20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 275.
#6001 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveBuckholts:

It is one of his kits. Really nice and complete with the decal. I'm uncertain of using the cleaner/wax and then being able to apply a carnuba wax afterwards because the cleaner/wax contains petroleum distillates..??

Next time you can contact him and ask if he'll leave the stuff out of the kit for a small rebate.

#6002 8 years ago
Quoted from Diamondbed96:

Im buying a Jungle this Saturday. The guy says it works and in great shape. I'll post the pics when I get it home. He wascasking $700 for it but will take $550 for it. Im hoping its a fair price lol.

FWIW I paid $230~ (bought in a 3-game lot, did the math) for my fully working nice condition Gottlieb Wild Life, which is the 2 player version of Gottlieb's Jungle and arguably the two player games are more desirable than the 4-player games. I'd say mine was definitely a "deal" price for what I got and I did quite good on it but nothing overly spectacular for title. I think it was fair, wouldn't want to underpay to a Pinsider either, he was a great seller who I will likely buy games from in the future. $550 seems high but I guess that's retail. $700 is 110% ridiculous unless that thing is absolutely mint with like 100 plays on it.

I think you might have overpaid but I think it's a really fun game so hopefully you love it too. Even if you have to sell it at a loss at least you got a fun game and you just paid for that fun, and you'll get like a little more than half back if you ever want to sell it.

#6003 8 years ago

I'm uncertain of using the cleaner/wax and then being able to apply a carnuba wax afterwards because the cleaner/wax contains petroleum distillates..??

That shouldn't be an issue by the time you go to apply wax. The distillates should be evaporated by then.

#6004 8 years ago

It is one of his kits. Really nice and complete with the decal. I'm uncertain of using the cleaner/wax and then being able to apply a carnuba wax afterwards because the cleaner/wax contains petroleum distillates..??

The carnauba is going to have distillates in it too. Pure carnauba is hard as a brick and they're used to soften it.

#6005 8 years ago

Here is some progress on my Jungle pin. This is the game I picked up for $40. I just got it running this past weekend but still has some minor adjustments to finish.....like cleaning all those score reels. I cleaned only player one and adjust the contacts on all the others just so I could get the game running. I still need to redo the cabinet coin door etc... I've been trying to use parts that are still good that Ive replaced from some of my other games. Like the posts, came off of an old game but I cleaned them and painted them with glossy white and i think they turned out just fine. Not trying to sink to much money into this game because I am giving it to my father in law. I did spent some money on a used backglass and some plastics I got from another pinsider.

jungle1_(resized).jpgjungle1_(resized).jpg

IMG_6948_(resized).JPGIMG_6948_(resized).JPG

IMG_6950_(resized).JPGIMG_6950_(resized).JPG

#6006 8 years ago

hehe.... loved that BG art!

#6007 8 years ago

I wish i would have taken more Before picture to show what a basketcase this playfield was. It have broken plastics held together by scotch tape. The person I got this from had it stored outside on a patio. But I'm really happy with the way its turning out and the game play.

#6008 8 years ago

That Jungle looks awesome. PF looks real nice. Is the apron original? Nice job!!

#6009 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

That shouldn't be an issue by the time you go to apply wax. The distillates should be evaporated by then.

Quoted from EMsInKC:

The carnauba is going to have distillates in it too. Pure carnauba is hard as a brick and they're used to soften it.

Thank you two for easing my mind.

#6010 8 years ago

Is the apron original?

Yes it is. It just took a little cleaning. Its still has most of the webbing on the apron too

#6011 8 years ago

All wax has some sort of solvents in it to make the wax soft enough to apply. Those solvents are petroleum distillates. Look up the MSDS of your favorite wax and you'll see them in there.
I found that out the hard way early in my pin career when I used some Johnsons paste wax and it smeared/dissolved the keyhole lines that I had gone over with a sharpie.
Petroleum based solvents in wax and the fact that "100% carnauba" wax is no where near 100% carnauba have to be the biggest misunderstandings about wax. It demonstrates how good the marketing is from these companies.
Wax Police out.

#6012 8 years ago

Owning the 2-player version, it really weirds me out seeing the big 4 player head on that title. I only realized that they did that recently (different head sizes, 4-player is significantly taller) and before thought it was just the slight age difference between my 4-player Magnotron and my 2-player Wild Life. Kind of wish they all had the same head sizes, I wonder why they had to make it bigger. The back of the 2-player game seems so empty, surprised they couldn't fit all of that in there.

