Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Erieman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

This is not my first post on this machine but the feed back and links got many of my problems fixed. I have a Williams
Stop n Go, it powers on, starts with the left flipper, starts with the 25 cent switch. Here is the problem: the ball count unit's top image.jpg solenoid fires continuously, if I manually turn the wheel 2-3 clicks clockwise the game starts up and plays fine, it does not always count the balls in play or switch from player 1&2 properly. The solenoid on the right I never see fire, I checked the resistance ( same as others) I can jump it off the top solenoid and it fires( works). What triggers that solenoid and when?
What else should I check?
Take it easy on me, this is my first attempt at a pinball machine. I'm not wanting to make it showroom perfect just a solid player for the kids.

Ed

#2 7 years ago

If it is gummed up with grease it can't step up or down properly. Have you verified it is functioning correctly by pushing the on the armatures to step the unit up and down?

#3 7 years ago

It was very gummed up, took it apart, cleaned it. Everything works smooth and free. The solenoid right one only when jumped. The top solenoid always runs unless I manually turn it clockwise about 3 clicks.

#4 7 years ago

Do you have a schematic?

#5 7 years ago

I have a Williams about 10 years newer, Skylab.
When it starts, it first steps the ball counter to zero, then steps it up to 5 (or three).
Is yours stepping up or down? What's th ball counter on the back glass indicate? It might be trying to count to zero & never sees the zero switch open or close.

#6 7 years ago

You may have put it back together wrong in regards to the placement of the wipers.

Do you see that set of leaf switches? And that post that sticks up off the ratchet wheel? Normally, that post should move around until it comes in contact with the switch. If you look at the photo in IPDB, you can see the post comes around from the left and rests on the post. More than likely, this is shown in reset position (Ball 1).

See if opening that switch stops the stepping. If so, you may need to orient the wiper differently on the other side.

Hitting the Reset Coil (the shorter one on top) should cause the wheel to zip all the way back to resting on the leaf switch. the larger coil steps it up one tooth with each ball.

#7 7 years ago

image.jpgThankfully I do have a wiring schematic. I am new to pinball sand it helps with the power plow I am unsure of what some of the parts are and where they are located.

First : the ball count reset relay B 28 800 cycles or runs until I manually turn wheel clockwise. where is the cam and switch located? What does it look like or unit is it in?

Second: ball count step up A 23 600 does not fire( it works if I jump it) . Where is the cam and switch located for that?

I marked the wiper before I took it off but I switched it- when 180 deg out both player 1&2 relays are powered up.

It resets all the way but still firing solenoid , that's why I think a contact is bad, dirty , or miss adjusted.
Just need to find it.

Thanks, Ed

Post edited by Erieman : Uploaded wrong pic first time

image.jpg
#8 7 years ago

Okay, The Ball Count reset coil will continue to fire (from score motor switch 1A) as long as:
Any of the score reel (Drum Units) zero switches are closed
or if the Ball count zero switch isn't opening.

On the score reels, there will be 3 switches. One will be the one that should close at "9".
The other two should open at "0". One of them provides the pulses to move the reel back to 0. The other one tells the logic that all of these items are at zero.

When all 7 of those switches are open, the Reset Relay should drop out and allow the system to continue.

#9 7 years ago

Thanks Cactusjack.
I like working on the score reels because I can compare player 1 to player 2. It also make sense because I had all the reels apart to clean them. Many were gummed up and some would not advance the next unit. I most likely knocked one out of adjustment.

Ed

2 weeks later
#10 6 years ago

I took a week off to babysit grand kids. Looked at the score reels. All the switches open and close the same as each other on the same #.
Now what?
I did find a worn contact and got the bell for one point working !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 6.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 79.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 6,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside