don't have to do that, but they insisted. My lucky day.

#6357 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

o-din, how many games do you have?

I've lost count.

#6358 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've lost count.

our buddy in the hills said you were catching up to him?

#6359 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

our buddy in the hills said you were catching up to him?

Last time I talked to him a couple days ago we both reallized we were in the same boat. Past max capacity. Then he asked do you want one of these Darts? Apparently he now has two.

#6360 7 years ago

I lost count of how many CD's and vinyl albums I have, but I do know damn well how many pinballs I own....

#6361 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Last time I talked to him a couple days ago we both reallized we were in the same boat. Past max capacity. Then he asked do you want one of these Darts? Apparently he now has two.

he grab the one on ebay. not sure why. i just sent him one?
i put quite a few games on darts while it was here. it is a good player. much better than bobo

#6362 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

he grab the one on ebay. not sure why. i just sent him one?

Probably because he could.

#6363 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Probably because he could.

you know you are right!

#6364 7 years ago

But am I right to keep going up there and never come home empty handed?

#6365 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But am I right to keep going up there and never come home empty handed?

everytime you go he has new stuff. you never know what you will find.

#6366 7 years ago

I tend to find my wallet empty is what I tend to find.

#6367 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's my Lady Luck I was fortunate to find in a home just 2 miles from my house.

Garage_Lady_Luck_side_view_P8280013_(resized).JPGGarage_Lady_Luck_side_view_P8280013_(resized).JPG

#6368 7 years ago

Canoga Park is quite a lot further from Orange County than a couple miles, but it was well worth the drive. I went at night anyway so it only took an hour each way. But during the day it would have taken much longer than that. LA traffic is rarely something I like to deal with.

#6369 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I tend to find my wallet empty is what I tend to find.

good one! i got a good laugh when i read that. it rings true

#6370 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Here's my Lady Luck I was fortunate to find in a home just 2 miles from my house.

Man, that's an old picture, Vic. A lot has changed since then.

#6371 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

o-din, how many games do you have? Pots some pics of your game-room(s)!

Yeah.
I think an O-Din pinball tour is in order!

#6372 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Yeah.
I think an O-Din pinball tour is in order!

+1. Show & tell

#6373 7 years ago

My newest find after a bit of a cleanup.

20160610_204301_(resized).jpg20160610_204301_(resized).jpg

20160610_204315_(resized).jpg20160610_204315_(resized).jpg

#6374 7 years ago

Looks to be in excellent condition. How many plays on the game meter? Any cabinet pictures?
Nice pick up!

#6375 7 years ago

Lots of plays, would have to check the meter but over 100k. The cabinet has problems, but I'm hoping to fix . Part of the bottom fell out at some point. They covered it with some scrap wood and wrapped the bottom and sides with a piece of sheet metal about 18 inches wide. I'm planning on pulling that off and fixing the bottom properly. Not sure what I will do with the nail holes in the sides.

#6376 7 years ago

Wow Owl,nice machine. I remember playing one of these at Disneyworld(?) back in the day.Looks cool in the dark.

#6377 7 years ago

So, any of you guys experts in early Williams woodrails?
I recently grabbed a couple of these rare beauties.

The first is a 1953 Williams ARMY NAVY. I saw this game folded and non working at Pinfest in Allentown a few weeks ago and the artwork just grabbed me. I love that it has clear acrylic goal posts at either end of the playfield that light up. Hitting the two pop bumpers will advance the ball insert either up or down the field in 10yd increments to score touchdowns as well as points. Aside from the thin acrylic rod crossbars, the game seems intact and the cabinet and glass are in very good shape. Just needs some playfield work and a lot of mechanical help.

20160507_224533_(resized).jpg20160507_224533_(resized).jpg

The second game is one that I've had my eye on for years and a local collector finally agreed to let me have it.
It's a 1954 Williams SKYWAY. A very rare bird and just a gorgeous Harry Williams/Goerge Molentin collaboration.
This one is in pretty great shape and mostly working. I just have to deal with a seized bonus unit, change out some pop-bumper parts and do a few minor touch-ups. I've already spoken to Steve at BGresto about capturing this rare glass and creating a new one.
I've been in love with this machine and it's fantastical space theme for years. It's a true honor to finally have it. It's a surprisingly fun player with a single impact flipper, lots of nudging action and a hidden kicker under the right plastic. The rollover lanes feed left to another shooter lane where an auto plunger kicks the ball back up top. Also a hidden kicker up top feeds a looped wireform that locks balls in a series of saucers on the right. The player has to try to move the ball through the series of saucers and eventually feed it back into the ball trough to be played again. Making/spotting all 8 lanes lights the middle 'mushroom' to advance bonus and the lit bonus is collected at the center saucer between the pops. There's a ton going on here! Can't wait to set it up.

20160610_221904_(resized).jpg20160610_221904_(resized).jpg

#6378 7 years ago

SkyWay looks a really intriguing game and very hard to find.

#6379 7 years ago

Cool, but.... just one left flipper bat? not cool...

#6380 7 years ago

Skyway is an awesome looking game. One of the first flipper machines to have a ramp.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

just one left flipper bat? not cool...

There really doesn't seem to be a place for another left flipper bat.

#6381 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Skyway is an awesome looking game. One of the first flipper machines to have a ramp.

.....Frees up your right hand to hold your beer and cigarette.

#6382 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

#6383 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Cool, but.... just one left flipper bat? not cool...

Yeah, you would think this game is pretty limited by the single flipper, but the hidden kicker on the right side is just as useful... and powerful!
You won't be using that right hand for drinking... it'll be nudging like hell to activate the kicker and those pops.
The game has a lot of action and surprisingly good ball times!
It's a lot more fun than it looks and you definitely won't be achieving a replay on every game.

#6384 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yup, I think Seven Sisters was the first. It had a Pinbot style spiral ramp. This one probably came soon after.

What's really cool is that Harry Williams re-purposed this exact wireform/kicker design in Stern Freefall almost 30 years later!

#6385 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Yup, I think Seven Sisters was the first. It had a Pinbot style spiral ramp. This one probably came soon after.

Nine Sisters. Yep that may be the first. Although there were ramps on flipperless games years before.

Looks like this one has only one right flipper bat.

9sister2_(resized).jpg9sister2_(resized).jpg

#6386 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nine Sisters. Yep that may be the first. Although there were ramps on flipperless games years before.
Looks like this one has only one right flipper bat.

Guess there really doesn't seem to be a place for another right flipper bat ?!

#6387 7 years ago

Woohoo! Two extra sisters

I played that game at Clay's a few weeks ago. Not a bad player but the 'ramp' was very much a novelty and it took me 3-4 games to even see it in action. The only positive is that one of the sisters gets spotted when you do land there.

I'm pretty sure it also had a slingshot kicker to the right of the flipper.

#6388 7 years ago

Someday the game room will be completed....

pin1_(resized).JPGpin1_(resized).JPG

pin2_(resized).JPGpin2_(resized).JPG

pin3_(resized).JPGpin3_(resized).JPG

pin4_(resized).JPGpin4_(resized).JPG

pin5_(resized).JPGpin5_(resized).JPG

#6389 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

The first is a 1953 Williams ARMY NAVY. I saw this game folded and non working at Pinfest in Allentown a few weeks ago and the artwork just grabbed me.

Your Army Navy looks pretty cool too. One of the few early games with score reels. Should be a lot of fun once you get them both up and running.

#6390 7 years ago

If you put the wedgeheads and Williams together you can fit a whole other game!

#6391 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Your Army Navy looks pretty cool too. One of the few early games with score reels. Should be a lot of fun once you get them both up and running.

Thanks. It's a beauty for sure. It was the very first score reel game to be introduced by Williams (only 3 reels are active). They did it for a few games and then reverted back to backglass/lamp scoring before bringing it back years later.

Sadly, the flippers are also impulse and they're linked, so that may reduce the fun a little, but I'm hopeful it'll still be fun.

#6392 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If you put the wedgeheads and Williams together you can fit a whole other game!

That is a cool effect.

#6393 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Thanks. It's a beauty for sure. It was the very first score reel game to be introduced by Williams (only 3 reels are active). They did it for a few games and then reverted back to backglass/lamp scoring before bringing it back years later.
Sadly, the flippers are also impulse and they're linked, so that may reduce the fun a little, but I'm hopeful it'll still be fun.

I have a Struggle Buggies with the early reels. They aren't much different than the reels both Williams and Gottlieb used a few years later when they became standard. Except no EOS switch for the relay. It was tricky to get them working right as the relay is wired in series with the number bank relays .

Impulse flippers are not that bad. It was Williams way of being able to run a higher powered coil than the other single wound flippers that first arrived on the scene. Mine have lots of kick. Plus you've got over 50 volts powering them.

#6394 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinjunkie16:

Someday the game room will be completed....

That is one fine collection.

#6395 7 years ago

Forgot to mention,
My Williams Skyway is missing the credit wheel/mech.
I'm sure getting a correct match isn't going to be easy, but if anyone here knows of one, please let me know.

I'm going to have Steve at BGresto recreate the missing credit window... but it would be nice to have an exact location marked on the glass before I send it off.

#6396 7 years ago

Thanks electricsquirrel
Fantasygoat, I have several reverse wedgeheads that will be filtered in. Unfortunately I am waaayyy behind on projects.
A tip to anyone doing an addition for a game room, double the expected space you think you need. "
If you build it, they will come"

#6397 7 years ago

I am really enjoying this game I might have to keep it, I'd keep everything though.20160613_204054_(resized).jpg20160613_204054_(resized).jpg20160612_164535_(resized).jpg20160612_164535_(resized).jpg

20160613_203940_(resized).jpg20160613_203940_(resized).jpg

#6398 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I'd keep everything though.

Does the Mustang get driven once and a while?

#6400 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Does the Mustang get driven once and a while?

I burned a couple tanks of gas in 2012 and started and moved it last year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Swansea, IL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.