(Topic ID: 87077)

EM Resurection, Gottlieb World Series From Turd to Titties !

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pinbot1986
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ws5.jpg
w4.jpg
image-908.jpg
image-470.jpg
image-849.jpg
image-423.jpg
image-737.jpg
image-825.jpg
image-416.jpg
image-282.jpg
image-851.jpg
image-702.jpg
image-227.jpg
image-558.jpg
image-479.jpg
image-1061.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I got this game from ScottinSGFNY a good friend of mine and a great Pinsider as well..

This game was a totaly molested pile of S#!T, to put it politely

The cab was completely repainted a solid blue, and the artworks was painted on the Back Box in a similar shade of maroon.

the game powered, and reset, and worked about 75% of the way..

Extremely filthy, and grimey...

it had no care for years and years, outside of the painter that thought he was doint it a favor.. LOL

i snagged a few pics from the post here, but couldn't grab the ones he had on photobucket as scott musta took them down..

There were a ton of pics there to show its real and poor condition, but cant post them now, maybe scott can throw some of them up in this post...

I am super happy with the way this game came out...

It is dialed right in and is suprisingly fast, fast, fast...

It really didnt need much for parts, it mostly needed alot of love in the end to make her shine again...

And many hours of switch adjustments and diagnosing and repair of relays and such...

I put in a set of Yellow dot coils from PBR and a rebuild on the mechs, WOW it makes this game great !

No slings in this game so the extra power really livens it up alot, it is now fun...

Cool litte game with a 2 games in one ruleset, AAB for scores and for runs, it changes your strategy mid game all the time, trying to keep the game going..

WS was the first pin i bought back in the day, and it was a pile...i hated it once it was working, my old on made this one when i got it look like an HEP restore LOL

#2 10 years ago

picsWS3.jpgWS3.jpgWS2.jpgWS2.jpgWS1.jpgWS1.jpg

#3 10 years ago

This is how she turned out image-59.jpgimage-59.jpgimage-263.jpgimage-263.jpgimage-401.jpgimage-401.jpgimage-874.jpgimage-874.jpgimage-926.jpgimage-926.jpgimage-814.jpgimage-814.jpgimage-580.jpgimage-580.jpgimage-436.jpgimage-436.jpgimage-824.jpgimage-824.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Some of these pics are still in mid process...

#5 10 years ago

image-282.jpgimage-282.jpgimage-807.jpgimage-807.jpgimage-764.jpgimage-764.jpgimage-456.jpgimage-456.jpgimage-605.jpgimage-605.jpgimage-227.jpgimage-227.jpgimage-672.jpgimage-672.jpgimage-247.jpgimage-247.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Nice Gerry,
He told me about the game too. I passed as I knew it had some less than collector quality issues. Glad you were able to bring it back to a good player's game status. I had a really nice one in the past and yes, very fun when dialed in. The 5" bell adds to the chimes and knocker when scoring runs/extra balls. Lots going on. One 'mod' I did to mine was to add one light socket up top behind the player on either side of the roto-target. I always thought that area was too dark, and the players really stand out that way. I even hooked the bulbs into the same alternating circuit as the pops, so they would go back and forth when hitting ten point switches. Enjoy!

#7 10 years ago

// Error: Image 216664 not found //// Error: Image 216663 not found //// Error: Image 216661 not found //// Error: Image 216662 not found //// Error: Image 216659 not found //// Error: Image 216660 not found //// Error: Image 216658 not found //// Error: Image 216656 not found //// Error: Image 216655 not found //// Error: Image 216653 not found //// Error: Image 216654 not found //// Error: Image 216652 not found //// Error: Image 216650 not found //// Error: Image 216650 not found //

// Error: Image 216651 not found //
#8 10 years ago

image-282.jpgimage-282.jpgimage-416.jpgimage-416.jpgimage-851.jpgimage-851.jpgimage-702.jpgimage-702.jpgimage-227.jpgimage-227.jpgimage-479.jpgimage-479.jpgimage-558.jpgimage-558.jpgimage-1061.jpgimage-1061.jpgimage-1061.jpgimage-1061.jpg

#9 10 years ago

image-908.jpgimage-908.jpgimage-470.jpgimage-470.jpgimage-849.jpgimage-849.jpgimage-737.jpgimage-737.jpgimage-423.jpgimage-423.jpgimage-825.jpgimage-825.jpgimage-825.jpgimage-825.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Great Job Gerry..Looks Fantastic! I wish I could do that kind of shop job..

Well done!

#11 10 years ago

i had to do some PF touchup, the right side of the PF was very grainy, and i filled all the colors red, green, white, blue and that baby puke yellow, with acrylic, and topped it with clear laquer..

You cant even tell where i cleared and where i didnt....

I wish i had better before and afters but this is all i have for ya, unless scott sitll has those pics...

i was a bit off on the color match on the green, for the first base kickout area,dried a bit darker but overall a very good PF for a WS, they are generaly puked..

i am very happy with the game the way it turned out and how it plays...

i thought i'd broom it when done, but i'm having too much fun to let it go

#12 10 years ago

I still have to do the touchup on the left side of the cab, that will come out great too...

but now that it is sitting in the lineup i will probably be a bit before i do it...

cant see it anyway between 2 games LOL

#13 10 years ago

Looks great.

#14 10 years ago

Nice work Gerry!

Now have fun playing it!

Ken

#15 10 years ago

w4.jpgw4.jpg

Before pic of the front.

#16 10 years ago

Thanks Scott keep em comin !

#17 10 years ago

ws5.jpgws5.jpg

Playfield before

#18 10 years ago

That was a pretty nice "pile" under that repaint. It turned out great. You have to be proud of it at this point.

I bought and shopped out a Grand Slam, the replay version of WS, a dozen or so years back. I didn't keep it very long but did give it a throrough shop and recall I had to address at least a dozen or more primary issues with the game along with all the minor issues involved in shopping a playfield. Makes me wonder if this game, in either form, was more prone to issues.

Have fun playing it.

Mike O.

#19 10 years ago

I will , and yeah, i'm kinda proud of how it came out....

it was a pleasant surprise to see 98% of all the artwork on the cab there, and in nice shape...

make ya wonder why these tards paint them in the first place..

#20 10 years ago

Very nice work indeed. Gives me an idea of what I need to do to mine. I can only hope it will turn out as well and in a relatively timely fashion. You motivate me!! Stop it! But thank you none the less. Time to play.

#21 10 years ago

took about a week, maybe a bit less..well worth it to me.

#22 10 years ago

Sat for bout a month and a half, in the corner of the Living room on its back, with me avoiding it LOL

#23 10 years ago

Looks great but where are the tities

#24 10 years ago

Capt Neo has them

#25 10 years ago

Looks really nice.

I touched-up a Grand Slam playfield and had the same problem with the green on the playfield. That kick-out hole wear is tough to touch-up. The next time I do a dark color like green I'm going to try putting down a white base coat 1st before the final coats of green to see if it turns out better.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Looks really nice.
I touched-up a Grand Slam playfield and had the same problem with the green on the playfield. That kick-out hole wear is tough to touch-up. The next time I do a dark color like green I'm going to try putting down a white base coat 1st before the final coats of green to see if it turns out better.

Thats exactly what i was thinking after this result..

It looks far worse in the pics than in person though, guess thats a good thing

#27 10 years ago

Look inside the cabinet. This game wasn't by any chance "signed" by Guido Del Signore was it?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Look inside the cabinet. This game wasn't by any chance "signed" by Guido Del Signore was it?

where would i look for that, and who is that guy ?

#29 10 years ago

Guido was one of the earliest operators of coin op stuff anywhere. He lived to about 100 and passed away around 15 years ago or so. He lived in Fort Edward, NY and ran most of the pinballs upstate. Some of his games that turn up today were "signed" by him somewhere inside the cabinet.

#30 10 years ago

That machine looks great!

#31 10 years ago

Thanks for the info Jr...

And thanks Ken !

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Guido was one of the earliest operators of coin op stuff anywhere. He lived to about 100 and passed away around 15 years ago or so. He lived in Fort Edward, NY and ran most of the pinballs upstate. Some of his games that turn up today were "signed" by him somewhere inside the cabinet.

That has to be some of the best information I have learned from a pinsider. Thanks!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

That has to be some of the best information I have learned from a pinsider. Thanks!

I met him at his home just a year or so before he passed away. He had a small mountain of lightbox inserts (mostly add-a-ball) piled up in his basement. He also had racks from a card store loaded with original paper packets from old EMs. A lot of the games he had in his basement had some creative painting and cosmetic modifications made to them. I think I have some paper photos of some of his stuff somewhere. If I find them, I'll scan and post them.

3 months later
#34 9 years ago

Game looks great with also a lot of great pictures. I have a World Series and it has some relays missing in the head. I sure could use some detailed pics to help me get the game I have playing. Let me know if you can help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-resurection-gottlieb-world-series-from-turd-to-titties and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.