Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 243.
#6051 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Classy Bowler didn't last long? I hear it's a great player.

It is a great player and I had it for a while. Still doesn't top Frontiersman (not many can). Now all my bowling games are gone.

But with two spots opened up, I am now free to go shopping at the EM and woodrail superstore. Word has it there is a nice Arrow Head ready to go. Among others....

#6052 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

A big Thanks to hoov and Alex for passing these up and o-din for selling them to me.
Finally got a Williams King Pin back in my lineup for good.
Ken

Congrats, Ken... that's a huge score there.

I had a friend come over recently because he had never played a King Pin.

It immediately went on his want list.

#6053 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

the EM and woodrail superstore.

"Pinball buying made easy"

IMG_3425_(resized).JPG

#6054 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"Pinball buying made easy"

IMG_3425_(resized).JPG

don?

#6055 3 years ago

Who else?

#6056 3 years ago

that is a good one. we were just talking about it the other day

#6057 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that is a good one.

The Arrow Head? I like the looks of that Struggle Buggies sitting next to it too. He will need a place to put BoBo.

#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Arrow Head? I like the looks of that Struggle Buggies sitting next to it too. He will need a place to put BoBo.

Struggle Buggies, score reels before there were score reels. really cool looker. i never played it so i can't speak on game play.

did you say bobo?

20160416_164227_(resized).jpg

#6059 3 years ago

Pinball wouldn't be pinball without a few clowns. Looking good!

#6060 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinball wouldn't be pinball without a few clowns. Looking good!

pinside em pinball group is full of CLOWNS

#6061 3 years ago

Prepping my pride and joy for Pinfest, day 1. Got the glass back in (garage games get their backglasses taken out for the winter months, although this is basically the last one in there since I've dedicated this room to arcade machines and downstairs to pinball but this is my "show" game and it's easier to move in there and also fits really well up there, if I'm having an arcade kind of day I still want to be able to pop onto Domino), also fixed an issue with the 10 point bell. Never knew the match unit on these ran off of 10 points. My 10 points hits the 0-9 unit bell while my 1 point hits the regular bell. Looks factory too, I guess that's how it is on this game. It's so much more common to get 10 points than 1, so I guess it makes sense of why they did this, so operators wouldn't rip both out right away...

Had the garage door wide open too. Beautiful beautiful day outside, best all year so far I think.

dominootaku2_(resized).jpg

#6062 3 years ago

Those two clowns remind me of other clowns.

download_(1)_(resized).jpg

#6063 3 years ago

I wonder if these are made out of "plastikote".

th_(resized).jpg

#6064 3 years ago

I avoid machine with Clowns.Now,that's all I have to say.

#6065 3 years ago

Only the wealthy can afford them.

#6066 3 years ago

Pinball machines with a clown theme are hard machines to sell. Took me awhile to sell Big Top.

#6067 3 years ago

Ok you guys are probably sick of me but I just finished my El Dorado today. This thing was kinda beat. New backglass, plastics, drop targets coin door, shopped the payfield and new legs. So yeah, I've sunk some money into this one. But it's worth it. I'm leaving the cabinet alone. It's in pretty good shape, a few nicks here and there. I rebuilt the flippers and used orange dot Gottlieb coils only on the bottom 2. It plays really fast and smooth. Wish I had a new Wade playfield for it. Love this game and it's going to stay in my house for a long time.

IMG_6964_2_(resized).JPG

IMG_6963_(resized).JPG

#6068 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Pinball machines with a clown theme are hard machines to sell.

They ain't selling. Meanwhile it is big trouble in little China.

DSCN4402_(resized).JPG

#6069 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Pinball machines with a clown theme are hard machines to sell. Took me awhile to sell Big Top.

There are some exceptions

Possibly my favorite 60's game. I certainly miss mine.

image-20.jpg

#6070 3 years ago

Now there's a happy clown.

#6071 3 years ago

If you roll into Dodge City prepare to take the bull by the horns.

DSCN4403_(resized).JPG

#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ok you guys are probably sick of me but I just finished my El Dorado today. This thing was kinda beat. New backglass, plastics, drop targets coin door, shopped the payfield and new legs. So yeah, I've sunk some money into this one. But it's worth it. I'm leaving the cabinet alone. It's in pretty good shape, a few nicks here and there. I rebuilt the flippers and used orange dot Gottlieb coils only on the bottom 2. It plays really fast and smooth. Wish I had a new Wade playfield for it. Love this game and it's going to stay in my house for a long time.

IMG_6964_2_(resized).JPGIMG_6963_(resized).JPG

Great looking pin, but ditch the LED's on the playfield!

#6073 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Great looking pin, but ditch the LED's in the playfield!

Dorado has a warm color scheme. You'll get more colors to pop if you use regular filament bulbs in GI locations and warm white LED's under the inserts, pops, and backglass. But everyone likes what they like... so if an all-cool white lighting scheme is your thing, rock on. Nice work on the game.

#6074 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

IMG_6964_2_(resized).JPGIMG_6963_(resized).JPG

A beautiful game -- well worth that investment (I did the same on my Atlantis, but was also forced to do a full repaint and kept my backglass) -- and it's a keeper as you said for many years to come. Congratulations on a gorgeous El Dorado! Love it!

