Enough clowning around.
Today (it's 4 AM for a reason...) after I got home I finished up my Domino for Allentown by cleaning and waxing the playfield, cleaned all of the plastics (the original lane plastics came all the way off and got a thorough cleaning, they look brand new and you can see the bulb filament through them they're so clean), brand new rubbers, and started replacing burned out bulbs and ended up replacing 90% of the bulbs instead with brand new nice shiny #47 bulbs since there was an odd mix in there (bunch of different numbers, not original) and since I was in some tight places that needed partial disassembly changing some bulbs, I figured I might as well change the rest in those areas too while I'm there especially since they're going to be on for hours on end for 2 or 3 days. Every single bulb behind the backglass (controlled lights included) was pulled and replaced with brand new #47 bulbs to keep heat down, besides my flashers I installed prior of course. Also fixed an issue with the bonus unit. Did leave the whatever was there under the domino advance line (besides one burned out bulb), looked nice, along with several inserts that simply didn't need it and did want to keep some original bulbs in there for old times' sake but definitely wanted 47's under all of the playfield plastics and even if I didn't, the brand new 47 bulbs were too bright compared to the older bulbs (which were dimming from age at varied levels, but not sockets, some burnt their glass which made it even more dull looking) and the old bulbs didn't show off the art as much. Went through and tested every single bulb and socket in the machine manually with a jumper wire. Looks great, this thing is evolving from being a nice player to a thing of beauty! Didn't think it could get much better but wow the little things make a huge difference! Wanted to make sure everything was completely dried up before playing and it was also too late to play a game tonight so I hope to get some good game time in myself tomorrow, should play like an absolute dream! Then tomorrow night it is getting disassembled and brought back home with me to PA (my games stay in New Jersey) and then off to Allentown in less than two weeks now! Oh, and also replaced LED lights (they were that cold blueish color, must be older LEDs) somebody put in the ball-in-play lights with brand new incandescent bulbs. I'd understand a bit more if they were hard to reach, but they're not... Hmm. Being very particular on this tune-up. Got a bit of wax on my brand new bulbs under these same plastics and pulled each one (again) and water-then-Windex'd (water to get surface junk off, also I didn't pull them right away so I used a damp corner of a rag on them then just decided to pull them when that wasn't cutting it) the hell out of the glass parts. Turned out more beautiful than before.