(Topic ID: 195202)

EM schematic fully described from beginning to end (Bally Bon Voyage)

By xsvtoys

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by borna
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GameOver2 (resized).jpg
ItsOverJohnny (resized).jpg
That's All Folks (resized).jpg
BonVoyageSchematicPart6-2 (resized).jpg
game over lites cutoff (resized).jpg
game over cutoffs (resized).jpg
game over lites cutoff (resized).jpg
game over lites (resized).jpg
game over trip (resized).jpg
match lites off (resized).jpg
match (resized).jpg
BonVoyageSchematicPart6-1 (resized).jpg
ball drain 7 (resized).jpg
ball drain 6 (resized).jpg
ball drain 5 (resized).jpg
ball drain 4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 5 years ago

Thanks for publishing this work, xsvtoys . I've been using this thread extensively over at least the last six months as I work on-and-off to get my Monte Carlo working. The deep dive step-by-step into the startup process was essential to finally getting to reliably start a game every time I push the credit button. The logic you present is sound and applicable beyond your target game (Bon Voyage). A little tip for those who find this thread - some things in startup happen fast; I used the slow-mo video on my phone to watch the ball count stepper which is where the core of my game's issues resided. Slowing things down can really help sort it all out!

For what it's worth, I think the resistor is there to minimize EMF. When designing that circuit, first choose a coil that will drive the lockout mechanism, then pick a resistor that will block just enough voltage so the coil can't pull the mechanism. Lacking the resistor, the step function change in current will cause the EMF to pulsate like the damped motion of a diving board. Maybe the designers found the 'ringing' in the coil could bounce the lockout lever? In that case going from full current to less current reduces the size of the step function and therefore reduces the undesired EMF which would prevent the postulated 'bounce'.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED score displays for model H and model S Skee Ball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-schematic-fully-described-from-beginning-to-end-bally-bon-voyage?tu=rkahr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.