Topic Stats

• 12,021 posts
  • 676 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,878 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN3084 (resized).JPG
DSCN3083 (resized).JPG
DSCN3077 (resized).JPG
DSCN3076 (resized).JPG
DSCN3074 (resized).JPG
d6a6035452bd11a2e1f02cce96aae62a53e69c2d (resized).jpg
cbfcc45c0da70b32e108426ba83e130e32b70cdc (resized).jpg
RoyalFlushC (resized).jpg
RoyalFlushB (resized).jpg
RoyalFlushA (resized).jpg
20190921_155621 (resized).jpg
20190921_155631 (resized).jpg
20190921_155954 (resized).jpg
20190921_155606 (resized).jpg
20190921_155614 (resized).jpg
speedrush (resized).jpg

There are 12021 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 241.
#5751 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Bally screened in house, gottlieb and the others contracted out the work. they must of had a better process or better material.

That explains a lot.

#5752 3 years ago

Count in "Flip Flop" among others.

My flip flop BG is perfect!

#5753 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Williams "Blue Chip"...

always had a soft spot for this pin theme,
in that the BG covers part of my career path
as a chemist and working in the oil field.

#5754 3 years ago

"Blue Chip" looks great. Fantastic job! As Steve would say "Another one saved"!

#5755 3 years ago

20160203_233026_(resized).jpg

#5756 3 years ago

Really nice, hope my Atlantis will look just as nice one day.

#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Really nice, hope my Atlantis will look just as nice one day.

Mine too!

Ken

#5758 3 years ago

Here's my current lineup. The ACD and Atlantis are original but touched up. The Top Card and Royal Guard are restored.

My Williams St games are restored (Ding Dong) and original (River Boat)

The rest are currently stored or undergoing restoration. 20160227_155704_(resized).jpg20160227_155656_(resized).jpg

#5759 3 years ago

Nice line up

#5760 3 years ago

Hey EMsinKC, can you please post more pic's of that Riverboat? How would you rate Riverboat's gameplay?

#5761 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Hey EMsinKC, can you please post more pic's of that Riverboat? How would you rate Riverboat's gameplay?

I'll take a few more of it.

I think it's a great player. Many of the reverse wedgeheads were. Lots of ways to light up a special, not an easy game by any means.

If you want a fast game like the later DC Williams games, or SS/DMD games, you'll be disappointed. If you want a game that shows what pinball was, you won't.

#5762 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's my current lineup. The ACD and Atlantis are original but touched up. The Top Card and Royal Guard are restored.

Great lineup!

Ken

#5763 3 years ago

Here is the current gameroom lineup. I have a few more EMs in the garage to be repaired or restored. Just picked up a Paul Bunyan too!

20160301_200403_(resized).jpg

20160301_200503_(resized).jpg

#5764 3 years ago

Hello EM guys!!!

So, I played a WWII Pacific theater EM game at HAAG in Houston back in 2013. Anyone know the name of that game? Any other cool WWII themed EM machines that any of you know about?

Thanks in advance. This is a very friendly and helpful thread by the way. You EM guys are awesome!

#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any other cool WWII themed EM machines that any of you know about?

Don't know how cool this is. It won't be cool at all if you don't like flipperless:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Air Force / EM Flipperless 1 Player
Year: 1941
Production: Unknown
Cost: $150 OBO
Link/Contact: altoona.craigslist.org link

Condition: No Pics! Must be pretty rare - there are no pics of playfield on IPDB. OP: "Works"

And I don't know how it would have been called Air Force in 1941 since the U.S. Air Force wasn't founded until September 18, 1947. Serendipity?

#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Here is the current gameroom lineup. I have a few more EMs in the garage to be repaired or restored. Just picked up a Paul Bunyan too!

20160301_200403_(resized).jpg20160301_200503_(resized).jpg

Great looking collection and game-room. We have similar tastes in EMs as I too have an Atlantis, Target Alpha and Quick Draw (and soon possibly a 2001). Wish I also had a C37 and ABCD like yours! Did you put the playfield protector on your Atlantis? Curious your experience with it.

#5767 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

The rest are currently stored or undergoing restoration. 20160227_155704_(resized).jpg20160227_155656_(resized).jpg

Great collection! I regret selling my Top Card recently, but it should make way for a 2001.

#5768 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hello EM guys!!!
So, I played a WWII Pacific theater EM game at HAAG in Houston back in 2013. Anyone know the name of that game? Any other cool WWII themed EM machines that any of you know about?
Thanks in advance. This is a very friendly and helpful thread by the way. You EM guys are awesome!

Are you talking about the Zaccaria Combat? It was the 2013 EM tournament machine at HAAG.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3609

Marcus

#5769 3 years ago

Here is a beautiful Gottlieb for sale, locally.

$_27BIGSHOT_(resized).jpg

That cabinet has a fantastic shine to it, and the decals on the coin door are a new must have, for the EM Modder.

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Here is a beautiful Gottlieb for sale, locally.
$_27BIGSHOT_(resized).jpg
That cabinet has a fantastic shine to it, and the decals on the coin door are a new must have, for the EM Modder.

#5771 3 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Are you talking about the Zaccaria Combat? It was the 2013 EM tournament machine at HAAG.

Hmm, that doesn't look like the game I remember, but perhaps the 30 months that have passed have warped my memory.

#5772 3 years ago

A friend from Ca just acquired a couple beauties. Wagon Train and King Pin.

DSCN4250_(resized).jpg

DSCN4254_(resized).jpg

DSCN4255_(resized).jpg

#5773 3 years ago

Nice Wagon Train 'friend from CA'! I just picked up mine and really like it. Haven't lit up both feathers yet. Seems like that might be tough to do for me.

#5774 3 years ago

I typically do not like roto target games, but with this model I like the fact that you get
two roto targets to shoot for, as opposed to just one.

#5775 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

DSCN4250_(resized).jpgDSCN4254_(resized).jpgDSCN4255_(resized).jpg

I really wish Odin would come back online and talk about the games himself.

#5776 3 years ago

I'm with you. It will probably be a few weeks.

#5777 3 years ago

I think he has got about 20 more days in the hole
to cool his heels, unfortunately.
Rock on O-din

#5778 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I really wish Odin would come back online and talk about the games himself.

Quoted from AlexF:

I'm with you. It will probably be a few weeks.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

I think he has got about 20 more days in the hole
to cool his heels, unfortunately.
Rock on O-din

Yea, a couple more weeks playing his Williams King Pin and he will notice more and more how it does not fit his Woodrail theme and will want to move it along to his Texas pal in the near future for safe keeping when he visits.

Ken

#5779 3 years ago

I've been a lurker on this thread for a while. Finally got inspired to post after EMsInKC pulled out his Ding Dong. I've got one too, it was my first pin. A family hand me down.

I've also got a Smarty the add a ball version. That's getting its cabinet restored at the moment. We'll see how that goes, and then I'll tackle Ding Dong. I like how hard it can be to hit the center horseshoe. I swear I can hit it no problem, right up until it lights up.

And if your immature like me, the Ding Dong jokes never get old. I know all my friends love playing with my Ding Dong!

IMG_20160307_230445_(resized).jpg

#5780 3 years ago

My Bally Alley, Zipper Flipper edition

Bally Alley

Marcus

#5781 3 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

I've been a lurker on this thread for a while. Finally got inspired to post after EMsInKC pulled out his Ding Dong. I've got one too, it was my first pin. A family hand me down.
I've also got a Smarty the add a ball version. That's getting its cabinet restored at the moment. We'll see how that goes, and then I'll tackle Ding Dong. I like how hard it can be to hit the center horseshoe. I swear I can hit it no problem, right up until it lights up.
And if your immature like me, the Ding Dong jokes never get old. I know all my friends love playing with my Ding Dong!

IMG_20160307_230445_(resized).jpg

Love to have that Target pool sitting over there in the corner.........it looks to be repainted?

#5782 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Love to have that Target pool sitting over there in the corner.........it looks to be repainted?

Yes, not by me and not correctly. Just picked it up and got it working last month actually. It's very fun to play. It will get a new coat of paint in the late spring.

#5783 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

you can always have mine

#5784 3 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My Bally Alley, Zipper Flipper edition

Nice! I would add any of those classic Bally's to my collection!

#5785 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

you can always have mine

You're too far and I'll probably end up getting a project some day but thanks for the offer. I've had one but miss it.

#5786 3 years ago

Just finished the restoration of this '74 Magnotron I picked up from Schudel a while back.

Though I usually don't like EM's without drop targets this one is alright. It a shooter's machine all about scoring and collecting the bonus. Solid "B / B-"

WP_20160308_12_12_12_Pro_(resized).jpg

#5787 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

DSCN4250_(resized).jpgDSCN4254_(resized).jpgDSCN4255_(resized).jpg

Don't know about Wagon Train, I've never played one.

But I DO know about King Pin, w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l game.

#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Just finished the restoration of this '74 Magnotron I picked up from Schudel a while back.
Though I usually don't like EM's without drop targets this one is alright. It a shooter's machine all about scoring and collecting the bonus. Solid "B / B-"

Very nice work and looks to be a nice example of the game to start with.

#5789 3 years ago
Quoted from Vinnypin:

Beautiful restorations Stevens... absolutely gorgeous!
I'm more of an SS/DMD guy, but I've gotten my hands dirty on a few EM's over the past two years... I'm keeping this Old Chicago, (love the theme and Deco artwork) This will be my first cabinet restoration, when I get around to it. The game has otherwise been cleaned and fixed with one tiny modification (I added a light under the top rollover).
DSC07229.JPG DSC07232.JPG DSC06422.JPG DSC06425.JPG DSC06426.JPG

Very nice!

#5790 3 years ago

The Bally Sea Ray that I traded for last weekend is now ready to play!

Playfield cleaned with magic erase and simple green.

New white rubbers added. New pinball life PerfectPlay green flipper rubbers added.

Switches, relays and steppers adjusted and cleaned as needed.

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Marcus

#5791 3 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Bally Sea Ray

Nice PF
shame nearly all of these SeaRay's have BGs
with same issues with the red/orange diving suits.

#5792 3 years ago

This game probably hadn't run in years upon years (it was so locked up), bought it as the "ugly duckling" in a lot from pinsider ibuypinballs here (great great guy to deal with) mainly so I could grab the other two games (knowing I would keep this though, I'm a keeper not a seller), I was expecting much worse and really only wanted games in nice condition and figured this thing was destroyed but once I got it home I saw it was actually in really nice player cosmetic condition besides being painted and the glass being flaked/painted in areas.

Well, after a fair amount of work, sweat, maybe a little blood (as usual), and luckily no tears, it lives once again to be enjoyed by not only me but also anybody who stops by and plays it. I get that these things are inanimate objects, but it sure is a very peculiar "life saving" feeling I get from looking at the picture of it now. This slow music in the background probably doesn't help, LOL. Watch that all come back to life was really a beautiful thing, something it hasn't done in years or maybe even decades.

Ball count unit, 0-9 unit, and vari-targets have all been taken apart and "rebuilt" (cleaned, sanded all contacts, springs adjusted where needed) and something weird with the start button started happening so I just wired it right up to the start relay and it does just fine. Must be a solder or harness issue, somebody got a little crafty with the wire cutters, and having it wired directly to the relay skips a few steps (saved me the whole free play adjustment thing though) but it does what it needs to do in my environment. I still need to go through the reels to make them 100%, replace a coil (only needed for player 2, unnecessary for 1-player play besides player 2's score reel lights staying lit too, so whenever I get to it is fine), and rebuild the flippers as they're a little weak but I'm bored and figured I would post this now as it's officially "back to life" after being very very dead and dormant.

Welcome back, Airport (Comet is alive too, just dead displays and caught the attract mode weird in the picture):

airport-otaku_(resized).jpg

#5793 3 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

The Bally Sea Ray that I traded for last weekend is now ready to play!
Playfield cleaned with magic erase and simple green.
New white rubbers added. New pinball life PerfectPlay green flipper rubbers added.
Switches, relays and steppers adjusted and cleaned as needed.
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Marcus

Looks like the playfield needs a coat of wax before you play it and switch out those Gottlieb bats.

#5794 3 years ago

The NASCAR Bowling Queen.

Just picked this one up on CL.

The glass and play field are great. The cabinet...not so much.

E

BQ4_(resized).jpg

BQ1_(resized).jpg

BQ2_(resized).jpg

BQ3_(resized).jpg

#5795 3 years ago

I bet it plays fast (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Playfield looks nice except for a little right flipper drag. Are you going to re-paint the cab or sell it to a Nascar fan after you've played it awhile?

#5796 3 years ago

I think I'll try my first cabinet resto.

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

The game will look nice with a fresh re-paint.

#5798 3 years ago

The NASCAR Bowling Queen.
Just picked this one up on CL.
The glass and play field are great. The cabinet...not so much.

Nice find!!

#5799 3 years ago

Please do. Those stickers are horrible and should go on a tool box.

#5800 3 years ago

My ship a Ahoy SOLD via Mr. pinball

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 11,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 12021 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 241.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside