• Latest reply 2 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally Fuses (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Good Day, I've just about finished cosmetic restoration of a Bally's Aladdin's Castle and now it comes to my lip biting fear, troubleshooting. I installed new flippers and when I depressed the double flipper button, poof goes the fuse (I believe that's what blew since there appears to be one fried). Now I start examining the long schematic maze to seek the one fuse. Luckily the cabinet marks the voltage and amperage of the fuse, but there are 4 others that are identified on the schematic with its amperage rating. I follow the lines everywhere but can't find what voltage is supposed to be at each of those fuse breaks on the schematic. Is there any standardization on a em pinball schematic that has the voltage listed? I know my William's Space Mission lists the voltage in most of the circuits in their schematics....not sure how to ID them on a Bally schematic. Thanks, Steve

#2 2 years ago

They used to buy lower voltage fuses to save a few pennies. Now you can just use 250v fuses everywhere on a pinball machine. The amperage is what blows fuses.

#3 2 years ago

Look by the transformer. Most Bally EMs are contiguous and the transformer secondaries or lines close to them will indicate what values the voltage rails are. The fuses on the schematics usually list the amperage next to them.

#4 2 years ago

Hi,
The flippers coils are on the 50 Vac line.

Bally Fuses (resized).jpgBally Fuses (resized).jpg

#5 2 years ago

BallyCrazy....yep, that's the one that blew....but looking at the schematic, where does it post the voltage for each of the circuits?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazmat9:

where does it post the voltage for each of the circuits?

The wire BallyCrazy labelled "50 vac" connects to transformer terminal 4. Look at 27B on the schematic to see that terminal 4 delivers 53.6 volts on a 110 volt input transformer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 20.00
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
Women

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-schematics-boy-what-an-adventure?hl=ballycrazy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.