• Latest reply 25 days ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally Fuses (resized).jpg

#1 26 days ago

Good Day, I've just about finished cosmetic restoration of a Bally's Aladdin's Castle and now it comes to my lip biting fear, troubleshooting. I installed new flippers and when I depressed the double flipper button, poof goes the fuse (I believe that's what blew since there appears to be one fried). Now I start examining the long schematic maze to seek the one fuse. Luckily the cabinet marks the voltage and amperage of the fuse, but there are 4 others that are identified on the schematic with its amperage rating. I follow the lines everywhere but can't find what voltage is supposed to be at each of those fuse breaks on the schematic. Is there any standardization on a em pinball schematic that has the voltage listed? I know my William's Space Mission lists the voltage in most of the circuits in their schematics....not sure how to ID them on a Bally schematic. Thanks, Steve

#2 26 days ago

They used to buy lower voltage fuses to save a few pennies. Now you can just use 250v fuses everywhere on a pinball machine. The amperage is what blows fuses.

#3 26 days ago

Look by the transformer. Most Bally EMs are contiguous and the transformer secondaries or lines close to them will indicate what values the voltage rails are. The fuses on the schematics usually list the amperage next to them.

#4 26 days ago

Hi,
The flippers coils are on the 50 Vac line.

Bally Fuses (resized).jpg

#5 26 days ago

BallyCrazy....yep, that's the one that blew....but looking at the schematic, where does it post the voltage for each of the circuits?

#6 25 days ago
Quoted from Hazmat9:

where does it post the voltage for each of the circuits?

The wire BallyCrazy labelled "50 vac" connects to transformer terminal 4. Look at 27B on the schematic to see that terminal 4 delivers 53.6 volts on a 110 volt input transformer.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside