Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 243.
#5451 3 years ago

^^^Looks like alot of fun. Are there any houses available near yours? I need to start planning for retirement.

#5452 3 years ago

It's neat to see the Gottlieb and Williams Alternating like that. You just need a Balls-a-Poppin and a StarJet for book ends.

#5453 3 years ago

And the rain came. In buckets!

Quoted from AlexF:

You just need a Balls-a-Poppin and a StarJet for book ends.

I'll probably never find either of those. I think in a hobby like this it's good to be realistic and just go with whatever surprises turn up available and scratch whatever you can off a short want list.

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And the rain came. In buckets!

How's that phone line holding up? Maybe the avocados will make a come back?

Quoted from o-din:

I'll probably never find either of those. I think in a hobby like this it's good to be realistic and just go with whatever surprises turn up available and scratch whatever you can off a short want list.

Sometimes the ones you weren't looking for turn out to be your favorites.

#5455 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

How's that phone line holding up?

Funny you should ask. I just got a call from Nimblepin and he was asking the same thing. The temporary line they hung up is still holding up. If the avocados do make a comeback , I see a squirrel hanging under a branch right now trying to stay dry. They won't leave many.

#5456 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Are there any houses available near yours? I need to start planning for retirement.

Here is a cozy Crafstman style home close to downtown where all the action is.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/25122201_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/33.904687,-117.895318,33.85445,-117.983122_rect/13_zm/1_fr/

IS-1u18tu9f42j4t_(resized).jpg

#5457 3 years ago

Wow. that is 150% more then what my house would sell for and only half the square footage. 87 year old house. Good lord!

#5458 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Wow. that is 150% more then what my house would sell for and only half the square footage. 87 year old house. Good lord

Not a problem, I'll pull out one of my special; rubber checks for the agent.....so what was the price again and how high can they jump?

Ken

#5459 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Wow. that is 150% more then what my house would sell for and only half the square footage. 87 year old house. Good lord!

That's LA. You could sell a tent there for $200k. The prices are completely and utterly ridiculous. I love LA, but I'll never live there due to the crazy real estate prices. They're worse than the traffic.

#5460 3 years ago

Yeah, but this one says it has an unfinished basement. How often do you see that in Ca?

#5461 3 years ago

A few years back and you could get these old Crafstman houses for a song because most people wanted something newer. But now they are a hot item.They were very well built and people are renovating them instead of tearing them down. That and most real estate has gone up crazy lately.

#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A few years back and you could get these old Crafstman houses for a song because most people wanted something newer. But now they are a hot item.They were very well built and people are renovating them instead of tearing them down. That and most real estate has gone up crazy lately.

Lately? Lately?

My brother in law moved to LA in 1989. We went out to visit him in 1990. He showed us a house that he looked at. It was literally a concrete block house that probably was 1000 sq ft. They wanted $300k for it. In 1989.

He came home to KC while we were building our house and brought a friend with him. This was again in 1989. They came and looked at our house. It's about 3000 sq ft with the finished basement. His friend thought it was a mansion.

I truly don't know how people can live in LA proper. My bro in law has a great job but not everyone out there does. It's just nuts.

#5463 3 years ago

This isn't LA. It's north Orange County. In the 80s these houses were around 100k maybe. But over the last 20 years downtown Fullerton has gotten a makeover and with that, the schools, and being close to the train station, this neighborhood has become very desirable. I couldn't buy my house for what they say it's worth now, but at one time it was around 20k. But it was built in '59.

#5464 3 years ago

My little house is pretty similar to O-din's listing. The taxman says it's worth $130k.

If I had $600k I'd make an offer on this 6500q foot historic mansion. I always wanted a bathroom with a urinal in it.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1006-W-Madison-Ave_Milton_WI_53563_M82940-58238

#5465 3 years ago

Sorry but..... where are the EM machines? Did someone stole the pics???? Or am I in a real state thread

#5466 3 years ago

Aww man, if you roll with the Em guys you have to learn that we often get sidetracked. A sign of old age maybe?

#5467 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Sorry but..... where are the EM machines? Did someone stole the pics????

Old houses, old pinball machines, what's the difference? They all need work...

#5468 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

My little house is pretty similar to O-din's listing. The taxman says it's worth $130k.
If I had $600k I'd make an offer on this 6500q foot historic mansion. I always wanted a bathroom with a urinal in it.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1006-W-Madison-Ave_Milton_WI_53563_M82940-58238

Powerball is up to 450 mill if you're feeling lucky!!

#5469 3 years ago

Nah, that's the retirement plan for suckers. You're better off throwing a dollar in a jar every week.

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Powerball is up to 450 mill if you're feeling lucky!!

Then I could afford to move up the hill!

#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In the 80s these houses were around 100k maybe.

Yep.....

craftsman_(resized).png

#5472 3 years ago

My buddies dad was in real estate back in the 70s and he bought up a bunch of these bargain Crafstman homes for cheap. Like 20-30k. Needless to say he and his brothers and sisters all have a place to live now.

#5473 3 years ago

OK enough about houses. The natives are getting restless. Have I posted pics of this beautiful Ali-Baba playfield yet? Here's your eye candy. Love this game!

DSCN4139_(resized).JPG

DSCN4138_(resized).JPG

#5474 3 years ago

Alright, I'll take the glass off..

DSCN4142_(resized).JPG

DSCN4143_(resized).JPG

DSCN4144_(resized).JPG

#5475 3 years ago

IMG_6483_(resized).JPG

#5476 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Alright, I'll take the glass off..
DSCN4142_(resized).JPG

DSCN4143_(resized).JPGDSCN4144_(resized).JPG

Beautiful! I've always suspected that the curvy string of inserts on Ali Baba was the inspiration for TOTAN's bonus lights.

#5477 3 years ago

Perhaps. The only thing I wonder is where was this one hiding for the last 60 years.

#5478 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here is a cozy Crafstman style home close to downtown where all the action is.
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/25122201_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/33.904687,-117.895318,33.85445,-117.983122_rect/13_zm/1_fr/

IS-1u18tu9f42j4t_(resized).jpg

Hmm, maybe I'll just take any available room with a hot plate.

#5479 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Hmm, maybe I'll just take any available room with a hot plate.

Gotcha covered!

great-american-woody_(resized).jpg

#5480 3 years ago

My rental application for your 'room' is on its way

#5481 3 years ago

Not sure where I'm gonna put these two yet, but at least I got them home and in the garage before the next storm hits.

Nothing like trying to get out of LA and get home on a Friday afternoon.

DSCN4150_(resized).JPG

#5482 3 years ago

Wow dude, you are rollin in the machines in the past few weeks! I am super jelly!

#5483 3 years ago

Hey rat, the way it's going there will be no where for you to sleep next time you come up, and I will hardly be able to afford to eat.

As long as I've got my Jack.

DSCN4151_(resized).JPG

#5484 3 years ago

Wow, that Fun Park looks HUO.

#5485 3 years ago

That things adding too many balls. No wonder it got yanked early. I bet somebody crossed some wires.

#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey rat, the way it's going there will be no where for you to sleep next time you come up, and I will hardly be able to afford to eat.

DSCN4151_(resized).JPG

Wow, is that the HUO that was on ebay?!

#5487 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK enough about houses. The natives are getting restless. Have I posted pics of this beautiful Ali-Baba playfield yet? Here's your eye candy. Love this game!

DSCN4139_(resized).JPGDSCN4138_(resized).JPG

Finally!

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, is that the HUO that was on ebay?!

Story is it was on location for a very short time but got taken off because it had a problem and went into storage for years. Well it is fun as can be, but I think I found the problem. It's adding balls like crazy! Not just when it should. I will try to fix it.

#5489 3 years ago

After having my pinball games scattered across my basement for years, I have finally been able to talk my wife into a dedicated room - "arcade" - in the basement. Don't have a ton of space but looks better than all spread out.

The guy who I bought my first game from had framed flyers on the wall of different games he had through the years. I thought that was cool so wanted to copy it. Pictures are taken with just the light from the games and the neon. I love it.

Arcade_2_(resized).jpg

Arcade_1_(resized).jpg

Last photo shows my KOD sample game that I couldn't quite squeeze into the room!

Arcade_3_(resized).jpg

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Story is it was on location for a very short time but got taken off because it had a problem and went into storage for years. Well it is fun as can be, but I think I found the problem. It's adding balls like crazy! Not just when it should. I will try to fix it.

Well, it sure looks a beauty. Enjoy

#5491 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, it sure looks a beauty. Enjoy

Thanks! It really is. And more fun than I expected. I had played a couple beat up Fun Lands and wasn't that thrilled, but this one plays like butter. Nice to get a couple spinners back in the line-up. It really takes seeing something like this in this condition to appreciate what they looked like when they showed up new. I was playing pinball at the time but never saw one like this.

I'll get to the bottom of the add a ball problem, but it might have had it since day one so it may take some digging.

#5492 3 years ago

Opened up for repairs. What's wrong with this picture? I was wondering where those were.

DSCN4155_(resized).JPG

#5493 3 years ago

Now, if that is the problem with it adding balls, *that* would be hilarious. (I mean, it's funny enough now....)

#5494 3 years ago

That fixed it. Glad I didn't have to drill the backbox lock. I like to keep things original.

#5495 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Opened up for repairs. What's wrong with this picture? I was wondering where those were.

DSCN4155_(resized).JPG

they took so effort to get in there. the machine had to be upside down at some point.

#5496 3 years ago

It wasn't that hard to get them out. Makes you wonder if you should look for these things before you plug and play.

#5497 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

DSCN4151_(resized).JPG

Jack Daniels and sleeping underneath a pinball machine. I think I can manage.

#5498 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Jack Daniels and sleeping underneath a pinball machine. I think I can manage.

This must be a new thing. Passing out doesn't really count as sleeping, does it?

#5499 3 years ago

My first EM. I love the sound of the score reels and motor. Nothing like it!

image_(resized).jpeg

#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from mswhat:

My first EM. I love the sound of the score reels and motor. Nothing like it!

image_(resized).jpeg

..an australian themed pinball..and one that never, ever turns up for sale down here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Burlington, CT
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside