20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 275.
#6301 7 years ago

Majorettes is fun. First played it at Arcade Expo in Banning. Clay also has one at the VFW. Shame they didn't make more of them... it's a good one. Nice find!

#6302 7 years ago

Thanks! It's never really been on my radar but I'm pretty excited. Nice art and a tough AAB from what I understand. I love a local find and I'm anticipating this to be a fun one.

This one was poorly repainted. At least in the right design (mostly). One chipped bumper cap. A little upper kickout wear. I pray the other piece is floating around in the lower cab as I don't think PBR carries these. Backglass is a little flaky. I will probably order a Webb glass at some point. It plays with no lower GI and very sluggish.

#6303 7 years ago

Alright Alex! The 'Mystery Spot Feature' is cool. That's a good looking game, congrats.

#6304 7 years ago

very nice score, majorettes is not an easy game to find. took me quite some time. mine is next up it needs a repaint bad.
i did score one today also very low play 22k el do. cab is a little yellow but is pretty nice almost no wear. looks like has no pf wear, pf a little dirty to be sure. back glass has some speckling but shay owes me a glass so this might be it.
a shout out to pinbee who place it in my lap.

20160604_133300_(resized).jpg20160604_133300_(resized).jpg
20160604_133323_(resized).jpg20160604_133323_(resized).jpg

#6305 7 years ago

Alex - nice find on the Majorettes. It is a challenging AAB game. FWIW, I changed out the lock bar for a mid 70's style bar to save your palms/hands. As for the caps I belive PBR has the slant top style but I would cut the chipped original deco ring away from the center cap on your game and install it to a new deco ring.

Dave - don't know if Shay has any more ED glasses. He claimed to have sold me his last one a few months ago.

#6306 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i did score one today also very low play 22k el do. cab is a little yellow but is pretty nice almost no wear. looks like has no pf wear, pf a little dirty to be sure. back glass has some speckling but shay owes me a glass so this might be it.

Nice score on the ED Dave. I'm sure it will turn out nice when you're done. I'm in the middle of one right now.

#6307 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Alex - nice find on the Majorettes. It is a challenging AAB game. FWIW, I changed out the lock bar for a mid 70's style bar to save your palms/hands. As for the caps I belive PBR has the slant top style but I would cut the chipped original deco ring away from the center cap on your game and install it to a new deco ring.
Dave - don't know if Shay has any more ED glasses. He claimed to have sold me his last one a few months ago.

thanks for the heads up, i'll email him to be sure before he comes back down.

Quoted from hoov:

Nice score on the ED Dave. I'm sure it will turn out nice when you're done. I'm in the middle of one right now.

dave the issue will be i will have one original and one restored... which one do i keep?
i have to decide the same thing when i am done with the sample atlantis.

#6308 7 years ago

Here is my latest score ... Not to many around from what I hear. Home use for 40 years ... I believe it will clean up very nice.

IMG_20160603_234211870_(resized).jpgIMG_20160603_234211870_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160603_234220490_(resized).jpgIMG_20160603_234220490_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160603_234059521_(resized).jpgIMG_20160603_234059521_(resized).jpg

#6309 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i did score one today also very low play 22k el do. cab

NICE pick up. I recently picked up a ED from Wade. Did you get it at a good price?

#6310 7 years ago

Picked this up today in a trade for my Satin Doll. Might make it my first cabinet resto.20160604_213824_resized_(resized).jpg20160604_213824_resized_(resized).jpg

#6311 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Here is my latest score ... Not to many around from what I hear. Home use for 40 years ... I believe it will clean up very nice.

Nice! Don't listen to those that say El Toro is not a good game. I don't think they they are talking about this one anyway. The day I got mine it became an instant keeper with no doubt it would be staying for the long haul. It's another top Williams two player from the 60s.

Congrats!

#6312 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

This one was poorly repainted.

lot better than mine, which somebody paint all black

#6313 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

lot better than mine, which somebody paint all black

I started cleaning it up yesterday. Definitely not perfect, but she's a real creampuff compared to my Hot Line. And I love that game.

MajorettesField.jpgMajorettesField.jpg

#6314 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I started cleaning it up yesterday. Definitely not perfect, but she's a real creampuff compared to my Hot Line. And I love that game.

very nice, most have more wear at the lower kickout then the upper. yours has no lower wear into the purple. and just a little up top.

#6315 7 years ago

Cleaned up nice!

#6316 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I was watching that one, Sellers name was "Cash"..Congrats,and you didn't have to drive far!

#6317 7 years ago

Picked up a King Of Diamonds today from a co workers neighbor, got a great deal and it looks like it will clean up, the only downside is someone removed the backbox animation levers.

20160605_142221_(resized).jpg20160605_142221_(resized).jpg

20160605_142206_(resized).jpg20160605_142206_(resized).jpg

#6318 7 years ago

Ach! Is the entire unit missing, or just the card flags? You can get replacement flags and the stickers at pbresource.com.

#6319 7 years ago

Bought a palm sander to sand down the front and top of the head on Vagabond as that was actually pretty awful for some reason, but yet the art on the sides of the cabinet (and head) was not. Weird. Anyways, it should clean up nice. Found some paint that matched decently to the original paint and I'm not being too picky on this restore so it'll do even though I don't think it's a perfect match. Can't wait to finally have it downstairs. I learned that setting stuff up when the cabinet isn't done/touched and "taking it down later to do it" ends up never ever happening so I'm nailing this one out before I even set it up in my ownership for the first time.

Anyways, I also got my (goofy) picture taken. "Paint me like one of your French girls"...

lolme_(resized).jpglolme_(resized).jpg

#6320 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ach! Is the entire unit missing, or just the card flags? You can get replacement flags and the stickers at pbresource.com.

It looks like they cut off the flat spots where the card flags are attached; I'm assuming they were not working properly.

#6321 7 years ago

Dropping a new pf in Mata this week. EM version

IMG_1362_(resized).JPGIMG_1362_(resized).JPG

IMG_1497_(resized).JPGIMG_1497_(resized).JPG

IMG_1458_(resized).JPGIMG_1458_(resized).JPG

#6322 7 years ago

Oh yeah... gotta have one of those eventually. It'll be a stunner.

#6323 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice! Don't listen to those that say El Toro is not a good game. I don't think they they are talking about this one anyway. The day I got mine it became an instant keeper with no doubt it would be staying for the long haul. It's another top Williams two player from the 60s.
Congrats!

Usually the Bally El Toro that gets trashed.

#6324 7 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Dropping a new pf in Mata this week. EM version

Looks nice! Only 170 made - haven't seen one in awhile.

#6325 7 years ago

Here's a few of my Jacks Open that I got last weekend. I've chased this game for several years, finally got this really nice example. Little to no wear on the playfield, just needs a cleanup and shop job. Needs new plastics which I've already made arrangements for. The backglass is one of the nicest original ones I've ever gotten, no flaking and little to no fading. Cab just has a few nicks, other than that it's in excellent condition. The drop targets have the usual lines from the ball hitting them but again, an easy fix. Just needs the steppers cleaned up and a few things fixed up and it will be ready for the lineup.

JO_backglass_(resized).jpgJO_backglass_(resized).jpgJO_cab_(resized).jpgJO_cab_(resized).jpgJO_detail_(resized).jpgJO_detail_(resized).jpg JO_playfield_(resized).jpgJO_playfield_(resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6326 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's a few of my Jacks Open that I got last weekend. I've chased this game for several years, finally got this really nice example. Little to no wear on the playfield, just needs a cleanup and shop job. Needs new plastics which I've already made arrangements for. The backglass is one of the nicest original ones I've ever gotten, no flaking and little to no fading. Cab just has a few nicks, other than that it's in excellent condition. The drop targets have the usual lines from the ball hitting them but again, an easy fix. Just needs the steppers cleaned up and a few things fixed up and it will be ready for the lineup.

Congrats on the nice example - these are tough to find in the condition you have because they got played a lot on location.

#6327 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Congrats on the nice example - these are tough to find in the condition you have because they got played a lot on location.

Thanks, Dave. I got lucky on this one. The game was released in early 1977, and the prior owner bought the game from an operator in December, 1979. They had it from that point on. It had 43k on the meter when they got it, has 69k on there now. Short time on location and only one owner since makes for a nice game. It has the usual ball swirls in the yellow but it's going to clean up really, really nicely. It's been sitting around for quite awhile, but it was always kept in a controlled environment, not in a barn or a garage or somewhere else, and obviously from the colors it was in the dark a lot. The previous owner did a nice job of protecting the game.

It had all the original documentation, both schematics, the supplemental coin chute schematic, the manual, and even the tube of white lube Gottlieb supplied with the game. I've never even seen that before. There's not a ton of it left, but it's still pliable. Obviously I'm not using it, just stored it away. Also had two coin roll pieces of paper I would assume that were left over from the operator, and all the instruction and replay cards were also there.

It will need the normal rebuilds but it's going to be a really, really nice one when it's done. Won't need a repaint or a new glass or anything like that.

#6328 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Thanks for the heads up; I checked out the site and see they do have the metal flags, which is what I need.

#6329 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The day I got mine it became an instant keeper

Do you happen to have the rule card? If so I would love to get a scan if possible.

Quoted from phil-lee:

Congrats,and you didn't have to drive far

Thanks .... Are You Local ??

#6330 7 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

Thanks for the heads up; I checked out the site and see they do have the metal flags, which is what I need.

They are attached with tiny rivets which should be included. Maybe Steve at PBR could suggest a suitable tool or the best way to secure the new rivets. I would use a very small drill bit to remove the old ones. If the bit is very sharp, you can probably just twirl it with your fingers to adequately remove the soft brass rivet.

#6331 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

very nice score, majorettes is not an easy game to find. took me quite some time. mine is next up it needs a repaint bad.

Wow! Nice "El Dorado" for sure!

#6332 7 years ago

With some parts help from a fellow Pinsider, I got my GTB World Fair up and running. I had to repaint the cabinet because someone else had tried (and failed) and it turned out nice. My first attempt at cab webbing and it was a success, in my opinion, subtle and whispy like the original. Backglass is in good shape, playfield is nice as well. Great implementation of the theme overall...which is rare for a game of this vintage--the ferris wheel imagery carries from the backglass to the pops to the spinning disc quite nicely. Fun game but I think i still perfer North Star...

20160606_211536_(resized).jpg20160606_211536_(resized).jpg

#6333 7 years ago

That's a hot little line-up!

#6334 7 years ago

Picked these up last night. A Snow Derby and Sittin' Pretty. DF found these and I am very happy to have them in the disco.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6335 7 years ago

Hitting those spinners on Snow Derby and advancing your snowmobile around the track is so satisfying - pure pinball nirvana

Great looking collection!

#6336 7 years ago

I picked this one up today......Not to bad of shape. Playfield looks great. Owner couldnt remember where or how he got this machine, but said he's had it about 40 years.

IMG_6521_(resized).JPGIMG_6521_(resized).JPG

IMG_2026_(resized).JPGIMG_2026_(resized).JPG

IMG_0111_(resized).JPGIMG_0111_(resized).JPG

#6337 7 years ago

Congrats!

Flying Carpet is a fun game which to me was made that way when I installed the Orange Dot Flipper Coils which in turn gave the zip needed to get the Pop Bumpers to do their job to hit the mid level targets. Even after rebuilding the Flippers the regular coils were just not enough and made the game tedious and unfair to the player IMO. Your Playfield looks really nice and once you geta paint job it will look great. Love the colors and artwork on the game too. A few pics of mine before I sold it:

Gottlieb_Flying_Carpet_Finished_011_(resized).JPGGottlieb_Flying_Carpet_Finished_011_(resized).JPG
Gottlieb_Flying_Carpet_Finished_002_(resized).JPGGottlieb_Flying_Carpet_Finished_002_(resized).JPG

Gottlieb_Flying_Carpet_Finished_005_(resized).JPGGottlieb_Flying_Carpet_Finished_005_(resized).JPG

#6338 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Do you happen to have the rule card? If so I would love to get a scan if possible.

Yeah, I've got it. PM me your e-mail and I will scan it later.

I could sure use the rule cards for Arrow Head and Struggle Buggies. Wish me luck!

#6339 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Orange Dot Flipper Coils

I've used the Orange Dot coils on a few of my games....Makes a world of difference. Thanks

#6340 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I picked this one up today...

You are lucky as most Flying Carpets that i have seen (including mine) have flaky BGs

#6341 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

You are lucky as most Flying Carpets that i have seen (including mine) have flaky BGs

There is one spot in the corner that has bubbled up....Do you think I should use clear packing tape on it so it doesn't flake off? I know that's not a popular solution

#6342 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I've used the Orange Dot coils on a few of my games....Makes a world of difference. Thanks

It really does, I put orange dots in my King kool (all four flippers) & you can really make the spinners sing. Played a King kool w/o orange dots at the PNW show last weekend & it was not nearly as fun.

#6343 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

It really does, I put orange dots in my King kool (all four flippers) & you can really make the spinners sing. Played a King kool w/o orange dots at the PNW show last weekend & it was not nearly as fun.

I should have done that with my king kool when I had it

#6344 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I picked this one up today......Not to bad of shape. Playfield looks great. Owner couldnt remember where or how he got this machine, but said he's had it about 40 years.

I really like the patina on your Cab.Yet the Play Field looks sweet.Something about that Pin screams vintage!

#6345 7 years ago

gottlieb sheriff..bought to put in the queue for a ground up restore next spring..

great playfield, mechanically complete (less chimes)..

will buy backglass repro glass and pinball rescue are working on the art for the plastics.

will need a heap of work and a heap of coin but will make her shine again.

so wont be able to start for about 6 months as there are still other games to finish but will start to gather what is needed.

20160609_175057_(resized).jpg20160609_175057_(resized).jpg

#6346 7 years ago

One of my 3 Dimensions

FB_IMG_1464954724114_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1464954724114_(resized).jpg

#6347 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Boilerman, don't you already have an ED? I would love one! Just sayin.

#6348 7 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Boilerman, don't you already have an ED? I would love one! Just sayin.

I sure do

DSC_0451_(resized).JPGDSC_0451_(resized).JPG

DSC_0449_(resized).jpgDSC_0449_(resized).jpg

#6349 7 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

One of my 3 Dimensions

Pinball in 3D!

#6350 7 years ago

There is a Flying Carpet on EBay in Delaware. He started at 550 or B.O. now it's 350 or B.O. Pics are so dark it's hard to tell what it looks like but there is a good pic of the playfield that looks kinda good. I didn't see any broken plastics or loss of paint

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/127?hl=spider3582 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.