20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 275.
#6251 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You don't really notice the clown after a while. And drop targets every where.

Is this the one that was in Cape May, NJ?

#6252 7 years ago

I think it was.

#6253 7 years ago

Where did you get it from?

#6254 7 years ago

A friend of mine not far away.

#6255 7 years ago

IMG_1368_(resized).JPGIMG_1368_(resized).JPGIMG_1367_(resized).JPGIMG_1367_(resized).JPGIMG_1366_(resized).jpgIMG_1366_(resized).jpgIMG_1365_(resized).jpgIMG_1365_(resized).jpgIMG_1364_(resized).jpgIMG_1364_(resized).jpgIMG_1362_(resized).JPGIMG_1362_(resized).JPGIMG_1363_(resized).jpgIMG_1363_(resized).jpgIMG_1361_(resized).JPGIMG_1361_(resized).JPG

My Unofficial Restore Thread. This one cleaned up well with Coleman Fuel and Bar Keepers Friend,followed by 3 coats of carnauba.I hand cleaned the posts and plastics,leaving just enough nicotine haze for the relic effect.All important parts were cleaned,adjusted,replaced,with new Pop parts and yellow dot coil rebuild.I re-assembled the head after the PO dropped it over in a trailer, back glass sealed with triple thick.So many Members here came to my aid I couldn't have done this without them,and of course Pinball Resources sent some great parts,including new short legs(this one is for a child).

#6256 7 years ago

I set this, kinda rare EM gem, up last week.
Think I got it from some dentist in Arizona off of ebay about 12 years ago.

After sitting for so long it took about a dozen games to
start playing properly. The more games I played on it
the more features started working and scoring.
With EMs it is always best that one let the game clean itself up
and shake the dust off, before one goes poking around and adjusting things
possibly before it really needs it.
Then you might want (need) to clean up and lube up and adjust some of the stepper units.
After fiddling with it for a couple of hours, I got it working about 98%.
The AS relay (FS) (00-90 unit) still is a little finicky and the alternating relay
does not always alternate some of the feature lights yet,
but at least it plays a fair game now.

IMG_0300_(resized).JPGIMG_0300_(resized).JPG
IMG_0303_(resized).JPGIMG_0303_(resized).JPG

#6257 7 years ago

I took Quick Draw to my students' band party yesterday and they played it for three hours straight. It was such a huge hit. One kid said "I would actually go to arcades if they had games again!" Lol

IMG_20160520_173546172_(resized).jpgIMG_20160520_173546172_(resized).jpg

#6258 7 years ago

Just added a Wedge Head: King Pin

king_pin_003_(resized).JPGking_pin_003_(resized).JPG

king_pin_005_(resized).JPGking_pin_005_(resized).JPG

#6259 7 years ago

Picked up a Williams Big Daddy a few weeks ago and got it running. What a fun game.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6260 7 years ago
Quoted from frb:

What a fun game.

It can be.

One of the house favorites around here. Especially if you like a challenge.

Looks like somebody moved your outlane post a bit.

#6261 7 years ago

Couldn't help but notice what's off to the right, too So jealous of your stored away (and not stored away) collection!

#6262 7 years ago

Not what I was expecting...

The art is in really nice original shape. At least I don't have to worry about that sander...

What's next, Goo Gone?

For the actual painted parts (front of head, top of head) might just try plain alcohol to start.

Sheesh, some people. At least it offered a nice layer of protection, it had definitely been there for quite a while.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6263 7 years ago

I am hoping that under all that green paint on my Star Jet
are some nice intact graphics. Heck the Cabinet artwork on Star Jet is
half of what makes this game so endearing.

#6264 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

The art is in really nice original shape. At least I don't have to worry about that sander...
What's next, Goo Gone?
For the actual painted parts (front of head, top of head) might just try plain alcohol to start.
Sheesh, some people. At least it offered a nice layer of protection, it had definitely been there for quite a while.

Did the game have side rails or did you remove them? You might need a very strong solvent to remove that adhesive residue. I don't think alcohol will cut it. Whatever you use, be outdoors and wear protective gear; gloves, respirator and safety goggles. I've found that a good method is to lay folded rags over an area, and soak the rags with the solvent. Let them sit for a while, and periodically check to see how much the adhesive has softened. When it's soft enough, use a plastic scraper to remove the bulk of it, then wipe off as much as you can with the solvent soaked rags. I stripped a cabinet once with "Goof Off", and afterward I felt like it took several months off my life!

#6265 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Is that residue tacky or dry? At any rate, where the side rails will cover is a good area to experiment with removal methods. Heat gun may work, or the usual list of solvents, from least toxic on up. Might be tricky to keep out of the paint with the stronger solvents. Google glues for Formica and their removal.

#6266 7 years ago

Pics of my williams sky lab. New reproduction back glass was just ordered.

1463928291794_(resized).jpg1463928291794_(resized).jpg

20160521_173136_(resized).jpg20160521_173136_(resized).jpg

20160521_173143_(resized).jpg20160521_173143_(resized).jpg

#6267 7 years ago
Quoted from Dano0:

Pics of my williams sky lab. New reproduction back glass was just ordered.

Once you get the new Backglass that game will be sweet.

#6268 7 years ago

Nice theme! This one could 'round it out'.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#6269 7 years ago

Need a small part here or there but playing 100%. My wife kicked my ass first game w/ 10 laps against my dinky 3 laps! Not bad for a CL $100 pickup

#6270 7 years ago

Wow that was a deal! Nice. And your significant other plays? Can't beat that.

#6271 7 years ago

Williams made some nice two players games in the late 1960's and Pit Stop is one of them. Nice find....

#6272 7 years ago

You have it outside?

#6273 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

You have it outside?

If he's like me, after the initial clean-up, he couldn't wait for it to be moved inside before playing it!

#6275 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveBuckholts:

If he's like me, after the initial clean-up, he couldn't wait for it to be moved inside before playing it!

It was too dirty at first for me to clean it inside

#6276 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

It was too dirty at first for me to clean it inside

I did the first round of cleaning of my JQ while it was still in the back of my truck! 40 years of beer, nicotine and who knows what was a nasty first cleaning!

#6277 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Williams made some nice two players games in the late 1960's and Pit Stop is one of them. Nice find....

Let me guess Vic, the other is Lady Luck.

#6278 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Not bad for a CL $100 pickup

You paid a lot less than I did, but when I first played Pit Stop, I knew I had to have it. I think I've got my money's worth by now. It gets played a lot.

#6279 7 years ago

Enjoying the week alone here in NJ, getting a lot done.

Printed out my own instruction cards for the machines that were missing them (and used the exact ones I wanted), and did some rooting around in the back of my Spin-A-Card to adjust the old 3-ball scores to match. I don't know if I'm just really good at this game or if it just generally brings higher scores but I used the second-highest replay score card and definitely feel comfortable with that.

Also, here's some progress on the Vagabond. Ended up having to use plastic-bottle Goof Off (metal bottle would probably be too strong; I let it sit) and a lot of elbow grease and scraping. Used Magic Eraser and alcohol to make the whites a little less yellow from the glue. The black paint on the head started easily coming off with magic eraser and alcohol however just alcohol would probably do too.

Purple must have been the weakest color as the combination first made it start to un-fade as (I suppose) the top coats started coming off which was nice, then it started getting some white coming through. I'll probably tape off the colors and go over them with new paint, at least the white will be original and nice. I haven't gotten the coin door off yet so haven't peeled off the front yet.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Here's the other side, for a "before" comparison:

#6280 7 years ago

Thanks for the great response from the Members here on the Spin A Card! To answer a few questions;
1. Yes,what you are seeing is real, no planking anywhere on this 69000 play machine.The original color was a shade or two lighter Blue but I didn't want the invasive paint/clear coat removal magic erasers bring.
2. There is some wear North of each Hole that needs attention.I finally located the right color in an oil enamel and after a 3-part application over a period of time I intend to install custom mylar over these high use areas.
3.You have an eagle eye spotting stealth Comet LED bulbs in the coin taker slots as well as under "Special" lights.
4. The problematic Spin Unit was gelled shut with old grease but after cleaning and a faint application of Dow Corning 1292 Teflon Grease she plays perfect.
5.The Red/White ball rebound rubber is just something I like to use to spruce up the area,I am not the creator of this combination. I do intend to put it on every machine I restore.
Again,thanks to everyone who contacted me, great machine!IMG_1365_(resized).jpgIMG_1365_(resized).jpg

#6281 7 years ago

Gotta love needing to do a tweak and going into a schematics folder I've never opened for this thing that came with the machine and finding all of the original paperwork and even bookkeeping totals over the years. Also have the bookkeeping note for my Wild Life after ibuypinballs found it quite a while after the sale in his files and brought it to Pinfest for me. Great guy. Both machines came from him, cool to see this one has the little pamphlet of dates and play count too.

Also has a mint original copy of the coin circuitry schmatics, they came seperate apparently.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6282 7 years ago

Going with a space / sci fi theme on this wall. Circa 1971/2 Outer Space , Astro, Dimension .

#6283 7 years ago

Good choices - looks nice!

#6284 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Going with a space / sci fi theme on this wall. Circa 1971/2 Outer Space , Astro, Dimension .

Awesome lineup. I LOVE Outer Space.

#6285 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Circa 1971/2 Outer Space , Astro, Dimension

WOW!! this is a cool line up. Great games

#6286 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sea Ray is one of the first pinball machines I remember playing when it was new. That game always had a good crowd around it. It had a look about it that stood out from the rest. Even though I'm a two inch flipper guy now I wouldn't mind finding one. Congrats!

Wow, same experience here... when I was 13 we frequented a bowling alley near our home - that's when I started playing pins ... this place always featured WMS/Ballys exclusively... pins like BOWL-O, Solids N Stripes, Sea Ray, Old Chicago I can remember for sure... and you're right on... the Sea Ray game always seemed to have a crowd of players/watchers around it.

#6287 7 years ago

Here is a few pic's of my restoration

#6288 7 years ago

Here's a few before's

#6289 7 years ago
Quoted from Doggy:

Here's a few before's

she is so beautiful.

do you mind if i asked about how you did the cab? are there stencils available for lawman/sheriff? the reason for asking is i just bought a major project which has an awesome playfield but painted cab (and hammered backglass but will buy backglass repro)

P1020387_(resized).JPGP1020387_(resized).JPG

#6290 7 years ago
Quoted from Doggy:

Here's a few before's

looks great. i did one a while back the bg and pf were mint but the cab was worse than yours.
i wonder how these cabs get so bad when the pf looks so good?

#6291 7 years ago
Quoted from Doggy:

Here is a few pic's of my restoration

Seeing your machine makes me want to do a cabinet re-paint.I like the originality thing but I also like the clean lines of that Sheriff.

#6292 7 years ago

Here's a video I just completed for my band Damn The Luck, which features three of my Gottlieb EMs:

#6293 7 years ago

Here's a video I just completed for my band Damn The Luck, which features three of my Gottlieb EMs:
» YouTube video

The bouncing ball was distracting, really wanted to see the gameplay.

#6294 7 years ago

Man you have no idea how much time I spent bouncing that ball

#6295 7 years ago

In my googles this,morning, i found a game manufacturer bill port pinballs. Looks like a few titles produced. Curious if anyone has ever seen one or know production numbers, or if they are decent games or not

#6296 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

» YouTube video

As one who likes to make videos, I really appreciate the excellent effort. Great job!
J

#6297 7 years ago

I like that song!

#6298 7 years ago

Thank you guys!
I did improve my editing skills a whole lot while making this, but I'm sure there were probably some much easier ways to do some of the things I did.
Video editing also tests the limit of an old laptop computer like mine - you really need a powerful machine to work easily and be able to preview stuff and not have to export all the time.

I definitely had the EM fans in mind, which is why I ended up cutting out the DMD shots, except for the FT cameo at the beginning.

#6299 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I definitely had the EM fans in mind, which is why I ended up cutting out the DMD shots

You definitely earned street cred going that route

#6300 7 years ago

I'm back in the game. The Wedge Head game that is. It's been awhile. Just bought this at an Estate sale locally this morning. I'm giddy. It should be fun.

Majorettes.jpgMajorettes.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 49.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.98
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/126?hl=davebuckholts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.