Yet another reason 2-player games should be more collectible, I suppose. I wish the heads all lined nicely!

#6013 8 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

All wax has some sort of solvents in it to make the wax soft enough to apply. Those solvents are petroleum distillates. Look up the MSDS of your favorite wax and you'll see them in there.
I found that out the hard way early in my pin career when I used some Johnsons paste wax and it smeared/dissolved the keyhole lines that I had gone over with a sharpie.
Petroleum based solvents in wax and the fact that "100% carnauba" wax is no where near 100% carnauba have to be the biggest misunderstandings about wax. It demonstrates how good the marketing is from these companies.
Wax Police out.

Oddly, I use Mother's Pure Carnauba Wax with no cleaners on playfields where I've done Sharpie touch ups and Acrylic touch ups because it doesn't seem to affect those areas like other waxes do. Never had a problem with it in that regard.

#6014 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Here is some progress on my Jungle pin. This is the game I picked up for $40. I just got it running this past weekend but still has some minor adjustments to finish.....like cleaning all those score reels. I cleaned only player one and adjust the contacts on all the others just so I could get the game running. I still need to redo the cabinet coin door etc... I've been trying to use parts that are still good that Ive replaced from some of my other games. Like the posts, came off of an old game but I cleaned them and painted them with glossy white and i think they turned out just fine. Not trying to sink to much money into this game because I am giving it to my father in law. I did spent some money on a used backglass and some plastics I got from another pinsider.

jungle1_(resized).jpgIMG_6948_(resized).JPGIMG_6950_(resized).JPG

Obviously that's a different backglass. It's funny how that one seems to fade easily and uniformly with the red area turning almost white.

#6015 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

hehe.... loved that BG art!

That makes two of you.

#6016 8 years ago

Speaking of backglasses, I'm not sure this is how I'd package one that has to travel halfway around the world.

But, we'll see!

DSCN4380_(resized).JPGDSCN4380_(resized).JPG

#6017 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Speaking of backglasses, I'm not sure this is how I'd package one that has to travel halfway around the world.
But, we'll see!

Good lord! Was it still in one piece?

#6018 8 years ago

Oh, he done good! Thank goodness for plexiglass!

DSCN4383_(resized).JPGDSCN4383_(resized).JPG

#6019 8 years ago

Sweeeet!

#6020 8 years ago

Nice! But how is the translucency/opacity?

#6021 8 years ago

Jim Dandy! And the colors really pop. They knew what they were doing back in the day. I've got another export glass on Fashion Show and you can't tell, except that it looks almost brand new.

#6022 8 years ago

Niiiiice!

#6023 8 years ago

It may not be as translucent as the first one .

DSCN4380_(resized).JPGDSCN4380_(resized).JPG

#6024 8 years ago

I would take an export plexi glass any day. I have had a few gottliebs over the years. they always look great and hold up great. never any lifting, a few rub marks that's it.

#6025 8 years ago

50+ years later there really aren't that many options when it come to Skill Pool backglass. And for 100 English pounds shipped I think I did OK. They weren't selling the Magic Bus.

#6026 8 years ago

i think its case by case but the take away is for people to be aware that these waxes have petroleum in them. it may be inconsequential if you're never going to do touch ups but if you are or plan on having your playfield cleared, it's good to know.
mothers pure Brazilian carnauba is at least 25% "paraffinic, napthenic" solvent according to the MSDS. from what I've seen that's the typical solvent used and it is from petroleum.

#6027 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But, we'll see!

DSCN4380_(resized).JPG

Packing a pinball score glass for shipment requires some steps to insure it doesn’t break in shipment. Below is a run down of how we do it. We’ve found this method works the best.

http://bgresto.com/?page_id=777

#6028 8 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

if you are or plan on having your playfield cleared

I wouldn't do it. Mostly because I don't like it, but as vid has pointed out, if Millwax (a stuff I use) has ever been on a playfield, and I guarantee that many if not most EM playfields have seen it, then Auto Clear will not properly stick.

Leave the auto clear for the DMD boys, or do whatever you like with your machine, but i won't be buying it and probably won''t want to play it.

#6029 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I would take an export plexi glass any day.

I'm curious. What other machines had the backglass made in plexi glass for export?
And where would you look to buy one?

#6030 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't do it. Mostly because I don't like it, but as vid has pointed out, if Millwax (a stuff I use) has ever been on a playfield, and I guarantee that many if not most EM playfields have seen it, then Auto Clear will not properly stick.
Leave the auto clear for the DMD boys, or do whatever you like with your machine, but i won't be buying it and probably won''t want to play it.

I know it's not the place but please humor a pin newbie. Would all the same methods apply for filling chips and doing touch up on an em pf if you won't be clear coating? Fill, sand, paint but just wax over? I thought I heard if you do waterslide decals on replacement inserts it had to be cleared over?

#6031 8 years ago
Quoted from Zarklin:

I know it's not the place but please humor a pin newbie. Would all the same methods apply for filling chips and doing touch up on an em pf if you won't be clear coating? Fill, sand, paint but just wax over? I thought I heard if you do waterslide decals on replacement inserts it had to be cleared over?

I don't go to extremes like some do. I try to find a decent example to fix and play. I'll pop out the inserts and level them the best I can. If the playfield only has minor wear I leave it as that is it's history. Once it's in our hands it will never suffer the neglect or wear that the last 50 years put on it.

If it is seriously worn though, I'd say do whatever you can to make it better instead of sending it to the dumpster.

#6032 8 years ago

I don't know what to tell you about this one though. Some are better left to the experts. I just want to play it!

DSCN4384_(resized).JPGDSCN4384_(resized).JPG

#6033 8 years ago

I can live with this one just the way it is. Many hours of elbo grease is all I've got for this $75 machine. Put it back together and on to the next one. Three coats of wax and it won't wear any more.

DSCN4385_(resized).JPGDSCN4385_(resized).JPG

#6034 8 years ago

So I should probably put my OCD to bed for this then..... Posts were pretty rusted so I popped them out to clean up. But despite my best effort.....

20160413_222231_(resized).jpg20160413_222231_(resized).jpg

#6035 8 years ago

Looks better than my playfield. They aren't new you know. But if you've got the time somebody's got the beer. Speaking of which, it's time to go play. If I spent too much time on one then the other 30 might feel neglected. See ya!

#6036 8 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

I'm curious. What other machines had the backglass made in plexi glass for export?
And where would you look to buy one?

all mfg. used Plexi on exports. as far where to find them, state side they pop up from time to time.
or you can look across the pond and get one like odin.

#6037 8 years ago

And packaged to stand the trip.

#6038 8 years ago

yep, that's my point.

#6039 8 years ago

King Pin and Classy Bowler are on their way to Texas and I got something done this morning.

DSCN4390_(resized).JPGDSCN4390_(resized).JPG

#6040 8 years ago

Looks so nice..........

#6041 8 years ago

I can't wait to see it lit up. I need to finish putting it back together first though. It started as a $75 parts game, but I made it work and decided it was a keeper. Then I found a better cabinet that had a burned playfield. And this glass from England. It's all coming together now.

#6042 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

King Pin and Classy Bowler are on their way to Texas and I got something done this morning.

DSCN4390_(resized).JPG

That's a beaut!

#6043 8 years ago

We do some crazy things in this hobby. Has anybody else paid $300 to ship a $100 game? Well since the ad is still up, that's what I did with the intent of using the cabinet and sending this glass to BGresto. Finding the glass I have now was just a fluke. So about $600 total in this game and to me it is well worth it. And I have some parts leftover.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32063

#6044 8 years ago
#6045 8 years ago

"Evidence of wear and commercial operation" I could have sworn that one was HUO.

#6046 8 years ago

I seriously bought it for parts. But all I had to do was adjust a flipper and it was pretty much plug and play. And we played the heck out of it before I got further enthused.

#6047 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A big Thanks to hoov and Alex for passing these up and o-din for selling them to me.

Finally got a Williams King Pin back in my lineup for good.

Ken

#6048 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

A big Thanks to hoov and Alex for passing these up and o-din for selling them to me.
Finally got a Williams King Pin back in my lineup for good.
Ken

Enjoy Ken!

I'll continue my quest for a King Pin (o-din's Skill Pool would be nice too) - minus shipping of course.

#6049 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

DSCN4390_(resized).JPG

Classy Bowler didn't last long? I hear it's a great player.

#6050 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Classy Bowler didn't last long? I hear it's a great player.

I guess I will find out as I will be the one going through it and test playing it when it arrives although it is my friends game, he took Classy Bowler and I took King Pin.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
£ 37.00
$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 38.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/121?hl=zarklin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.