#6075 3 years ago

"I want to reach out and grab you"

Abra_4-17-16_040_(resized).JPG

Abra_4-17-16_044_(resized).JPG

Abra_4-17-16_049_(resized).JPG

#6076 3 years ago

So I cleaned and waxed the playfield on my Jungle Queen. Put all new rubbers on everything, new 47 bulbs and a new shiney ball. Now this thing is alive! Plays way better, faster and the ball spin is treacherous. I love it! I forgot to take pics. I was excited to see the difference in playability and then couldn't stop....

#6077 3 years ago

Clowns are kinda creepy...

#6078 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

"I want to reach out and grab you"

Abra_4-17-16_040_(resized).JPGAbra_4-17-16_044_(resized).JPGAbra_4-17-16_049_(resized).JPG

Good game to grab!

Abra_Ca_Dabra_001_(resized).JPG

#6079 3 years ago

This is my wife Jan and I at Dreamland in Margate UK. Dreamland is a restored 1950s era amusement park on the South Coast of England. They have a retro arcade with a good selection of EM games.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#6080 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

(Joker Voice) Hummmm.......Sounds like a bad childhood experience.........speaking of which.........Wanna know how I got my scars???

Joker_mask_off_(resized).jpg

#6081 3 years ago

jokers4_(resized).jpg

#6082 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

(Jack's voice) You just need to relax...................you worry too much.............

the-joker-jack-nicholson_(resized).jpg

#6083 3 years ago

do-you-wanna-know-how-i-got-these-scars_(resized).jpg

#6084 3 years ago

download_(resized).jpg

#6085 3 years ago

Seems to me like these clowns are happy and mean no harm and the girls seem Very Excited to see them.

#6086 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Seems to me like these clowns are happy and mean no harm and the girls seem Very Excited to see them.

gtb_jumpingjack2s_(resized).jpg

Nice alt art!

#6087 3 years ago

No bad experiences. They're just creepy.

#6088 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

gtb_jumpingjack2s_(resized).jpg

I want to buy that backglass!@!@!

#6089 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I want to buy that backglass!@!@!

bgresto.com

They will sell it to you.

#6090 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

bgresto.com
They will sell it to you.

They will also sell you the alternate glass for this clown. But I say leave it be.

big_deal_1_(resized).jpg

#6091 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#6092 3 years ago

Coulrophobia- the "in" thing!

#6093 3 years ago

This thread has morphed into "Show us your EM Clowns"

#6094 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This thread has morphed into "Show us your EM Clowns"

Yeah, how about no more clowning around?

#6095 3 years ago

Clown thread?

kaneda_(resized).jpg

Just kidding.

I Googled "pinball clowns" and found this.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1114&picno=16306

Dear god, it's like "IT" with red eyes. That is terrifying. "Happy Clown" seems a bit cheery.

happyclown_(resized).jpg

#6096 3 years ago

Tough crowd here.

Screwball_(resized).jpg

#6097 3 years ago

Sorry.
They might be nice machines, but I HATE CLOWNS!!!!

clown_(resized).png

#6098 3 years ago

As a surfer I hate these clowns

SUP_clown_(resized).jpg

#6099 3 years ago

Enough clowning around.

Today (it's 4 AM for a reason...) after I got home I finished up my Domino for Allentown by cleaning and waxing the playfield, cleaned all of the plastics (the original lane plastics came all the way off and got a thorough cleaning, they look brand new and you can see the bulb filament through them they're so clean), brand new rubbers, and started replacing burned out bulbs and ended up replacing 90% of the bulbs instead with brand new nice shiny #47 bulbs since there was an odd mix in there (bunch of different numbers, not original) and since I was in some tight places that needed partial disassembly changing some bulbs, I figured I might as well change the rest in those areas too while I'm there especially since they're going to be on for hours on end for 2 or 3 days. Every single bulb behind the backglass (controlled lights included) was pulled and replaced with brand new #47 bulbs to keep heat down, besides my flashers I installed prior of course. Also fixed an issue with the bonus unit. Did leave the whatever was there under the domino advance line (besides one burned out bulb), looked nice, along with several inserts that simply didn't need it and did want to keep some original bulbs in there for old times' sake but definitely wanted 47's under all of the playfield plastics and even if I didn't, the brand new 47 bulbs were too bright compared to the older bulbs (which were dimming from age at varied levels, but not sockets, some burnt their glass which made it even more dull looking) and the old bulbs didn't show off the art as much. Went through and tested every single bulb and socket in the machine manually with a jumper wire. Looks great, this thing is evolving from being a nice player to a thing of beauty! Didn't think it could get much better but wow the little things make a huge difference! Wanted to make sure everything was completely dried up before playing and it was also too late to play a game tonight so I hope to get some good game time in myself tomorrow, should play like an absolute dream! Then tomorrow night it is getting disassembled and brought back home with me to PA (my games stay in New Jersey) and then off to Allentown in less than two weeks now! Oh, and also replaced LED lights (they were that cold blueish color, must be older LEDs) somebody put in the ball-in-play lights with brand new incandescent bulbs. I'd understand a bit more if they were hard to reach, but they're not... Hmm. Being very particular on this tune-up. Got a bit of wax on my brand new bulbs under these same plastics and pulled each one (again) and water-then-Windex'd (water to get surface junk off, also I didn't pull them right away so I used a damp corner of a rag on them then just decided to pull them when that wasn't cutting it) the hell out of the glass parts. Turned out more beautiful than before.

dominootaku4_(resized).jpg
dominootaku3_(resized).jpg

#6100 3 years ago

Out of three Skill Pools came one, and now to my standards it is done. It plays like greased lightning and it is fun! What an amazing pinball game it is.

DSCN4433_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside